New Topic Respond to this Topic
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Jul. 27th, 2011 @ 06:14 PM Reply

Damn guys, you need to at least say something or I'm going to start making random stuff up to feed my ego.

Stuff like "my work is so awesome that you guys are too scared to criticize my godly perfection" :P
that should rake in someone >:D

Anyway, off the high horse.
Still playing with perspective. I have forgotten that stairs are a little tricky to get proportionate perspective, especially in 3 point.
But since stairs might be needed for a project in the future, I have been practicing all afternoon

I got smart enough to build a template finally .... >.>..

So yeah..... Let those comments roll.... >:3

Kinsei01's Art Thread

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 08:43 PM Reply

I'll be uploading some work when I get back later tonight, but here is a small taste for now >:3

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature
MasterMerol
MasterMerol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 08:51 PM Reply

Very good perspective practice stuff! I like it very much.

At 7/25/11 07:23 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:

The dude's Epic face just begged to be drawn.

Indeed it's a pretty epic face!
I say you should try adding more contrast on the shadows, and maybe making the glasses not too dark, since now they look a bit like sunglasses to me.

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?
A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 09:06 PM Reply

At 8/2/11 08:43 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: I'll be uploading some work when I get back later tonight, but here is a small taste for now >:3

I like that axe, looks pretty awesome i think. also i am really liking that building perspective. i need to work on my perspective -__- tis quite annoying.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
falz3333
falz3333
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 09:10 PM Reply

I always thought 3 point perspective was a bit ridiculous. 2 point is basically how we see things. 3 point makes it look all fish eye.

if you don't have anything interesting to say, don't say anything at all

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 3rd, 2011 @ 02:15 AM Reply

Really guys? I tell you, my thread gets all the action AFTER I leave.... no really :P
I toss something up in a hurry and NOW I get comments when I am not here?
What, does someone watch and wait for me to leave something :P
Yeah I see how it is lol.

At 8/2/11 08:51 PM, MasterMerol wrote: I say you should try adding more contrast on the shadows, and maybe making the glasses not too dark, since now they look a bit like sunglasses to me.

That was something my teachers always got on to me about was the contrast. Constantly bugging me about getting my shadows dark and black, and my highlights white. Although I tried my best, I gained little ground on getting better at it. I am better than I used to be, mostly thanks to broadening my selection of tools, but I know I still have a long way to go. Thanks for mentioning that, I should do more still life and life drawing to keep practicing.

At 8/2/11 09:06 PM, Ramatsu wrote: I like that axe, looks pretty awesome i think. also i am really liking that building perspective. i need to work on my perspective -__- tis quite annoying.

Thanks. I think I'll do another axe in perspective. I'm honestly not that great at axes, I have had more practice at blades, but since my current D&D character wields hammers and axes, I should get the practice in.
Good luck on working on your own perspective.

At 8/2/11 09:10 PM, falz3333 wrote: I always thought 3 point perspective was a bit ridiculous. 2 point is basically how we see things. 3 point makes it look all fish eye.

Actually, we have an infinite amount of vanishing points that are constantly moving as we move. Simplifying it down to two or three is just to keep artist sane. People who don't have large structures near them seem like they only have 2, but when you get to something on a much grander scale it gets more noticeable of more.
Also 3pts looks badass as hell if done right.... I am not to that point yet... but I hope to be one day.

Ok for my next pic I saw this orc/troll thingy in a book, and I wanted to draw one swinging an axe, or something. This was my first rough, and I went the orc route. His back came too stiff and not conveying the motion or power I wanted.The face also doesn't quite hold the rage I wanted either. So I made a second which will come in the next post...

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 3rd, 2011 @ 02:18 AM Reply

At 8/3/11 02:15 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: Ok for my next pic I saw this orc/troll thingy in a book, and I wanted to draw one swinging an axe, or something. This was my first rough, and I went the orc route. His back came too stiff and not conveying the motion or power I wanted.The face also doesn't quite hold the rage I wanted either. So I made a second which will come in the next post...

Now this is the second one. I got the motion and emotion more to my liking. I didn't go as styled on the axe with this one that I did with the last one, and I kind liked the first one's forehead a little more. Also the hands are a bit better than the last, but not by much. The bicep and the forearm still feel a little wonky.
This one the shading really helps it pop a little.

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 3rd, 2011 @ 02:25 AM Reply

At 8/3/11 02:18 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: Now this is the second one. I got the motion and emotion more to my liking. I didn't go as styled on the axe with this one that I did with the last one, and I kind liked the first one's forehead a little more. Also the hands are a bit better than the last, but not by much. The bicep and the forearm still feel a little wonky.
This one the shading really helps it pop a little.

