New Topic Respond to this Topic
Jercurpac
Jercurpac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Melancholy
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-02-19 19:08:01 Reply

I'very been playing a lot of Hearthstone recently now that it's open beta. I had some reservations about playing a CCG in electronic form, but I think works. CCGs were pretty much the original pay-to-win genre so the microtransactions don't bother me, but now if you don't want to dish out cash matchmaking can set you up with people who have the same commitment level as you.

You can't replace the feeling of actually sitting across from someone and staring the down to read their next move in their eyes, but it's still fun.

Happy with what you have to be happy with
you have to be happy with what you have
to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-02-19 22:04:20 Reply

At 2/19/14 07:08 PM, Jercurpac wrote: I'very been playing a lot of Hearthstone recently now that it's open beta. I had some reservations about playing a CCG in electronic form, but I think works. CCGs were pretty much the original pay-to-win genre so the microtransactions don't bother me, but now if you don't want to dish out cash matchmaking can set you up with people who have the same commitment level as you.

You can't replace the feeling of actually sitting across from someone and staring the down to read their next move in their eyes, but it's still fun.

I played it during the closed beta and I enjoyed it quite a lot but you are right, there is nothing better than staring your opponent down trying to guess their next move.

Steam | Letterboxd | AllPoetry | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-03-02 17:28:25 Reply

So I cleaned out my game shelf recently. Mentioned it in a previous post, probably. I'm pretty much at the point now where I only have good games on my shelf. So hopefully if I were to pick a game at random, it'd be something I enjoy playing.

I've put together a list of what's left, if anyone is curious:

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/b98e6f2c67a9c3d04400401e91916349

I didn't get rid of all my other games, just stored them away since they're unlikely to get much use and are probably worth so little that I'd rather not sell them.

Quite a few games on my shelf are still games I've yet to play. Been trying to spend more time gaming as of recent but working 9-5 makes me feel like I don't have a great deal of time to play games.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
malachi117
malachi117
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-03-05 17:38:52 Reply

Girlfriend bought me a PS4 and surprised me when I came in from work.

Oh happy day.

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:
360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

FRAYDO
FRAYDO
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Art Lover
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-03-05 21:57:39 Reply

At 3/2/14 05:28 PM, Dean wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/b98e6f2c67a9c3d04400401e91916349

ohh myyy. you have quite the collection there, dean! why i do not even own a master system or mega drive game, and i find that cool having old gems.

work is always a time constraint, i know that feeling. but hey! that is just how it goes. whatever down time you have to yourself, schedule around. when you are not meeting up with pals or attending to other matters, just grab something off that shelf and unwind.

At 3/5/14 05:38 PM, malachi117 wrote: Girlfriend bought me a PS4 and surprised me when I came in from work.

Oh happy day.

oh! happy day, indeed! neat-o, malachi!

smash bros party

lately i have been brushing up on my smash bros from the first to brawl. well actually, i should be but i have been lazy. a couple of friends have arranged for a smash bros tourney sometime in the next week or so and i will be there. a friendly gameup of sorts, with folks from in town and outside of town driving down. i say a couple but i expect like fifteen people at the least to show for this. we are holding it in a friend's house so the whole lot of us will be crowding in one house to play smash bros. oh, baby.

on top of that we can just hang and party it up, and i am so excited for it!

love [luvh]
noun : a feeling of strong or constant affection for a person
verb : to feel great affection for (someone)

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-03-09 07:34:52 Reply

So anyone wanna play some Brawl before the Wi-fi is shut down for Wii and DS?

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-03-16 12:05:13 Reply

This thread hasn't been seeing a lot of activity lately. What are you guys up to that's gaming related?

I've been going through one of those phases where I'm struggling to stay motivated with games, although I think I'm starting to recover from that. I was playing Ni No Kuni, which is a game that I really want to love but I'm struggling. Studio Ghibli have done a fantastic job with the art direction in that game. It's just so nice to look at. What's throwing me off the game though is the party member AI.

I'm not even that far into the game (currently fighting the alchemy pot boss) but I find myself getting frustrated during boss battles because the AI just wastes all their MP shortly followed by getting themselves killed. I know you can switch tactics but the selection I have available doesn't seem to make much of a difference. It's a shame the game is like this because I reckon I'd enjoy this game considerably more if it took a more traditional turn based approach, rather than me having to depend on AI to aid me with the battles.

