New Topic Respond to this Topic
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Dec. 31st, 2013 @ 11:29 PM Reply

I've recently joined Backloggery and it is such a great site. I currently only have my PC games added and still need to add some info but I'm glad I started using it. If you want to check my Backloggery out I will put it in my signature soon.

Steam | Letterboxd | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 1st, 2014 @ 06:42 AM Reply

At 12/31/13 11:29 PM, Atlas wrote: I've recently joined Backloggery and it is such a great site.

What's your username? I'll add you. Gave my Backloggery page a Darksiders II makeover. I did have it all Persona 3 themed but having a huge anime style image on my page was starting to bother me. It just wasn't my style.

Was playing Darksiders II yesterday and started a new game. I made it up to the point I was at the last time I played this. I've awoken the Guardian and have to find him. Glad I chose to play this again because it's making me remember why I love this series so much. Darksiders II also feels like a perfect example of how a sequel should be done. It feels like the original, but better.

It's a shame that Darksiders II is probably the last true Darksiders game we'll see now that Vigil Games no longer exist and the rights to Darksiders has been sold off to Nordic Games. I was really hoping we'd get at least two more games, one for each remaining horseman.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 1st, 2014 @ 11:29 AM Reply

At 1/1/14 06:42 AM, Dean wrote:
At 12/31/13 11:29 PM, Atlas wrote: I've recently joined Backloggery and it is such a great site.
What's your username? I'll add you. Gave my Backloggery page a Darksiders II makeover. I did have it all Persona 3 themed but having a huge anime style image on my page was starting to bother me. It just wasn't my style.

Mine is Bastille, I added you to my Multitap.

Was playing Darksiders II yesterday and started a new game. I made it up to the point I was at the last time I played this. I've awoken the Guardian and have to find him. Glad I chose to play this again because it's making me remember why I love this series so much. Darksiders II also feels like a perfect example of how a sequel should be done. It feels like the original, but better.

It's a shame that Darksiders II is probably the last true Darksiders game we'll see now that Vigil Games no longer exist and the rights to Darksiders has been sold off to Nordic Games. I was really hoping we'd get at least two more games, one for each remaining horseman.

I didn't know Nordic Games got the rights, I can't say there a really fantastic developer but they have stated there might be a new Darksiders in 2015. Also looking back now Platinum Games and Crytek USA were two of the companies trying to buy Darksiders. I feel Platinum Games might have been a good choice since MadWorld was an amazing experience to me.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 2nd, 2014 @ 12:42 PM Reply

At 12/31/13 11:29 PM, Atlas wrote: I've recently joined Backloggery and it is such a great site. I currently only have my PC games added and still need to add some info but I'm glad I started using it. If you want to check my Backloggery out I will put it in my signature soon.

*added to multitap*

Yeah, it's a very handy site.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 12 July 2014)

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 2nd, 2014 @ 04:09 PM Reply

At 1/2/14 12:42 PM, Auz wrote:
At 12/31/13 11:29 PM, Atlas wrote: I've recently joined Backloggery and it is such a great site. I currently only have my PC games added and still need to add some info but I'm glad I started using it. If you want to check my Backloggery out I will put it in my signature soon.
*added to multitap*

Yeah, it's a very handy site.

It truly is, I just can't seem to find the time to add in all my console games on there, having Steam makes adding PC games easy.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 2nd, 2014 @ 05:04 PM Reply

At 1/2/14 04:09 PM, Atlas wrote: It truly is, I just can't seem to find the time to add in all my console games on there, having Steam makes adding PC games easy.

Yea, it was a pain in the ass for me having to add the several hundred games that I had at the time. I just sat down one afternoon and did it. Now I tend to update it whenever I get a new game. Sometimes I forget though.

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 2nd, 2014 @ 05:13 PM Reply

At 1/2/14 05:04 PM, Dean wrote:
At 1/2/14 04:09 PM, Atlas wrote: It truly is, I just can't seem to find the time to add in all my console games on there, having Steam makes adding PC games easy.
Yea, it was a pain in the ass for me having to add the several hundred games that I had at the time. I just sat down one afternoon and did it. Now I tend to update it whenever I get a new game. Sometimes I forget though.

I'll probably take the time to go through my X360 today and check all the games I've ever played and add them in. I'm sure once it is over I'll be happy though.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 6th, 2014 @ 02:57 PM Reply

Looks like I'll be adding a PS3 to my collection in the next few days. I hope. I've been wanting a PS3 for a while now to play some of the exclusives and so that I have a Blu-Ray player. Amazon UK have a pretty good deal going where you get a 500GB PS3 Super Slim model with The Last of Us and Batman Arkham Origins for £200. I was considering purchasing a Blu-Ray player for £100 a few days back, so this seems like a fantastic deal and kills two birds with one stone. I made use of the Amazon Prime trial, so they claim it'll be here on Wednesday.

