00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

goose6989 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

785,337 Views | 8,818 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-08 18:24:35

Alright I got 49 points this week,
Breakdown of how this was calculated:
8 review x 5 points= 40
6 reviews with Review Request at the bottom x 1 point = 6
Posted once this week = 3 points

03+
------
= 49

Thanks,
- Celx

Watch Shark Black HERE Watch CoolJaw HERE

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-09 08:58:20

At 11/8/09 06:01 PM, Fro wrote:
At 11/6/09 09:50 AM, Coop83 wrote: A totally misguided point of view on the whole thing. Check your PM inbox, Josh, I'll speak to you about it.
What exactly was misguiding about what I said? Looks like what I said was actually factual and not really a point of view or an opinion in anyway. Especially the part that you quoted where I said voice acting and singing was perfectly fine on the audio portal as he said it was only for instruments.

Not yours, his. Basically, I was putting a stop to the kangaroo court that had appeared here. Since I can, I deleted the review and gave Josh a fair crack at writing a decent review for the piece, though the sarcastic U-Turn has been noted.

I'm considering a similar sort of piece for when I get my new microphone at Xmas. It's going to take me a while to get it just right and it will be the biggest piece of voice acting that I've undertaken so far. Since I share that opinion with you, it wouldn't be too good if I didn't defend it :P

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-09 09:09:15

[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-09 09:57:20

At 11/9/09 08:58 AM, Coop83 wrote:
Not yours, his.
I'm considering a similar sort of piece for when I get my new microphone at Xmas. It's going to take me a while to get it just right and it will be the biggest piece of voice acting that I've undertaken so far. Since I share that opinion with you, it wouldn't be too good if I didn't defend it :P

Haha, when I took a second look at it I can see where it could almost be directed towards either of us, but for some reason I thought that you were saying that I was misguiding him.

Your saying it's going to be one of your bigger submissions? How exactly do you plan on tackling it? Saying a few lines at a time and then putting them together or saying the whole thing at once so you get the fluency?

In other news, Snow Wars (the movie, not the intro that you guys saw) is still being animated. Not only lasers, but several robots from the Star Wars series will be thrown in and there is a lot of effort being put into it.

I'm assuming that it's going to end up being two submissions around 20 MB each. I'm also making a movie this weekend that will probably take a week or two to completely edit, but that should be well under the 20 MB limit.

We've taken everyone's tips and for this submission we will be using the tripod for almost everything. Before we rarely used it at all. We will also be speaking much louder and clearer, but will still be adding subtitles.

The last movie we made everyone kind of agreed that the introduction really dragged on so we've even worked around that. There will also be many new faces in our movie that you guys haven't seen yet and perhaps a new fully animated introduction to the movie as well.

I'm not going to tell you what it is, but I'm pretty sure we have agreed on the title of, "Buttholes and Bottle Rockets."

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-09 15:30:31

Here be a new songeth. I'll start on some of the reviews later, gots todo some schoolin. =3

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-09 16:53:46

By Supersteph54

Not exactly what I'd call a loop, but definitely what I'd call a good attempt. Sadly, I didn't even understand a word of the first two lines you wrote in the Author's Comments :P (I'm only Grade 3 Theory D:) so I'll judge this as a song not as a project, but anyway, this is still pretty well done ;).

The melodies are really nice. I don't see why the others don't think it as a piratey melody, it does sound quite piratey IMO. At least something that reminds me of the sea. I liked the melody you used at around 0:11, and I also enjoyed that you didn't leave the clarinet playing legato notes all the time, but switched fluently from legato to staccato. Kept me listening without getting bored ;). This should be much louder though, because I had to turn the volume up a lot to hear it clearly, and then, when someone sent me a message on MSN, the sound blasted through my speakers. D:

The instruments aren't that good quality, but that's MIDI for me I guess. I really agree wih Haggard; you should make a newer version which doesn't have to do with Composition Assignments with much better quality instruments, more variety of instruments, and maybe making it longer, since I really like the melodies you used over here.

I can't really complain about transitions. Maybe you should look into the viola's transition at 0:25 as Calamaistr said, but other than that, the song played nice and smoothly. Structure and variety are great, and there was no fixed chorus, so the song didn't get monotonous at all. It did get a little random at times, but Classical usually doesn't have any choruses being repeated every few bars, so they're bound to sometimes get a little random. Intro was good, it's nice that you started it a little quiter than the rest of the song instead of suddenly starting it loudly. Ending was very nice too. It ended on the right note and at the right time, with a nice little melody before it ends. Sorry for the long paragraph =\.

It's a nice little piece, with a lot of variety, some very nice melodies, and good intro and outro. Just work on making it louder, longer, with better instruments/more instruments all in another version and you'll have a great song. Drop me a line if you submit a new version of this :D. By the way, this is more Classical than VG :\.
7/10
4/5

-Review Request Club-

Just thought I would throw out there that this has to be one of the best reviews I have ever got It is fair, and it tells me what I need to work on in detail. It also tells me what he likes about it, what he doesn't like about it, and even asks questions. I recommend you guys use this as a guide to write better reviews. I'm not really sure how your points system works or even what they are for, but this should get Supersteph54 extra points or something way to be awesome :)

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-10 04:40:25

At 11/9/09 09:57 AM, Fro wrote:
At 11/9/09 08:58 AM, Coop83 wrote: Not yours, his.
Haha, when I took a second look at it I can see where it could almost be directed towards either of us, but for some reason I thought that you were saying that I was misguiding him.

