00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rev Share and RSS

103,306 Views | 374 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 16:50:53

At 4/16/09 04:23 PM, Zoraxe7 wrote:
Can I exchange my credit for date with Jade the assassin?

Uh no.

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}

A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 16:54:16

Hang on, what exactly are the places people have to go to for me to get revenue? There's my User Page, did you guys say also that the views on my own movies count as well?

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 16:59:19

At 4/16/09 04:23 PM, Zoraxe7 wrote:
Can I exchange my credit for date with Jade the assassin?

But she has a penis.

Oh, I see what you were going to do. Sorry for double post.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 17:06:46

At 4/16/09 04:54 PM, Gustavos wrote: Hang on, what exactly are the places people have to go to for me to get revenue? There's my User Page, did you guys say also that the views on my own movies count as well?

Any page that's affiliated with you.

So userpage, audio submissions, flash submissions, actual flash movies... soon to come: art and writer's portal pages.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 17:11:48

that's AWESOME!

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 17:55:34

i just went to my account and apparently ive already signed up, although ive earnt $0.00 lol...although ive had views to my games/movies.

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 18:03:44

At 4/16/09 04:28 PM, Zerok wrote: See, 30 impressions (the graph just updated) makes a lot more sense.

Now when I check, it says 37.

So yeah, the 1300 number pretty well has to be backdated somehow. =)

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 18:12:09

FREEEEE MONEYYYYYYYYYY

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 18:21:00

At 4/16/09 03:37 PM, Rig wrote:
At 4/16/09 03:36 PM, KrazeyOne wrote: i have read through this entire thread and i have no idea how to get revenue. ive signed up to be a part of rev share, but i dont have any sources, not even through my userpage. am i doing something wrong?
Did you sign up today? Give it a day or two, man. :)

no, i signed up last night. XD

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 18:30:38

well then what ever will happen to the old NG API graph system?

Sig made by me

Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor

Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 18:43:21

At 4/16/09 05:06 PM, Zerok wrote:
At 4/16/09 04:54 PM, Gustavos wrote: Hang on, what exactly are the places people have to go to for me to get revenue? There's my User Page, did you guys say also that the views on my own movies count as well?
Any page that's affiliated with you.

So userpage, audio submissions, flash submissions, actual flash movies... soon to come: art and writer's portal pages.

Awesome. So what about views by somebody who isn't a member of Newgrounds? Do they count?

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 18:46:58

At 4/16/09 06:43 PM, Gustavos wrote: Awesome. So what about views by somebody who isn't a member of Newgrounds? Do they count?

Of course.

People make money by hosting their cartoons with the Flash API on other sites.

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 18:52:44

At 4/16/09 06:46 PM, Zerok wrote:
At 4/16/09 06:43 PM, Gustavos wrote: Awesome. So what about views by somebody who isn't a member of Newgrounds? Do they count?
Of course.

People make money by hosting their cartoons with the Flash API on other sites.

Also awesome. I'm not sure if this thing is online and working for me, so I need somebody to test it. There's no graph on that Chart page.

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 18:55:08

At 4/16/09 06:52 PM, Gustavos wrote: Also awesome. I'm not sure if this thing is online and working for me, so I need somebody to test it. There's no graph on that Chart page.

If the button that says "Enable" is gone, and you can access the chart page, then you're hooked up.

Nothing will show up until you've made money, and that will take a while depending on all the various factors discussed herein.

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 19:04:27

Hm, this kinda doesn't work for me. The only graph that works is "This year". The other graphs aren't showing up. Halp? :C

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 19:12:34

At 4/15/09 12:34 PM, TomFulp wrote: In the decade since I started using ads, they have paid the salaries of a growing team, many rising from the ranks right here on NG. We've managed to build a real company, with an office and a vending machine!

AND a vending machine? NO WAY!! :P

While some of you will make decent money with this system, don't expect to hit the jackpot and don't drop out of school. The ads are performance based, so sleazy methods of driving traffic to your page will not result in revenue and will likely result in the termination of your access to the system.

The best way to generate revenue will be through genuine interest in your work and hundreds of thousands of unique visitors to your pages.

You are god Tom. Too bad I don't know how to use flash. I'm sure some peopleare going to financially prosper because of this.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 19:20:37

Yesterday I was seeing and hour by hour break down of my ad impressions and stuff... today... nothing. Am I just being to anal about this?