I might have to try a 3rd time, but I'm a little divided since I have no real intentions of taking this beyond a sketch. Ahh time will tell. I am getting much better about using a work flow and more roughs. I used to be very, very impatient and just take the first thing that came out even if it looked nothing like I originally wanted it to.

Now this little implosion came about the other day after working on something else. I just started letting my pen flow with a song playing in my head. I soon realized that my hand was urging me to do another self portrait. well sort of.
After a bit, I started to add a couple of my own features to it and I just kind of ended with this. its not exact or anything, so I guess I just imposed my self on to the sketch
Its not much, and not worth much merit either, but hey its a sketch, and I need thread filler. :P Right?

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 4th, 2011 @ 06:46 PM Reply

I fail at drawing axes....

Must..... keep..... trying..... :'(

BBS Signature
MasterMerol
MasterMerol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 4th, 2011 @ 06:50 PM Reply

At 8/4/11 06:46 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: I fail at drawing axes....
Must..... keep..... trying..... :'(

Nice bump.

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?
A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 4th, 2011 @ 08:08 PM Reply

At 8/3/11 02:25 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: Its not much, and not worth much merit either, but hey its a sketch, and I need thread filler. :P Right?

This is quite a long thread, Quincy.

Random name made up on the spot FTW!

I think that the right eye (our left) is really weird though. like, not following the plane of the rest of the face, and such.
Idk, but play around with it for me, will ya? :3

Please don't take that last sentence out of context.
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 4th, 2011 @ 08:14 PM Reply

At 8/4/11 08:08 PM, Kashi wrote:
At 8/3/11 02:25 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: Its not much, and not worth much merit either, but hey its a sketch, and I need thread filler. :P Right?
This is quite a long thread, Quincy.
Random name made up on the spot FTW!

Not long enough >:P... and Quincy? Really?

I think that the right eye (our left) is really weird though. like, not following the plane of the rest of the face, and such.

The random face was very much improvised, so the structure is all over the place.
Unless your talking about the orc.... cause his eyes are fucked up as well....

Idk, but play around with it for me, will ya? :3

>:D.....

Please don't take that last sentence out of context.

>:(....

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 12:50 PM Reply

Bump time!
A little background of why I am doing this. A job, that simple.
I haven't done any photo manipulation in a while so I figured that I should try and brush up on my skills a little.
SO its not great, but I think it will do to show I can photoshop backgrounds in to swing sets and playground equipment.

Sources

My teachers would have had my ass for just ripping these from google....

Skate Deck
Chopped Tree
Forest.

Larger Version
I know I need a "LOT" of practice in photo manipulation, but we all gotta start somewhere.

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 06:57 PM Reply

Well Here is my first Fail at the alchemist.
I started to like the pose, and then I hated it and it fell to pieces.
I still like a couple parts of his left arm though...
.... still... over all crash and burn

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature
VividGrim
VividGrim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 07:01 PM Reply

At 8/18/11 06:57 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Well Here is my first Fail at the alchemist.
I started to like the pose, and then I hated it and it fell to pieces.
I still like a couple parts of his left arm though...
.... still... over all crash and burn

I actually like the left arm the least. It looks really awkward... what's he doing? The rest of it looks good, though, especially the muscle. I'd like to see you finish this.

Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 07:07 PM Reply

Yeah, the forearm especially the wrist is kinda odd, reminds me of calves for some raisin. The pose is pretty dramatic, so that's good

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 07:11 PM Reply

FINALLY some attention :3

>:D Yes.... I'm an attention whore right now.

:P I really felt the arm on the right side of the page (His left) was much more strongly drawn. And that the other one with the arrow pointing to it was a dud. Meh. oh well.
As for the pose, it was kind of ambitious. I might try it again...

BBS Signature
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 07:14 PM Reply

Actually both arms are awesome, but they both get weak and odd at the forearms

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 07:17 PM Reply

At 8/18/11 07:14 PM, Knocturne wrote: Actually both arms are awesome, but they both get weak and odd at the forearms

I just realized one kind of looks like a scrotum o.0...

