00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ykj03 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

please help on my collaboration

16,387 Views | 255 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-15 14:37:39

At 3/15/09 02:21 PM, Calicard wrote: Please fix the code fjgamer because Wam was telling me that your .fla wasnt working.

It *is* working, as long as you copy over the code I posted.

I'll reupload the FLA if I have to, but seriously, I posted a replacement code for him. That's all he needs, but he hasn't read my post, apparently.

Wam, I can't send the e-mail. GMail doesn't let you send attachments larger than 25mb, and this is a 39.5mb zip. If you want me to upload a new FLA, I've already done so. I'll send the new FLA's URL to you via PM. (That's a lot of abbreviations).

I removed the preloader I added, and I fixed the main timeline. Now, everything's as it should be, but I digress. The original FLA I posted was working except for an error on the main timeline, removing the code on the main timeline fixed all the problems. The error was due to me being half asleep, so I apologize, but the fix was a copy/paste solution that would have taken maybe five seconds.

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-15 18:35:28

I am really sorry for this guys, but I am going to have to drop out. It just isn't turning out good at all. Again, I am sorry...

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-15 19:02:19

Oh damn! The problem of the crashing is back for me and I dont save till I want to stop >:(. Ive gotta save next time...

Admit it, this pic is so awesome that you fucked me.

BBS Signature

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-15 19:06:15

Oh and fjgamer use hotmail, not gmail. Much better and I think no filesize limit.

BBS Signature

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-16 01:09:02

Just stopping by to let you guys know I have my idea storyboarded fully. I am beginning the animation tomorrow at school because I have to wait 2 more weeks for my computer. I'm pretty sure it will be funny!

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-16 12:22:30

At 3/15/09 08:46 PM, Calicard wrote: Oh and for big file sizes use sendspace.com or something.

I use my own website. That's better.
If I used a free file host, I think I'd go with MediaFire. Not sure, though.

Wam, is the new FLA working for ya? I haven't heard back from ya. If you need it to be converted to a AS2 file, I can do that. Otherwise, I look forward to the final product.

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-17 18:49:08

At 3/15/09 08:46 PM, Calicard wrote: Are you serious? I save like after every keyframe! I've lost a few files from that kinda thing.

Trust me. SAVE CONSTANTLY.

Oh and for big file sizes use sendspace.com or something.

Yeah, just started doing that lol. Ill check out sendspace.com. But does it need to be the FLA file or the SWF?

BBS Signature

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-17 20:05:33

Hmmm... Not sure I'll be able to make mine. I've got an outline, but it's going to be a lot of work. The resources I need shouldn't be hard to find, nor should the voices be too difficult, but investing time would make it troublesome. That and, no offense to everyone who posted, I'm not entirely encouraged by what I've seen so far.

I'll see what I can do, but I can't make promises at this point.

BBS Signature

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-17 20:54:21

Im gettin kinda bored of this thing, I think Im not gonna do it. I wanna try my own stuff. Im not gonna finish this.

BBS Signature

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-17 22:26:13

hey wam-bo i'll definatly help if you need more spots for your collab (i'm trying to be some sort of gaurdian angel of collabs and help them stay alive by putting in more parts) anyway, if you need more parts plz oh plz plz plz respond

BBS Signature

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-17 23:34:03

At 3/17/09 08:54 PM, i-i-idiot wrote: Im gettin kinda bored of this thing, I think Im not gonna do it. I wanna try my own stuff. Im not gonna finish this.

Collabs need some sort of protection from people like this. If you commit to do part of a collab, you shouldn't back out. Anyway, how far along are we? I want to see the completed product.

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-19 02:43:29

I figure I'll bump the topic once more while there's still some time for participants to make something. People have less than a week to get stuff done. :|

I was thinking of doing a quick Samurai Jack scene.

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-19 12:31:33

I'm just waiting on the voice actor and he'll be done in 1 hour- 4 days and it'll only take me 1-2 days to finish animation

BBS Signature

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-19 21:34:18

At 3/19/09 12:31 PM, turtleco wrote: I'm just waiting on the voice actor and he'll be done in 1 hour- 4 days and it'll only take me 1-2 days to finish animation

good good

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-19 23:05:20

Any chance I could see the menu for the collab?