Yeah, perhaps I should have clarified it :P

Your saying it's going to be one of your bigger submissions? How exactly do you plan on tackling it? Saying a few lines at a time and then putting them together or saying the whole thing at once so you get the fluency?

I think it's about 5 or 6 different parts all intermingled. It's going to take me hours to make and with regards to what I'm doing, you'll have to wait and see ;)

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-10 04:45:38

Here's some requests from me!

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 70114
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 76972
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 65646

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-10 05:23:07

It would be great if you could review this!!!

and some suggestions would be nice too if possible

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-10 06:52:09

At 11/9/09 11:10 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 85484
Could you review my newest song please? Nobody reviewed it last week...

You propably requested it just after the request list was updated. It's on this weeks list now, so please be patient. ;)

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-10 09:29:52

Yet another mediocre art submission from me. :P

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/fro/g ood-grief

It was basically an assignment that I had to pick an author/illustrator and kind of mirror their drawing style. So overall my picture isn't too great, but I do think I did a decent job at mirroring the simplistic style of Charlie Brown here.

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-10 12:58:37

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-10 16:39:58

Wow, sonofkirk must have a lot of math if he hasn't done the stats in three days

Need a Review? Go to Review Request Club

Also please look at my art!

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-10 16:57:40

At 11/10/09 04:39 PM, Joshsouza wrote: Wow, sonofkirk must have a lot of math if he hasn't done the stats in three days

Be patient, lol :P. It's hard work doing those lists, and delaying the update is normal. Think of it as extra time to finish more requests :\.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-10 17:58:06

Inner Space http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 86580
Bring out your swords http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 84687
Traitor http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 84809

I would also like to join the review club, but for audio submitions only. My technic needs some fine tuning, but ive got what it takes.

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-10 18:37:17

At 11/10/09 05:58 PM, aliaspharow wrote: I would also like to join the review club, but for audio submitions only. My technic needs some fine tuning, but ive got what it takes.

Ugh, should be asleep by now; it's half past midnight right now. Stupid Programming Project... I'll probably be up all night working on it...

Anyway, enough complaining. I've been through your reviews, and I must say, they're very well done. I've noticed quite a few one liners though, and you seem to switch from one line reviews to long and very helpful reviews randomly when you're reviewing. Don't forget that in this club, we're aiming to help the author improve, not give our opinion only, so you can't write a one or two liner and sign 'Review Request Club' at the bottom expecting +6 points. Remember to use your big and helpful review style when reviewing for the club ;).

To start, review as many requests from the requests list somewhere in the middle of Page 34 (review as many of the requests from that list, along with these two extra audio requests from last week: -Zestify- and Shine Cover (NO VOX)) and then, sometime before the next update, i.e. Sunday, post the points you gained by reviewing (points system can be seen in the first post of the thread) and you're part of the club :).

Sorry if anything seems unclear. Basically, review as many of the requests from the big requests list by Joshsouza and if you can, also review the two submissions mentioned in the above paragraph, and then post the points you've gained by reviewing using the points system, and then Sonofkirk kees track of your points from then on.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask :).

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-10 18:59:47

At 11/9/09 04:53 PM, sarias wrote: Just thought I would throw out there that this has to be one of the best reviews I have ever got It is fair, and it tells me what I need to work on in detail. It also tells me what he likes about it, what he doesn't like about it, and even asks questions. I recommend you guys use this as a guide to write better reviews. I'm not really sure how your points system works or even what they are for, but this should get Supersteph54 extra points or something way to be awesome :)

Hey, glad you liked my review ^^. I usually write reviews as long/longer than that because I know I always enjoy it when I get large and helpful reviews. I make it a point to always suggest improvements when I write a review, not only say e.g.: 'ending is bad, needs work' but instead say something like 'the ending is too abrupt. I'd suggest grabbing the melody you did at 0:55 and repeating it at the end, with the final note having a crash and reverbed kick'.

Lol, I've done at least 150 reviews as long or probably even longer than that for the club and never got any extra points :P. I write the reviews not to get points for the club, because if I was interested in points, I'd shorten my reviews so I'd have time to do all of the requests, but I'd rather do very long reviews, and review the authors who I haven't reviewed before instead of reviewing the regular requesters in this club, and get less points. Although it'd be cool to get more points for doing so (:P), I don't really see it as too necessary, really :).

Anyway, thanks for erm, thanking me for the review, and I'm glad you enjoyed it :D.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-10 19:03:30

Yeah the one liners are more like comments when i dont really feel like making things complex. But i do have a fiew questions: To contact you or the club, do i refer to this topic or do i pm you or what? Also, can i submit an unlimited amount of songs to be reviewed. (this does not mean i will necessarily use the privilege, i just want to know if it is possible. Il get right on thoes reviews. It's nice too feel like your part of something bigger. you know?

