00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng London Meet VII 2010

72,676 Views | 984 Replies

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-18 22:47:46

At 7/18/10 10:41 PM, Andersson wrote: I hope you'll have a great time! =)

You've got to come at least one meet I'm at in the future!

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-19 11:43:53

citricsquid you will probably need ID for the pubs and bars and also bring some money with you just in case..

cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-19 11:49:00

At 7/19/10 11:26 AM, citricsquid wrote: so yeah: was anyone asked for proof of age at any of the other meets and if they were, was it at any important places?

You will DEFINATELY need ID round london.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-19 12:35:18

At 7/19/10 11:54 AM, citricsquid wrote: ack, I hope it arrives in time. A friend got his (provisional license) in 5 days, but it can take up to a month apparently ;_;

You could just take your passport, that's what I did for the Glasgow meet.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-19 12:40:11

At 7/19/10 11:49 AM, dELtaluca wrote:
At 7/19/10 11:26 AM, citricsquid wrote: so yeah: was anyone asked for proof of age at any of the other meets and if they were, was it at any important places?
You will DEFINATELY need ID round london.

for most places you do need one, but like the karaoke place we goto, its not been an issue. i think the fact that we spend so much money there causes em to overlook it, that and its in a quiet out of the way area. But yea work on getting an id. No point in getting shut out of shit when you actually are old enough to do stuff and you never bothered to get your id.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-19 16:26:08

@criticsquid

I never had to show ID at any place in London.

@DumbassDude

I will definitively show up at more London meets. :)

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-20 10:11:32

For friday night you almost certainly won't need ID, but for saturday night you almost certainly will, and saturday afternoon at namco probably.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-20 10:17:16

At 7/20/10 10:11 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: For friday night you almost certainly won't need ID, but for saturday night you almost certainly will, and saturday afternoon at namco probably.

so saturday is karoke night then?

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-20 10:22:59

Ah really look forward to seeing you guys again, was great fun last time.

Wish I could stay for the saturday night but i'm barely able to afford the train =_="

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-20 10:23:21

At 7/20/10 10:17 AM, therealanimator wrote: so saturday is karoke night then?

Nope, karaoke is on the Friday night, so the HUB tells me anyway. I'm told the guy who owns the pub is lenient on age to a degree, so if you look 18 then you most likely won't need your ID.

correct me if I'm wrong people

But on the Saturday, you will need ID because we'll be OOT AND ABOOT.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-20 10:31:54

Kareoke is on friday night, and you'll _almost_ certainly not be ID'd. Don't take that as gospel because you can never be sure but when 20-30 people show up and drink for four-five hours at a place in the east end that probably doesn't get that much business in a whole week some times, they're not going to start turning us away.

You'll probably be fine without ID on friday.

On saturday (the main meet day), you're more than likely going to need an ID if you plan on drinking in the afternoon (but hopefully we'll be out in the sun anyway), and when we go out in the evening you'll almost 100% be ID'd on the door at whatever bar/club we end up going to

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-20 10:33:40

At 7/20/10 10:23 AM, DumbassDude wrote:
Nope, karaoke is on the Friday night, so the HUB tells me anyway. I'm told the guy who owns the pub is lenient on age to a degree, so if you look 18 then you most likely won't need your ID.

Its hard to say ... i really dont like to over assume anything. At the end of the day youre taking a risk by trying to go into 18+ places without an ID or knowing youre underage. Proceed at your own risk.
Some people have gotten away with it in the past, yes but that's no guarantee that it will be like that every year.

So yea, nothing is a sure bet. Time to grow your beard.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-20 16:26:43

At 7/20/10 10:33 AM, Luis wrote:
At 7/20/10 10:23 AM, DumbassDude wrote:
Its hard to say ... i really dont like to over assume anything. At the end of the day youre taking a risk by trying to go into 18+ places without an ID or knowing youre underage. Proceed at your own risk.
Some people have gotten away with it in the past, yes but that's no guarantee that it will be like that every year.

So yea, nothing is a sure bet. Time to grow your beard.

Yeah.. Beards do seem to assist in the whole (Not getting ID'd) melarcy.

Anyone know where on the earth I could stay if I came up on the friday.. Without forking out mad wads of cash?

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-20 17:16:21

I remember Dangan left when we would go to the sports pub during the Saturday night (January 2009) because he had forgotten to bring his ID.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-21 03:58:50

Why am I not on the list yet? I may have to change things around to come into waterloo instead but I am definitely going on saturday with Tim and Matt (no, its not an alt).

My websites: MayesMods | FireStorm | I'm also on almost every other website in existence, mostly under the username: andy70707 (youtube: brainiac777, eBay: 10andy70707).

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-21 10:46:59

It's official, I'm going! I've booked my travel tickets to go there for the weekend and I shall be there on Friday night as well as Saturday afternoon. As for Saturday evening, I'm quite concerned about ID since the most I have is my passport which expired a year ago. It's better than nothing but if there's a place that won't accept it, that'll just have to be.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-21 11:08:32

At 7/20/10 10:33 AM, Luis wrote: So yea, nothing is a sure bet. Time to grow your beard.

