00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JoJoshke just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,644,382 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-03 14:35:32

The Epic Failure medal does work. You have to see the Game Over screen 10 times, not just fail 10 times. So the Antichrist medal is the only broken medal, it has been reported to Poxpower, so it will probably be fixed soon. =)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-03 14:51:41

THIS SHYT IS HARD!!!

Okay not really, but it's definitely harder than the main game.

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-03 15:35:00

At 6/2/11 02:40 AM, queenofbabes wrote: You probably wanted wylina's page, but it hasn't been updated in ages.

I just grew tired of it. Too many sub-par quality games with really easy and few medals each popping out, so hardly any guides being written, and I thought the wiki would have taken off. I can keep updating it, but it'd be mostly a listing of games like the official list with a guide thrown in maybe every 10th game. I would have definitely kept it up if more guides were being written.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-03 21:37:25

At 6/3/11 01:04 PM, Nijsse wrote: Well, I've been playing the game for a few hours, and the only medals that don't seem to work are the Antichrist and the Epic Failure medal. Quitter might only work if you quit right after you get your multiplier up to 10 times. The 5k and 10k medals worked for me, keep in mind you have to get those while playing, the points x2 in normal mode after you die don't count towards getting these medals.

I earned most of the medals in this game in Random mode, just because it has no end. It does get harder if you play for a bit, but even when the difficulty increase caps out the game is still really easy for the most part. I even had a 90+ streak before I figured there's no need to keep playing after 50k+ points. :P

I managed to get both EPIC FAILURE, and the QUITTER medals. Unfortunately, it still seems like FIVE KAY is screwed up on my end. Either that, or I'm just not doing it right. I had 8,000 something points, but no medal. Do you have to complete the game? Or just reach 5,000 points? Because in getting that 8,000, I ran out of hit points before finishing the game. Is that what I'm doing wrong?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-03 22:09:35

At 6/3/11 09:37 PM, SFS1313 wrote: I managed to get both EPIC FAILURE, and the QUITTER medals. Unfortunately, it still seems like FIVE KAY is screwed up on my end. Either that, or I'm just not doing it right. I had 8,000 something points, but no medal. Do you have to complete the game? Or just reach 5,000 points? Because in getting that 8,000, I ran out of hit points before finishing the game. Is that what I'm doing wrong?

Reach 5k points before getting an ending screen. I did this in normal mode if this matters.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-04 06:40:01

can someone send me a PM to tell me how to get the 2 secret medals in the game Plimpton's Video Falconry?

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-04 09:18:47

At 6/3/11 02:06 PM, Fooliolo wrote: Have you tried ... y'know... refreshing the game...? Or F5? Or... doing stuff like restarting...

Oiram is by far the most evil game of the set.

The in-game medal descriptions say that you have to eat 12 foods in Diet Run (15 is impossible), and serve 30 beers in Bartender.

How is 12 foods in Diet Run also possible? I always only have about 9 foods appearing for the whole duration of the round.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-04 12:05:19

At 6/4/11 09:18 AM, queenofbabes wrote:
At 6/3/11 02:06 PM, Fooliolo wrote: The in-game medal descriptions say that you have to eat 12 foods in Diet Run (15 is impossible), and serve 30 beers in Bartender.
How is 12 foods in Diet Run also possible? I always only have about 9 foods appearing for the whole duration of the round.

Play in story mode if you need to. Random mode makes the timer speed up.

Failing that, something about your game is broken o.O

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-04 13:01:06

At 6/4/11 06:40 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: can someone send me a PM to tell me how to get the 2 secret medals in the game Plimpton's Video Falconry?

thank you Fooliolo, without your help I would never have figured out how to get those medals!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-04 13:28:48

Oh dear, it seems I have unintentionally abused a glitch to get the Drunk medal for Insanity Box 2 D= I just spammed beers in practice mode to see what works and what doesn't. Then I went ahead and played story mode, and when I beat the first minigame, I got the medal.

Apparently a lot of the minigames that you fail/quit don't terminate properly. This is most audible when you fail the Racecar minigame.

Alien Buster can only be obtained on your first attempt. If you fail, you must refresh. I can't tell you how many times I've killed that bastard in random mode, only for it to not count for no apparent reason.

At 6/4/11 01:01 PM, ugolegend94 wrote:
At 6/4/11 06:40 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: can someone send me a PM to tell me how to get the 2 secret medals in the game Plimpton's Video Falconry?
thank you Fooliolo, without your help I would never have figured out how to get those medals!

No problem.