I did beat Arkham Origins the other day which rekindled my interest in gaming again. Wasn't sure what to expect from that game given that I've heard a lot of moaning about how buggy and broken it is, which aside from the occasional issue, I didn't really experience. I thought it was just more Arkham fun. Really enjoyed this series so far.

From there I started playing 3D Dot Game Heroes on PS3. Really fun game worth checking out if you're into old Link to the Past style action RPGs. It feels like an old game that has been brought into modern times, but it does still suffer from some of the frustrations that games from the era it's imitating had. Will hopefully get this one beaten by the end of next week, depending how much time I'm able to sink into it.

Recently I've also been debating whether or not I want to try and get back into handheld gaming. Nintendo's Gameboy Color and GBA SP were big parts of my youth, especially because of Pokemon. Even though I haven't played a Pokemon game in years, I still have fond memories of Yellow and Silver version. Back then I always imagined that Pokemon would end up on a console and have 3D graphics. I guess Pokemon X and Y is half-way there and the kid in me really wants to re-visit this series and see what it's like these days. Problem is, I don't own a 3DS but I've decided to change that.

Was having a look to see what games the 3DS has available and there's actually quite a few that interested me so I bit the bullet and ordered myself a 3DS XL, along with Pokemon Y, Ocarina of Time 3D, A Link Between Worlds and Animal Crossing. Hopefully all that should arrive tomorrow if Amazon Prime delivers next day, as advertised. I'm really hoping these games take me back to gaming as I remember it years ago. Back when I'd sink god knows how many hours into something like Pokemon Silver and then go back and replay it multiple times. I rarely find myself doing that any more. In fact, I can't even think of the last time I enjoyed a game so much that I had to go back and experience it a second time. A lot of the time I seem to find myself trudging through games just for the sake of saying I've beaten them. I think that's part of the problem that's been making me lose interest in gaming. I've just not been having fun with the games I play. I play them for the sake of beating them, not because I want to enjoy playing them. I'm hoping that little selection of 3DS games will change that, because they all seem like games I'd have played to death when I was younger. I just hope age wont make me find them less enjoyable.

Although Animal Crossing seems like a bit of a weird game for me to by buying. I'd have had no interest in that game at all if my brother and sister hadn't shown the Wii and DS games a few years back. In theory it sounds like such a shit game but when you play it, it's actually quite fun. I don't even know what it's fun. If you were to explain to someone what it is you do in Animal Crossing, it sounds pretty boring. So why is it so entertaining?

Anyway, this post is considerably longer than I thought it was going to be. Just wanted to bump the thread and try to spark some discussion. Just hope my wall of text hasn't scared people away.

BBS Signature
FRAYDO
FRAYDO
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Art Lover
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-03-18 00:27:15 Reply

At 3/16/14 12:05 PM, Dean wrote: This thread hasn't been seeing a lot of activity lately. What are you guys up to that's gaming related?

i have been slowly making my way through pokémon x. aw hell, i am never beating this game. i have been in the same pokémon center for two months now. i trade and battle with friends, but progressing through the story is something i always seem to be putting off. i got this game on the first day of release, yet every other friend of mine who got it after has already beaten it.

perhaps i too am coming to that point, struggling to play with motivation. the original pokémon captured me, i was immersed into it and nothing else. i dunno, i just lack the drive to play the game. more than this game, i lack the drive to play anything else.

I just hope age wont make me find them less enjoyable.

this is actually a big concern for me. perhaps my age is a contributing factor to not enjoying games as much as i have before. i am only of twenty years but still...

i have heard of ni no kuni. another game i have been meaning to play, and there are quite a few i really need to get around to. that, a link between worlds, the arkham series, the latest assassin's creed installments, so many i need to get around to.

Although Animal Crossing seems like a bit of a weird game for me to by buying. I'd have had no interest in that game at all if my brother and sister hadn't shown the Wii and DS games a few years back. In theory it sounds like such a shit game but when you play it, it's actually quite fun. I don't even know what it's fun. If you were to explain to someone what it is you do in Animal Crossing, it sounds pretty boring. So why is it so entertaining?

the same way as the sims is entertaining? i dunno. i absolutely love playing my new leaf, even if my town is rather shoddy in comparison to others' towns. thinking of it, how could i explain to someone why i love this game? maybe i love collecting bugs and planting flowers, maybe i enjoy forming bonds with my neighbors and observing holidays with them as they roll around, or maybe i just have no life lol.

i dunno, really! i just love playing the game.

