New Topic Respond to this Topic
PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 07:09 AM Reply

Lol i didnt win it.....game started lagging because of the screen recording and i ended up dying....i was very close to the boss though.

BBS Signature
PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 07:14 AM Reply

At 7/5/09 07:08 AM, iscrulz wrote: Nah screw that game only fucking idiots would try to beat the game just get the easy medal and FU2 it.

I dont like this attitude.
I'm going to be asking Tom if he can change the 127 death medal to be worth negative points.

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 07:15 AM Reply

At 7/5/09 07:08 AM, iscrulz wrote: Nah screw that game only fucking idiots would try to beat the game just get the easy medal and FU2 it. I have a feel once the medal system goes fully public that either they will give out free 100 point medals for pressing a button or make them damn near utterly impossible to get just to troll the medal sluts.

As much as l'd like to discagree l know that this will be pretty much how it will go..UNLESS we have a medal control untit, which would be totally awesome...
But l don't understand why people want to troll us so much...first OCD+, then this...

Double post lol
Double post FTW

Double post ^_^

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 07:17 AM Reply

At 7/5/09 07:14 AM, PiGPEN wrote: I dont like this attitude.
I'm going to be asking Tom if he can change the 127 death medal to be worth negative points.

He can't do this, this is really fucking stupid and YOU are really fucking stupid if you do this.
I don't really care for the 5 points, but l know that many artists will have the same idea.
And if negative medals are introduced the whole system will be fucked up for good.
And what do you mean by "I don't like this attitude?"
If you don't like it remove the medals and make everyone happy.
Jeez.

WritingPad
WritingPad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 07:22 AM Reply

wouldn't be so bad if there was a checkpoint in place and only one life. the only way to complete it is to know in advance what's coming up. I pretty much lost track of what you were doing in the video, you kept going into different teleports near the end and I got totally confused. I really don't feel like putting myself through enough emotional and mental pain to actually play that game.

WritingPad. |

BBS Signature
Another-User
Another-User
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 07:31 AM Reply

Let me get this straight:
Incredibly hard game comes out.
People bitch how hard it is.
Author says it's not that hard, uploads a video of him failing to beat the game, despite know exactly what to do everywhere.
People continue bitching about how hard it is.
Author begins getting annoyed, and reasons that it is best to piss off the stat-whore community even more.
People start bitching even more about how the game is both hard and the author is a dick.
Anything I missed?

Hello, I am Another-User, and I approve this message.
The unclickable link. O.o

BBS Signature
PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 07:36 AM Reply

At 7/5/09 07:31 AM, Another-User wrote: Author says it's not that hard, uploads a video of him failing to beat the game, despite know exactly what to do everywhere.

I never said it wasnt hard. In fact i expressly said it's the hardest game on NG.

BBS Signature
Another-User
Another-User
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 07:44 AM Reply

At 7/5/09 07:36 AM, PiGPEN wrote: I never said it wasnt hard. In fact i expressly said it's the hardest game on NG.

Sorry, but that position is already taken by "You have to Burn the Rope".
Amyway, some quote of yours I've found in your posts or game description include:

HEY STOP DYING AND YOU WONT SEE ADS! (Lol, upped it to 1 ad every 20 deaths to quiet the bitching. Seriously, what the hell guys.)
THE 127 DEATH MEDAL IS A BADGE OF FAILURE!
You could at least make the gap between the springs and land the size of a tile. :[

I take that back, you never said it was easy.
What you did say was basically "Lol, I'm glad I'm not a medal-whore!" and proceed with some sadism. And I'd congratulate you for trolling so many people so quickly, however OCD+ was both less fun and more frustrating as well as doing it earlier, so it just wouldn't be right in my mind.
Just remember, stat whores are some of the most bitter, angry, and whiny people on Earth. If people weren't around to write a bunch of guides a lot of them would most likely be in jail for a Spree killing. =/

BBS Signature
PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 07:55 AM Reply

Lol, ok.... but i like superhard games and i provided medals not for you statwhores but as a badge of honor for the few platforming-gods/masochists who will eventually be able to actually beat this game.

And it really isnt right to compare this to OCD+......OCD+ is like Takeshi's Challenge or that unreleased Penn & Teller game.....Lastman is like SMB2 or Makai Mura or any of those superhard mario hacks.
Learn the difference....it could save your life.

BBS Signature
Misterioso
Misterioso
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 07:58 AM Reply

Don't know how I did it but here it is.

