00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CloudSavage just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Kinsei01's Art Thread

119,544 Views | 1,487 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-11-13 21:34:45

At 11/13/11 08:50 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 11/13/11 08:39 PM, MajesticBob wrote: Even stone Golems submit to the wrath of Taco Bell.
new meaning to the words "Shit a brick" eh?

And HOW!

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-11-25 22:29:22

Yay some Updates

Including some of that digital inking that Qb hates so much :3

Kinsei01's Art Thread

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-11-25 22:31:03

3 Point Perspective sketch

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-11-25 22:34:57

A dynamic pose I drew from some reference, but I couldn't think of anything to do with it.
I was thinking of working it in to Raven from Teen Titans.

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-11-25 22:39:02

An Ink I did of this stylized girl's face I did.
I already fixed a couple problems with it, but I'm sure their are more than I have missed though.

Yeah Qb, go for the rage, go for it :3

Also Since I am in the swing of singling out Qb at the moment. Looking at that last dynamic pose I posted, I was trying a new style of nose. So any thoughts?

This one's nose just kind of simple and not that good per usual.

In other news. I hope to update my website some time this weekend.

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-11-25 22:46:59

At 11/25/11 10:29 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Yay some Updates

ooh purdy, must colour, any idea what this is for, or just random practice

At 11/25/11 10:31 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: 3 Point Perspective sketch

the perspective is a bit dodgy in some places, doorway closest to the viewer mostly, but other than that its pulled off well

At 11/25/11 10:34 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: A dynamic pose I drew from some reference, but I couldn't think of anything to do with it.

i can see that working best with the cape flowing over the shoulder, cant see any glaring flaws with it as it stands

At 11/25/11 10:39 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: An Ink I did of this stylized girl's face I did.

apart from the nose, which you already know about, the lips look a bit wierd because of the lack of detail, same for the bit between lips and nose, makes it look awfully flat, the nose would look fine if that was fixed

some good work here kinsei, im not just saying that because im trying to post more

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-11-26 00:09:40

At 11/25/11 10:46 PM, Ashman wrote:
At 11/25/11 10:29 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Yay some Updates
ooh purdy, must colour, any idea what this is for, or just random practice

At 11/25/11 10:31 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: 3 Point Perspective sketch
the perspective is a bit dodgy in some places, doorway closest to the viewer mostly, but other than that its pulled off well

At 11/25/11 10:34 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: A dynamic pose I drew from some reference, but I couldn't think of anything to do with it.
i can see that working best with the cape flowing over the shoulder, cant see any glaring flaws with it as it stands

At 11/25/11 10:39 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: An Ink I did of this stylized girl's face I did.
apart from the nose, which you already know about, the lips look a bit wierd because of the lack of detail, same for the bit between lips and nose, makes it look awfully flat, the nose would look fine if that was fixed

some good work here kinsei, im not just saying that because im trying to post more

Thanks Ash. Although their is one thing on the dynamic pose that a friend and I agreed on the other day and that was that the neck was a little long.

As for the perspective piece. I didn't think things would be off by too much. I should have just layed in my basic shapes and then went over it again with some marker paper and/or a light box. In my last few perspective pieces, I have been trying to break the limitations of the paper size by moving the banishing points well off the page. Small bits of masking tape and a Sharpie do wonders, but it does leave my vanishing points a little loose.

The girls face, I was actually trying to have the it just be a bottom lip on her smile and that other blank space be a open mouth. In the original sketch it translates better, not so much in the ink. But good point about it being a little flat.
As for the blade at the top. I'm not sure what I want to do with it. My last dagger hardly got any sort of notice, so I'm surprised that this one got you to say something. Funny enough, I was told that my last dagger wasn't scifi or fantasy enough for Elfwood, and it got put in the "Other Works" section.

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-11-26 00:17:42

Alright, a few more sketches here.

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-11-26 00:23:36

Ever wonder what it would be like if the Fonz was a pencil?
Well, you can stop wondering.

Yeah He'd be a 2H cause that is one hard sexy mother, while being soft enough for the ladies ~_^

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-11-26 11:40:21

At 11/26/11 12:23 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: Ever wonder what it would be like if the Fonz was a pencil?
Yeah He'd be a 2H cause that is one hard sexy mother, while being soft enough for the ladies ~_^

He shoulda been an F :/

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-11-26 11:54:43

At 11/26/11 11:40 AM, Kashi wrote:
At 11/26/11 12:23 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: Ever wonder what it would be like if the Fonz was a pencil?

