Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Perdition"

okay is freaky and great but in the first mission i stepped back and i fell to the bottom of the stage i think you should go take a look

I went through the whole game until the end without using the halo or weapons. Yet the red text still acted like I have used the Halo, this deducted from the immersiveness that I could affect the text shown to me entirely. Also the looping sound effects can get pretty damn annoying.

Apart from that I really found the game challenging and it's slight deviations from a linear path made the game that much more worth playing twice.

cool game love it :)

good level design, the catholic symbolism was well executed, i loved the dialogue
still the check point system requires allot of back tracking to get all of the endings and their is no official walk-through

Okay, I played as thoroughly as I could before writing this. Only medal I didn't get is “Sinner” and that one is damn frustrating, I'll figure it out someday.

Anyway, this game strongly reminded me of Gyossait and I've been surprised to find so few reviewers noticing it. Some blame you of plagiarism; I won't. It's true that both Amon26's game and yours share many similarities, but you brought other elements and you did it well. Worth noticing some said that these other elements come from another game -- Loved -- but I didn't play it so I couldn't tell.

About the story. At first I believed that the same god was talking to me with red and white text.
Then I realized it was two distinct entities.
Then I realized, with more thinking, that it could as well be both aspects of a single god. Both are sadistic and deceptive, but with some nuance. Tanas is seductive and speaks gently, but later encourages you to the most brutal violence. Gomadi is actually worse in my opinion, because it prompts you to commit suicide in addition to slaughter. Also, both have their part of “goodness” -- Tanas gave free will to androids, whereas Gomadi's original goal is to condemn violence.

To further supporting my theory of a single god, is the similarity in their appearance, with tan skin and that sort of spiked crown, and Tanas mentioning they were originally one.

There are obvious references to the Bible -- the knowledge fruit from Eden, Cain's fratricide, and obviously Eve. Just about the tower, I'm not sure what it stands for.

Sorry, talking too much. Anyway, a rather solid game we have here. I loved the eerie atmosphere and that different-choices-lead-to-different-ending mechanism. And I don't mind if you copied Gyossait and Loved. My complaints are about some little glitches (the spider-thing sometimes go moonwalking for some reason) and the fog effect that makes too much for my poor old computer and slows down the game which is not fast-paced in the first place.

I'll look forward for your next game ;)