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

Fluffington
Fluffington
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 07:59 AM Reply

At 7/5/09 07:44 AM, Another-User wrote: Just remember, stat whores are some of the most bitter, angry, and whiny people on Earth. If people weren't around to write a bunch of guides a lot of them would most likely be in jail for a Spree killing. =/

Well said.

Also this picture tell about how I feel about PiGPEN:

You know what would be really neat? These things actually being noticeable.

BBS Signature
Doomsday-One
Doomsday-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 08:01 AM Reply

At 7/5/09 07:31 AM, Another-User wrote: Author says it's not that hard, uploads a video of him failing to beat the game, despite know exactly what to do everywhere.

Developers don't need to beat the game; they just need to make it beatable.
The famed Konami Code came along because the person porting it found it too difficult for himself to play through.
I doubt PsychoGoldfish could earn Drunken Deity easily. And this, from where I'm standing, looks easier than that, considering that getting through obstacles will become second nature after a point.

Also, screen capturing software does lag up some computers by a significant amount. As PiGPEN had this, and little time to create a video, it's fair that he didn't win.
I have little doubt that he could win given enough chances.

However, I am against the negative medal point thing. Punishing people will just make people not play the game.

And that will cut someone's ad revenue!

By the way, when PiGPEN said "You could at least make the gap between the springs and land the size of a tile", he was commenting on how the image of the game 'looping' had been faked.

Doomsday-One, working on stuff better than preloaders. Marginally.

Fluffington
Fluffington
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 08:10 AM Reply

Actually, what I said wasn't nice, but I was under the impression that it is another author created a troll game for the lulz. And srly, they're not funny anymore. Make the game beatable or don't add medals in them.

You know what would be really neat? These things actually being noticeable.

BBS Signature
Another-User
Another-User
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 08:13 AM Reply

At 7/5/09 08:01 AM, Doomsday-One wrote: Developers don't need to beat the game; they just need to make it beatable.

Normally I would say yes, but this entire game is a trial and error game. If you know exactly what to do, you shouldn't have a problem with it.

The famed Konami Code came along because the person porting it found it too difficult for himself to play through.

Once again, this game is trial and error, whereas Contra was just a precursor to modern day bullet hell. >.>

I doubt PsychoGoldfish could earn Drunken Deity easily. And this, from where I'm standing, looks easier than that, considering that getting through obstacles will become second nature after a point.

Now how about if PsychoGoldfish wanted to make it work negative points for people who lose on easy mode? I would be all for people being pissed off at him.

Also, screen capturing software does lag up some computers by a significant amount. As PiGPEN had this, and little time to create a video, it's fair that he didn't win.

I'm just being bitter, I don't really mind he didn't win that quickly.

I have little doubt that he could win given enough chances.

So could I, and if we give infinite time into that equation, my cat can also. Can you name a single game that "Given enough chances" you still won't be able to win?

However, I am against the negative medal point thing. Punishing people will just make people not play the game.

Exactly. =P

By the way, when PiGPEN said "You could at least make the gap between the springs and land the size of a tile", he was commenting on how the image of the game 'looping' had been faked.

That makes sense, I was wondering what he meant by that. I had no idea that picture was faked, I just thought the person made a wrong turn somewhere. =P

BBS Signature
PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 08:20 AM Reply

At 7/5/09 07:58 AM, Misterioso wrote: Don't know how I did it but here it is.

Just proves you know how to ruin the ending by decompiling (or other such hackery).

BBS Signature
Starogre
Starogre
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 09:20 AM Reply

I'm sorry but you guys are all fucking idiots. The game is hard because he wanted it to be. Beating a challenging game is much more rewarding than beating tons of shitty easy ones. I love playing the hacked Super Mario World levels that are really hard to beat because the satisfaction of beating them is much greater than most of the easy as shit games on Newgrounds. And the medals are just something to show for it in case you weren't screenrecording yourself during that run.

Quit complaining that the author of the game made it for the 'lulz' because he spent a good amount of time on the level design and I spent a good amount of time on the additional box art stuff.

We shouldn't have to be posting in a forum corralling medal whores so congrats to those who beat the game and a big middle finger to those who think it's a huge ordeal and the game must be burned to hell for how hard it is. Grow a pair.

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature
Misterioso
Misterioso
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 10:24 AM Reply

At 7/5/09 08:20 AM, PiGPEN wrote:
Just proves you know how to ruin the ending by decompiling (or other such hackery).

Just shows how bad a programer you are because I got it when I died!!!

PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 11:38 AM Reply

If it had been a glitch it still would have show some text in the corner.
The lack of text from the dynamic text box means the image was extracted.

BBS Signature
Starogre
Starogre
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 11:45 AM Reply

Also I can't believe how many people are comparing this to OCD+. That game is complete crap. In fact, it's not even a game. It's pointless tasks and useless skillsets.

This game was meant to please the audience that likes hard games, not displease the medal-whore audience.

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Artist
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 12:27 PM Reply

so the question is... has anyone done it yet.. and if so is there a walk though to tell you what to do!

BBS Signature
iscrulz
iscrulz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 01:06 PM Reply

At 7/5/09 07:14 AM, PiGPEN wrote:
At 7/5/09 07:08 AM, iscrulz wrote: Nah screw that game only fucking idiots would try to beat the game just get the easy medal and FU2 it.
I dont like this attitude.

That would be cool if it could happen negative points. I think a hard medal to get would be clicking the ads 127 times, seeing as how people whiny and bitch about the advertising day and night.

At 7/5/09 12:27 PM, LegolaSS wrote: so the question is... has anyone done it yet.. and if so is there a walk though to tell you what to do!

Well even if there was one made, in time there will be I think it would be too hard to beat. I say go ahead and waste your time getting that precious medal.

£5 man slut for hire. Inquire within

Wi/Ht? #45

BBS Signature
EggSaladSandwich
EggSaladSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 01:14 PM Reply

So I got EPICHEROES(Beat the game with all 6 heroes) But never got my 4MUSKETEER medal for beating it with just 4...Any advice on a way I could get that short of clearing my saved data and re-doing 4 of the heroes?

PWJP
PWJP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 01:16 PM Reply

At 7/5/09 01:14 PM, EggSaladSandwich wrote: So I got EPICHEROES(Beat the game with all 6 heroes) But never got my 4MUSKETEER medal for beating it with just 4...Any advice on a way I could get that short of clearing my saved data and re-doing 4 of the heroes?

i think that medal is broken, so just wait.

KrevZabijak
KrevZabijak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 01:32 PM Reply

For all of you saying this game is challenging, it's as challenging as Runes of Whatever, or Duckhunt. Honestly. Where's the challenge in mindless jumping and landing?

Spewer was challenging. This is just bullshit.

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 02:12 PM Reply

At 7/5/09 01:32 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: Where's the challenge in mindless jumping and landing?

Where's the challenge in mindless jumping and landing?
mindless jumping and landing

BBS Signature
KrevZabijak
KrevZabijak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 02:26 PM Reply

At 7/5/09 02:12 PM, PiGPEN wrote: whargarbl

Hey!!! PiGPEN just made a game with medals involving Luigi and/or Mario!! You heard it here first, see his above post for a screenshot!!!!
I had no idea!!!! Since when?

Thanks for letting us know with that informative post completely relevant to the point I was making, and double thanks for your well-worded explanation and point/counterpoint disassembling soliloquy of eloquence that so daintily extrapolated on the chaotic nature of medal games and th... oh wait sorry, you just quoted and chopped like a /b/tard.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

EggSaladSandwich
EggSaladSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 02:31 PM Reply

I don't think that lastman is bullshit, persay but I do think the controls are kind of sketchy. I could care less about good graphics. The ad's were terrible and are now at least a little better. I just wonder...has any major brand of disinfectant or germ killer (whatever that mochi ad is) ever made noticable profitby advertising on a flash game? If anything the irritaion that would come with playing this game coupled with the ad taking time out of me trying to beat the game, I would probably buy a competing brand. I understand that the Ad rep from that specific company isn't talking directly to Pigpen and saying sure we'll advertise on last man. But they should think about those things!

gdfsgdfg
gdfsgdfg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 02:33 PM Reply

epic war 3 is glitched
4MUKETEEER IS BROKEN
and i completed the game 100%
and i only have 29 cards

the real newgrounds gold

BBS Signature
Starogre
Starogre
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 02:36 PM Reply

At 7/5/09 02:26 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: whargarbl

Hey, KrevZabijak (whatever the fuck that means) just made a reply to PiGPEN's post but offered no counter point in the entire thing! Maybe he could learn a thing or two about making games and suggest constructive criticism next time!

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Jul. 5th, 2009 @ 02:40 PM Reply

At 7/5/09 01:32 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: Where's the challenge in mindless jumping and landing?
Spewer was challenging. This is just bullshit.

Depends on how exactly you define "challenging".

All plattformers are "mindless jumping and landing" and yet I bet some of them are so challenging that you can't beat them without practicing hard.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)