00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

rkdwjidwejrisk just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Getting a Drawing tablet thread

7,257 Views | 120 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-27 17:01:39

hey denvish, i can see your desk :P

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-27 18:07:35

ok, im thinking about getting a graphire4 6x8, but i need to save up a bit more. is the anything else i should look at or should i just go wtih that?

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-27 18:17:28

I wish i could get a wacom pad. But at the moment my basic medion pad is working like a charm. Plus i got it for 20 pounds ($25) from one of my friends. He got it but was bored after a few days yet he did not have flash.

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-28 16:06:42

At 10/27/05 06:07 PM, Radioactive24 wrote: ok, im thinking about getting a graphire4 6x8, but i need to save up a bit more. is the anything else i should look at or should i just go wtih that?

well that would be a pretty good choice, but there are pearsons that preffer smaller tablets

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-28 22:20:37

great news! i found the wacom pad i wanted AND i got it bluetooth! so it is wireless! i got my 6x8 graphire4 wacom bluetooth tonight and i just hooked it up and i am playing with it. i seriously almost peed myself with joy when my mom said she would spot me the last hundred for it!!!!

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-28 23:18:10

eh.. I am quite happy with my 4 by 5 Wacom Graphire tablet (150 CAD)

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-28 23:23:29

At 10/27/05 06:48 AM, Denvish wrote: Final image, I put the DVD there so you can get a better idea of the tablet size. Humour me =)

damn, IT'S HUGE!

This is mine :P

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-29 00:04:52

At 10/28/05 11:23 PM, -DAZA- wrote:
This is mine :P

lol thats small

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-29 16:13:34

Hey! I'm getting the same 1 on monday. Is it good?

If you're not reading Twisted Comix what is your life about?

I'm published on NG! Buy "One Shot"!

BBS Signature

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-29 20:04:58

At 10/29/05 04:13 PM, Tystarr wrote: Hey! I'm getting the same 1 on monday. Is it good?

you will find out on monday

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-29 20:47:02

Hey Denvish thats cool. But, do images show up on the tablet's pad-thingy? Or do you have to keep looking at the flash and then keep drawing? Like because if that was so, if you were to stop drawing for a second, you would like have to guess where you left off, right?

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-29 20:49:40

At 10/29/05 08:47 PM, smallydude wrote: Hey Denvish thats cool. But, do images show up on the tablet's pad-thingy? Or do you have to keep looking at the flash and then keep drawing? Like because if that was so, if you were to stop drawing for a second, you would like have to guess where you left off, right?

yeah, you have to look up onto the screen. they do make tablets like that, but they cost like thousands of dollars.

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-29 20:58:18

At 10/29/05 08:47 PM, smallydude wrote: Hey Denvish thats cool. But, do images show up on the tablet's pad-thingy? Or do you have to keep looking at the flash and then keep drawing? Like because if that was so, if you were to stop drawing for a second, you would like have to guess where you left off, right?

Basically, the active area represents your screen. So if you lift the pen up (5mm+) from the top right, and put it down bottom left, the cursor on screen will jump from top right corner to bottom left.

If you hold the pen <5mm above the tablet and do the same, the cursor will DRAG down from top right to bottom left

If you place the pen ON the tablet, and do the same, you'll draw a selection box, basically selecting everything on your desktop.

In terms of drawing, you don't need to look at the pad, in the same way you don't need to look at your mouse to see what it's doing on screen. In fact, you can use the tablet very much like a sophisticated mouse... double-tap instead of double-click, tap instead of click, drag rather than left-click+drag, and so on. The only difference is that you while your mouse 'movement area' tends to move around depending on how well the ball/IR works, and whether you lift it, the 'movement area' on the tablet stays in a fixed position; the active area of the pad.

If you leave off drawing for a second, you just place your pen cursor back to where you left off, exactly the same as you would if you were drawing with the mouse.

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-29 21:28:31

At 10/29/05 08:58 PM, Denvish wrote:
At 10/29/05 08:47 PM, smallydude wrote: denvish help me out

Hey Denvish thanks for the help, damn though, those things look real fragile. Are they?