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 08:59 PM Reply

A second attempt

So far it seems like I have just been practicing stylized anatomy and kicking around pose Ideas

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 19th, 2011 @ 05:53 AM Reply

yaknow kinsei... I think you should either work on your noses, or just not draw them if you don't draw eyes or mouth either... you now slap the same nose on everything which gives all your characters a bit of a comical look.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 19th, 2011 @ 12:34 PM Reply

At 8/19/11 05:53 AM, J-qb wrote: yaknow kinsei... I think you should either work on your noses, or just not draw them if you don't draw eyes or mouth either... you now slap the same nose on everything which gives all your characters a bit of a comical look.

huh... Guess I have been doing that for a while now, haven't I?
I guess I never really gave it much thought. Thanks for pointing it out. I did notice that many of my noses were the same, but I think I was doing it for simplicity sake, which is kind of wrong of me. I think I should develop my character design skills a little more. I'll try and sketch up some vastly different characters next week.

At 8/19/11 10:47 AM, threadwood wrote: nice sketches. i notice that you're focusing on the torso. it would be nice to see you put that same focus into the extremities, because i've noticed that your hands and feet tend to be a little awkward in some of your past posts. maybe do a quick outline of a waist-up pose and then spend all day making the hands look right.

Ahh :P you got me. Yeah >.>... hands and feet, I kind of avoid them. I would love to get better at them, but I always feel kind of humiliated after the utter failure I have at them. and thus I avoid practicing them. I know, I know, I'll never get better like that. But here lately, I have been practicing some things that I don't normally practice, so maybe this will make a great opportunity to work on them.
The same things goes for the arms and the knees and calves leading down to the ankles.
I feel I am confident in the shoulders though.

Woo lot of stuff to work on guys!

Anyway, I'm a little out of practice at working on a large scale. I'm doing a final on a 14"x11" And although I am doing well with the detail, the proportions are a little wonky. Thing is with all that I'm going to have to do this weekend, I might have to just finish out the sketch and go with that. Which will practically knock me out of the running to win the next CHOW.

Which is what this if for.

Anyway. things to do
~Work on Comic Jam
~Work on Nova Ratione character and backgrounds.
~Work on More Photoshop so I can hopefully get that Job.

All but the photoshop are pretty tall orders so I best get to them.

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 19th, 2011 @ 01:50 PM Reply

Next one.
But I think this may have to be my last attempt, I just can't spend anymore time on it.
Time to move on. If I have the chance, I'll come back to it Monday.

I really don't want to abandon this but...

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 21st, 2011 @ 10:33 PM Reply

Comic!

ANd Kudos to these guys
Splyth
Shargon
and this Girl
kyoko0

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 21st, 2011 @ 10:44 PM Reply

At 8/21/11 10:33 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Comic!

I'll say it here just in case you did not see my reply in the Comic Jam information thread. the story made me sad, Poor Kid. Awesome work i appreciate your feedback on my thread. one more thing, Keep up the Awesome work!

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 21st, 2011 @ 10:53 PM Reply

At 8/21/11 10:44 PM, Ramatsu wrote:
At 8/21/11 10:33 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Comic!
I'll say it here just in case you did not see my reply in the Comic Jam information thread. the story made me sad, Poor Kid. Awesome work i appreciate your feedback on my thread. one more thing, Keep up the Awesome work!

Yeah I caught it.
Thanks for the kudos. Although after seeing some of the entries, I wish I had placed forth more effort.
When we was coming up with the story, we were getting pretty twisted, and finally backed down to what it is now.

BBS Signature
Left4DeadSmoker
Left4DeadSmoker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 21st, 2011 @ 10:57 PM Reply

At 8/19/11 01:50 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Next one.
But I think this may have to be my last attempt, I just can't spend anymore time on it.
Time to move on. If I have the chance, I'll come back to it Monday.
I really don't want to abandon this but...

THAT MOUTH.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

if his mouth is open than make an indent in the fact don't push it back to the point where it looks totally flat.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 21st, 2011 @ 10:59 PM Reply

At 8/21/11 10:57 PM, Left4DeadSmoker wrote:
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

The whole thing is too flawed for me to continue with that particular piece. So its scrapped.
I may still get a chow done before Tuesday, but I doubt it.

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 22nd, 2011 @ 12:36 PM Reply

At 8/22/11 05:53 AM, Larkatosa wrote: Also I liked the concept with the supa cool raider with the tiny bottle of piss to throw at people. Maybe that was not the concept .. but i was too lazy to read it all. >.>

YAY! Trixy!

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Kinsei01's Art Thread Aug. 22nd, 2011 @ 02:02 PM Reply

Hipster Pony
Because hes' an Original MLP, you've probably never heard of them.

Kinsei01's Art Thread

BBS Signature