00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JohnnyBBad83 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,650,346 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-31 11:24:26

At 5/31/10 10:49 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 5/30/10 07:02 PM, Mendes wrote: im playing tetris'd: the game and i have a question: is it possible to get the ninja medal(six consecutive wall jump)?
There are people that got it, so I guess it's possible. Only problem is that when you've done your 3rd wall-jump, the stickman can't wall-jump again for a while.

Not quite true. I could easily get 4 jumps consistently, and 5 jumps occasionally. My 6th jump was probably a fluke after trying many many times.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-31 12:48:41

At 5/31/10 11:24 AM, queenofbabes wrote: Not quite true. I could easily get 4 jumps consistently, and 5 jumps occasionally. My 6th jump was probably a fluke after trying many many times.

Mmmm... well, I still find it pretty difficult. I think it's the best to do it from a big height, so you can do it on falling blocks more often.

Also, I'm working on a play/walkthrough For HNMM. I've just made a video with Tyrone collecting all coins and without deaths (both in one vid). But for some reason I keep failing Meatboy on stages that are also in the Tyrone stage. X(

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-31 12:59:17

At 5/31/10 11:24 AM, queenofbabes wrote:
Not quite true. I could easily get 4 jumps consistently, and 5 jumps occasionally. My 6th jump was probably a fluke after trying many many times.

ive never got 4 jumps . do you guys have any tips??

Pirataria Eh Crime , Nao Roube Barcos.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-31 13:08:37

At 5/31/10 07:33 AM, Ray80 wrote: How is Meatboy unlocked?

You have to get at least 4 coins and beat the game.

At 5/31/10 07:43 AM, Auz wrote: I'm just wondering, in the game Valthirian Arc, does anybody know where the 'hidden button' is?

As far as I know it doesn't give you any medal, but it's the last thing I need to complete the rune list. I looked everywhere, but I can't seem to find it.

On the Main menu click on credits, then click on Games Credits at the top of the page that opens.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-31 13:32:00

FYI you can get 100,000 points in Human Centipede on level 2. Am I seriously the only person who thought of just milking an early level for all it's worth? Keep the tombstones clear and it takes forever for the centipede to make it to the bottom. Pick off the last part of the centipede so there's only 1 head to worry about and your game gets much easier. Take out the cops for 900pts as they appear, get all the roofies, scalpels and needles, and you shouldn't have any difficulty at all clearing over 12000pts per life to stay where you are.

All I'm missing now are the secret medals (yes, I know) and Speedy Pedey. For Speedy Pedey, do you have to kill them all on the same life, or just on the same level regardless of how many times you die? Because if it's the latter, it should just be a matter of patience like getting 100,000 my way.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-31 13:53:15

At 5/31/10 01:32 PM, chris-marks wrote: FYI you can get 100,000 points in Human Centipede on level 2. Am I seriously the only person who thought of just milking an early level for all it's worth? Keep the tombstones clear and it takes forever for the centipede to make it to the bottom. Pick off the last part of the centipede so there's only 1 head to worry about and your game gets much easier. Take out the cops for 900pts as they appear, get all the roofies, scalpels and needles, and you shouldn't have any difficulty at all clearing over 12000pts per life to stay where you are.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but why would you think so? I did exactly that (although I slipped up at points, killing some centipedes prematurely and ended up getting it at lvl 4) and I thought it was pretty obvious if you wanted to go for a high score...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-31 14:46:53

At 5/31/10 01:32 PM, chris-marks wrote: All I'm missing now are the secret medals (yes, I know) and Speedy Pedey. For Speedy Pedey, do you have to kill them all on the same life, or just on the same level regardless of how many times you die?

It doesn't matter if you die, the number of fast centipedes you kill is carried over to the next life so you can kill three, die, and then kill the remaining two on your next life.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-31 15:23:13

At 5/31/10 01:53 PM, queenofbabes wrote:
At 5/31/10 01:32 PM, chris-marks wrote: FYI you can get 100,000 points in Human Centipede on level 2. Am I seriously the only person who thought of just milking an early level for all it's worth? Keep the tombstones clear and it takes forever for the centipede to make it to the bottom. Pick off the last part of the centipede so there's only 1 head to worry about and your game gets much easier. Take out the cops for 900pts as they appear, get all the roofies, scalpels and needles, and you shouldn't have any difficulty at all clearing over 12000pts per life to stay where you are.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but why would you think so?

The only comments I've seen about that score were to the tune of how hard it is, and how it's such a grind. I'm actually quite glad I'm not the only one to think of it.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-31 17:04:52

At 5/31/10 01:08 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 5/31/10 07:43 AM, Auz wrote: I'm just wondering, in the game Valthirian Arc, does anybody know where the 'hidden button' is?

As far as I know it doesn't give you any medal, but it's the last thing I need to complete the rune list. I looked everywhere, but I can't seem to find it.
On the Main menu click on credits, then click on Games Credits at the top of the page that opens.

Ah thanks :) That helped a lot.

Got all the achievements in Valthirian Arc now. Too bad that doesn't net you any medal, and the highscore list seems to be broken too :(

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-31 18:02:28

At 5/31/10 05:37 AM, Nijsse wrote:
At 5/31/10 05:23 AM, queenofbabes wrote: I hate you cheaters. I did it the proper way =(
The proper way wasn't that hard though, but it's still a very lame way to get the flawless victory medal.

