Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 34
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-16 10:30:37 Reply

At 4/15/14 05:57 PM, darkjam wrote: So I take back what I said about how trophies are completely useless,I still don't like them all that, but I'll admit they're fun for killing 5 minutes or so, but why the hell does DLC count towards 100% completion on PS3?!

You can still get the platinum trophy without DLC, that matters more than the % I guess.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-16 15:21:42 Reply

At 4/16/14 10:30 AM, Jackho wrote: You can still get the platinum trophy without DLC, that matters more than the % I guess.

I know that, it just seems ridiculous and must piss off all those trophy hunters out there.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-17 10:49:28 Reply

I have been replaying all of the Zelda series. I really enjoy beating a game and then redoing it five or more years later.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-19 12:31:40 Reply

Just beat the Director's Cut of Deadly Premonition. The Director's Cut really doesn't add much to the game at all. The biggest addition being the new control scheme, which I prefer. As for the additional cut scenes, they really don't add much, if anything, to the game. I guess they work as a nice little addition for existing fans but they're pretty pointless otherwise.

I'm glad I played through this game again though because Deadly Premonition really is great. Although admittedly I didn't enjoy it quite as much the second time. A big part of why I loved Deadly Premonition so much was the mystery of it all. Knowing what happens takes away from the experience, although it was still great to experience again.

I'm hoping to get the platinum trophy for this game, but I think it'll be a case of just occasionally going back to this and finishing up a few more of the side quests each time, because I'd rather move on and start playing something else now. Probably going to give Resident Evil 2 a go.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-19 13:10:39 Reply

The Legend of Zelda, The Adventure of Link, and A Link to the past are all done. I will continue with the rest of the series.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-21 15:21:15 Reply

The one console that I've always felt was missing from my collection was the SNES. I've wanted one for a while but the price of SNES consoles/games in the UK always put me off. Today I thought I'd bid on a SNES that came bundled with Super Metroid, Link to the Past and Super Mario World. I won the auction and my winning bid was just £3 less than my maximum bid, which was kinda my absolute limit so I can't really say I got a bargain or anything.

I was feeling pretty unsure as to whether or not I even wanted to bid on the SNES because there aren't really all that many games I want for the system, keeping in mind that the PAL region didn't get a lot of the classic SNES games. Super Metroid and Link to the Past were the main two games I wanted on the system. I'm still wondering if I'll think this purchase was a good idea but I've always wanted to own a SNES and now it finally looks like I'm going to have one. Just hope it's worth it.

Trying to put together a list of PAL SNES games that I can acquire over time. I didn't realise that we got Secret of Mana in the UK, so that'll be on my list if I can get a a copy at a reasonable price. Probably not going to bother getting boxed games though. The games that came with the console were just loose card and boxed SNES games get ridiculously expensive.

Anyone got recommendations of good SNES games that came out in the PAL region?

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-21 17:05:55 Reply

At 4/21/14 03:21 PM, Dean wrote: Anyone got recommendations of good SNES games that came out in the PAL region?

Unfortunately that excludes Earthbound, but then again, I believe copies of that game go for like $100+ which is not really worth the money if you ask me. Even though it is a fantastic game.

Anyway, I really loved Super Metroid. It's nice that you picked that one up along with the console. Super Mario World and A Link To The Past are both excellent games as well in my opinion.

For the rest, I can only recommend:
-Chrono Trigger
-Super Mario All Stars (includes SNES remakes of Mario Bros.1, 2 & 3 and The Lost Levels)

I haven't played all that many SNES games myself yet.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 3 June 2017)

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-21 17:25:22 Reply

At 4/21/14 05:05 PM, Auz wrote: -Chrono Trigger

Unfortunately, this is one of the classics that never made it to PAL regions. I do have a copy of Chrono Trigger on the DS, which I've seen several people claim is the definitive version, but it would have been nice to have a console copy that I can play on the TV. Still haven't actually gotten around to playing it yet either.

I can't imagine I'll end up getting many SNES games to be honest, which makes me wonder why I've been wanting the system for so long. Maybe at some point I might look into replacing it with a NTSC one, but like you said, games like Earthbound are too expensive anyway. Super Metroid and Link to the Past are two games that I've been wanting to add to the collection for a long time, so it'll be nice to finally have them.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 39
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-22 20:35:30 Reply

At 4/21/14 03:21 PM, Dean wrote: Anyone got recommendations of good SNES games that came out in the PAL region?

