AniMetal
AniMetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 05:03 PM Reply

At 4/17/09 04:54 PM, Tominater12 wrote:
Ads in the BBS perform so bad it's tempting sometimes to not even have them, so I think the results would still be a let-down... And even if we did delete earnings for spam topics, I would worry about having more spam than we can deal with.

Really? That's a bit of a surprise.

I mean the ads at the bottom of the pages are obviously failures, but the ads at the top of the page below "Flash portal, Audio portal, etc." seem like the kind of ad that would be successful because of all the slip-up clicks.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature
SeethingSwarm
SeethingSwarm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 05:58 PM Reply

This is so awesome! Thanks Tom for being such a stand-up guy :) I probably won't make any money with this but it's still SWEET!!!

Rev Share and RSS

TheLazyDreamer
TheLazyDreamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 06:44 PM Reply

Little confused here.

so do we have to add advertisments to our flashes to earn money? or is there some other system that puts ads on our flashes?

help x.x

AniMetal
AniMetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 07:12 PM Reply

I have a question:

"Newgrounds.com reserves the right to terminate the revenue sharing program at any time without prior notice."

Is this just in case money ever becomes really tight or something?

I'd like to know what the point of having this in the terms and conditions is for, I mean if you guys wanted you guys could remove the forums and flash portal without warning or explaining yourself.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature
liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 07:58 PM Reply

At 4/17/09 07:12 PM, Fyndir wrote:
At 4/17/09 06:44 PM, TheLazyDreamer wrote: so do we have to add advertisments to our flashes to earn money? or is there some other system that puts ads on our flashes?
The revenue sharing system gives you money from the adverts on the page.

Like the banner advert at the top and bottom of the page, the advert under the voting buttons and the adverts underneath the submission itself when users choose to play in a pop-up window.

The ads in the pages of flash submissions that will make you any revenue are not the top and bottom 'superbanner' ads. They're to the left of the page, betwixt the stats and other information there.

liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 08:25 PM Reply

At 4/17/09 08:20 PM, RKthrilla wrote:
At 4/17/09 07:58 PM, liljim wrote:
The ads in the pages of flash submissions that will make you any revenue are not the top and bottom 'superbanner' ads. They're to the left of the page, betwixt the stats and other information there.
You mean the ones nobody ever clicks, gotcha!

Obviously, they do. Otherwise, many people wouldn't have gotten any earnings from them (which they have). As per the chat page mock up, "Stop being a negative nancy."

Resident3vil5
Resident3vil5
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 09:13 PM Reply

WTH IS RSS... really wat is it

Life Is a Lesson... You Learn It When Your Though.

BBS Signature
Sirtom92
Sirtom92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 09:17 PM Reply

well that all sounds sexy. good improvement, tom.

At 4/17/09 08:37 PM, tsdeath1 wrote:
: sirtom92? have fun being deleted
I am an attention whore.

AnEmoDragon
AnEmoDragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 09:24 PM Reply

I need some clarification please. How does this work exactly? Do people click your userpage link AnEmoDragon or what? I know people have clicked it, but it says I haven't received any monah?

I'm on a boat motherfucker look at me. There was another group that people didn't take serious at the beginning. It was a little while ago. They were called the nazi's.

BBS Signature
Homosecksual
Homosecksual
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 09:26 PM Reply

At 4/17/09 09:24 PM, AnEmoDragon wrote: I need some clarification please. How does this work exactly? Do people click your userpage link AnEmoDragon or what? I know people have clicked it, but it says I haven't received any monah?

You're just not cool enough to get any money.

BBS Signature
Homosecksual
Homosecksual
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 10:30 PM Reply

I found a glitch/bug, when you go to the revenue line chart, if you select revenue for this year, it shows up as months instead.

BBS Signature
islamboywhoprays
islamboywhoprays
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 18th, 2009 @ 01:13 AM Reply

That's Awsome !

ghostblairdarkness
ghostblairdarkness
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 18th, 2009 @ 01:16 AM Reply

i have always wondered what RSS was for...

BBS Signature
ViceFullbuster
ViceFullbuster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 18th, 2009 @ 01:19 AM Reply

At 4/17/09 02:02 PM, Malachy wrote:
yup, it tracks impressions from your userpage, audio pages and flash pages regardless of if you are using the Flash Api in your own flashes. Basically there's a counter checking out how many impressions you get on pages attributed to your username.

Alright cool beans i just wanted a confirm on the whole deal on how the thing worked it's not like i'm wanting to make serious cash on the thing i just wanted to know how it worked in a nutshell,thanks much buddy on the info and indeed it should mostly go to the fellows who contribute to the site with their great flash/audio submissions hope this money idea helps the site even more in the future and brings even greater flash cartoons/games more so than before. =).

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature
skatepro
skatepro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 18th, 2009 @ 01:52 AM Reply

so is the rev share thing open to me?
i dont make flash
:)

EmmDubya
EmmDubya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 18th, 2009 @ 07:30 AM Reply

At 4/18/09 01:52 AM, skatepro wrote: so is the rev share thing open to me?
i dont make flash
)

If enough people visit your userpage and you've signed up for the Revshare program, then your cash counter will rise. Flashes just mean that you will get some extra from the visits to them and the attention that they attract. All of this has been answered prior to this post, so make sure you read through properly before asking for help.

Formerly known as mwmike | Check my last.fm so I can insult your music taste | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature
AnEmoDragon
AnEmoDragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 18th, 2009 @ 10:25 AM Reply

At 4/17/09 09:24 PM, AnEmoDragon wrote: I need some clarification please. How does this work exactly? Do people click your userpage link AnEmoDragon or what? I know people have clicked it, but it says I haven't received any monah?

No really. I got views but no money? Can someone explain how it works, confuzzled.

