Reviews for "Rotate"

good game, but as we can't jump while running it's a bit hard at the beguining.
nice music too, it convey tensioin without stressing the player while he is thinking.
continue this way !

JoshuaStone responds:

Glad you liked it! Not sure what you mean about not being able to jump while running.

good game
tryed to beat your record but i guess you know something i dont
really enjoyed this
would like to know if its posible to go to the other room on level 8

thank you and i will try to beat that record if i can

JoshuaStone responds:

Hey, thanks for playing! No, that other door is unfortunately fake and impossible to get to. :P

Normally I say games should strive to be either all keyboard or all mouse, not mixing the two.

But in this case I think I'll make an exception. It's way too easy to confuse which of Q and E does clockwise and which does counter-clockwise and it makes a huge difference, particularly when trying to do that brutal 7 minute speedrun.

So I would say it could help if there were little clockwise and counter-clockwise icons at the lower-right which, if clicked, also turn in the appropriate direction. You then could move with WASD and click those to rotate instead of getting confused which of Q or E you should click.

JoshuaStone responds:

Interesting idea, I'd have to think about how that would affect the gameplay.

Some critics here seem to not understand that indeed the cat doesn't care about us ! That would make sense for many of you mere humans...

Well, okay, I still can't pass through F-15. The game is pretty tough for those like me who can't say the right from the left. I suppose other people would find it easy. But at least it's challenging enough for me.

Story reminds me of Portal (and some other games) but it's not the same. It has it's own original character and plot. And for those who think they don't have enough reason to escape from a lab with spikes on the walls while being told potentially lethal instruction by some invisible entity which you don't know anything about, well... Stay there, guys !

JoshuaStone responds:

I'll be trying to improve my storytelling in my next games, it seems to take a lot of practice. And that's kind of what this game was! :D

Decent game, plot makes no sense like pickme4 said. Controls really aren't that bad but it's confusing and frustrating when you keep mistaking clockwise rotation for "E" instead of "Q" or vice-versa. Also what is this game, designed for 1-handed keyboard game play? Always add the ability to customize controls. ALWAYS.

One more thing, I really fucking hate games with hitboxes on the SIDES of spikes.

When you hold a pin or an icepick on it's side, do you get pricked? No. That only happens on the tip. THE TIP. Every damn game that has that flaw always ruins the immersion and enjoyment of the game. Like a literal annoying "prick" making you go, "WTF that is NOT how spikes work.". And don't even say those are just 2D triangle shaped sharp blades or say "it adds to the challenge". That's just a REALLY lazy excuse.

I have died multiple times now just from accidentally touching a corner where spikes where attached to a wall BELOW it. I didn't even fall on the spikes, just touched a tiny fucking corner near it. Jeez.

Other than that, the game had decent pixel sprites. The level design was also pretty challenging minus the fact you can barely see where your going which I don't know if that was the point, and it had a pretty good sountrack. So kudos for the really nice music.

JoshuaStone responds:

Alright, thanks for playing. Glad you liked it for the most part. :)