For the month of February we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 203 people to reach our goal of 3,100 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in March!

Reviews for "Hipstercalypse"

Wait a min... if you win in the future... how would you be able to go back in the past to use that money? O_o I mean, even if you could bring items with you, different times, different bills. Apart from this tiny detail this was a fun trip, and it turns out there was actually some plot too. Graphics are great, the music's catchy and comfortably 8bit. The controls however aren't perfect, walking from one screen to the next sometimes causes you to slow down right at the edge, sometimes you have to walk back and try again if you get too close without passing, but that's another minor thing. Nice work! Hope for more fun stuff like this! It wasn't unnecessarily long either, short enough to maybe even merit future plays.

-cd-

kokos0102 responds:

Yes, this timetravelling thing isn't that logical, I confess ;-) This game was made more or less as a little time waster, which was not supposed to answer such hard questions ;-) Anyway, I am glad you had a bit fun, thats what all its about...

Wow! I'm stuck! Could anyone let me know if there's a walkthrough somewhere?

kokos0102 responds:

I've uploaded a walkthrough on dumping grounds, there you go:

This is a fun and humorous, tongue in cheek point n click game with some cool 90's PC speaker inspired music.
The graphics were also very reminiscent of early Sierra Online games from that era, well done!
As others have stated, there are few minor grammatical errors, but nothing game breaking.
Another thing is you might want to disable the ability to use the tab button to find items / points of interest to encourage exploration, because sometimes the temptation to instantly know where all the hot spots are is too great ;D
I also was hoping that the game would be longer, have even more witty dialogue, and have more stuff to interact with.
Other than that, I'm really digging the direction you're taking with this style of game, and it's a nice addition to your roster (Mafia Stories / Ultimate Death Trap series = good stuff)
I'll be keeping an eye out for your next one!

kokos0102 responds:

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it :-)

Fun but simple game. It could have been longer, though.

As a game it's pretty short and easy. But it's funny, has good music, and it's so true how a hipster apocalypse really is, knowing cause I live in area full of them... god help me.