New Topic Respond to this Topic
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-13 04:38:53 Reply

I'm spending too much on these meets.. gotta tone it down to more local..

IceDragon64
IceDragon64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-14 17:34:50 Reply

I notice people complaining that meets are not near them. I know I am lucky to be living in a capitol city (there had to be SOME kind of good to go with all the bad!) but I am sure people could organise local meets if they wanted to. It is always in Newgrounds interest to create a sense of community, so why not contact the Staff and ask for advice on this? Maybe the staff wouldn't be able to make it to a Meet in Shetland, but Edinburgh would be closer to the North of England than London. If a few people got behind a thread and showed interest, then maybe a meet could be arranged around, say a Mod in Sao Paolo, Saskachewan or Belfast.

We are the Dragons & Spirits. We are friendly people. Best Wishes, Ice!

BBS Signature
Bezman
Bezman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-15 05:39:08 Reply

At 6/14/10 05:34 PM, IceDragon64 wrote: I notice people complaining that meets are not near them. I know I am lucky to be living in a capitol city (there had to be SOME kind of good to go with all the bad!) but I am sure people could organise local meets if they wanted to. It is always in Newgrounds interest to create a sense of community, so why not contact the Staff and ask for advice on this? Maybe the staff wouldn't be able to make it to a Meet in Shetland, but Edinburgh would be closer to the North of England than London. If a few people got behind a thread and showed interest, then maybe a meet could be arranged around, say a Mod in Sao Paolo, Saskachewan or Belfast.

There's a meet happening in Glasgow in a few weeks. If anyone from mainland UK wants to go to a meet, they should be able to manage it.

So yeah, totally set up a meet wherever you stay. You don't need a large group of folk or 'official' permission. Provided there's a few folk in the area, you can just gather for an evening in the pub or whatever.

But if you're in northern England or Scotland and complaining that London is too far, come to Glasgow.

Or remember that coach tickets are cheap when booked in advance.

Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-16 18:10:15 Reply

So yeah, booked my train tickets earlier today. :3

therealanimator
therealanimator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-17 07:02:16 Reply

At 6/16/10 06:10 PM, Oliver wrote: So yeah, booked my train tickets earlier today. :3

awwwh yeah..

cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-17 07:07:17 Reply

So Luis, if I like come on the friday, may I crush at your flat if I'm too drunk to get the last train home?

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-17 09:15:23 Reply

At 6/17/10 07:07 AM, Gagsy wrote: So Luis, if I like come on the friday, may I crush at your flat if I'm too drunk to get the last train home?

Now there's an offer that Luis cannot refuse.

At the start of week 3, we're seeing some good progress with "Project Bezman". Viewers should be able to see preliminary results on stickam tonight ;)

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-18 20:16:28 Reply

So this must be the first meet ever where the tube lines aren't significantly closed.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_di sruptions/en7440deb565433d995d6619df1ceb d7/details.html

The northern + jubilee lines are only ends of the lines that won't affect us, and hammersmith and city is always paired up with a different line so that won't bother us either

fuckin' finally

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Programmer
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-18 20:17:14 Reply

you guys think Sirtom will be there?

JOIN FREEMASONRYIJOIN RNCIJOIN THE NRA NOWI JOIN AIPAC
Getting banned for telling it how it is since 2006!

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-18 20:22:56 Reply

At 6/18/10 08:16 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: fuckin' finally

Thats actually great news. Also I did end up getting a modest flat. I dont want a circus of users staying there but atleast there will be a hub point.

None

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-18 20:48:23 Reply

uuuuh anyone wanna split a cheap but central place with a modest swedish person? my hygien is OK. maybe we should try to hook up alot of people and rent some large place or whatever? mweeeh?

_ getting away with a cheap place to stay is the only way i can go to this meet. i only have one gig booked this summer, so i have more or less no income... :(

Wakka wakka

Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-18 21:02:30 Reply

At 6/18/10 08:48 PM, Rucklo wrote: uuuuh anyone wanna split a cheap but central place with a modest swedish person? my hygien is OK. maybe we should try to hook up alot of people and rent some large place or whatever? mweeeh?

