00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KungFuCarafu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,655,441 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-31 09:49:42

At 5/30/11 09:38 PM, Hacsev wrote: Aw fuck! According to likwidgames:

"Hi there. Unfortunately due to the autosave, your game may be stuck. I'm hoping that you have taken the time to save at the inn periodically as you have been playing. Sorry."

Last time I saved periodically was after I beat like 2 bosses only. So yeah, I'm not going to play it again just to get a 50 pointer medal. I did have fun while it lasted, though.

It's not so bad. I'd recommend a power mage build, putting almost nothing to strength and defence. Get fireball, lvl 1 lightning, then rush for the lvl 3 poison spell (which hits EVERY enemy on the screen), then lvl 3 lightning spell.

Once you have lvl 3 poison spell, you'll be clearing screens real quick. throw in lvl 3 lightning and it'll be uber fast. What's more, since you're casting spells from a distance, you almost never have to worry about dying.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-31 10:11:17

At 5/31/11 09:45 AM, queenofbabes wrote: I've also been unable to get Crazy Over Goo medals to work.
Or somebody who already has them, and has some free time, could create an alt account to see if you can get the medals.

I just played the game on my alt account, and I can confirm the medals don't work. I guess you are right about the update by the author, because had no problem getting those medals when the game was just released.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-31 10:42:55

At 5/31/11 10:11 AM, Nijsse wrote: I just played the game on my alt account, and I can confirm the medals don't work. I guess you are right about the update by the author, because had no problem getting those medals when the game was just released.

Alright, thanks for the verification. I think we can add Crazy Over Goo to Fooliolo's de-facto official list of broken medal games.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-31 11:39:25

Another inquiry: I've noticed that Nijsse has the 10 point medals for Feed the Mooks. Nijsse, can you clarify as to how you got them?

Also, snooping on your profile has revealed a new game:

It's not on the gameswithmedals list yet =/

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-31 12:15:40

At 5/31/11 11:39 AM, Fooliolo wrote: Another inquiry: I've noticed that Nijsse has the 10 point medals for Feed the Mooks. Nijsse, can you clarify as to how you got them?

I'm pretty sure those 2 medals are fixed. I had to clear my old .sol file first, and after playing it again I earned both of the medals... in reversed order. I DID play it a bit right before I cleared the .sol file, but I still thought it was pretty weird after checking my profile.

Try it for yourself, and see what happens. =)

Also, snooping on your profile has revealed a new game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 0836
It's not on the gameswithmedals list yet =/

It is now. I like it, it looks like it's gonna take a while to get every medal though.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-31 13:33:39

At 5/31/11 10:42 AM, queenofbabes wrote: Alright, thanks for the verification. I think we can add Crazy Over Goo to Fooliolo's de-facto official list of broken medal games.

I also confirm that the medals are broken in that game, I tried 3 times today and I did not get any medal

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-31 19:18:07

The-swain has medals for a game called Skin Editor. I think it refers to this one:

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-05-31 21:20:31

At 5/31/11 07:18 PM, ixfd64 wrote: The-swain has medals for a game called Skin Editor. I think it refers to this one:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 1250

The medals are now visible.

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-01 05:38:26

Skin editor was the pre-release name, sometimes it doesn't get updated correctly on the back end

but yeah skincraft has three medals and they're pretty easy to figure out, enjoy :p

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-01 15:29:27

Almost forgot to finish this game. Got a new high score today, but still no where near the million. Do the levels continue to get harder every level or am I just imagining things? Going to be a while until I get to level 22...

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-01 19:27:34

At 6/1/11 03:29 PM, waynerz99 wrote: Almost forgot to finish this game. Got a new high score today, but still no where near the million. Do the levels continue to get harder every level or am I just imagining things? Going to be a while until I get to level 22...

It does get harder with every new level, but it's not that hard if you take advantage of the UP SPACE glitch.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-01 21:15:53

At 6/1/11 07:27 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 6/1/11 03:29 PM, waynerz99 wrote: Almost forgot to finish this game. Got a new high score today, but still no where near the million. Do the levels continue to get harder every level or am I just imagining things? Going to be a while until I get to level 22...
It does get harder with every new level, but it's not that hard if you take advantage of the UP SPACE glitch.

If it does get harder, I certainly did not notice. Hell, the bonus timer keeps going up and up everytime you finish the game, so you have more time to ... die due to stupid luck I guess xD

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-01 21:42:52

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-01 22:45:13

At 6/1/11 07:27 PM, EdyKel wrote: It does get harder with every new level, but it's not that hard if you take advantage of the UP SPACE glitch.

