Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Perdition"

NO! why it just froze! =( there you find one good game in months on NG and then it freeze...

Carrill responds:

It would be more helpful for me if you told me /where/ exactly your game froze. If you PMed that to me, I would appreciate it.

A very good game. I liked the storyline and the 'moral choice' in the game but I was a little disappointed that there was not another ending where you totally obeyed Gomadi and did everything he told you to do (including kill the androids by flipping the switch) but he let you off because you obeyed his commands.

I'd have to say, this is has a pretty good story. (It's been a while since I last played flash games, btw)
I'm pretty sure a lot of us here enjoy stories in which the player can decide their "fate". The game play is pretty bland in my opinion and even with the Remember option, it took me a while to get all 4 endings.
The "true" ending was a bit cliche, but the message still gave me a hell of an impact. Great story, great idea, and I would love to see another game similar to this one. If I may suggest, maybe a game that psychologically tests the player. Kinda big I know, but judging from the potential I see in this game, I think it would be possible.
Thanks for the experience~!

It's a great game, intense, but can you add a mute button as well? Shouldn't be too much work, I've done some stuff with programming myself. It would just be nice in case we want to listen to some other music that fits, or want to just put this on pause for a while and play a different game without this music interrupting too terribly? Just something to think about :) Other than that, fantastic job

A thought-provoking game with beautiful artwork and atmosphere!
I've played this game back in May 2017, but neglected to leave a review and I came back to get the Slave and Sinner medals that I had previously missed.

In terms of its platform gameplay its actually not particularly great; it tends to be a little slow and mechanically shallow. There are also a handful of unpolished spots in the game where it is a bit hard to tell where you're supposed to go, and I sometimes needed to take a few "leaps of faith", only to fall right into a spider or spike. The ability to look up/down could have solved this issue. There was also one occasion where I had no choice but to run away from a Gun Executioner to get to a door in a narrow path, but wasn't fast enough and so he managed to fire a single undodgable bullet which killed me.

The "Sinner" medal is particularly notorious to get. It requires you to go out of the way to explore and get Gomadi's commands(occasionally having to initially follow a command until it gets to the point where he asks you to kill yourself). It seems like you HAVE to get the blade (doesn't affect Pacifist ending), otherwise you won't be able to get the medal. This is because one of the commands is"don't fight", which is impossible if you don't have either the blade(enemies can survive 1 hit) or the gun(can 1-shot enemies). It is also pretty slow to play through to get all the endings and medals.

Fortunately, the gameplay itself wasn't the point - the story, message and thoughts it provoked based on the choices you as a player have made, along with its great aesthetics is what drives this game and what gave it such acclaim, and thus the flaws I mentioned above can largely be overlooked, helped by the relatively fast respawn times, unlimited lives and not being forced to re-unlock doors on death. At worst, it just feels slow to get through the game.

All in all, this is a great entry and I hope to see more games like this.