00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Kinsei01's Art Thread

119,440 Views | 1,487 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-06-12 15:31:18

At 6/12/11 03:24 PM, VividGrim wrote: I like the colours and the grunginess. Is it supposed to be anything in particular?

Man, I am really off my game today. Usually I'm better about checking for new post rather than this individual response thing.

it probably has something to do with me destroying my mouse yesterday....

Anyway..... I was trying to draw fruit lol Guess I botched that one right? As for the grunge, it is kind of a result of the program, But it's looseness and sketching algorithm is why so many like it, or at least why I like it.

Here give it a try it's browser based, so no worries, right?

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-06-13 12:29:29

Wow, I already got my new mouse in. Oh it feels good to have the old standby back.
Now I can get back to work on some projects..... and then to procrastinate on those projects... :D
Life is good once again.

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-06-13 14:23:30

At 6/12/11 03:21 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Here is some practice done in Harmony

waaay diff than your other stuff.
i like i like

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-06-19 15:32:58

Kinseeeiiii
I really love that simple design you have back there. Symbols are awesome :D

Also your inkwork has gotten better, really like that like the orange knight!

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-06-28 18:27:22

At 6/19/11 03:32 PM, Armaina wrote: Kinseeeiiii
I really love that simple design you have back there. Symbols are awesome :D

Also your inkwork has gotten better, really like that like the orange knight!

Thanks I am actually pleased with how my lineart is developing, and it seems so is everyone else which is good.

So on to new things.
I have been setting on this for about a week now, needing to ink it. And I finally got it inked.
So I hope you lol just a little over this
High res

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-06-28 18:44:53

At 6/12/11 12:37 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: Me and my mouse had a disagreement earlier.... I was in stickam when it happened too. Too bad I wasn't on mic, you guys would have lol'd

Baraka WINS! Fatality.

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-06-28 19:39:02

At 6/28/11 06:44 PM, MajesticBob wrote:
At 6/12/11 12:37 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: Me and my mouse had a disagreement earlier.... I was in stickam when it happened too. Too bad I wasn't on mic, you guys would have lol'd
Baraka WINS! Fatality.

lets hope that mouse two last more than 3 years :P

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-06-29 01:00:53

At 6/28/11 07:39 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 6/28/11 06:44 PM, MajesticBob wrote:
Baraka WINS! Fatality.
lets hope that mouse two last more than 3 years :P

I always wanted to make a "SteamPunk" mouse. Biggest problem? Finding old timey typewriter keys...

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-07-25 19:18:30

Woo. 3 updates!
I have been way too lazy lately.
First up, I saw a building in a comic the other day and it was in a 3 point perspective, and since I had been thinking about perspective lately, I decided it was a Sign from the Almighty Cthulhu to be drawing my own. So I did a smaller, custom version of the building.
I hadn't done any serious perspective in a while so it took a couple of failed attempts to to get what I wanted.
I want to tackle a bigger perspective project, but my procrastination will most likely get in the way like usual.

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-07-25 19:23:10

Second. A mans face from that portrait-photos.org place.
I really screwed up his entire right side as well as his eyes.

the glasses aren't great either

Its got some pretty bad flaws over all to be completely transparent about it. But the dude's Epic face just begged to be drawn.

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-07-25 19:26:06

And let the D&D Flow like Heavenly nectar..... well sort of
A buddy and I were discussing the next dungeon last night and I mentioned he should have more some good puzzles. I told him that I had this stone console in mind that we could use. so here is a quick ink of the prop.

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-07-27 18:14:19

Damn guys, you need to at least say something or I'm going to start making random stuff up to feed my ego.

Stuff like "my work is so awesome that you guys are too scared to criticize my godly perfection" :P
that should rake in someone >:D

Anyway, off the high horse.
Still playing with perspective. I have forgotten that stairs are a little tricky to get proportionate perspective, especially in 3 point.
But since stairs might be needed for a project in the future, I have been practicing all afternoon

I got smart enough to build a template finally .... >.>..

So yeah..... Let those comments roll.... >:3

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-08-02 20:43:50

I'll be uploading some work when I get back later tonight, but here is a small taste for now >:3

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-08-02 20:51:12

Very good perspective practice stuff! I like it very much.

At 7/25/11 07:23 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:

The dude's Epic face just begged to be drawn.

Indeed it's a pretty epic face!
I say you should try adding more contrast on the shadows, and maybe making the glasses not too dark, since now they look a bit like sunglasses to me.

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-08-02 21:06:38

At 8/2/11 08:43 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: I'll be uploading some work when I get back later tonight, but here is a small taste for now >:3

I like that axe, looks pretty awesome i think. also i am really liking that building perspective. i need to work on my perspective -__- tis quite annoying.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-08-02 21:10:54

I always thought 3 point perspective was a bit ridiculous. 2 point is basically how we see things. 3 point makes it look all fish eye.

if you don't have anything interesting to say, don't say anything at all

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-08-03 02:15:26

Really guys? I tell you, my thread gets all the action AFTER I leave.... no really :P
I toss something up in a hurry and NOW I get comments when I am not here?
What, does someone watch and wait for me to leave something :P
Yeah I see how it is lol.

At 8/2/11 08:51 PM, MasterMerol wrote: I say you should try adding more contrast on the shadows, and maybe making the glasses not too dark, since now they look a bit like sunglasses to me.

That was something my teachers always got on to me about was the contrast. Constantly bugging me about getting my shadows dark and black, and my highlights white. Although I tried my best, I gained little ground on getting better at it. I am better than I used to be, mostly thanks to broadening my selection of tools, but I know I still have a long way to go. Thanks for mentioning that, I should do more still life and life drawing to keep practicing.

