00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng London Meet VII 2010

72,661 Views | 984 Replies

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-02 20:14:40

I'm curious about, since I've been going to London all the bloody time lately, if I should just splash for an Oyster card.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-02 20:30:56

At 8/2/10 08:14 PM, Wonchop wrote: I'm curious about, since I've been going to London all the bloody time lately, if I should just splash for an Oyster card.

(assuming you get train tickets) if you've been buying your tickets at train stations with a travelcard attatched then no. You get a significant discount buying a travelcard with a train ticket so it's cheaper.
If, however, you just buy a ticket to say, London Waterloo and then get a travelcard when you're there it is always cheaper to get an oyster card.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-02 20:39:00

At 8/2/10 06:54 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: I'll probably be willing to stick about until about 4pm or 5pm if anyone wants to do random stuff.

Yeah, I'll be around till mid-late afternoon too.

I'm up for going and grabbing some lunch in town or something.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-02 21:05:30

so is saturday gonna be namco then a bit of footy and a walkabout?

cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-02 21:07:02

At 8/2/10 08:30 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: (assuming you get train tickets) if you've been buying your tickets at train stations with a travelcard attatched then no. You get a significant discount buying a travelcard with a train ticket so it's cheaper.
If, however, you just buy a ticket to say, London Waterloo and then get a travelcard when you're there it is always cheaper to get an oyster card.

Well they generally don't offer those discount travelcards if you're staying overnight. At least the last time I checked.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-02 21:33:22

I won't attend like I would go to europe on my own free will.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-02 21:42:03

At 8/2/10 07:17 PM, Coop83 wrote:
Guys and girls, we must all do this for Leanne this time around.

Adopt-a-Gagsy. We all take it in turns to pretend that we're her adoring General fanbase and orbit around her, like bubbling crock-pots of male hormones that we were at the age of 12-15.

There is so many things wrong with this sentence that I don't even know where to start. I think I need to have a serious conversation with your girlfriend about you >:(

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-02 23:22:02

At 8/2/10 09:42 PM, Gagsy wrote: I think I need to have a serious conversation with your girlfriend about you >:(

I like where this is going.
*get shoryuken'd to Ireland*

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-03 04:24:26

At 8/2/10 09:42 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 8/2/10 07:17 PM, Coop83 wrote: Adopt-a-Gagsy. We all take it in turns to pretend that we're her adoring General fanbase and orbit around her, like bubbling crock-pots of male hormones that we were at the age of 12-15.
There is so many things wrong with this sentence that I don't even know where to start. I think I need to have a serious conversation with your girlfriend about you >:(

She'll be there and I did say to her "Cally's not going to the meet." She responded with sad face, so I suggested that the two of you talk, and she seemed to perk up.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-03 07:07:49

At 8/3/10 04:24 AM, Coop83 wrote:
She'll be there and I did say to her "Cally's not going to the meet." She responded with sad face, so I suggested that the two of you talk, and she seemed to perk up.

I'm no Cally though..

ANYWAY I'M WAITING FOR AN APOLOGY ABOUT YOUR LAST POST.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-03 07:13:47

At 8/2/10 09:07 PM, Wonchop wrote: Well they generally don't offer those discount travelcards if you're staying overnight. At least the last time I checked.

Yeah that's true, at least afaik. Would be better to get an oyster card in that situation then yeah.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-03 07:20:45

I've been meaning to get an oyster card the last three years. Maybe this will be the year.

In other news, I think the people that needed to have my uk mobile # have it, but if you are someone who thinks they might need it then just send me a pm

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-03 07:24:09

At 8/3/10 07:20 AM, Luis wrote: I've been meaning to get an oyster card the last three years. Maybe this will be the year.

In other news, I think the people that needed to have my uk mobile # have it, but if you are someone who thinks they might need it then just send me a pm

It's on the website of the meet right?