I dunno what has or hasn't gotten a PAL release, but these are some of my favorite SNES games.

Kirby Super Star
Super Ninja Boy
Total Carnage
Contra 3
TMNT: Turtles in Time
Killer Instinct
Super Mario World
Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2

sig by JaY11
Letterboxd
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-22 21:59:14 Reply

Sense had some great stuff in his list, here's some I love that he didn't include.

ActRaiser
F-Zero
Mega Man X
Another World
Super Aleste
Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Bomberman 2
Zombies Ate My Neighbours (PAL version is just called "Zombies")

And then of course your typical Super Metroid, Yoshi's Island, Mario Kart, etc.

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-22 22:11:06 Reply

So I just got a copy of Three Dirty Dwarves for PC, a game that I remember playing on my friends' Sega Saturn ages ago. I tried running the game (a Windows 95 game on XP) and it only plays the intro until it brings me to a start screen that doesn't work. So either I can get it to work, or I spent 10$ on a copy the game's soundtrack (which can apparently play in CD players).

So, anyone looking forward to Shovel Knight? It was supposed to come out in March, but it was delayed and still hasn't been rescheduled. It's just looks like a simple, but challenging retro platformer.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-23 02:21:22 Reply

At 4/22/14 08:35 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I dunno what has or hasn't gotten a PAL release, but these are some of my favorite SNES games.
At 4/22/14 09:59 PM, Oolaph wrote: Sense had some great stuff in his list, here's some I love that he didn't include.

Thanks for that guys. I'll have a look and see which of those got PAL releases. First thing that stood out was Contra 3, so I had a look for it on ebay and was seeing no PAL copies. Turns out we did get it, but it's not called Contra 3. It's called "Super Probotector: Alien Rebels".

Zombies Ate My Neighbours being the other game that stood out, because I love that game. I already have it on Mega Drive but the controls (particularly when switching weapons) are a but clunky on that version, so might look into getting it on SNES eventually too.

Unfortunately the SNES still hasn't been marked as dispatched, so I might not get it by the weekend. Was really hoping I would :(

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-26 08:14:20 Reply

Just beat Resident Evil 3. It was pretty fun to play through the first 3 games and I still intend to play through more of the series, but aside from hopefully blasting through Survivor this afternoon, I'll be taking a break from the series for a little while, just so I don't wear myself out.

I think next on the agenda will either be Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door or Metroid Prime. Although seeing as I have a copy of Super Metroid on the way, I'll probably go with Paper Mario, as I usually prefer to play series in order of release when I can.

Paper Mario is one of those games I quite regularly hear people mention as being great, but I know nothing about the series aside from it being a Mario RPG. It's not often I'll get a game without looking into it first, so hopefully it lives up to its reputation. It's one of the GameCube games I've been meaning to get for quite a while.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-26 13:40:45 Reply

So it's King's Day in the Netherlands and that means there are flea markets all over town. Lots of kids selling off their old video games and consoles dirt cheap.

I went in with about €50 and came out with:

-A Playstation 2
-Tomb Raider Anniversary (PS2)
-GTA: San Andreas (PS2)
-Killzone (PS2)
-Resident Evil: Outbreak (PS2)
-Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2)
-Metal Gear Solid 1 (PS1)
-Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (GameCube)
-Paper Mario (N64)
-Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (N64)
-Super Smash Brothers (N64)
-Super Mario Advance 2 (GBA)

Especially Paper Mario was a sweet deal. The guy sold it for €2 while it usually goes for about €50 in online webshops. But I got all the other games for less than €2.50 as well, some even for €0,20.

Also happy to get a PS2. The primary reason I bought is actually because I really wanted to play ICO and Shadow of the Colossus someday. But there are a few other games I'm also interested in, like Okami, Final Fantasy X, the Metal Gear games and Persona 3.

If you guys have any other suggestions for great PS1/PS2 games I'd be happy to hear them.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-26 14:46:53 Reply

At 4/26/14 01:40 PM, Auz wrote: If you guys have any other suggestions for great PS1/PS2 games I'd be happy to hear them.