At 8/2/11 09:06 PM, Ramatsu wrote: I like that axe, looks pretty awesome i think. also i am really liking that building perspective. i need to work on my perspective -__- tis quite annoying.

Thanks. I think I'll do another axe in perspective. I'm honestly not that great at axes, I have had more practice at blades, but since my current D&D character wields hammers and axes, I should get the practice in.
Good luck on working on your own perspective.

At 8/2/11 09:10 PM, falz3333 wrote: I always thought 3 point perspective was a bit ridiculous. 2 point is basically how we see things. 3 point makes it look all fish eye.

Actually, we have an infinite amount of vanishing points that are constantly moving as we move. Simplifying it down to two or three is just to keep artist sane. People who don't have large structures near them seem like they only have 2, but when you get to something on a much grander scale it gets more noticeable of more.
Also 3pts looks badass as hell if done right.... I am not to that point yet... but I hope to be one day.

Ok for my next pic I saw this orc/troll thingy in a book, and I wanted to draw one swinging an axe, or something. This was my first rough, and I went the orc route. His back came too stiff and not conveying the motion or power I wanted.The face also doesn't quite hold the rage I wanted either. So I made a second which will come in the next post...

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-08-03 02:18:26

At 8/3/11 02:15 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: Ok for my next pic I saw this orc/troll thingy in a book, and I wanted to draw one swinging an axe, or something. This was my first rough, and I went the orc route. His back came too stiff and not conveying the motion or power I wanted.The face also doesn't quite hold the rage I wanted either. So I made a second which will come in the next post...

Now this is the second one. I got the motion and emotion more to my liking. I didn't go as styled on the axe with this one that I did with the last one, and I kind liked the first one's forehead a little more. Also the hands are a bit better than the last, but not by much. The bicep and the forearm still feel a little wonky.
This one the shading really helps it pop a little.

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-08-03 02:25:55

At 8/3/11 02:18 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: Now this is the second one. I got the motion and emotion more to my liking. I didn't go as styled on the axe with this one that I did with the last one, and I kind liked the first one's forehead a little more. Also the hands are a bit better than the last, but not by much. The bicep and the forearm still feel a little wonky.
This one the shading really helps it pop a little.

I might have to try a 3rd time, but I'm a little divided since I have no real intentions of taking this beyond a sketch. Ahh time will tell. I am getting much better about using a work flow and more roughs. I used to be very, very impatient and just take the first thing that came out even if it looked nothing like I originally wanted it to.

Now this little implosion came about the other day after working on something else. I just started letting my pen flow with a song playing in my head. I soon realized that my hand was urging me to do another self portrait. well sort of.
After a bit, I started to add a couple of my own features to it and I just kind of ended with this. its not exact or anything, so I guess I just imposed my self on to the sketch
Its not much, and not worth much merit either, but hey its a sketch, and I need thread filler. :P Right?

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-08-04 18:46:48

I fail at drawing axes....

Must..... keep..... trying..... :'(

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-08-04 18:50:44

At 8/4/11 06:46 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: I fail at drawing axes....
Must..... keep..... trying..... :'(

Nice bump.

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-08-04 20:08:39

At 8/3/11 02:25 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: Its not much, and not worth much merit either, but hey its a sketch, and I need thread filler. :P Right?

This is quite a long thread, Quincy.

Random name made up on the spot FTW!

I think that the right eye (our left) is really weird though. like, not following the plane of the rest of the face, and such.
Idk, but play around with it for me, will ya? :3

Please don't take that last sentence out of context.

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-08-04 20:14:28

At 8/4/11 08:08 PM, Kashi wrote:
At 8/3/11 02:25 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: Its not much, and not worth much merit either, but hey its a sketch, and I need thread filler. :P Right?
This is quite a long thread, Quincy.
Random name made up on the spot FTW!

Not long enough >:P... and Quincy? Really?

I think that the right eye (our left) is really weird though. like, not following the plane of the rest of the face, and such.

The random face was very much improvised, so the structure is all over the place.
Unless your talking about the orc.... cause his eyes are fucked up as well....

Idk, but play around with it for me, will ya? :3

>:D.....

Please don't take that last sentence out of context.

>:(....

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-08-18 12:50:58

Bump time!
A little background of why I am doing this. A job, that simple.
I haven't done any photo manipulation in a while so I figured that I should try and brush up on my skills a little.
SO its not great, but I think it will do to show I can photoshop backgrounds in to swing sets and playground equipment.

Sources

My teachers would have had my ass for just ripping these from google....

Skate Deck
Chopped Tree
Forest.

Larger Version
I know I need a "LOT" of practice in photo manipulation, but we all gotta start somewhere.

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-08-18 18:57:10

Well Here is my first Fail at the alchemist.
I started to like the pose, and then I hated it and it fell to pieces.
I still like a couple parts of his left arm though...
.... still... over all crash and burn

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-08-18 19:07:03

Yeah, the forearm especially the wrist is kinda odd, reminds me of calves for some raisin. The pose is pretty dramatic, so that's good

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-08-18 19:11:16

FINALLY some attention :3

>:D Yes.... I'm an attention whore right now.

:P I really felt the arm on the right side of the page (His left) was much more strongly drawn. And that the other one with the arrow pointing to it was a dud. Meh. oh well.
As for the pose, it was kind of ambitious. I might try it again...

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-08-18 19:14:42

Actually both arms are awesome, but they both get weak and odd at the forearms

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-08-18 19:17:34

At 8/18/11 07:14 PM, Knocturne wrote: Actually both arms are awesome, but they both get weak and odd at the forearms

I just realized one kind of looks like a scrotum o.0...

BBS Signature

Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread 2011-08-18 20:59:13

A second attempt

So far it seems like I have just been practicing stylized anatomy and kicking around pose Ideas

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature