00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MutantZulu81241 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rev Share and RSS

103,171 Views | 374 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-17 21:24:24

I need some clarification please. How does this work exactly? Do people click your userpage link AnEmoDragon or what? I know people have clicked it, but it says I haven't received any monah?

I'm on a boat motherfucker look at me. There was another group that people didn't take serious at the beginning. It was a little while ago. They were called the nazi's.

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-17 21:26:58

At 4/17/09 09:24 PM, AnEmoDragon wrote: I need some clarification please. How does this work exactly? Do people click your userpage link AnEmoDragon or what? I know people have clicked it, but it says I haven't received any monah?

You're just not cool enough to get any money.

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-17 22:30:15

I found a glitch/bug, when you go to the revenue line chart, if you select revenue for this year, it shows up as months instead.

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-18 01:13:41

That's Awsome !

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-18 01:16:13

i have always wondered what RSS was for...

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-18 01:19:42

At 4/17/09 02:02 PM, Malachy wrote:
yup, it tracks impressions from your userpage, audio pages and flash pages regardless of if you are using the Flash Api in your own flashes. Basically there's a counter checking out how many impressions you get on pages attributed to your username.

Alright cool beans i just wanted a confirm on the whole deal on how the thing worked it's not like i'm wanting to make serious cash on the thing i just wanted to know how it worked in a nutshell,thanks much buddy on the info and indeed it should mostly go to the fellows who contribute to the site with their great flash/audio submissions hope this money idea helps the site even more in the future and brings even greater flash cartoons/games more so than before. =).

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-18 01:52:15

so is the rev share thing open to me?
i dont make flash
:)

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-18 07:30:21

At 4/18/09 01:52 AM, skatepro wrote: so is the rev share thing open to me?
i dont make flash
)

If enough people visit your userpage and you've signed up for the Revshare program, then your cash counter will rise. Flashes just mean that you will get some extra from the visits to them and the attention that they attract. All of this has been answered prior to this post, so make sure you read through properly before asking for help.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-18 10:25:02

At 4/17/09 09:24 PM, AnEmoDragon wrote: I need some clarification please. How does this work exactly? Do people click your userpage link AnEmoDragon or what? I know people have clicked it, but it says I haven't received any monah?

No really. I got views but no money? Can someone explain how it works, confuzzled.

I'm on a boat motherfucker look at me. There was another group that people didn't take serious at the beginning. It was a little while ago. They were called the nazi's.

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-18 10:36:15

At 4/18/09 10:25 AM, AnEmoDragon wrote: No really. I got views but no money? Can someone explain how it works, confuzzled.

You need ~1000 hits to earn even a penny. Or you need various people to click on the ad a few times. You don't have any flash/submissions, just your userpage. You might see your thing go to $0.01 In like, 6 months if you maintain mild forum presence.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-18 11:21:45

i love you tom

Rev Share and RSS

Bring me the horizon NewGrounds fanclub, click here.

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-18 11:22:12

At 4/18/09 10:36 AM, Zerok wrote:
You need ~1000 hits to earn even a penny. Or you need various people to click on the ad a few times. You don't have any flash/submissions, just your userpage. You might see your thing go to $0.01 In like, 6 months if you maintain mild forum presence.

Thanks a lot Zerok for that information,makes a lot more sense now.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-18 11:25:59

At 4/18/09 10:36 AM, Zerok wrote: You need ~1000 hits to earn even a penny.

Yup, my Userpage Ads updated yesterday and I have over 2000 hits and it only earned me 0.5$ lol.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-18 11:41:23

Ha earlier in this thread I wanted my REVENUE DATA deleted, but instead wade deleted my entire account...

which sucks.

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-18 11:42:20

At 4/17/09 07:12 PM, AniMetal wrote: I have a question:

"Newgrounds.com reserves the right to terminate the revenue sharing program at any time without prior notice."

Is this just in case money ever becomes really tight or something?

I'd like to know what the point of having this in the terms and conditions is for, I mean if you guys wanted you guys could remove the forums and flash portal without warning or explaining yourself.

It's completely different because if you've earned 500 dollars on the revenue system but never cashed it in, and newgrounds decides to terminate the system then you would lose all that money. The person who lost all that money might want to sue because he could argue it was HIS money, not newgrounds'. This disclaimer keeps newgrounds legally safe from anything like that.

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-18 12:08:52

The revenue sharing thing is a good idea, however now every retard will start whoring out his userpages for a few clicks.

ey

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-18 12:23:59

Ok here's the question, what if the game that i place API-Flash inside get stolen from another site but newgrounds, do anyone who views my game in that site count?