Not sure when I'll get around to buying more games for it, but Metal Gear Solid 4 and the Uncharted series will probably take priority. Mostly just interested in the exclusives as I use the 360 as my primary console. Although I was a little surprised at the lack of PS3 exclusives that interest me. There's quite a few, but not as many as I realised. On the plus side, that means I wont have to spend a fortune getting all the PS3 games that I want.

Also, I think that The Last of Us and Arkham Origins might come bundled in cardboard sleeves instead of the actual game boxes, which is a little disappointing as I'd prefer to have them boxed but for that price I really can't complain.

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 7th, 2014 @ 08:36 PM Reply

Been tanning Battlefield 4, ranked up 10 times thanks to double XP at the weekend. Having Premium makes me feel superior. Also got the season pass for Killzone, I love my new "kick in the nuts" spotlight move. Once I get going on that I'm pretty much unstoppable, I love charging in like a crazy bastard and wasting everyone in sight. They never know what's him them.

Not much longer until the Japan launch of PS4, I'm still hoping Ridge Racer 8 gets announced for it. I would literally explode if it actually happens. So long as it's classic Ridge and none of this Burnout ripoff bollocks. What were they thinking with that?

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 7th, 2014 @ 08:50 PM Reply

So on steam I bought a game called Grim Dawn. It's an old school dungeon crawler type, as it's compared to Diablo and the likes. It's still in it's Alpha stage but the portion they have done is actually pretty polished. I've spent a good hour just wandering around in there exploring caves and dungeons.

I'm actually really enjoying it now and I look forward to when they release more of it

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 7th, 2014 @ 11:57 PM Reply

I was playing Red Dead Redemption and Flowers For A Lady was a side mission I never did so I finally got around to finishing it and that was definitely and unexpected end to that mission.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 8th, 2014 @ 04:34 PM Reply

PS3 arrived today! Was especially pleased when I saw that The Last of Us and Arkham Origins both came in retail boxes rather than some promotional cardboard sleeve like I thought they might have been in. I haven't had much of a chance to play it yet, but spent a little while playing The Last of Us. Not really far enough in to have any real opinions of it yet but it definitely feels like a cool concept and a game that'll interest me.

I have a list of PS3 exclusives that I want to get at some point. I think it's currently at about 20 games.

BBS Signature
Ron-Geno
Ron-Geno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 8th, 2014 @ 09:18 PM Reply

Real Life and Career is taking time away from one of my very first hobbies: Video Games.

However:
- Still play on my PC. Currently playing BF4 and Elsword.
- Sometimes play random games online (NG, Miniclip, etc)
- A few games that I'll touch here and there on my Steam account (Sega classics, Killing Floor, Dark Souls)

There's not much I'm looking forward to, sadly. Most of my gaming time gets soaked up by Elsword.
A new Fallout would be nice to see, and I would get Destiny, but PC version may not happen.
Buying a 3DS for Pokemon? I almost debated it because my friend is playing it on his 3DS, but meh.

Anywho, you might see me in this sub-forum here and there.

Skynet is upon us.

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 9th, 2014 @ 08:30 AM Reply

At 1/7/14 11:57 PM, Atlas wrote: I was playing Red Dead Redemption and Flowers For A Lady was a side mission I never did so I finally got around to finishing it and that was definitely and unexpected end to that mission.

Isnt that the one where the guy's wife is a skeleton or something? Spooky stuff. I remember Red Dead being full of little surprises like that, I need to replay it.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 9th, 2014 @ 09:15 AM Reply

At 1/9/14 08:30 AM, Jackho wrote:
At 1/7/14 11:57 PM, Atlas wrote: I was playing Red Dead Redemption and Flowers For A Lady was a side mission I never did so I finally got around to finishing it and that was definitely and unexpected end to that mission.
Isnt that the one where the guy's wife is a skeleton or something? Spooky stuff. I remember Red Dead being full of little surprises like that, I need to replay it.

As do I, there's probably a lot I've forgotten about it seeing as I only played through it once shortly after it was released.