Meh.I didn't really try the game out before doing it, but then I was pretty glad that I didn't have to rage every time I died and start over...
Also, it's not cheating if it's in the game and it still gives you medals :D

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-31 18:09:02

At 5/31/10 01:32 PM, chris-marks wrote: FYI you can get 100,000 points in Human Centipede on level 2.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but why would you think so? I did exactly that (although I slipped up at points, killing some centipedes prematurely and ended up getting it at lvl 4) and I thought it was pretty obvious if you wanted to go for a high score...

Yep, got it at lvl 4 too. The secret medals seem to be a bit harder, haven't seen one of them yet up to lvl 9. Guess I have to play it a little bit longer. :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-31 18:21:08

At 5/31/10 06:09 PM, Nijsse wrote:
At 5/31/10 01:32 PM, chris-marks wrote: FYI you can get 100,000 points in Human Centipede on level 2.
Yep, got it at lvl 4 too. The secret medals seem to be a bit harder, haven't seen one of them yet up to lvl 9. Guess I have to play it a little bit longer. :)

One shows up around level 6 and up, the other shows up around level 13 and up. The latter is the hardest to get, but awesome if you have time to use it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-31 18:34:00

HUMAN CENTIPEDE WALKTHROUGH!

IT'S FUCKIN' HERE!
:D

Oppose and disagree!!!

Destroy Demonocracy!!!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-31 19:48:26

At 5/30/10 08:09 PM, EdyKel wrote:
Sure. Just go to the left side of the platform untill your almost off and hold down the jump button for 10 to 20 minutes - depends on the speed of your computer.

Thanks mate.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-31 23:04:53

for tetris'd did anyone else notice how near the end all the blocks are long straight pieces wouldnt that be ideal for wall jumps, queenofbabes do you remember what time period ingame you got the medal

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-05-31 23:27:56

Hey everyone. I have been obsessed with Cursed Treasure recently and I was wondering what you all recommend (if any) as a good tower/defense game with medals.

Thanks.

Wi/Ht Member #50 | Top 500 XP | Top 80 B/P! | Top 45 Protector | Top 125 VP

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-01 06:38:10

At 5/31/10 11:27 PM, zimzap wrote: Hey everyone. I have been obsessed with Cursed Treasure recently and I was wondering what you all recommend (if any) as a good tower/defense game with medals.

Thanks.

It would have been really good if Cursed Treasure had medals. That was a challenging game. There are no tower defense games exactly like Cursed Treasure with medals, but Arrow of Time and Bunny Invasion: Easter are similar.
Others may recommend "Narcolyxii", but in my opinion, that game is horrible and boring.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-01 06:47:04

At 6/1/10 06:38 AM, nosesocks wrote: Others may recommend "Narcolyxii", but in my opinion, that game is horrible and boring.

I agree Narcolyxii wasn't that great.

Out of the defense games listed above I thought Bunny Invasion: Easter was the most fun, so I would recommend that one. Arrow of Time was also a nice game, and so was D-Day defender but I remember that was a really hard game if you wanted to go for the medals.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-01 09:55:03

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-01 10:27:41

At 6/1/10 09:55 AM, WonderTheHedgehog wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/53 7877
They don't show up on the game page yet.

I have the following medals so far for this game:
Falling Toilet
Falling Llama
Angry Rock Basher
Hungry Hungry Homer
Free Faller

Anyone have any others?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-01 10:32:44

At 6/1/10 09:55 AM, WonderTheHedgehog wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/53 7877

Do the medal points work though?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-01 10:35:27

Also, I'm going for EON right now, and I want to get the "under par" definition cleared up. For gravity wells, under par means LESS than the par limit?? If so, zero par an exception? So, for example, par limit for level 3 is 2 wells. So if my solution needs 3 wells, I need to remove TWO just before the level ends? If I use chris-marks's solution for level 3, I need to remove THREE wells?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-01 10:36:22

At 6/1/10 10:32 AM, queenofbabes wrote:

Yes!, work perfectly!!

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-01 10:47:49

Here's a guide for Hot Ninja Moon Moon. Took damn long.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-01 11:00:43

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-01 11:59:35

At 6/1/10 10:36 AM, ugolegend94 wrote:
At 6/1/10 10:32 AM, queenofbabes wrote:
Yes!, work perfectly!!

Anyone test this on a slower machine yet? I'm finding the last 4-5 orbs near impossible on a newer machine. It might also have to do with the luck of the placement of the orbs (putting one between 4 boulder, a green, a purple, and a red just isn't fair).

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-01 12:07:04

Is anyone else getting really, really pissed off with how once you get to 9600ft there's usually no way through because giant boulders block everything? I've gotten there twice now, and I'm drinking more rageahol than Larry is because both times I've died from there literally not being any safe path.

Also, what do the ice boulders do? Any known effect?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-01 12:08:09

At 6/1/10 12:07 PM, chris-marks wrote: Is anyone else getting really, really pissed off with how once you get to 9600ft there's usually no way through because giant boulders block everything? I've gotten there twice now, and I'm drinking more rageahol than Larry is because both times I've died from there literally not being any safe path.

Also, what do the ice boulders do? Any known effect?

Ice boulders make your side to side movement much slower.
I just need to do the "Recovery" medal now.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-01 12:16:52

It's all about luck. Get one lucky run and you can get the gem, red orb, and bottom medal easily. The third rage is the best one to use to get the "smash 20 boulders in one rage" medal.