Yeah, I've been meaning to ask you about that - will beards count for the vouchery goodness, so long as there is a mustache contained within the quantity of the overall beard? I mean obviously Amish and Islamic style beards are exempt, but since they don't drink, I think we're in the clear there...

At 7/21/10 10:46 AM, Bahamut wrote: It's official, I'm going! I've booked my travel tickets to go there for the weekend and I shall be there on Friday night as well as Saturday afternoon.

That's it *slaps with glove* sir, I challenge you to trial by dodgems!

As for Saturday evening, I'm quite concerned about ID since the most I have is my passport which expired a year ago. It's better than nothing but if there's a place that won't accept it, that'll just have to be.

Well, the worst thing that can happen is they will turn you down and you won't get in. You're well over 18, so it's not like you're breaking any laws.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-21 12:37:41

Whats with all these people not having ID's?
Is this a common thing in the UK? Not having them? Because seriously, you get fined over here if you're not even carrying one around.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-21 12:41:49

Belguim has reverted to war-time eh? ID cards must be carried at all times or you'll be carted away because we think your a spy!

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-21 12:42:28

In Sweden you get fined if driving without your license with you, even if you have one. It's uncommon that someone over the age of 15 doesn't have an ID, it's rare that someone over 18 doesn't have an ID, and those who doesn't have an ID when being 20 years old are unique. XD

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-21 12:43:29

Im going to bring a plain white t shirt for all the Newgrounders to sign and possbly give it away to someone..

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-21 13:09:07

At 7/21/10 12:43 PM, therealanimator wrote: Im going to bring a plain white t shirt for all the Newgrounders to sign and possbly give it away to someone..

What happened to the shirt we did that to last time?

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-21 19:27:56

At 7/21/10 10:46 AM, Bahamut wrote: As for Saturday evening, I'm quite concerned about ID since the most I have is my passport which expired a year ago. It's better than nothing but if there's a place that won't accept it, that'll just have to be.

"Oi mate, this is expired, you aren't him any more"

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-23 05:54:58

Dammit, I REALLY wanted to make this meet but August 7th is the weekend after I move home from Uni and I need to find a house and its probably just way too hectic to even try it.

Might be able to make one day but thats pretty shitty, i think I want the full experience for my first meet!

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-24 19:26:40

Could you add me to the hub page please? Definatley going! :D

If you miss him, AfroPON is here...

I like cats

Remember Decent?

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-24 20:15:50

Hopefully I'll make it, cause last year, it was fucking cold as shit man. Thank god its going to be in the summer, so I'll most likely come.

Common sense is not so common- Voltaire

Action is the real measure of intelligence- Napoleon Hill

Intelligence without ambition is like a bird without wings- Salvador Dali

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-26 13:56:02

Hai guise, just wondering who here will probably be still around on the Sunday? My plan is to go down on the Thursday, either in the morning if I've got a place to stay that night so I'll be down in Barrio by 7, or go on a sleeper bus and catch you all later on the Friday. Coming back the way, I could get another sleeper bus at 23:45 at Victoria on Sunday and be up in Glasgow come Monday morning, but that would be too much time to kill all by my lonesome. The alternative for heading back the way is a 10 hour bus journey during the day, which I'm not keen on.

Let me know so I can make my mind up, thanks in advance.

///THREE///TWO///ONE///ZERO///

The Chemical Brothers Vs. The Beastie Boys - Intergalactic Dust We Trust

Sig of win courtesy of InsertFunnyUserName.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-26 17:19:46

At 7/26/10 01:56 PM, Black-Ops wrote: Let me know so I can make my mind up, thanks in advance.

I'll probably stick around on Sunday until maybe 5/6pm. I don't want to be on the train too late to be honest.

By the way, I'll probably bring my camera along which, with about a 4GB card (and some AA batteries) should mean a good amount of photos.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-26 19:00:28

At 7/26/10 05:19 PM, Lost-Chances wrote:
At 7/26/10 01:56 PM, Black-Ops wrote: Let me know so I can make my mind up, thanks in advance.
I'll probably stick around on Sunday until maybe 5/6pm. I don't want to be on the train too late to be honest.

Same here...I'll probably take the last train home though. I mean, I want to squeeze out every penny.
And if it doesn't matter when I take my train (which is still a mystery), then yeah...Last one on there. But I don't think it makes much of a difference.
I'll see what the gang will decide....But seeing as I will probably go into an entire different direction then most of them, it'll probably won't matter shit.

By the way, I'll probably bring my camera along which, with about a 4GB card (and some AA batteries) should mean a good amount of photos.

I think everyone is going to take a camera with them.
...(seeing as every phone has a camera built in these days)...
But yeah..I'll have 2 gigs worth of pictures with me! And a battery that can last for weeks.
LETS ALL PLAY SUPER MODEL YAY

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-07-26 19:08:43

Can i come and show you brits some real american food like cheeseburgers, fried chicken, and bacon wrapped donuts?