00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,636,160 Views | 29,795 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-19 11:17:00

At 2/19/10 09:26 AM, chris-marks wrote:
At 2/19/10 02:21 AM, Wylo wrote: Looks like I'm going to have to do some trimming on my list, I'm almost at the character limit for news .posts
I think I'd move the miscellaneous tips and Q&A sections to another post, and then link to it from the table of contents. That should free up a bunch of space in your post.

He could just make a new post altogether with the same information in it just a new list of games. If it works like that. Just post the link on the the first one.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-19 11:32:41

oh for fuck's sake, how do you beat the last level on Invisible Runner?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-19 11:40:45

At 2/19/10 11:32 AM, portalwarpedJP wrote: oh for fuck's sake, how do you beat the last level on Invisible Runner?

Our good old Sizzlebuzz made a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBrATvVCG z8

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-19 11:58:41

I managed to beat level 25 in Primary in 1 minute!

Was frustrating at first but there's some neat shortcuts once you have the flame jump.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-19 12:18:19

Upon loading level 25, it takes 10 seconds to load in. I got to the elevator and it takes 2 seconds to exit the level, I have beat this level at 2:01:00 several times. And now, on my best run, I got 2:00:10. A split fucking second.

These games that have real time clocks even though the games lag like hell on a good computer piss me off. I could beat this level in around a minute if it weren't so fucking slow. It's ridiculous. How are you supposed to be able to beat them? Buy a better computer?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-19 12:20:24

At 2/19/10 11:58 AM, matt-likes-swords wrote: I managed to beat level 25 in Primary in 1 minute!

Was frustrating at first but there's some neat shortcuts once you have the flame jump.

Yes, run to ice, put ice, jump to first ledge, jump to first second, jump to door. Red, white, red, white, enter second door. Third area, follow the path, get to moving floors, jump all the way to top. Place portal. Jump down, go to left, jump up to yellow platform. Jump to blue, jump to yellow, jump to locked door. Place second portal. Use portal, use ice, use portal. Then you use the elevator.

That's the easiest path I found. And I can't beat it because my computer can't run this game.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-19 12:47:47

At 2/19/10 11:58 AM, matt-likes-swords wrote: I managed to beat level 25 in Primary in 1 minute!

Once you get the flame jump the timed levels are so much easier. Just wait to do them until the end.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-19 13:46:03

The big shortcut at the third part of the stage amused me when I found it. I'll have to play this level at home where my computer doesn't suck like it does here at work. Medal game complete, here I come!

In other news, even with a laggy computer I was able to get every medal except speed run 3, so it's really not that bad. Now, a level 29 speed run... that would suck.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-19 16:33:42

At 2/19/10 01:46 PM, chris-marks wrote:

The big shortcut at the third part of the stage amused me when I found it. I'll have to play this level at home where my computer doesn't suck like it does here at work. Medal game complete, here I come!

In other news, even with a laggy computer I was able to get every medal except speed run 3, so it's really not that bad. Now, a level 29 speed run... that would suck.

I have tried several times to get speed run 3 and it's not possible with my computer. Brb, going to go buy a new one.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-19 17:18:57

Can someone tell the amount of crayons in each level? Thanks.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-19 17:31:13

At 2/19/10 05:18 PM, EpicBeardMan wrote: Can someone tell the amount of crayons in each level? Thanks.

one per level.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-19 17:31:34

At 2/19/10 05:18 PM, EpicBeardMan wrote: Can someone tell the amount of crayons in each level? Thanks.

Dunno if anyone can be arsed to count them, but you can try PMing the author...or wait for a full video walkthrough.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-19 17:34:46

At 2/19/10 04:33 PM, Sizzlebuzz wrote:
At 2/19/10 01:46 PM, chris-marks wrote:

I have tried several times to get speed run 3 and it's not possible with my computer. Brb, going to go buy a new one.

Here's a speedrun I did. It's not my best run (you can probably cut 10 seconds or so off it), but hopefully it helps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuxrE8iR6 -Y

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-19 17:35:41

By the way, I found out that on the time trial levels, if you start the level and then just quit to the menu, it gives you the medal.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-19 17:46:23

Since nobody else has done one yet, my Primary Medal Walkthrough is up.

