Reviews for "Aground"

I played it months ago, I gave a 5 back there thinking it was a "nice short game", didn't realized it was just an small portion and the beginning of something truly great, I was a bit sad I didn't saved my game back then, but enjoyed playing from the start again and getting the magical and technological ending, I hope I will get my financial situation back on the trails on time to show support to games like these on kickstarter, for now, I will just recommend this game to my friends

Just a small thing that I think it's an bug, some bosses or creatures the familiars just ignore. in fact almost all bosses except the old one were ignored by my pets (and the old one was the only boss it was better for my pet to stay behind) . the gun guys on the desert and gold golens also looks like they must be invisble to my familiars while my character cried cowering behind his shield waiting for his loyal companion to do anything

Other than that I don't remember anything that was wrong enough for me to notice

davidmaletz responds:

The familiars won't attack anyone they aren't strong enough to hurt (otherwise they just waste feed for a "Blocked!"), so that's most of the bosses.

I've been playing the game for about 9-10 hours now. This game seems fantastic. Despite the fact it seems very linear, I've in fact discovered I have a lot of options on what to do, and constantly enjoy finding hidden things in the game like the warp caves. I've enjoyed everything from fighting the first dragon, and discovering new towns, to building my town and exploring the unknown. Very well done!

This is definitely one of the best games I've played on this site. Graphics are cute, and the music is very nice.

el juege es bueno pero tiene muchos errores,tuve que comenzar de nuevo,cuando pedi un bote nuevo y cuando le acepte no me lo dieron ademas de perder los objetos y tambien perdi los objeto cuando me monte en el dragon los guarde en el dragon y llegue a la isla no tenia nada. esto de verdad molesta, si pudiera arreglar este tipo de errores seria de agrado.

Excellent game, I started playing it already when it was just posted last year, and spent 2d ingame playtime to finish both the starting and the science island (after waiting for it to be put into the game), then I mined everything on both islands and faced the boss on the science island, which wasn't fightable at that time.
Then I somehow messed up, erased my temporary internet data and my game progress along with it. I never uploaded it somewhere, so there was no way to restore it, but that doesn't stop me from doing it all again, especially with a new island and lots of new gadgets and mechanics to experiment with! :D

I noticed a bug though. (Spoiler alert)
When on the magic island, if I land with my dragon on one of the tiny floating platforms above the island (the ones with yetis on it) and I get off the dragon and dig through the ground, I fall down onto the island, unable to get back. My dragon stays on the platform, out of reach now, there's no other way for me to get up there (got no flight armor or whatever there might be) and I'm stuck on the island, unable to get to the other one for hatching and raising a new adult dragon. Luckily I didn't save after that incident and reloaded the file before that happened. Dunno if other players will be just as smart, if not they might get themselves stuck like that for real and have to restart the game. Ouch.
That's why I would recommend adding a "call dragon" function at the left edge of the island, that resets him to his usual position there. Could safe a poor soul from restarting everything.
If there actually was another way to get there, I didn't see it and it would be good to get it pointed out in such a situation (like after falling down from a platform the first time, or maybe even while landing on it).
(Spoiler end)

Nethertheless a brilliant game, and I will definitely regain my progress on the 2 first islands, additionally to completing the third one as well and also mining everything there too, defeating all bosses I can find and finishing all quests ;)

davidmaletz responds:

I'm glad you're enjoying the game! Yeah, you could get stuck that way - I might add bedrock to the bottom of those floating islands, or maybe add a call dragon button (the alchemist could summon it back to the base of the island). I could easily see players getting stuck with poor use of vehicles like this in general though...