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-10 19:32:26

Just thought I would throw out there that this has to be one of the best reviews I have ever got It is fair, and it tells me what I need to work on in detail. It also tells me what he likes about it, what he doesn't like about it, and even asks questions. I recommend you guys use this as a guide to write better reviews. I'm not really sure how your points system works or even what they are for, but this should get Supersteph54 extra points or something way to be awesome :)

Ahhh..
This makes me feel bad that I gave your song crap and i'm still really sorry. I was in a very bad mood.
Sorry to make this topic dragging on.

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-10 22:27:11

Hey steph!! i just realised something.... your that guy i sent a PM to 3 days before halloween. Remember that guy who thought you were a really awesome reviewer and that asked you for some tips xD

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-10 22:30:37

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-11 02:33:52

At 11/10/09 07:32 PM, Joshsouza wrote:
Ahhh..
This makes me feel bad that I gave your song crap and i'm still really sorry. I was in a very bad mood.
Sorry to make this topic dragging on.

dont sweat it its not that big of a deal,

i mean this one has to be the worst review ever

The music factor here... well there is none. It's just vocals, so I don't know why you put it under classical.

The submission made me chuckle though. Either, way this is nothing special.

by neo-fusion. yours was better than this at least lol

also for your post, no problem, you deserve the praise :) some of the people in this club put their opinions into it, and last time I checked this club is supposed to be about improving the artist's work not to just bash it. and if you dont like a piece give a legitimate reason why.

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-11 08:51:56

At 11/10/09 08:45 PM, SCTE3 wrote: I will hopefully be rejoining this center later this week, will do all reviews I can get, am I welcome back here as well? D:

You certainly are welcome back. ;)

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-11 10:01:56

At 11/10/09 10:27 PM, aliaspharow wrote: Hey steph!! i just realised something.... your that guy i sent a PM to 3 days before halloween. Remember that guy who thought you were a really awesome reviewer and that asked you for some tips xD

Hey, you're right, lol :P. Well I guess having an awesome reviewer like you in the group would be great XD.

Anyway, to answer to your questions above:

Whenever you need to say something, you're always welcome posting here. Whether it's posting points, commenting on updates or whatever. Unless it's something that you'd like to talk to a particular member about, you won't be needing PM's ;).

Also, you are allowed up to three submissions per week, and if your submission is audio (since we are getting a large amount of audio lately), the first submission you ask to be reviewed will get a review the week after, and the other two will be moved onto the update of the week after that, to lessen the amount of reviews per week. Sorry if this is unclear, by now you should've realised I'm a horrible explainer :P.

Basically, if you request request three audio submissions, and one of them will be reviewed a week sooner than the other two.

Anyway, glad to see you're joining the club, and good luck on those requests! :).

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-11 14:57:05

I think I just gave out my longest review EVER for this piece at the bottom, here it goes:

It had good texture and I liked the gleam from the sun and also the surrounding forest and details. this is weird, i did not see this on the front page for some reason but anyways. You are a true artist in many ways you should actually be an OFFICIAL artist instead of posting on Deviantart and Newgrounds. get some kind of canvas and draw away! You would get many fans.
Anyways, you did a very good job with the shading and texture to make it look very real. Also, what program did you use or did you actually paint this using real paint. I really loke your style of art and it amazing how cool it looks.
I also like how you drew the surrounding area and how the tree bark on that tree was scraped off or something. The river was very realistic too. But the temple looks very small in comparison to the trees around it and I wonder who lives in these mystical woods. I think you should go and form a flash art collab to show off your art skills and other's art skills.
I think you should work on trying to make the temple thing a little bigger because it looks really small for some reason. If you are this good at art you should make a flash of some sort or a slideshow of your art if you have flash at your house. this may be one of your older artwork but i think it's the best.
I ooked at your profile and saw that you use Adobe Photoshop. how do you make art with photoshap? Don't respond the question and put the answer, instead, PM me because i don't want to keep coming back to this.
I looked at this in full screen and it looked even BETTER! I reccommend all of the people to view in full screen before you vote because it looks even more amazing. I think this is the longest review Ii have given to someone and I hope you are glad to have this review. Here is the overall score:

Effort 10/10
Originality 10/10
Design 10/10
Shading 10/10
Effects 10/10
Details 10/10
Textures 10/10
Overall this is the best art submission I have ever seen on Newgrounds. Keep it up and keep making things like this! :)

Review Request Club

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-11 19:05:53

Bipolar Smiley: (:(

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-11 19:27:52

Aight thanks! in that case i would like them to be reviewed in that order. And its really my pleasure! theres no point in reviewing songs when they don't want help anyway right? this was my logical solution.

At 11/11/09 10:01 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: Sorry if this is unclear, by now you should've realised I'm a horrible explainer :P.

Nah your not that bad! in time you will come to realise that i am way worse xP.

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-11 20:42:52

I have a Twitter that I link to everywhere. ;)

BBS Signature