00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,635,843 Views | 29,794 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-21 21:10:25

At 6/21/11 11:46 AM, ixfd64 wrote: This game has medals, although they aren't visible yet:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 2933

As far as I can tell, this horrible game does not have medals. I played it from beginning to end, clicked all the ads, tabbed around. I wish I didn't waste a half hour of my life playing it.

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-21 22:52:55

At 6/21/11 09:10 PM, waynerz99 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 2933
As far as I can tell, this horrible game does not have medals. I played it from beginning to end, clicked all the ads, tabbed around. I wish I didn't waste a half hour of my life playing it.

Did you figure out how to open those lock thingies in each level? I haven't the slightest idea on how to do it (tried using the hook, jumping on it, nothing worked), but I think those might be the medals, because the author of the game has three reguarding "finding the secret" in each area.

If anyone's done it, could you let us know if that's the case? And maybe how to open the damn things? :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-22 01:22:12

Can somebody pm me where the secret engine room is in blobs adventure? If I recall, somebody said it was on level 3 or 4?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-22 01:35:10

At 6/21/11 10:52 PM, SFS1313 wrote:
At 6/21/11 09:10 PM, waynerz99 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 2933
Did you figure out how to open those lock thingies in each level? I haven't the slightest idea on how to do it (tried using the hook, jumping on it, nothing worked), but I think those might be the medals, because the author of the game has three reguarding "finding the secret" in each area.

If anyone's done it, could you let us know if that's the case? And maybe how to open the damn things? :)

Yeah, I figured them out. You have to find and grab the key in each level for them. Not sure if I should tell where they are in this post since they lead to secret rooms... I will say that you can see them swinging on a line. Not sure where the last one is, though. I found it by dumb luck by stretching the arms out wildly.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-22 01:45:22

At 6/22/11 01:22 AM, waynerz99 wrote: Can somebody pm me where the secret engine room is in blobs adventure? If I recall, somebody said it was on level 3 or 4?

It's not a secret medal, so I shall say that it's found in the first castle room.

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-22 01:46:08

At 6/21/11 01:12 PM, waynerz99 wrote:
At 6/21/11 01:46 AM, Knuckstrike wrote: If anybody wants to know what it is, the author of the 'Dillo hills game, fexLabs, has the secret medal.
Can't believe I didn't think of this myself lol. Also, is it strange that fexlabs only has 10 medal points but has every medal from his game? Can we assume that the points from dillo hills don't add to your total?

Howdy, folks! The reason I've only got 10 medals points is because I earned most of the medals during testing, before they were approved for points. I'm not sure when/if my profile will be updated. :P

"El Diablo" is a VERY difficult hat to obtain, and I am almost certainly going to change it to only 12 consecutive perfects some time in the next few days. With that said, however, it is possible, and I want to give folks a couple more days to get it "pre-nerf" before I change anything!

The trick is to stay low and take advantage of short, quick jumps, instead of doing the long, sweeping jumps that you would normally want to do on Zone 6. Do your best to avoid crystals, and stutter the glide and dive buttons if you start going too fast to slow yourself down. After that, it's mostly just a matter of timing, luck, and practice. I've done it at least twice during testing, and I just went back and tried again tonight and missed it by two perfects because I screwed up at the end. ><

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-22 02:05:29

At 6/22/11 01:46 AM, fexLabs wrote:

"El Diablo" is a VERY difficult hat to obtain, and I am almost certainly going to change it to only 12 consecutive perfects some time in the next few days. With that said, however, it is possible, and I want to give folks a couple more days to get it "pre-nerf" before I change anything!

If your going to nerf the medal then why not make it 10 times instead of 20? :)

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-22 02:08:28

At 6/22/11 01:46 AM, fexLabs wrote: Howdy, folks! The reason I've only got 10 medals points is because I earned most of the medals during testing, before they were approved for points. I'm not sure when/if my profile will be updated. :P

The trick is to stay low and take advantage of short, quick jumps, instead of doing the long, sweeping jumps that you would normally want to do on Zone 6. Do your best to avoid crystals, and stutter the glide and dive buttons if you start going too fast to slow yourself down. After that, it's mostly just a matter of timing, luck, and practice. I've done it at least twice during testing, and I just went back and tried again tonight and missed it by two perfects because I screwed up at the end. ><

I won't lie, your challenges are pretty difficult =P Though I think El Diablo may be a bit too luck based in its current state, in part due to where the crystals are, and the type of terrain you get. Getting 20 jumps is not an easy feat; getting 20 perfect jumps in a row is much more staggering. I would know this because I sometimes record myself. I can consistently do all the other challenges if I wish however, which shows how much of a bastard El Diablo is xD