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-03 07:28:08

At 8/3/10 07:07 AM, Gagsy wrote:
At 8/3/10 04:24 AM, Coop83 wrote: She'll be there and I did say to her "Cally's not going to the meet." She responded with sad face, so I suggested that the two of you talk, and she seemed to perk up.
I'm no Cally though..

You sit here for hours upon hours and read some of the drivel that the regulars in General spout out. How can spending time with Bex be any worse? She's a maniac, but harmless, by and large.

ANYWAY I'M WAITING FOR AN APOLOGY ABOUT YOUR LAST POST.

Why should I apologise for trying to make people come up to you and actually befriend you, perish the thought?

I make no apologies for the mind of one such as you Gagsy. >:(

At 8/3/10 07:20 AM, Luis wrote: I've been meaning to get an oyster card the last three years. Maybe this will be the year.

Ah, greasing Boris' pockets as you travel. Well done :P

Same as last year? Or do you have a new one that I'd better make sure I have?

Also, I've tried to plan transport to get me from the travelodge to the White Swan and it ain't working. Train, walk, bus, pray and eventually we arrive somewhere near the goal. Failing that, Pizza Express is close, so that's tea taken care of.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-03 07:36:09

At 8/3/10 07:28 AM, Coop83 wrote: Same as last year? Or do you have a new one that I'd better make sure I have?

its new. and hopefully the last number for awhile. We'll see how it goes.... i seem to have bad karma with mobile phones.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-03 07:56:09

At 8/3/10 07:36 AM, Luis wrote:
At 8/3/10 07:28 AM, Coop83 wrote: Same as last year? Or do you have a new one that I'd better make sure I have?
its new. and hopefully the last number for awhile. We'll see how it goes.... i seem to have bad karma with mobile phones.

I seem to remember that. Keep your fingers crossed and keep the phone glued to your hand or something.

At 8/3/10 07:38 AM, citricsquid wrote: we just need a network of people so that we can just shout LUIS and the message will work its way through the crowds to you.

or something.

Along with a hot dog and a pint of beer, no doubt :P

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-03 08:27:40

At 8/3/10 07:38 AM, citricsquid wrote: we just need a network of people so that we can just shout LUIS and the message will work its way through the crowds to you.

or something.

I'm imagining a group of people sitting around in a circle playing Chinese Whispers...

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-03 08:46:59

Should probably say that I'm there!

Just got back from Sonisphere and managed to save enough money :)

Will probably be heading up with a few other NGers. See you guys on Saturday!

SlimBean

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-03 09:07:41

At 8/3/10 07:28 AM, Coop83 wrote: Also, I've tried to plan transport to get me from the travelodge to the White Swan and it ain't working. Train, walk, bus, pray and eventually we arrive somewhere near the goal. Failing that, Pizza Express is close, so that's tea taken care of.

As far as getting there is concerned, you should try and get to the Overground line it seems, which I think you can get to by taking the Victoria line from Euston and changing at Highbury & Islington.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-03 09:47:04

At 8/3/10 07:28 AM, Coop83 wrote: Also, I've tried to plan transport to get me from the travelodge to the White Swan and it ain't working.

Depends where your travelodge is. The overground is now working to wapping so you can just go plug that into www.tfl.gov.uk's routefinder. On friday the tube lines are all good, so go to your nearest of the following tubes, or work your way into the city if you're far out and go from there).

JUBILEE (grey line). From the city head east towards stratford, change at canada water to the Overground, from there get a train north (towards dalston junction) two stops to wapping. Then it's just up the road from the station. Success!

DISTRICT (green line). From the city, head east towards upminster, change at Whitechapel to the Overground, from there get a train south (towards New Cross, Croydon, etc) two stops to.... wapping. Then it's just up the road from the station. Success!

HAMMERSMITH & CITY (pink line). From the city, head east towards Barking, change at Whitechapel blah blah blah blah Success!