The timesplitters trilogy is fun, even if the aiming is dated. The Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter trilogy are great platformers, as is Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc and Sonic Heroes. The original Rayman for ps1, Crash and Spyro are also great for PS1, and even if it's a movie based game, the lord of the rings: return of the king is awesome to play with a friend.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-26 15:24:32 Reply

At 4/26/14 01:40 PM, Auz wrote: Especially Paper Mario was a sweet deal. The guy sold it for €2 while it usually goes for about €50 in online webshops.

If it's anything like Paper Mario on GameCube, it'll be well worth playing too. I've only been playing Paper Mario for a couple hours or so, but already I'm loving this game. It's nice to play a sort of laid back, Mario themed JRPG. Can see why people speak highly of this game.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-26 23:05:20 Reply

Well fuck. My Uncharted's game manual has gone missing (disc in PS3) so I guess I should go shoot myself, huh? DOes anybody know where I could buy a manual, or be so kind as to give me a spare? (sorry for bad picture quality)

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-27 06:50:14 Reply

I ordered ICO. Some guy sold it for €19 which seemed like a good deal since it goes for about €25-€35 on average apparently.
I didn't know the PS2 versions of Shadow of the Colossus and ICO could be so pricey, but I'm sure they're worth the money regardless.

I wanted to start with Metal Gear Solid 1 yesterday, but I didn't know you needed a PS1 memory card to save PS1 games. I have no absolutely no idea what the reason for that could be, but fortunately you can buy such memory cards from pretty much anywhere. It looks like original PS1 memory cards can be fairly expensive though. Oh well.

At 4/26/14 02:46 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 4/26/14 01:40 PM, Auz wrote: If you guys have any other suggestions for great PS1/PS2 games I'd be happy to hear them.
The timesplitters trilogy is fun, even if the aiming is dated. The Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter trilogy are great platformers, as is Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc and Sonic Heroes. The original Rayman for ps1, Crash and Spyro are also great for PS1, and even if it's a movie based game, the lord of the rings: return of the king is awesome to play with a friend.

I'll definitely pick up Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter someday. I'll keep an eye out for the other ones as well. I remember my cousin used to have Spyro for the PS1 and I enjoyed that game.

I'm also going to look for:
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Chrono Cross
Xenogears
Resident Evil 1&2

At 4/26/14 03:24 PM, Dean wrote:
At 4/26/14 01:40 PM, Auz wrote: Especially Paper Mario was a sweet deal. The guy sold it for €2 while it usually goes for about €50 in online webshops.
If it's anything like Paper Mario on GameCube, it'll be well worth playing too. I've only been playing Paper Mario for a couple hours or so, but already I'm loving this game. It's nice to play a sort of laid back, Mario themed JRPG. Can see why people speak highly of this game.

I have already beaten Paper Mario once a long time ago. I remember very little of it other than that I thought it was a very fun game.

I'd also love to play The Thousand Year Door someday, but I've never seen anybody sell it for less than €50.

At 4/26/14 11:05 PM, darkjam wrote: Well fuck. My Uncharted's game manual has gone missing (disc in PS3) so I guess I should go shoot myself, huh? DOes anybody know where I could buy a manual, or be so kind as to give me a spare? (sorry for bad picture quality)

Sometimes I see people selling game manuals separately on eBay.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-27 10:30:47 Reply

At 4/27/14 06:50 AM, Auz wrote: I'd also love to play The Thousand Year Door someday, but I've never seen anybody sell it for less than €50.

It cost me £29 but it also came with an official 251 block GameCube memory card, so I think I got it for a reasonable price. Been needing a new GameCube memory card for a while now because the standard 59 block cards seem to fill up pretty fast.

Probably sank about 10 hours into it this weekend and I gather it's about a 30 hour game. I don't really play much video games through the week so I'm not sure how long it'll be before I beat it, but it's nice to be playing on the GameCube again. It's not a system I have too many games for but the ones I do have all seem so good.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-27 13:48:22 Reply

Decided to have a clean out on Backloggery, so to speak. I created a second account which only contains the games that I currently have sat on the shelf behind me. That shelf used to contain the majority of my game collection but I decided there was too much stuff on there from my youth that I was never going to play again, so I had a tidy up. I took a lot of stuff off the shelf and stored it away. Now I'm left with my favourite games and games I still want to play through. The idea being that I could pick a game off the shelf at random and it will always be something I consider as a god game or something I want to play.

The other reason for starting a second account was because the stats on my main account are depressing. Trying to clean that backlog is an impossible task. I'm sure clearing my new backlog will be challenging but this account only has about a fifth of my games listed, so it'll definitely be easier to make progress.