Anyway, this post is considerably longer than I thought it was going to be. Just wanted to bump the thread and try to spark some discussion.

all good and well! this thread needed it.

love [luvh]
noun : a feeling of strong or constant affection for a person
verb : to feel great affection for (someone)

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-03-21 04:12:47 Reply

So I bought Infestation: Survivor Stories (aka The WarZ) because it was $1.49 on Steam and fuck it I need to try this apparent shittiest game ever made... and I am having fun. Like it's not bad really. The fact that it's labelled as a finished game and all the backlash from the release are its only major problems. I'm so used to playing Early Access stuff that some things in this don't even phase me. Playing with my friends is an enjoyable experience in this game and some of the bullshit from DayZ Standalone's alpha isn't here, so in this you kind of just skip that and get right down to the player interaction aspect that I love about DayZ. It saves a lot of time. Also this game is wildly different from what it was when it was release. My friend bought it back then and some of the changes surprise him. Much more playable now. I've got 9 hours in this now and I plan to go back tomorrow.

Something they've got right is the level design. Some of the cities are just... awesome. The atmosphere is great even if the textures are absolute balls. The lighting is nice too. Look at dis shit:

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-03-22 20:35:20 Reply

So does anybody else get sweaty hands while holding a controller? I don't get really sweaty, but my hands do definitely feel moist after playing for a while, any tips on how to fix this, permanently or temporarily?

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-03-23 06:31:49 Reply

At 3/22/14 08:35 PM, darkjam wrote: So does anybody else get sweaty hands while holding a controller? I don't get really sweaty, but my hands do definitely feel moist after playing for a while, any tips on how to fix this, permanently or temporarily?

I think some people just have naturally sweaty palms. It happens to me sometimes, usually when I'm playing guitar, which isn't great for the strings. Usually I find that washing my hands with soap works as a temporary fix. Can't say it's something I recall experiencing with gaming though.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-03-23 07:29:48 Reply

At 3/23/14 06:31 AM, Dean wrote: I think some people just have naturally sweaty palms. It happens to me sometimes, usually when I'm playing guitar, which isn't great for the strings. Usually I find that washing my hands with soap works as a temporary fix. Can't say it's something I recall experiencing with gaming though.

The thing is, I don't have sweaty palms naturally, so I don't know what's going on. Either way, I'll try out that tip of yours and let you know how it goes.

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-03-23 17:29:36 Reply

"Let's remake the sniper wolf fight from MGS but make it way cooler and take influence from the End from MGS3, but then let's completely fuck it up for everyone by throwing in some infinitely spawning haven troopers that spot Snake from half way across the map because fuck me I'm just so god damn retarded."

-whoever designed the Crying Wolf battle in MGS4.

"I don't like facts. They get in the way of my opinions" -Kanye West
last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-03-23 20:16:53 Reply

At 3/22/14 08:35 PM, darkjam wrote: So does anybody else get sweaty hands while holding a controller? I don't get really sweaty, but my hands do definitely feel moist after playing for a while, any tips on how to fix this, permanently or temporarily?

I get this sometimes too. I think there are controllers out there somewhere with fans in them for this reason.

Steam | Letterboxd | AllPoetry | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-15 17:57:51 Reply

So I take back what I said about how trophies are completely useless,I still don't like them all that, but I'll admit they're fun for killing 5 minutes or so, but why the hell does DLC count towards 100% completion on PS3?! It's ridiculous that they expect us to fork out some cash that we worked hard for, I imagine, just to see that "100%" that most people will never even notice,and if they do, how do we know if they care?

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-16 10:30:37 Reply

At 4/15/14 05:57 PM, darkjam wrote: So I take back what I said about how trophies are completely useless,I still don't like them all that, but I'll admit they're fun for killing 5 minutes or so, but why the hell does DLC count towards 100% completion on PS3?!

You can still get the platinum trophy without DLC, that matters more than the % I guess.