I'm on a boat motherfucker look at me. There was another group that people didn't take serious at the beginning. It was a little while ago. They were called the nazi's.

BBS Signature
Zerok
Zerok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Writer
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 18th, 2009 @ 10:36 AM Reply

At 4/18/09 10:25 AM, AnEmoDragon wrote: No really. I got views but no money? Can someone explain how it works, confuzzled.

You need ~1000 hits to earn even a penny. Or you need various people to click on the ad a few times. You don't have any flash/submissions, just your userpage. You might see your thing go to $0.01 In like, 6 months if you maintain mild forum presence.

Zerok blog: PM me if you like music | My (retired) webcomic: Pizza For Guys

baked-bean
baked-bean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 18th, 2009 @ 11:21 AM Reply

i love you tom

Rev Share and RSS

Bring me the horizon NewGrounds fanclub, click here.

BBS Signature
ViceFullbuster
ViceFullbuster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 18th, 2009 @ 11:22 AM Reply

At 4/18/09 10:36 AM, Zerok wrote:
You need ~1000 hits to earn even a penny. Or you need various people to click on the ad a few times. You don't have any flash/submissions, just your userpage. You might see your thing go to $0.01 In like, 6 months if you maintain mild forum presence.

Thanks a lot Zerok for that information,makes a lot more sense now.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature
simon
simon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 18th, 2009 @ 11:25 AM Reply

At 4/18/09 10:36 AM, Zerok wrote: You need ~1000 hits to earn even a penny.

Yup, my Userpage Ads updated yesterday and I have over 2000 hits and it only earned me 0.5$ lol.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218

BBS Signature
statueofdiveo
statueofdiveo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 18th, 2009 @ 11:41 AM Reply

Ha earlier in this thread I wanted my REVENUE DATA deleted, but instead wade deleted my entire account...

which sucks.

BlackPlastic
BlackPlastic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 18th, 2009 @ 11:42 AM Reply

At 4/17/09 07:12 PM, AniMetal wrote: I have a question:

"Newgrounds.com reserves the right to terminate the revenue sharing program at any time without prior notice."

Is this just in case money ever becomes really tight or something?

I'd like to know what the point of having this in the terms and conditions is for, I mean if you guys wanted you guys could remove the forums and flash portal without warning or explaining yourself.

It's completely different because if you've earned 500 dollars on the revenue system but never cashed it in, and newgrounds decides to terminate the system then you would lose all that money. The person who lost all that money might want to sue because he could argue it was HIS money, not newgrounds'. This disclaimer keeps newgrounds legally safe from anything like that.

BBS Signature
Joelasticot
Joelasticot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Game Developer
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 18th, 2009 @ 12:08 PM Reply

The revenue sharing thing is a good idea, however now every retard will start whoring out his userpages for a few clicks.

ey

BBS Signature
Arthuria99
Arthuria99
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 18th, 2009 @ 12:23 PM Reply

Ok here's the question, what if the game that i place API-Flash inside get stolen from another site but newgrounds, do anyone who views my game in that site count?

Coming Soon :
Wave Warrior Sonic EXE 3: Garnet Version
DeviantArtPage --- Facebook ---My Youtube

BBS Signature
Zerok
Zerok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Writer
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 18th, 2009 @ 12:29 PM Reply

At 4/18/09 12:08 PM, Joelasticot wrote: The revenue sharing thing is a good idea, however now every retard will start whoring out his userpages for a few clicks.

If it gets out of hand they'll lose their privileges, all for the sake of like, 2 cents. Let natural selection take its course I say.

At 4/18/09 12:23 PM, Arthuria99 wrote: Ok here's the question, what if the game that i place API-Flash inside get stolen from another site but newgrounds, do anyone who views my game in that site count?

No idea what this grammatical construct is supposed to mean: "get stolen from another site but newgrounds"

I'll assume you mean if someone steals your API-enable flash from NG and uploads it on gaygames.com... in that case, SO LONG as the coding for the API isn't fucked with, you'll still get revenue, 100% yes. Many authors of API-enabled flash will voluntarily upload their works on other sites for the increased revenue/exposure, and NG encourages this entirely.

Zerok blog: PM me if you like music | My (retired) webcomic: Pizza For Guys

Fleshlight
Fleshlight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 18th, 2009 @ 02:09 PM Reply

I don't get what this ad impression means. Is it related to how much money you make? because I had 5 impressions when I got 5 cents, but now I've got 133 and it's still says I only have 5 cents

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Mattster
Mattster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 18th, 2009 @ 03:16 PM Reply

To Add onto Zerok's post. . .

As an example of this, in a way. Mr-Money and I made the Mario Movie Maker 4. This has got about 26,000 views on Newgrounds. Within a few days, we found it all over the place, it takes up a page on google when you search it. And we did not even send it, people took it and put it on various sites. This is a big win for us, since we have 26,000 views here (not all are clicks), we now have 600,000 clicks, and I doubt even 25% are from Newgrounds.

So in a way, it's a good think to have your flash put on other sites XD
-Matt

poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 18th, 2009 @ 04:56 PM Reply

At 4/18/09 03:16 PM, Mattster wrote:
So in a way, it's a good think to have your flash put on other sites XD
-Matt

Yeah my Punch Tom flash has like 5.7 million "ad impressions" ( whatever that is, I imagine it's like one view? ).
No idea where the fuck those came from. Like 2% of that is from Newgrounds.

BBS Signature
Mattster
Mattster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Rev Share and RSS Apr. 18th, 2009 @ 05:17 PM Reply

Wow. How long has that been up? MMM4 has been up for 4 months, and has 600,000 views, I can't wait to see where it goes from there.

Ya gotta' love those people who steal your submission, and post it somewhere else. I should go around and do that. . . well, with my own.
-Matt