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-30 01:32:02

lol im not willing to find out that smally

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-30 09:40:37

At 10/30/05 01:32 AM, SaintShun wrote: lol im not willing to find out that smally

Lol, seriously though, those things look like you could break them in half over your knee :P

I think I'm gonna get the Wacom Graphire3 4x5. I know the dimensions are small but I draw small. Plus my desk ain't that big :P

Here is the description if anyone cares:
Product Description:
The WACOM Graphire 3 Pen Tablet delivers the control you need to quickly and easily edit digital photos. Draw, paint, create artwork for CDs / DVDs, sign your name, and annotate documents in Adobe Acrobat or Microsoft PowerPoint. You can even write directly in Microsoft Office XPand, and with Apple Inkwell. Gain the control of Graphire, and join more than 2,000,000 satisfied WACOM tablet users!
Patented cordless, battery-free pen with 512 levels of pressure sensitivity for control, and a programmable DuoSwitch for convenience
Patented cordless, battery-free, ball-free & optics-free mouse, with three programmable buttons and a scroll wheel
Graphire tablet has a USB interface for easy installation, and includes integrated pen compartment and separate pen stand
Tablet also has a photo frame for easy personalization with photos & artwork
Package includes: Graphire3 Pen, Graphire3 Mouse, Adobe Photoshop Elements 1.0, Painter Class by Corel, Wacom Brushes 1.0, penPalette LE by nik multimedia
PC & Mac compatible
One year warranty
Color: Pearl

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-30 09:53:50

I have the best tablet ever. 5x7 JamPad! 40 dollars baby! Non wireless humongous pen and everything. Pretty fancy if you ask me.

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-30 09:58:04

At 10/30/05 09:53 AM, Starogre wrote: I have the best tablet ever. 5x7 JamPad! 40 dollars baby! Non wireless humongous pen and everything. Pretty fancy if you ask me.

pictures please!

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-30 09:58:35

Buy me a camera and I will :D

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-30 10:02:25

Haha, I was ripped off. Even though the company went out of business, that's why it was so cheap, it's still selling for 20 bucks.

http://www.hypertech../en-us/dept_121.html

It's the top one LOL i'm so cheap.

BBS Signature

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-30 10:06:39

Ok no prob, but the camera I'm gonna buy you is digital and costs $200,000 so I need a couple of days to save up.
well here is a screenshot I got off the site, I know it overwhelming but try not to have a seizure when you look at it.

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-30 10:08:49

OMG SIEZURE!

http://www.hypertech...html&lang=en-us

better link for my tablet. You can see a pic about halfway down the page of the tablet itself and all its majesty.

BBS Signature

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-30 10:09:22

Might ask for one for christmas... we'll see....

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-30 10:13:00

At 10/30/05 10:08 AM, Starogre wrote: OMG SIEZURE!

http://www.hypertech...html&lang=en-us

better link for my tablet. You can see a pic about halfway down the page of the tablet itself and all its majesty.

*wakes from seizure-induced coma*

omg, is that ligit? like , does it work real nice and everything? because it looks cool and seems strong. tell me how long the USB cord is and everything like that! PLEASEY PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-30 10:24:26

Hey, I'm really interested in buying a tablet and I've just seen this one on Ebay for £1.70 and £4.00 delivery. Does it look okay to you? It's a wacom but it doesn't say what kind.

wut

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-30 10:29:59

At 10/30/05 10:24 AM, Skankycat wrote: Hey, I'm really interested in buying a tablet and I've just seen this one on Ebay for £1.70 and £4.00 delivery. Does it look okay to you? It's a wacom but it doesn't say what kind.

That's an old-style Wacom Volito. Basically, a beginner's tablet, but probably adequate for casual use. Active area is around 3"x4".

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-30 10:31:28

Thanks, so would you recommend it for someone who hasn't had any experience with graphics tablets?

wut

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-30 10:51:56

At 10/30/05 10:13 AM, smallydude wrote: *wakes from seizure-induced coma*

omg, is that ligit? like , does it work real nice and everything? because it looks cool and seems strong. tell me how long the USB cord is and everything like that! PLEASEY PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!

Ya, it works, its not the best, but it definitely helps drawing. The USB=3ftabout.

I'd recommend it to people who are starting out and don't know if they are continuing drawing on the comp. I should get a diff. one. Armor Games sponsor money coming soon. (YOU'RE GONNA LOVE THE GAME MAN) PSP looks pretty tempting though >.>

BBS Signature

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-30 12:26:43

lol, yours looks like its a whole deal starogre,.... dont you plan to continue animating or drawing?

just curious

Response to Getting a Drawing tablet thread 2005-10-30 16:30:10

OMG YESSSSSS!

I am getting the Graphire3 4x5 this week!!! OMG I AM AS HAPPY AS A RETARD LOOKING AT A FERRIS WHEEL!