"I don't like facts. They get in the way of my opinions" -Kanye West
last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-16 15:21:42 Reply

At 4/16/14 10:30 AM, Jackho wrote: You can still get the platinum trophy without DLC, that matters more than the % I guess.

I know that, it just seems ridiculous and must piss off all those trophy hunters out there.

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-17 10:49:28 Reply

I have been replaying all of the Zelda series. I really enjoy beating a game and then redoing it five or more years later.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-19 12:31:40 Reply

Just beat the Director's Cut of Deadly Premonition. The Director's Cut really doesn't add much to the game at all. The biggest addition being the new control scheme, which I prefer. As for the additional cut scenes, they really don't add much, if anything, to the game. I guess they work as a nice little addition for existing fans but they're pretty pointless otherwise.

I'm glad I played through this game again though because Deadly Premonition really is great. Although admittedly I didn't enjoy it quite as much the second time. A big part of why I loved Deadly Premonition so much was the mystery of it all. Knowing what happens takes away from the experience, although it was still great to experience again.

I'm hoping to get the platinum trophy for this game, but I think it'll be a case of just occasionally going back to this and finishing up a few more of the side quests each time, because I'd rather move on and start playing something else now. Probably going to give Resident Evil 2 a go.

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-19 13:10:39 Reply

The Legend of Zelda, The Adventure of Link, and A Link to the past are all done. I will continue with the rest of the series.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-21 15:21:15 Reply

The one console that I've always felt was missing from my collection was the SNES. I've wanted one for a while but the price of SNES consoles/games in the UK always put me off. Today I thought I'd bid on a SNES that came bundled with Super Metroid, Link to the Past and Super Mario World. I won the auction and my winning bid was just £3 less than my maximum bid, which was kinda my absolute limit so I can't really say I got a bargain or anything.

I was feeling pretty unsure as to whether or not I even wanted to bid on the SNES because there aren't really all that many games I want for the system, keeping in mind that the PAL region didn't get a lot of the classic SNES games. Super Metroid and Link to the Past were the main two games I wanted on the system. I'm still wondering if I'll think this purchase was a good idea but I've always wanted to own a SNES and now it finally looks like I'm going to have one. Just hope it's worth it.

Trying to put together a list of PAL SNES games that I can acquire over time. I didn't realise that we got Secret of Mana in the UK, so that'll be on my list if I can get a a copy at a reasonable price. Probably not going to bother getting boxed games though. The games that came with the console were just loose card and boxed SNES games get ridiculously expensive.

Anyone got recommendations of good SNES games that came out in the PAL region?

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-21 17:05:55 Reply

At 4/21/14 03:21 PM, Dean wrote: Anyone got recommendations of good SNES games that came out in the PAL region?

Unfortunately that excludes Earthbound, but then again, I believe copies of that game go for like $100+ which is not really worth the money if you ask me. Even though it is a fantastic game.

Anyway, I really loved Super Metroid. It's nice that you picked that one up along with the console. Super Mario World and A Link To The Past are both excellent games as well in my opinion.

For the rest, I can only recommend:
-Chrono Trigger
-Super Mario All Stars (includes SNES remakes of Mario Bros.1, 2 & 3 and The Lost Levels)

I haven't played all that many SNES games myself yet.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 28 December 2014)

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-21 17:25:22 Reply

At 4/21/14 05:05 PM, Auz wrote: -Chrono Trigger

Unfortunately, this is one of the classics that never made it to PAL regions. I do have a copy of Chrono Trigger on the DS, which I've seen several people claim is the definitive version, but it would have been nice to have a console copy that I can play on the TV. Still haven't actually gotten around to playing it yet either.

I can't imagine I'll end up getting many SNES games to be honest, which makes me wonder why I've been wanting the system for so long. Maybe at some point I might look into replacing it with a NTSC one, but like you said, games like Earthbound are too expensive anyway. Super Metroid and Link to the Past are two games that I've been wanting to add to the collection for a long time, so it'll be nice to finally have them.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-22 20:35:30 Reply

At 4/21/14 03:21 PM, Dean wrote: Anyone got recommendations of good SNES games that came out in the PAL region?

I dunno what has or hasn't gotten a PAL release, but these are some of my favorite SNES games.