Hey, Its cool, cause the Fonz is here :3

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-11-26 11:55:39

At 11/12/11 12:34 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: Just doing some sketching
She-Golem
I got the pose from a model and just went with it.
Again I skimped on the hands and omitted the feet. I gotta work on those.

Hmm sort of gives you a proper insight on the Female Musculature doesnt it?

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-11-26 12:20:28

At 11/26/11 11:55 AM, argile wrote:
At 11/12/11 12:34 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: Just doing some sketching
She-Golem
I got the pose from a model and just went with it.
Again I skimped on the hands and omitted the feet. I gotta work on those.
Hmm sort of gives you a proper insight on the Female Musculature doesnt it?

Indeed it does. I have been working on my female anatomy more lately, but I still have a long way to go.

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-11-27 11:27:18

At 11/26/11 11:40 AM, Kashi wrote:

He should've been an Eh

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-12-04 23:44:54

Guess I never posted this. It was done right after my computer graphics card went out.

Its where I learned about my 4000-ish poly limit.

I pulled the reference from a couple of similar 3D Pistol guns out there. Some of them were so similar to each other I assumed that they all came from the same base or reference themselves.
I started an unwrap, but never finished it. Partly due to the computer not cooperating, partly do to procrastination.

Once I get a better computer, I will get back in to 3D.

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-12-05 00:07:49

Yes! Now I want to see more of your 3D works.

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-12-05 00:49:58

At 12/4/11 11:44 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Guess I never posted this. It was done right after my computer graphics card went out.

Interesting gun, though it seems a bit too weighted at the front, would probably cause some issues with aiming and firing.

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-12-05 12:50:25

At 12/5/11 12:07 AM, Whistler3D wrote: Yes! Now I want to see more of your 3D works.

Thanks man, I want to do more and post more, but I don't have much of a choice but to put it on the back burner for the moment..

At 12/5/11 12:49 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 12/4/11 11:44 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Guess I never posted this. It was done right after my computer graphics card went out.
Interesting gun, though it seems a bit too weighted at the front, would probably cause some issues with aiming and firing.

I was thinking a bit of the same thing originally, It seemed to kind of be the style and went along with the reference I was drawing and looking at. Ahh well, we can call it the Pacifist, you aim for the head and hit the kneecaps. You know, cause the good book is a little fuzzy on the subject of kneecaps.

At 12/5/11 05:01 AM, Larkatosa wrote: Dear little Kinsei. I think you are getting in a trap where you draw in the same way over and over. You are improving! I like the anatomy on your She-golem, even if it is a bit fonky at places and her hands looks like they were made in the original Sims series. :P

3 point view. The doorframe on the right should have a bit less dramatic leaning lines. More straight on the left side of the door frame. And the window on the second house should have its lines flow with the curve of the lines on the front side of the house. Since it is one the same point of view just further away.
Otherwise I must say it looks great. You are good with perspective. I would like to see more landscape drawings from you. :3

Your dynamic pose. I like it. What I meant when I said you are getting trapped in drawing in the same way over and over? This is not like that. It is different than the others. Soft more curved lines on her torso. I like it. I know you are a rebellion among pencils. But I think it is time to try some new ones. Try to get used to draw with much softer pencil. Yes .. I know that is for wusses. But it would give you a much needed change.

The stylized girls face. Ahh, I really like this one. Her face should be more in the middle right now it is jutting a bit out towards her ear. Otherwise I think it looks pretty awesome! Me liek :D

Your face sketches. They show improvement. But I still think you need to change your use of media. You need something new and fresh so you won't get trapped with old ways of doing things. I know you like your pencils! But trying something new will be a fresh start, a new try to make it right from the beginning. Still, this is up to you. I can't make you do anything you don't want! :P

I am awful at 3D art and wont even try to say something useful since I have no idea how that stuff works..
I think it looks epic! (not as epic as the Charging mah laazaaah! 3D ragdoll you did, but still)

Good work Kinsei! Post more soon! :)

Yay! In depth comments!
When you started to mention that I was getting trapped in the same way of drawing, I tough you were talking about the lack of hands and feet that I always seem to do. Although that is a problem of mine, I realize what you were actually talking about.
I should do some more medium switching.
I had a friend who drew with a different color pencil each week. She said that it kept her from getting too comfortable with a single color. Ever since then I carry a Rouge Quadrichromie and a Cerulean Blue in my pencil case. Sadly though I don't use them very often. Perhaps I should.

the colors actually don't matter to me, I just chose two colors that were on different ends of the spectrum.

I'll try and change things up more in he future. I'll also practice more on hands, feet and faces.

BBS Signature