Half price place in central London? AND a free Rucklo thrown in? Fuckin' SOLD!

...Well, provided I can actually go to this one, that is. The annoying thing about my situation right now is that I really can't promise to be there more than like a week in advance (looking for a job is really, REALLY getting lame now).

IF I can go, and IF no-one else more likely to be there takes you up on the offer, consider it a done deal.

I hate my life I hate my life I hate my life I hate my life
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-18 21:24:26 Reply

there will be a few rooms ive reserved in London Bridge, available to people for friday august 6th and saturday august 7th. I'll get into further detail on the finer points to those rooms mid next month where people will begin to settle on whether they are going or not.

None

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-18 21:27:15 Reply

At 6/18/10 09:02 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote:
At 6/18/10 08:48 PM, Rucklo wrote: uuuuh anyone wanna split a cheap but central place with a modest swedish person? my hygien is OK. maybe we should try to hook up alot of people and rent some large place or whatever? mweeeh?
Half price place in central London? AND a free Rucklo thrown in? Fuckin' SOLD!

...Well, provided I can actually go to this one, that is. The annoying thing about my situation right now is that I really can't promise to be there more than like a week in advance (looking for a job is really, REALLY getting lame now).

IF I can go, and IF no-one else more likely to be there takes you up on the offer, consider it a done deal.

I hate my life I hate my life I hate my life I hate my life

ugh, jobhunting isn't the most fun part of a human life... but you'll get one, JUST HANG IN THERE BUDDY!!! :D
never give up, never surrender. NEVAAAAAR!

Wakka wakka

CatFat
CatFat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Animator
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-20 09:06:39 Reply

mmm i'll be there this time, looking forward to playing football with the internet

PSN ID: CatFatNG
Xbox Gamertag: CatFatNG

BBS Signature
Idocreating
Idocreating
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-20 09:42:43 Reply

_ getting away with a cheap place to stay is the only way i can go to this meet. i only have one gig booked this summer, so i have more or less no income... :(

If my meetup with my WoW guild over a year back has taught me anything it is that Swede's are awesome. London ain't cheap though :(

DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-20 10:22:27 Reply

A question for anyone who's been before, how much would you say you roughly spend on the Saturday only, not including travel or accommodation? So basically drinking on the night out (I imagine London's terrible for prices) or other crap that comes up during the day.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-20 10:34:36 Reply

At 6/20/10 10:22 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: A question for anyone who's been before, how much would you say you roughly spend on the Saturday only, not including travel or accommodation? So basically drinking on the night out (I imagine London's terrible for prices) or other crap that comes up during the day.

Depends on how much you're prepared to spend really.

Generally for me at least there was casual drinking in the afternoon, so maybe £10 or £15 then, plus however much you are going to spend on arcades so anywhere from 0 to a tenner or so, then a meal so maybe £10, then we go out and I'd probably spend £20 maybe?

£30-£40 total? Yeah something like that maybe? But of course it depends on how drunk you want to get, how generous/drunk luis is feeling, where we end up going, etc.

BBS Signature
liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-20 11:02:20 Reply

At 6/20/10 10:34 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 6/20/10 10:22 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: A question for anyone who's been before, how much would you say you roughly spend on the Saturday only, not including travel or accommodation? So basically drinking on the night out (I imagine London's terrible for prices) or other crap that comes up during the day.
Depends on how much you're prepared to spend really.

Generally for me at least there was casual drinking in the afternoon, so maybe £10 or £15 then, plus however much you are going to spend on arcades so anywhere from 0 to a tenner or so, then a meal so maybe £10, then we go out and I'd probably spend £20 maybe?

£30-£40 total? Yeah something like that maybe? But of course it depends on how drunk you want to get, how generous/drunk luis is feeling, where we end up going, etc.