Kirby Super Star
Super Ninja Boy
Total Carnage
Contra 3
TMNT: Turtles in Time
Killer Instinct
Super Mario World
Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-22 21:59:14 Reply

Sense had some great stuff in his list, here's some I love that he didn't include.

ActRaiser
F-Zero
Mega Man X
Another World
Super Aleste
Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Bomberman 2
Zombies Ate My Neighbours (PAL version is just called "Zombies")

And then of course your typical Super Metroid, Yoshi's Island, Mario Kart, etc.

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-22 22:11:06 Reply

So I just got a copy of Three Dirty Dwarves for PC, a game that I remember playing on my friends' Sega Saturn ages ago. I tried running the game (a Windows 95 game on XP) and it only plays the intro until it brings me to a start screen that doesn't work. So either I can get it to work, or I spent 10$ on a copy the game's soundtrack (which can apparently play in CD players).

So, anyone looking forward to Shovel Knight? It was supposed to come out in March, but it was delayed and still hasn't been rescheduled. It's just looks like a simple, but challenging retro platformer.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-23 02:21:22 Reply

At 4/22/14 08:35 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I dunno what has or hasn't gotten a PAL release, but these are some of my favorite SNES games.
At 4/22/14 09:59 PM, Oolaph wrote: Sense had some great stuff in his list, here's some I love that he didn't include.

Thanks for that guys. I'll have a look and see which of those got PAL releases. First thing that stood out was Contra 3, so I had a look for it on ebay and was seeing no PAL copies. Turns out we did get it, but it's not called Contra 3. It's called "Super Probotector: Alien Rebels".

Zombies Ate My Neighbours being the other game that stood out, because I love that game. I already have it on Mega Drive but the controls (particularly when switching weapons) are a but clunky on that version, so might look into getting it on SNES eventually too.

Unfortunately the SNES still hasn't been marked as dispatched, so I might not get it by the weekend. Was really hoping I would :(

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-26 08:14:20 Reply

Just beat Resident Evil 3. It was pretty fun to play through the first 3 games and I still intend to play through more of the series, but aside from hopefully blasting through Survivor this afternoon, I'll be taking a break from the series for a little while, just so I don't wear myself out.

I think next on the agenda will either be Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door or Metroid Prime. Although seeing as I have a copy of Super Metroid on the way, I'll probably go with Paper Mario, as I usually prefer to play series in order of release when I can.

Paper Mario is one of those games I quite regularly hear people mention as being great, but I know nothing about the series aside from it being a Mario RPG. It's not often I'll get a game without looking into it first, so hopefully it lives up to its reputation. It's one of the GameCube games I've been meaning to get for quite a while.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-26 13:40:45 Reply

So it's King's Day in the Netherlands and that means there are flea markets all over town. Lots of kids selling off their old video games and consoles dirt cheap.

I went in with about €50 and came out with:

-A Playstation 2
-Tomb Raider Anniversary (PS2)
-GTA: San Andreas (PS2)
-Killzone (PS2)
-Resident Evil: Outbreak (PS2)
-Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2)
-Metal Gear Solid 1 (PS1)
-Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (GameCube)
-Paper Mario (N64)
-Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (N64)
-Super Smash Brothers (N64)
-Super Mario Advance 2 (GBA)

Especially Paper Mario was a sweet deal. The guy sold it for €2 while it usually goes for about €50 in online webshops. But I got all the other games for less than €2.50 as well, some even for €0,20.

Also happy to get a PS2. The primary reason I bought is actually because I really wanted to play ICO and Shadow of the Colossus someday. But there are a few other games I'm also interested in, like Okami, Final Fantasy X, the Metal Gear games and Persona 3.

If you guys have any other suggestions for great PS1/PS2 games I'd be happy to hear them.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 28 December 2014)

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-26 14:46:53 Reply

At 4/26/14 01:40 PM, Auz wrote: If you guys have any other suggestions for great PS1/PS2 games I'd be happy to hear them.

The timesplitters trilogy is fun, even if the aiming is dated. The Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter trilogy are great platformers, as is Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc and Sonic Heroes. The original Rayman for ps1, Crash and Spyro are also great for PS1, and even if it's a movie based game, the lord of the rings: return of the king is awesome to play with a friend.

BBS Signature