If any of you guys use Backloggery and want to add my new account, go ahead: http://www.backloggery.com/theshelf

Time for me to start trying to clear my backlog!

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 39
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-27 16:11:09 Reply

You said you're interested in Okami? I reeeeaally recommend that one. It's great.

PS1:

Tomba!
Strider 2
Bushido Blade 2
Wild 9
Heart of Darkness
Einhander
Alundra
Tenchu 2

PS2:

Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
the Mark of Kri
Rise of the Kasai
Psychonauts
Escape from Monkey Island
Timesitters: Future Perfect

At 4/27/14 06:50 AM, Auz wrote:

As very cool as that game is, I gave up on it several times. I never got that far.

sig by JaY11
Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-27 16:32:50 Reply

At 4/27/14 04:11 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 4/27/14 06:50 AM, Auz wrote: I'm also going to look for:
As very cool as that game is, I gave up on it several times. I never got that far.

Symphony of the Night is pretty easy up until you get to the inverted castle, then the bosses started to get tricky for me. Been meaning to go back and finish this game off because it became a favourite of mine but I never did beat it.

As for getting a copy of Symphony of the Night, I'd be surprised if that's something you can pull off without having to spend a fair bit of money. I was debating paying eBay prices for it until my brother surprised me with a really nice condition copy of the limited edition. It's easily the most valuable game I own. I had a copy of it on my eBay watchlist the other day, just to see how much a copy similar to mine was selling for. Winning bid was £113.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 39
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-27 20:09:58 Reply

Is Symphony of the Night not on PSN and XBLA anymore? I have it on my 360.

sig by JaY11
Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-28 02:00:17 Reply

At 4/27/14 08:09 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Is Symphony of the Night not on PSN and XBLA anymore? I have it on my 360.

It is, but I assume Auz was referring to a physical copy.

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-28 07:54:25 Reply

At 4/27/14 04:11 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Bushido Blade 2

Really? You prefer Bushido Blade 2 over the original? I always found it to be a huge step down from the first.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-28 09:30:42 Reply

At 4/27/14 10:30 AM, Dean wrote:
At 4/27/14 06:50 AM, Auz wrote: I'd also love to play The Thousand Year Door someday, but I've never seen anybody sell it for less than €50.
It cost me £29 but it also came with an official 251 block GameCube memory card, so I think I got it for a reasonable price. Been needing a new GameCube memory card for a while now because the standard 59 block cards seem to fill up pretty fast.

It's a bit odd with GameCube games that some games take up such a huge amount of space on the memory card while others take up almost nothing at all. I got The Sims: Bustin Out which needs 161 blocks and Fifa 2005 which takes up about 70, but all my other games only take up about 3-10.

Anyway, that's definitely a good deal with the memory card included and all. A 251 blocks memory card is probably all that you're ever going to need. Unless you insist on preserving ALL your save files for ALL your games.

Probably sank about 10 hours into it this weekend and I gather it's about a 30 hour game. I don't really play much video games through the week so I'm not sure how long it'll be before I beat it, but it's nice to be playing on the GameCube again. It's not a system I have too many games for but the ones I do have all seem so good.

Yeah, it has a decent number of pretty good games but only a small handful of first party ones that really stand out I think.

At 4/27/14 04:11 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
You said you're interested in Okami? I reeeeaally recommend that one. It's great.

Yeah, it's at the very top of my wishlist along with Shadow of the Colossus and Persona 4. I hope I can pick it up for a reasonable price.

PS1:

Tomba!
Strider 2
Bushido Blade 2
Wild 9
Heart of Darkness
Einhander
Alundra
Tenchu 2

To be honest, I don't know any of those games although some of them sound familiar.

PS2:

Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
the Mark of Kri
Rise of the Kasai
Psychonauts
Escape from Monkey Island
Timesitters: Future Perfect

I wanted to get Psychonauts on Steam at the next sale. I figure that'll be cheaper than a PS2 copy.

I'm not too familiar with the other ones, but I'll keep an eye out for them.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

At 4/27/14 06:50 AM, Auz wrote:

I just want to try out Castlevania sometime and I saw this one got very good ratings.

At 4/28/14 02:00 AM, Dean wrote:
At 4/27/14 08:09 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Is Symphony of the Night not on PSN and XBLA anymore? I have it on my 360.
It is, but I assume Auz was referring to a physical copy.