Also, any fixies for the medals? It seems like the method that your game uses to count your stats is very screwed up. I can only get the medals to register and send in Zen mode, and even then, it makes no sense. How come I don't even have the silver Perfect Jumps medal when I have the 2k perfect jumps hat unlocked? And after a certain point, the medals just stopped sending for some reason. Even Birdmageddon is being a dick to me now =(

Overall, you have a great game and it rocks! But I'll leave the praise and criticism for my review, not here.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-22 04:03:41

Okay, I'm throwing the 3x Shroom bounce medal into the pile of medals that don't work properly >_> I just did it in Zone 4, and I'm very sure I didn't clip a hill.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-22 05:53:41

At 6/22/11 04:03 AM, Fooliolo wrote: Okay, I'm throwing the 3x Shroom bounce medal into the pile of medals that don't work properly >_> I just did it in Zone 4, and I'm very sure I didn't clip a hill.

Yeah, I really hope fexLabs will look into that, because other than the broken medals, the game is really awesome and challenging. What I've seen so far, is that every medal with a white/yellow background doesn't work (for me, at least). Also, Birdmageddon didn't work, and like you said, the mushroon medal seems to be broken. I also have just the El Diablo hat left, it seems to be really luck based, really hard, and really annoying to beat the first 5 levels over and over again before you can give it another shot.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-22 09:35:03

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-22 10:22:20

At 6/22/11 05:53 AM, Nijsse wrote:
At 6/22/11 04:03 AM, Fooliolo wrote: Okay, I'm throwing the 3x Shroom bounce medal into the pile of medals that don't work properly >_> I just did it in Zone 4, and I'm very sure I didn't clip a hill.
Yeah, I really hope fexLabs will look into that, because other than the broken medals, the game is really awesome and challenging. What I've seen so far, is that every medal with a white/yellow background doesn't work (for me, at least). Also, Birdmageddon didn't work, and like you said, the mushroon medal seems to be broken. I also have just the El Diablo hat left, it seems to be really luck based, really hard, and really annoying to beat the first 5 levels over and over again before you can give it another shot.

I'll definitely look into this. It's possible that some of the lower badges aren't sending because you qualified for them before the game's badges were activated. I'm not sure why entering zen mode would change anything, but I'll be sure to look into that issue, too. :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-22 11:44:53

At 6/21/11 09:10 PM, waynerz99 wrote:
At 6/21/11 11:46 AM, ixfd64 wrote: This game has medals, although they aren't visible yet:
As far as I can tell, this horrible game does not have medals. I played it from beginning to end, clicked all the ads, tabbed around.

The medals show up now.

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-22 13:22:25

At 6/22/11 04:54 AM, skiller12 wrote: WRONG!
The game has at least 3 medals given by finding secrets. Because i dont know if they will be secret medals or not, first 3 stages have secret rooms.
First one is opened by hitting thing that has wires coming out, it should be on some wall
Second one is most obvious, it is key which you cant miss
Third one is pain to find, you have to search for rope that is too thin to be found out. It is in last tree iirc

You can check my profile to see that the game HAS medals. Also, every medal is 50 points, doesnt show on game page, but it has pop-ups and shows in profile.

Much appreciated with the assist, Skiller. For some reason, I never even noticed the keys, but did notice the locks. I feel like a total goon now for never seeing them.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-22 14:24:49

At 6/22/11 01:22 PM, SFS1313 wrote:
At 6/22/11 04:54 AM, skiller12 wrote: WRONG!
The game has at least 3 medals given by finding secrets. Because i dont know if they will be secret medals or not, first 3 stages have secret rooms.
First one is opened by hitting thing that has wires coming out, it should be on some wall
Second one is most obvious, it is key which you cant miss
Third one is pain to find, you have to search for rope that is too thin to be found out. It is in last tree iirc

You can check my profile to see that the game HAS medals. Also, every medal is 50 points, doesnt show on game page, but it has pop-ups and shows in profile.
Much appreciated with the assist, Skiller. For some reason, I never even noticed the keys, but did notice the locks. I feel like a total goon now for never seeing them.

Third one was by far the difficult one to find, being hidden up in the treetops (but still visible) near the locked gate. The other two were more or less in plain sight if you have attention for detail.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-22 19:01:18

For some reason I didn't get "Professional Bird Stomper" in Dillo Hills. When I clearly stomped on more than 250 birds, as you can see, I have the in-game achievement "Cabby".

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-22 20:12:43

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znze1OJLu Cw

OH YOU SON OF A BITCH COLLISION DETECTION!! This is the closest I've gotten for El Diablo. Something screws up on the 2nd jump, and the 19th jump didn't count either. The next closest I've done to performing the feat (and the catalyst for this post) involves being 2 jumps short of an otherwise perfect chain.

At 6/22/11 07:01 PM, Hacsev wrote: For some reason I didn't get "Professional Bird Stomper" in Dillo Hills. When I clearly stomped on more than 250 birds, as you can see, I have the in-game achievement "Cabby".

Welcome to the club sir. It's been a hot topic for the past page or two. Oh, and I don't want to hear the "I didn't read" excuse. I've already assumed that, and it's boring hearing it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-23 00:11:59

This post is about Dillo Hills again! What a surprise!

I found one source problem with how to get the medals. One of the .sol files associated with the game, DHD.sol, tracks all the stats of your game. What I saw was that all the stats like birds killed, perfect jumps, etc. were all capped at the values required to unlock the hats.

So I scrapped the file (you'll lose all your progress) and replayed the game in Zen mode, and I just got the Hobbyist Pilot medal. Chances are, most of the other medals will be obtainable once again by using this method.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-23 07:30:51

At 6/23/11 12:11 AM, Fooliolo wrote: This post is about Dillo Hills again! What a surprise!

I found one source problem with how to get the medals.

Yeah I thought of the same thing. It seemed to be a very promising solution, but after 2 medals it just stopped working again for me. It's even weirder that I used the same method as you, but you were able to get a few more medals. I'm probably going to wait for an update by the author now.

On a side note, the Mein Kampf medal doesn't seem to work for Super Morse Code RPG. I haven't seen anyone with it yet, and lots of people have the medal you get for beating the enemy after you beat Hitler. Very fun concept though!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-23 12:15:29

At 6/23/11 07:30 AM, Nijsse wrote:
At 6/23/11 12:11 AM, Fooliolo wrote: This post is about Dillo Hills again! What a surprise!

I found one source problem with how to get the medals.
Yeah I thought of the same thing. It seemed to be a very promising solution, but after 2 medals it just stopped working again for me. It's even weirder that I used the same method as you, but you were able to get a few more medals. I'm probably going to wait for an update by the author now.

I would suggest not playing it all in one go. I've been monitoring my progress real closely, and somewhere along the way, it borked. I refreshed the page, and after having gotten the Hobbyist Bird Stomper, I'm at 130+ birds killed.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-24 02:48:52

Playing Epic Battle Fantasy 2 on epic mode, hoping that the final battle wouldn't screw me over. The fking tank summons 7 nukes, back to back. SEVEN! What. The. Fuck!

But I survived them all and thankfully all my counters + random bombing on steroids made the battle over quickly. Stupid balance of power was more out of control in this game than EBF1 or 3.

I'll be remembering that one for months.

Anyways, how to score high on minigame 1? I've tried and tried, but I can never break 5k =(

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-24 04:04:14

in the game "Robinson Crusoe: The Game" where is wilson?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-24 08:45:09

At 6/24/11 05:56 AM, skiller12 wrote:
At 6/24/11 04:04 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: in the game "Robinson Crusoe: The Game" where is wilson?
Little to right when you found fishing rod, but you have to wait until i-dont-know-which day to actually see it

The earliest I've found it is day eight.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-24 09:39:42

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-24 10:01:05

At 6/24/11 08:45 AM, Knuckstrike wrote:
The earliest I've found it is day eight.

I found it seconds before the end of the game.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-24 11:17:19

At 6/24/11 08:45 AM, Knuckstrike wrote: The earliest I've found it is day eight.

I also found Wilson in day 8, thanks for the help!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-24 14:01:36

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-24 17:38:48

At 6/24/11 02:01 PM, Hacsev wrote: Medals got approved during the bradcast!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 9971

I don't approve of this becoming the "norm" without some extensive discussion, context, etc.

Answers are found on page 718 btw.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-24 19:51:38

Any hints as to the second secret medal you'd like to give, Hacsev?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-24 20:25:11

At 6/24/11 07:51 PM, SFS1313 wrote:
Any hints as to the second secret medal you'd like to give, Hacsev?

If I gave you hints for that one, it would be fairly easy to figure it out. I PM'ed you, though.

BBS Signature