Overground trains appear to run every five minutes or so in both directions. If you don't want to fork out for a cab back to your hotel, the last one runs north (for district + hammersmith & city) at 23:55, and south (for jubilee) at 23:52. Don't get stuck in the east end of london at midnight or you might get in a fight with some hoodies or something, lol.

Or you could get a bus from tower hill or something.

Or just plug in the White Swan's postcode (E1W 2RW) into tfl's route finder, it's pretty good.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-03 09:49:01

At 8/3/10 09:07 AM, Wonchop wrote: As far as getting there is concerned, you should try and get to the Overground line it seems, which I think you can get to by taking the Victoria line from Euston and changing at Highbury & Islington.

The number 100 bus also goes right past the pub too.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-03 09:52:19

At 8/3/10 07:56 AM, Coop83 wrote: I seem to remember that. Keep your fingers crossed and keep the phone glued to your hand or something.

Even that seems to be a problem. At NY meetup i jumped into a swimming pool of lesbians with my phone still in my pocket.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-03 10:05:29

If I lived in the UK I would be there in a heartbeat.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-03 10:07:31

At 8/3/10 09:49 AM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote:
At 8/3/10 09:07 AM, Wonchop wrote: As far as getting there is concerned, you should try and get to the Overground line it seems, which I think you can get to by taking the Victoria line from Euston and changing at Highbury & Islington.
The number 100 bus also goes right past the pub too.

GAH.
All these different names and tube stations! "UNDERGROUND" "OVERGROUND" I hope it won't be this confusing once I get there and get a hold of a map or something. Also...cabs drive all night? How expensive are these bitches?

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-03 10:19:38

At 8/3/10 10:07 AM, Damien wrote: All these different names and tube stations! "UNDERGROUND" "OVERGROUND" I hope it won't be this confusing once I get there and get a hold of a map or something.

You can get maps here.

Also...cabs drive all night? How expensive are these bitches?

Yeah you should be able to get some sort of taxi at any time, in the early hours of the morning it'll be more likely a minicab than a black cab. The cost obviously depends on how far you're going. Just don't get a cab with Luis. Last time I was in a taxi with him he got out when we were only half way home and we had to wait like 40 mins to get another cab =P

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-03 10:23:55

At 8/2/10 09:31 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 8/2/10 09:00 AM, Cally wrote: You'll be surprised how quickly you gel in with everyone, to be honest. That's the good thing about groups of people with the same interest :)
Hell yes... and the fact we have dodgems and arcade games to play on.

Yeah but first off, we've got the karaoke. Now THAT I'll need a few drinks to settle down for.

At 8/2/10 04:24 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: Also anyone travelling by tube on Saturday or Sunday should check out this site for travel updates. Seems there's a few closures now.

I've brought this up to my sister and luckily she knows her way around maintenances so I should have nothing to worry about.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-03 10:25:31

At 8/3/10 10:07 AM, Damien wrote: GAH.
All these different names and tube stations! "UNDERGROUND" "OVERGROUND" I hope it won't be this confusing once I get there and get a hold of a map or something. Also...cabs drive all night? How expensive are these bitches?

Well when Oliver stayed with me earlier this year he said he was surprised how it was a lot less confusing than he thought it would be. It should be a lot simpler when you get here.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-03 10:47:17

Man, I wish I could make it. Maybe next year.

Join chat | In Obscurity Forever.| Least noticed user '13? Vote for me!

Sig by Me.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-03 12:27:45

At 8/3/10 10:23 AM, Bahamut wrote:
Hell yes... and the fact we have dodgems and arcade games to play on.
Yeah but first off, we've got the karaoke. Now THAT I'll need a few drinks to settle down for.

I'll probably be drunk before I even arrive.
ALCOHOL KILLS THE NERVES.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-03 12:52:54

At 8/3/10 10:07 AM, Damien wrote: GAH.

Underground, overground... LOL

Part of Newgrounds furniture since 2000.Clicky, clicky.

BBS Signature