It's gone now, apparently the author has fixed it. That makes the first stage the most annoying of all, esp. when things start getting fast. I'm still a long way from a million myself.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-02 01:36:46

So nine months ago I swore off trying to unlock NG medals until I finished my senior year of college, and now that I'm free to waste as much time as possible I can't find the main page with all the help/guide links in my bookmarks anymore, does anyone have the URL for that page?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-02 02:08:56

At 6/2/11 01:36 AM, Bobfleadip wrote: So nine months ago I swore off trying to unlock NG medals until I finished my senior year of college, and now that I'm free to waste as much time as possible I can't find the main page with all the help/guide links in my bookmarks anymore, does anyone have the URL for that page?

Uh... there's a few of those floating around =/

Visit my userpage. It has a newspost (the only one actually atm) with some of those links.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-02 02:40:37

At 6/2/11 01:36 AM, Bobfleadip wrote: So nine months ago I swore off trying to unlock NG medals until I finished my senior year of college, and now that I'm free to waste as much time as possible I can't find the main page with all the help/guide links in my bookmarks anymore, does anyone have the URL for that page?

You probably wanted wylina's page, but it hasn't been updated in ages.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-02 11:56:24

This one can help too.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-02 12:05:07

At 6/1/11 09:42 PM, Tycrane wrote: 0 point medals.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 1353

They don't seem to be unlocking for me for some reason.

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-02 12:09:27

At 6/2/11 12:05 PM, Hacsev wrote:
At 6/1/11 09:42 PM, Tycrane wrote: 0 point medals.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 1353
They don't seem to be unlocking for me for some reason.

Same here. Found out after beating the game :(

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-03 03:01:07

I see a new game!

Also, I have been unable to get the "Feed 50 Mooks" medal, no matter what I do. Wow >_>

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-03 07:13:20

At 6/3/11 03:01 AM, Fooliolo wrote: I see a new game!

Great game! Does anyone know how to clear the final fantasy like part? I can't seem to figure that one out.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-03 11:50:44

At 6/3/11 07:13 AM, Knuckstrike wrote: Great game! Does anyone know how to clear the final fantasy like part? I can't seem to figure that one out.

Run.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-03 12:40:27

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 1423

It's a fun game, but there are some pretty big glitches in it. Aside from a few of the medals not working (I've noticed ANTICHRIST, EPIC FAILURE, and FIVE KAY and QUITTER thus far), you can also get medals playing some of the games on the practice screen, then going to Story Mode. After playing a few levels on that, the medal shows up (CLEAN SWEEP and PIPE DREAM).

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-03 12:54:38

Okay, just notice Fooliolo has the medals that glitched on me, so the problem is on my end. Guess it's time to delete the .sol and try again.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-03 13:04:22

At 6/3/11 12:40 PM, SFS1313 wrote:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 1423
It's a fun game, but there are some pretty big glitches in it. Aside from a few of the medals not working (I've noticed ANTICHRIST, EPIC FAILURE, and FIVE KAY and QUITTER thus far), you can also get medals playing some of the games on the practice screen, then going to Story Mode. After playing a few levels on that, the medal shows up (CLEAN SWEEP and PIPE DREAM).

Well, I've been playing the game for a few hours, and the only medals that don't seem to work are the Antichrist and the Epic Failure medal. Quitter might only work if you quit right after you get your multiplier up to 10 times. The 5k and 10k medals worked for me, keep in mind you have to get those while playing, the points x2 in normal mode after you die don't count towards getting these medals.

I earned most of the medals in this game in Random mode, just because it has no end. It does get harder if you play for a bit, but even when the difficulty increase caps out the game is still really easy for the most part. I even had a 90+ streak before I figured there's no need to keep playing after 50k+ points. :P

Does anyone have an idea on the 2 secret medals of Plimpton's Video Falconry? It's an awesome game but I couldn't even find one clue on how to get them, besides the fact that Tom has those medals.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-03 13:44:39

Anybody encountered this glitch, where mario (Or Diram) keeps falling through the first floor? This is the only level where I die sometimes, and it would be nice if this glitch would be gone for me.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-03 13:53:49

WTF? Half of my game has now glitched. With some games I instantly die (Diram, monkey, reversor, button game), while with some games I can't die. Like the mammoth game, where I spammed the mouse on a single spot, and it said I had unfrozen the whole mammoth. Or the first asteroid game, where every rock just passes me. (See pic) I haven't tried every game yet, but this is just getting ridiculous.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-03 14:06:35

Have you tried ... y'know... refreshing the game...? Or F5? Or... doing stuff like restarting...

Oiram is by far the most evil game of the set.

The in-game medal descriptions say that you have to eat 12 foods in Diet Run (15 is impossible), and serve 30 beers in Bartender.