Included are such things as optimal routes through the time trial levels, how to beat the boss, and crayon distribution.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-19 17:49:39

At 2/19/10 05:35 PM, EpicBeardMan wrote: By the way, I found out that on the time trial levels, if you start the level and then just quit to the menu, it gives you the medal.

just tested that, and it worked (on level 9). i feel kinda bad right now...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-19 17:57:59

At 2/19/10 05:49 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote:
At 2/19/10 05:35 PM, EpicBeardMan wrote: By the way, I found out that on the time trial levels, if you start the level and then just quit to the menu, it gives you the medal.
just tested that, and it worked (on level 9). i feel kinda bad right now...

If it works, I am doing it wish level 25 right now. Because my computer is too slow to complete it in under two minutes. I have hit 2:01 seven times, and 2:00:10 once. I start with the clock at 10 seconds. I can move my character at 14.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-19 18:04:22

One last tip: I'm pretty sure that the the crayons you collect go in order, so if you're missing one you can see which level you missed pretty easily.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-19 19:36:34

Any word on that commando game? Has anyone been able to gold the boss run?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-19 19:42:29

At 2/19/10 07:36 PM, Sizzlebuzz wrote: Any word on that commando game? Has anyone been able to gold the boss run?

Negative, I'm still trying to finish the game. Have most golds on the side missions though!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-19 20:18:55

At 2/19/10 07:42 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
At 2/19/10 07:36 PM, Sizzlebuzz wrote: Any word on that commando game? Has anyone been able to gold the boss run?
Negative, I'm still trying to finish the game. Have most golds on the side missions though!

My slow computer helped me on that one. I turned it up to high detail and got golds on most tries. Side missions are all about time and destroying as much as you can in that time.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-20 01:16:33

yeah, they're broken. Also, in other news I have gold medals on all boards and no ng medal; which means either it's broken (wouldn't be surprised) or you need all in-game medals. What really pisses me off is that some of the medals are like kill 15000 people; which means I have to kill like 30% more than I have so far. Also annoying are the hardcore device on all levels, although it should be doable if you go slow. Really unhappy with this game; way too tedious and long (to get the medals, not the game itself - which is great) and the medals aren't even working/clear.

I'm going to take a break, not sure when I'll come back to it. I hate it when medals wreck a game for me. I realize it's my own fault for caring about collecting stupid achievements; but I feel medals should enhance ones appreciation for the game, not take away from it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-20 10:56:38

Got 20 gold stars on Commando so far, this game is loooong but at least it's pretty awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-20 13:54:18

got all the medals from Farmbee.
the only tough part was that "outstanding!" one because i kept getting 209800 often.
pretty easy.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-20 13:56:35

At 2/20/10 01:54 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: got all the medals from Farmbee.
the only tough part was that "outstanding!" one because i kept getting 209800 often.
pretty easy.

I ended up getting that on my first play.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-20 16:15:35

At 2/20/10 01:56 PM, Sizzlebuzz wrote:
pretty easy.

that's because before the game was updated and fixed you started off with 190k points (as opposed to zero) when you played the day level set. Which means you only needed to get 20k to achieve that medal.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-20 16:18:00

Great. Just grrrrrrrreat. I didn't get the Primary Level 9 Time Trail medal on Newgrounds the first time I achieved it, but I got it ingame. The game is programmed that you can get each medal only once, that means after you got it ingame it refuses to send it to Newgrounds a second time. I also found no way to resend them and clearing the cache or sol files doesn't help either since it seems to be bound to your Newgrounds account. I'm starting to get sick of the Newgrounds medals. Shit like this doesn't happen on Kongregate.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-20 17:30:49

At 2/20/10 04:15 PM, greeneggs4spam wrote:
At 2/20/10 01:56 PM, Sizzlebuzz wrote:
pretty easy.
that's because before the game was updated and fixed you started off with 190k points (as opposed to zero) when you played the day level set. Which means you only needed to get 20k to achieve that medal.

Well yeah, making the game harder was only normal, the only hard thing to do in the old version was to actually NOT get a good score...also, the way you get medals is pretty dumb.
I mean, if you get the best score, why do you need to replay the game to get a lower score?Doesn't make sense.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-20 18:15:38

At 2/20/10 04:15 PM, greeneggs4spam wrote:

That is very possible. I remember that happening on the night level after I had played the day level.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-21 03:00:15

just noticed that I actually got the all gold medal badge in mechanical commando 2. It didn't pop up in game or on my profile right away, which is kind of confusing; but I guess you just need gold stars in all the missions since I don't have all the in-game medals (e.g. beat each level with hardcore device, 15k kills). So that's good news.