I'd also factor in what you'll need for the tube, which is around a fiver (if I remember correctly) for a one day pass. Set aside £60 for the day and you should be set for food, drinks and travel.

liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-20 11:03:23 Reply

P.s. I know you said not to include travel, but I wasn't clear on whether you meant travel TO London or travelling around IN London.

Idocreating
Idocreating
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-20 11:06:44 Reply

At 6/20/10 11:02 AM, liljim wrote: I'd also factor in what you'll need for the tube, which is around a fiver (if I remember correctly) for a one day pass. Set aside £60 for the day and you should be set for food, drinks and travel.

GUESS WHO DIDNT REALISE THIS LAST YEAR AND SPENT FUCKLOADS ON THE TUBE.

liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-20 11:10:14 Reply

At 6/20/10 11:08 AM, citricsquid wrote: or you could sit alone in silence like me and spend nothing!

i have the financial upperhand

And the social lowground. :-P

You had better say more than "Hi" this time around.

DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-20 11:14:54 Reply

At 6/20/10 11:08 AM, citricsquid wrote: or you could sit alone in silence like me and spend nothing!

You're eighteen now yes? Couple of drinks will loosen your tongue :D

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
Idocreating
Idocreating
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-20 11:16:01 Reply

At 6/20/10 11:10 AM, liljim wrote:

And the social lowground. :-P

You had better say more than "Hi" this time around.

Wait, citric was about last year? Damnit, i wanted to thank him in person for that "search for posts you've made" tool. I'll find you this year citric. Coming ta get ya.

Idocreating
Idocreating
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-20 11:34:12 Reply

Don't you dare skip this one doucheface, i really friggin like that thread searching thing. HULK THANK.

liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-20 13:28:36 Reply

At 6/20/10 11:28 AM, citricsquid wrote: in my defense that was the first time I had been out socially in about a year and the one time I did speak I made an ass of myself. however I'm pretty sure even if I only manage to insult everyone and murder their pets it'll be less rude and make me less of a dick than all the ignoring I did in matlock.

Blah blah, I have trouble in social groups I'm not familiar with, too, since I might be an extrovert online, but am more or less a complete recluse when offline.

Doesn't mean to say I won't try whilst I'm in those groups, though. You gotta man up and do the same thing. As much as people on NG and any other popular forums along the same lines will try and make others out to be a dick, that's really not the case at these meet ups...

Different people express their insecurities in different ways. Some don't talk (like you), some talk too much, some get fidgety, whatever.

At the end of the day, none of that sort of behaviour is going to kill anyone, so there's nothing to worry about.

I get "the panic" when it comes to flying and I'm going to have to deal with that in a couple of weeks... I know I'll be a mess at the end of the flight, but at the end of the day, I shouldn't have anything to worry about, given that the worst trouble I've ever been in is a parking ticket (which I paid).

I forget what point I was trying to make, but yeah. Don't worry about it.

AsthmaticHamster
AsthmaticHamster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Filmmaker
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-20 13:34:10 Reply

At 6/20/10 11:28 AM, citricsquid wrote: however I'm pretty sure even if I only manage to insult everyone and murder their pets it'll be less rude and make me less of a dick than all the ignoring I did in matlock.

Yeah, you hurt my feelings and made the whole meet unbearable for me, you dick...

therealanimator
therealanimator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-20 16:26:45 Reply

does anyone know if Eddsworld is coming to the meet?

cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-20 16:43:19 Reply

At 6/20/10 04:26 PM, therealanimator wrote: does anyone know if Eddsworld is coming to the meet?

according to facebook he is/was.

None

Bryony
Bryony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-06-20 17:13:48 Reply

I always forget that this goes on and a couple of years ago I was taking a scenic walk past the eye on my way to the aquarium thinking, 'Who the hell are these loons in ng shirts - is this a convention or just a general geek-meet? Fucking tourists'.

I guess on a level it is both these things.

BBS Signature