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-20 09:34:14

At 3/17/09 08:54 PM, i-i-idiot wrote: Im gettin kinda bored of this thing, I think Im not gonna do it. I wanna try my own stuff. Im not gonna finish this.

yea. . . watch my latest submission, there's a part where stimpy mentions people like you

and yea gamer i can PM it or screenshot it to you tonight, not quiiite finished yet

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-20 12:11:21

At 3/20/09 09:34 AM, wam-bo wrote:
yea. . . watch my latest submission, there's a part where stimpy mentions people like you

and yea gamer i can PM it or screenshot it to you tonight, not quiiite finished yet

yeah, I'm sick of people who just quit, anywayz.... Wambo because of your movie I've decided to make a "classically" animated short, of something....

BBS Signature

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-20 15:30:19

Has anyone made a few second long short with Johnny Bravo quickly posing "YMCA" letters? I might do that.

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-20 17:56:35

DUDE I AM IN... fo sho....

just tell me when i have to turn it in so i know how fast to work, =3

please help on my collaboration

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-20 19:55:04

Yay! I'm glad I could get you to join this one!!

My part is still in the process of being made, but it's gold!

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-20 19:57:52

Oh, fuckshits. If parts are due on the 25th I don't think I'll be able to finish on time. I'm sorry guys! I really really wanted to make something awesome. Is there any way there can be an extension on this or something for me and my newly joined friend?

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-20 22:09:55

At 3/20/09 07:57 PM, Jae wrote: Oh, fuckshits. If parts are due on the 25th I don't think I'll be able to finish on time. I'm sorry guys! I really really wanted to make something awesome. Is there any way there can be an extension on this or something for me and my newly joined friend?

deeeeefinitely!!!!! extensions are welcome!! especiallly for such talent hahaha take as long as you need! make it quality!! the end justifies the means!

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-21 02:30:04

Alright it's 2/3rds of the way done on drawing it, this 1/3rd bit is going to get messy, but if it turns out that way that's intended it will be amazing.

I will have a picture posted here soon of the near end scenes... I have been staying up till 4 in the morning working my ass off on getting this done.

SO please if needed I'll let you know if I need more time, but if anything is won't be more then an extra day or 2 hopefully.

PBM_MC is going to do some voices and I'm going to do CommanderMcbragg

PBM_MC is helping getting me sounds and helping with BG art and I am putting them in as I type this :P

I have almost completely redone all the skelly work into fully animation and it's coming along nicely and have even added more then what I had originally thought, HOPEFULLY it won't be TOO long to be part of this.

Also to the guy who said no offense he is quitting cause of the lack of whatever it is he is wanting, you ain't seen what many of us have up our selves and once you seen what I got in store you'll be eating those words :)

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-21 05:43:03

This collab is going to be awesome! yay.

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-21 17:39:56

yea mid april! april seventeeeeenth! yea calicard get goin on that second part!!

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-21 19:39:13

good, an extension is almost extremely needed, I'm still waiting on a voice actor

but don't worry, I'll probably be done very quickly, its going to be short but sweet

and as for a second part... I don't think I will make one, but that doesn't mean I won't, I still always find time for my home dawgs :)

BBS Signature

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-21 19:42:31

hey!! the voices came! :)

BBS Signature

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-21 21:42:33

It's funny how extensions work. The people who thought they had very little time rushed their parts and the newcomers get plenty of time to get started. I'm not complaining, my part is done. However, it really isn't fair to just randomly toss out extensions.

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-22 11:38:17

At 3/21/09 09:42 PM, fjgamer wrote: It's funny how extensions work. The people who thought they had very little time rushed their parts and the newcomers get plenty of time to get started. I'm not complaining, my part is done. However, it really isn't fair to just randomly toss out extensions.

i didn't just say "here's the duedate deal with it" i said "i wanna make a due date, tell me how far along you are, and how much time you'll need" and nobody said anything!! and then someone says "hey i need more time" and. . . like i promised anyone who asked for one, i gave them the extension.

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-22 15:30:16

And I really appreciate it. I would have made this a week ago if I had my computer. I'll do my best to have it done ASAP, but I have finals this week. I will be making it at school until I get my computer back. I need voices for Shaggy, Scooby, Daggett, Norbert, Ren, Stimpy, Freakazoid, Beavis, Butthead, Daria, and one of the ninja turtles... I'm trying to get people who can play the part semi accurately.