It was such a great game.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 9th, 2014 @ 02:10 PM Reply

I loved the outcome of the mission where you help the guy build his flying contraption. I just wish when you replay missions from the menu, you could choose to have all the weapons you have by the end of the game.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 9th, 2014 @ 03:58 PM Reply

At 1/9/14 08:30 AM, Jackho wrote:

Yeah and then if you revisit the guy he will invite you in to his house again and you can knock her head off. It's also one of the quests you can start as John and finish as Jack.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 14th, 2014 @ 11:49 PM Reply

So I recently finished playing Journey, the game by That Game Company, which from what the credits say our very own Dan Paladin did some work on. Despite this though I thought this to be a very boring game from beginning to end. Perhaps I'm missing the message, but then again a clue here or there would help. I guess I got some clues every time I prayed at an alter and got some cryptic vague flashback, but it didn't really help.

I heard that some people can instantly pop up and help you on your journey, which is what happened to me and to be completely honest that was the best aspect of the game. I didn't know where we were going, what we were doing, or even the point of it all was, but I was enjoying this ride with this random stranger that I had never met and who had played the game before, so that was fun. However without him I probably would have just been exploring this world.

Speaking of that, this world is absolutely beautiful, it is truly one of the most breathtaking games on the PS3. With nothing really telling me much about the world or why I should give a damn though, it loses its appeal pretty quickly. The journey with a random friend is what made this game for me.

Now it is time I take my first steps into the Mass Effect world.

So what have ya'll been playing?

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 15th, 2014 @ 11:08 AM Reply

At 1/14/14 11:49 PM, The-Great-One wrote: So what have ya'll been playing?

Max Payne 3, religiously. I played it through before some time ago but I never really paid much attention to it. It's a fantastic game.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 16th, 2014 @ 04:56 AM Reply

Finally decided to go ahead and buy DayZ Standalone. I don't regret it at this point. Lots of fun to be had and fuck is it a beautiful game. Unfortunately it has some optimization issues so that frame rate can be troublesome in cities and stuff. 12fps on Very Low and Very High, like what?

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 16th, 2014 @ 07:40 AM Reply

At 1/15/14 11:08 AM, Snuff wrote:
At 1/14/14 11:49 PM, The-Great-One wrote: So what have ya'll been playing?
Max Payne 3, religiously. I played it through before some time ago but I never really paid much attention to it. It's a fantastic game.

It is, but there was some really annoying shit like those long ass ”skippable” but actually not until 5 seconds before it's over, bullettime being useless unless you're doing the unlimited shootdodge, hardest difficulty being locked at the start (mainly bad cause of the linear get from one unskippable cutscene to the next design). I liked it for what it was, but it's just not a traditional Max Payne game, though it obviously was going to be different being made by different devs. If you haven't played the first 2, do it. They're some of the best games ever made without the problems plaguing MP3 and a much better story/atmosphere, but the gunplay isn't as good as 3 even though the core mechanics are better.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 16th, 2014 @ 08:06 AM Reply

At 1/16/14 07:40 AM, Stretchysumo wrote:
It is, but there was some really annoying shit like those long ass ”skippable” but actually not until 5 seconds before it's over, bullettime being useless unless you're doing the unlimited shootdodge, hardest difficulty being locked at the start (mainly bad cause of the linear get from one unskippable cutscene to the next design). I liked it for what it was, but it's just not a traditional Max Payne game, though it obviously was going to be different being made by different devs. If you haven't played the first 2, do it. They're some of the best games ever made without the problems plaguing MP3 and a much better story/atmosphere, but the gunplay isn't as good as 3 even though the core mechanics are better.

The cutscenes are annoying as hell, especially when you're trying to do specific things in missions and have to wait 10 minutes just to go back to the menu after you've done it. It does prevent those boring load screens but it still is a pain.

Bullettime is one of my favourite things about it. When playing on hard it's difficult to get and runs out quickly so you need to make sure you're using it wisely and saving it for when you really need it, yet you have it enough of the time to be able to have fun with it.

I've seen gameplay of the old Max Payne games and actually played them long ago on PS2 with a friend, but I don't think I'd be able to go back to them, the gameplay looks incredibly outdated. I unfortunately have a big problem with playing most older games which really sucks for me because I know I'm missing out on a lot.

Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 16th, 2014 @ 12:39 PM Reply

At 1/16/14 08:06 AM, Snuff wrote:
At 1/16/14 07:40 AM, Stretchysumo wrote:
The cutscenes are annoying as hell, especially when you're trying to do specific things in missions and have to wait 10 minutes just to go back to the menu after you've done it. It does prevent those boring load screens but it still is a pain.

I don't think you understand. The game isn't really loading for very long, they just want you to watch the cutscenes. It's bullshit.

Bullettime is one of my favourite things about it. When playing on hard it's difficult to get and runs out quickly so you need to make sure you're using it wisely and saving it for when you really need it, yet you have it enough of the time to be able to have fun with it.