Oh, it's nearly a week since I got Keeper of Secrets. Has anyone else gotten it yet?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-04 13:48:15

At 6/4/11 01:28 PM, Fooliolo wrote: Oh dear, it seems I have unintentionally abused a glitch to get the Drunk medal for Insanity Box 2 D= I just spammed beers in practice mode to see what works and what doesn't. Then I went ahead and played story mode, and when I beat the first minigame, I got the medal.

This glitch has worked also for me, in fact now I got that medal

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-04 14:24:07

At 6/3/11 10:09 PM, Fooliolo wrote: Reach 5k points before getting an ending screen. I did this in normal mode if this matters.

Okay, I finally got it. I couldn't understand what I was doing wrong, but you're right. You have to get it in game, the multipliers mean nothing toward that score. Nijsse pointed that out before, but my brain was acting screwy I suppose, and I didn't understand.

Thanks to both of you guys!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-04 14:24:36

At 6/4/11 01:28 PM, Fooliolo wrote: Oh, it's nearly a week since I got Keeper of Secrets. Has anyone else gotten it yet?

No I haven't. I had tried, but unless someone is kind enough to pm me the answer, I'm not sure I'm keen on trying again.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-04 21:52:24

At 6/4/11 02:24 PM, queenofbabes wrote:
At 6/4/11 01:28 PM, Fooliolo wrote: Oh, it's nearly a week since I got Keeper of Secrets. Has anyone else gotten it yet?
No I haven't. I had tried, but unless someone is kind enough to pm me the answer, I'm not sure I'm keen on trying again.

I would enjoy a PM as well, thanks :)

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-04 22:32:07

Heh, PMs aren't rolling out just yet, until ONE of you gets it. Or if ugolegend94 feels like giving 100 medal points to people.

The next clue I promise you will be the the one that will change your perspective on how to get Keeper of Secrets. But you'll have to wait until the next week, signaled by HoS's medal points ranking update.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-05 02:30:42

Alright, HoS did his magic.

--> Now that I think about it, I have experienced many invisible buttons, and I have experienced moving buttons, but this one.... is a sick twisted child. Fuck you!

It would probably be useful to review the other posts full of clues. Who knows, it may help further. Then again I never got any feedback on giving clues =/

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-05 08:38:49

At 6/3/11 02:06 PM, Fooliolo wrote: Oiram is by far the most evil game of the set.

The inverted Mario stage is only evil due to the buggy platforms. That is the only stage that ever bugged out on me. I was going for Story God, and was doing well till the bugs cost me a life at stage 28. But hey, I got an extra life after beating the final stage, and got the medal after all. Heh heh.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-05 11:29:19

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-05 13:19:35

At 6/5/11 11:29 AM, ixfd64 wrote: This game has medals, according to the description:

:

I can confirm that at least one medal, the one for completing easy mode, works.

The medals are 0 pointers, though...

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-06 09:18:34

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-06 12:00:48

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-06 12:28:39

At 6/6/11 12:00 PM, ixfd64 wrote: Zero-point medals:

Yup! Medals link to scrotum 1 though...

I have a feeling that DiMono is going to play this game to the end

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-06 15:57:30

Finally got the feed 50 mooks medal to work. You MUST begin the game via level select and get to 50 that way. If you go over 50 mooks fed by playing with the "Start" option, it becomes impossible.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-06 19:06:11

At 6/6/11 12:28 PM, Knuckstrike wrote:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 1718

Heh. No.

Though I did check out Insanity Box 2 today. The medal for failing on the monkey level awards properly, but doesn't seem to provide the 5 points it claims to provide. Unless the game has 495 points rather than 500 for some reason, which would just be weird. All other medals work, and in fact I got one after the monkey medal and it still didn't add its 5 points; just kind of skipped over them.

Of course, now I'm committed to getting another 505 points this week. Which sucks.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-06 21:21:36

At 6/6/11 12:28 PM, Knuckstrike wrote:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 1718

I'm thinking about it. Waiting to see the medals first, but I got pretty good at the other one and it seems like the exact same engine. Not sure if I want to put that much time into it again though...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-07 01:28:53

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-08 08:28:44

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-08 10:42:12

At 6/8/11 08:28 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: new game!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 1844

Another one of these long and boring grinders? bah.

Also, did anybody find the 2nd secret medal in the frog game? Not the easy one just for using an item?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-08 10:58:15

To get the medal kill 20 spikes in one game, do we have to kill the red or blue spikes? Or both?

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-08 12:07:43

At 6/8/11 10:58 AM, Hacsev wrote:
To get the medal kill 20 spikes in one game, do we have to kill the red or blue spikes? Or both?

You'll get spikes of other colours later on, I suppose they all have to count.