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 19:34:09

At 4/16/09 07:20 PM, ForNoReason wrote: Yesterday I was seeing and hour by hour break down of my ad impressions and stuff... today... nothing. Am I just being to anal about this?

Yeah, just recently all the graphs appeared for me where before it didn't... then came the hour-by-hour for me.

I assume there's still some wrinkles to smooth out? Or maybe you could use a different browser and all that jazz.

OR YOU GOT NO IMPRESSIONS TODAY HAHA.

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 19:43:42

So that means this isn't just a Website? Pretty cool that you managed to make Newgrounds very popular like:)

http://bioshock2forums.com/ucp.php?

i=profile&mode=signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 20:06:43

Odd it does not show anything even though I signed up yesterday and I am positive people came to my account help.

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 20:12:30

Gotta have those vending machines!

"Some people never cease to amaze me, The sad part is that it's usually when they're deceased that I truly admire them."
-The 18th Statement / Mind of Chaot!x

Stay Gold Ppl!

-Chaot!x

Rev Share and RSS

98% of the people who read the following word will not understand the joke.

"Freedom"

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 20:20:22

At 4/16/09 08:31 AM, Zerok wrote:
At 4/16/09 04:44 AM, Esn wrote: Revenue ad-sharing is a great idea, but it could be a lot more effective than it is now.
Hahah, jeez, it's only been out for like 12 hours man!

But seriously, I think your ideas/suggestions are really interesting. Perhaps you could do both though: have a blanket ad on your page that appeals to the primary demographic of NG, as well as a fine tuned ad. That way you scoop up the people who deliberately visit your pages as well as the randoms. Either have two ads, or ads that rotate (like those big billboards with the motorized clacking slats... I'll never get tired of watching those).

Another, maybe easier-to-implement idea to make the ads more relevant and therefore more profitable (other than Project Wonderful) might be to allow users to choose from a list of keywords that describe their content. The sort of ads that appear on their page would then be determined from these keywords.

If the user chooses to not enter any keywords, the ads that appear would be just the standard ones.

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 20:49:51

i still dont know if im doing something wrong. i've filled in everything, but i dont have any sources. ive looked through the whole thread, and nothing helped. i signed up about this time yesterday. help?

Rev Share and RSS

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 20:52:13

At 4/16/09 08:49 PM, KrazeyOne wrote: i still dont know if im doing something wrong. i've filled in everything, but i dont have any sources. ive looked through the whole thread, and nothing helped. i signed up about this time yesterday. help?

You looked through, but apparently you didn't actually read anything.

This question has been addressed like 6 times.

The charts don't record anything until you've actually made money, which takes time because you need X amount of impressions to register a cent.

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 21:11:01

:Jesus... I'm lucky if I get $30 every 3 months if I'm lucky from my submissions on there. Whatever your secret is... try doing the same here!

Hah, well it's more to do with having some badges in my games. So the games get more hits from people coming back to get badges, as opposed to NG where games are gonna be more buried. Though they did addd medals recently so maybe we'll see something similiar with that.

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 21:16:57

I'll probably get a few bucks, being the creator of the top 100 audio reviewers thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 21:19:34

I do have a question about impressions that I don't think has been addressed: do unique users have a "duration"?

Say I have some loyal follower who visits my page every day. I'd get an impression the first time they visit, but what about the next days? Will I never receive another impression from their IP or (however it tracks it) ever, ever again (for that particular page)?

In some ways it makes sense to limit it, but it also makes sense to put an expiry/duration on something like that. After all, mere exposure is a powerful force: ad companies should want the same person to be exposed as much as possible to an ad!

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 21:20:47

At 4/16/09 08:52 PM, Zerok wrote:
You looked through, but apparently you didn't actually read anything.

This question has been addressed like 6 times.

The charts don't record anything until you've actually made money, which takes time because you need X amount of impressions to register a cent.

well, thank you for clearing that up. :D

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 21:48:33

I've always wondered that too Zerok. I mean perhaps it's just that particular ad? It doesn't seem to be fair that just because somebody has been exposed to your page once all the ads shown on that page doesn't count. I mean billboards advertising have to pay every time a new advertisement gets put up, even if you drive by it every day right?

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-16 21:50:25

Ads dont bring any money unless people actually pay attention to them, whether it be clicking something or buying a product put on a billboard.