Well I don't necessarily want a physical copy of it. I just want to play it sometime.

I can't access the PSN store from a PS2, can I?

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 34
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-28 09:54:04 Reply

Meant to post this here.

I think Bioshock Infinite would be my GOTY for 2013. I had a lot of fun with it. Although I have yet to give Tomb Raider and Papers, Please a proper go. Last of Us was alright. Metal Gear Rising and GTAV weren't too bad either. Pretty good year for gaming.

And yes I'm talking about the 2013 GOTY in April because discussing it before the year is even over is fucking silly m8.

At 4/28/14 09:30 AM, Auz wrote: I can't access the PSN store from a PS2, can I?

Nope, you need a PSP, Vita, PS3 or PS4. Or Xbox 360, in SoTN's case.

Both the GBA and DS Castelvania trilogies are all metroidvanias though. That's Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow on the GBA, and Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia on the DS. They all have 84% or above on metacritic, with the highest being Dawn of Sorrow at 90%.

The only one I've played is Circle of the Moon which was really fucking hard, made me rage quit about half way. Other than that one they all seem pretty great.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-28 12:43:16 Reply

At 4/27/14 06:50 AM, Auz wrote: Sometimes I see people selling game manuals separately on eBay.

Any sellers in particular that you can link me to?

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-28 14:15:34 Reply

At 4/28/14 09:54 AM, Jackho wrote:
At 4/28/14 09:30 AM, Auz wrote: I can't access the PSN store from a PS2, can I?
Nope, you need a PSP, Vita, PS3 or PS4. Or Xbox 360, in SoTN's case.

:(

Both the GBA and DS Castelvania trilogies are all metroidvanias though. That's Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow on the GBA, and Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia on the DS. They all have 84% or above on metacritic, with the highest being Dawn of Sorrow at 90%.

The only one I've played is Circle of the Moon which was really fucking hard, made me rage quit about half way. Other than that one they all seem pretty great.

Really? I didn't even know the GBA and DS had Castlevania games too.

At 4/28/14 12:43 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 4/27/14 06:50 AM, Auz wrote: Sometimes I see people selling game manuals separately on eBay.
Any sellers in particular that you can link me to?

Nope, sorry. I don't buy things off eBay all that often.

Anyway, I see people are selling the manuals for a few dollars.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-04-28 14:31:38 Reply

@Auz, do you have a PSP? You can technically get a physical copy of SotN on PSP. Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles comes with SotN as a bonus unlockable. You only have to play the main game for a couple minutes to unlock it.

Still probably cheaper to get a digital copy. I'm not sure what Dracula X Chronicles is selling for these days. Not a bad PSP title though.

Anyway, I know I posted about this in the "Show us your video games" thread, but wanted to mention in here too. The Super Nintendo I ordered last week finally arrived. I've been wanting one of these for years now. Ever since I actively started trying to get video games consoles that I never grew up with, the SNES has been at the top of my to get list. Admittedly it was kinda pricey but considering it came with Link to the Past, Super Metroid and Super Mario World, I think I paid a reasonable price for it.

It's just so cool to finally have one. Was playing a little bit of Super Metroid just to give the console a quick shot and was a little disappointed to discover that the PAL version of Super Metroid (despite being in English) requires you to have either German or French subtitles enabled. They'll probably only appear during that opening cut scene but still, feels weird having to have a foreign language on screen. Thankfully item pick-ups don't have subtitles. Just found that a little weird.

Going to make myself finish Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door before I start properly playing any of the SNES games. I think I'll likely go with Super Metroid first because I really want to play the Prime games on GameCube as well. Then I'll need to play Link to the Past because I've never really played it for more than 15 minutes. Super Mario World I'm not too bothered about, but I'll give it a shot. Never really been a big fan of the Sonic/Mario era platformers. I usually suck at Mario as well.

Really pleased to finally have a SNES in my collection though. It feels like the system that was most obviously missing and is probably the last retro system I'll be adding to my collection unless I come across other's at decent prices, but there really aren't any other consoles left that I have much interest in. Might be cool to get a NES at some point but the 8-bit era games are a bit before my time. The repetition and difficulty is usually a bit too much for me. Would add a DreamCast to my collection if I could get one of them, along with a copy of Shenmue, for a good price.

BBS Signature