Bullettime running out quickly doesn't make you use it sparingly. It just means you'll use shootdodge instead for infinite bullettime. This is the exact opposite of the old ones which rewarded aggressiveness with bullettime.

I've seen gameplay of the old Max Payne games and actually played them long ago on PS2 with a friend, but I don't think I'd be able to go back to them, the gameplay looks incredibly outdated. I unfortunately have a big problem with playing most older games which really sucks for me because I know I'm missing out on a lot.

Don't play the console versions. Play the PC versions, they're so old a toaster could run them. You could download graphics mods to make it way more bearable. They're just so much better than MP3, it'd be disgusting if you didn't play them but still liked MP3. Seriously, if you can not be a bitch about graphics and get used to playing a non-cover-based TPS without ironsights, you'll love it. MP3 is much slower paced, whereas the originals are just going and clearing shit out rambo-style.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 17th, 2014 @ 01:49 PM Reply

I'll start this off by mentioning that today is my 22nd birthday.

Anyway, I got home from work today and my younger sister handed me a few presents and birthday cards from various people. One of those presents was video game related and came from my brother. When I opened it, I was pretty shocked at what I saw. A very nice condition copy of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. It's the limited edition version that comes with an art book and music CD. For those of you who are unaware, this is a game that's highly sought after by a lot of people and sells for a ridiculously high price. I'm amazed that he got me this. I guess I owe him something pretty spectacular for his birthday now.

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 26th, 2014 @ 10:23 PM Reply

At 1/17/14 01:49 PM, Dean wrote: I guess I owe him something pretty spectacular for his birthday now.

You bet your ass you do. Regular Symphony of the Night is easy to get your hands on, but the limited edition with everything still intact. I envy you.

In terms of what I'm up to. My brother and friends all banded together and got me the Mass Effect Trilogy for the PS3. I have never played Mass Effect and I have heard all of the praise and hype that this series has gotten, so I have decided to keep a journal of my journeys on Tumblr. If anyone is interested in reading it.

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 27th, 2014 @ 12:21 AM Reply

At 1/26/14 10:23 PM, The-Great-One wrote: In terms of what I'm up to. My brother and friends all banded together and got me the Mass Effect Trilogy for the PS3. I have never played Mass Effect and I have heard all of the praise and hype that this series has gotten, so I have decided to keep a journal of my journeys on Tumblr. If anyone is interested in reading it.

I'm following you on Tumblr now. That is a great idea to document your journey in Mass Effect. I may begin doing that in any games I play now.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 27th, 2014 @ 01:03 AM Reply

At 1/27/14 12:21 AM, Atlas wrote: I'm following you on Tumblr now. That is a great idea to document your journey in Mass Effect. I may begin doing that in any games I play now.

Ah so you're davidmakalaston then.

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 27th, 2014 @ 01:15 AM Reply

At 1/27/14 01:03 AM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 1/27/14 12:21 AM, Atlas wrote: I'm following you on Tumblr now. That is a great idea to document your journey in Mass Effect. I may begin doing that in any games I play now.
Ah so you're davidmakalaston then.

Yeah. Atlas is always unavailable sadly.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 27th, 2014 @ 01:20 AM Reply

At 1/27/14 01:15 AM, Atlas wrote: Yeah. Atlas is always unavailable sadly.

Figures, but you'd be surprised at how often Dohn is taken.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 27th, 2014 @ 03:10 PM Reply

At 1/26/14 10:23 PM, The-Great-One wrote: You bet your ass you do. Regular Symphony of the Night is easy to get your hands on, but the limited edition with everything still intact. I envy you.

In PAL regions, even the regular Symphony of the Night isn't easy to get your hands on. In fact, the regular edition is less common but isn't as sought after because it lacks all the bonus stuff. It's a game that didn't get much of a print run in the UK and I gather it was pretty collectable soon after its release and it seems to be a game most collectors want, so the price is pretty insane.

Ordered the PS3 Uncharted games off of eBay as a bundle and annoyingly Drake's Fortune has a hairline crack in the centre of the disc. Thankfully the seller seems happy to give me a partial refund rather than make me return everything. Still slightly annoying because it means I can't start these games until I order a working copy of Drake's Fortune. Also have a copy of MGS4 on the way, which is a game I've been wanting to play for a while now.

I think I'm going to start easing off on the whole game collecting thing from here on out. I have many of the games that I originally set out to get plus many more. Part of me really wants to prune my collection so that there's nothing but great games in there but I know a lot of my shitter titles are probably worth next to nothing which makes me think selling them is a waste of time.

BBS Signature