Reviews for "Rotate"

hmm. another rotate/spin clone. portal-like undertones, mixed with good, creepy music. minimalist/retro. nothing that hasn't been done before, but it's still attractive and fetching for while it lasts. not much in the way of actual obstacles, but perhaps that was done on purpose? (i'm guess i'm saying i sense a sequel here.) feels strangely laggy until you get used to the fact that you have to be on the ground to rotate. anyway, speedrun adds to the replay value, but after that, it's pretty much over.

sidenote: dunno why the 2nd switch is so hard to work in Stage 14. maybe i'm doing it wrong? or maybe it's timed? kinda plays havoc with speedruns.

truthfully, i will probably always have fonder memories of Topsy Turvy than this (liked the atmosphere better), but it isn't too bad. it's short and too the point, and that's kinda the point.

JoshuaStone responds:

I wasn't intending for Rotate to be anything super unique, but I did want the atmosphere of the game to stand out as something interesting. This was my first game on this scale, and I've definitely learned a lot about what I need to do differently in my future games. :)

Oh and that's the "broken switch" in 14, it doesn't do anything other than to trigger next part of the dialog.

This game is overall pretty good! Even though i cant make it past level 2, im just claiming that im just really bad. Good story base and the idea of turning gravity!

JoshuaStone responds:

Yeah, it can be a tricky control scheme to get used to! ^^

Good game
The art style and the story really interesting
Look like Portal
5/5

JoshuaStone responds:

Thank you for playing! :)

5/5 hard gameplay no lag this is what a platformer needs!

Happy you liked it!

Man, love the overalls of this game, but the controls, sometimes it's hard to remember if it's q or e rotates which direction. You should add a key hud drawn q with a ccw symbol and the same for e. But other than that i love this short game :D

JoshuaStone responds:

Thanks for playing, glad you enjoyed! :)