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-18 12:29:02

At 4/18/09 12:08 PM, Joelasticot wrote: The revenue sharing thing is a good idea, however now every retard will start whoring out his userpages for a few clicks.

If it gets out of hand they'll lose their privileges, all for the sake of like, 2 cents. Let natural selection take its course I say.

At 4/18/09 12:23 PM, Arthuria99 wrote: Ok here's the question, what if the game that i place API-Flash inside get stolen from another site but newgrounds, do anyone who views my game in that site count?

No idea what this grammatical construct is supposed to mean: "get stolen from another site but newgrounds"

I'll assume you mean if someone steals your API-enable flash from NG and uploads it on gaygames.com... in that case, SO LONG as the coding for the API isn't fucked with, you'll still get revenue, 100% yes. Many authors of API-enabled flash will voluntarily upload their works on other sites for the increased revenue/exposure, and NG encourages this entirely.

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-18 14:09:29

I don't get what this ad impression means. Is it related to how much money you make? because I had 5 impressions when I got 5 cents, but now I've got 133 and it's still says I only have 5 cents

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-18 15:16:35

To Add onto Zerok's post. . .

As an example of this, in a way. Mr-Money and I made the Mario Movie Maker 4. This has got about 26,000 views on Newgrounds. Within a few days, we found it all over the place, it takes up a page on google when you search it. And we did not even send it, people took it and put it on various sites. This is a big win for us, since we have 26,000 views here (not all are clicks), we now have 600,000 clicks, and I doubt even 25% are from Newgrounds.

So in a way, it's a good think to have your flash put on other sites XD
-Matt

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-18 16:56:46

At 4/18/09 03:16 PM, Mattster wrote:
So in a way, it's a good think to have your flash put on other sites XD
-Matt

Yeah my Punch Tom flash has like 5.7 million "ad impressions" ( whatever that is, I imagine it's like one view? ).
No idea where the fuck those came from. Like 2% of that is from Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-18 17:17:56

Wow. How long has that been up? MMM4 has been up for 4 months, and has 600,000 views, I can't wait to see where it goes from there.

Ya gotta' love those people who steal your submission, and post it somewhere else. I should go around and do that. . . well, with my own.
-Matt

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-18 17:22:46

Oh yeah, and the "Ad Impression" is equal to a click. So that is the amount of clicks your ad has gotten. But seeing that not everyone clicks the ad, imagine how many views that would be :O

I wish the API had a view tracker as well, just for curiosity purposes.
-Matt

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-18 17:24:04

At 4/18/09 05:22 PM, Mattster wrote: Oh yeah, and the "Ad Impression" is equal to a click.

No I'm pretty sure it's not a click.
:o

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-18 17:28:41

At 4/18/09 05:24 PM, poxpower wrote:
At 4/18/09 05:22 PM, Mattster wrote: Oh yeah, and the "Ad Impression" is equal to a click.
o

Right. Just a view, a unique one, at that.

I dunno if a click registers as more than one impression or if it just pays you more and thus jacks up your eCPM.

Mysteries.

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-18 17:52:43

At 4/18/09 05:28 PM, Zerok wrote:
At 4/18/09 05:24 PM, poxpower wrote:
o
Right. Just a view, a unique one, at that.

I dunno if a click registers as more than one impression or if it just pays you more and thus jacks up your eCPM.

Mysteries.

Oh, so it is a view? Aha, cool. Now I know! And really, who cares how much it pays, as long as it's making some money >:)

The mysterious world of the API. . . dun dun duuuun
-Matt

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-18 18:29:13

At 4/15/09 12:54 PM, B0UNC3 wrote: Guess it's time to find myself a mansion.

I will script vote bot-amate click your ads for you.

I am in love her name is Sammy Evans. I am going to bukkake her.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-18 19:27:58

Luis needs a girlfriend.

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-18 20:26:25

At 4/18/09 05:40 PM, Mexifry wrote: What does eCPM even mean and how is it determined?

eCPM isn't something you should really be basing anything off of. It is simply how much you've made divided by the number of impressions you've had. If you switch your time periods up the eCPM changes because your impressions change (last week vs all time, for example).

It stands for... estimated cost per mille or something. So how much you make per 1000 impressions. But I must reiterate: it's not like the eCPM is magically generated then you make money based off of that. Mysterious variables determine how much you make in cents, then the system takes that and does a very simple division to report your eCPM.

At least this is how I've construed it after mucking around a tad. Anyone in the greater know feel free to correct me.

Response to Rev Share and RSS 2009-04-18 21:21:16

Yay I made 3 cents so far! feel the fury

BBS Signature