For the month of April we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 64 people to reach our goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in May!

Reviews for "Astroback"

This game... felt really well made, and yet, something it lacks. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but the multiple endings are not as satisfactory as they should be. If I had to guess, I would have to say it's how sudden they occur - a bit too sudden, thus ruining the effect.
The being stuck in a hole one particularly was a little depressing since once you find the computer (which you see when you fall for a split second as well), you can't help but think "Ummmmm, what do you mean your stuck in the hole, the exits' right there to the left..."

Also, hit detection and timing could be better. I was stuck in the fire hole for awhile because every time he would respawn he would die, until I finally got lucky and the fire paused just long enough to move out the way.

And some endings didn't really make any sense at all "Why does he need to check his email instead of sending a distress call? And why would checking your email cause the planet to blow up?".

Also, This perhaps isn't as much your fault, but the loud, silly GameArk intro completely and utterly destroyed any serious tone and immersive atmosphere this game had for awhile. Especially when reading the badge descriptions before hand. Didn't help that their logo is plastered everywhere. Fortunately, the game itself is good enough to bring you back from that experience and into itself after playing it awhile.

But the art style, atmosphere, and music, all those were great, and fit the mood pretty well. And your character controls perfectly, which is very important in platforming games like these. I'd say it's one of the best controlled characters out there actually.

Overall, it left me with a "meh" feeling, which I dislike because I really wanted to like this game, but I just couldn't - it just quite wasn't there. I really would enjoy a sequel, and perhaps in it will be a game that leaves me feeling with something a little better than an "average" feeling.

this is good but its very short more achievements or levels will be better 3.5

Awesome, well thought, it gets better as you play it. I think it's great /../,

Fun and serene little adventure game!
The music is really relaxing and the graphics are well done.
I only wish that it was a bit longer, but I'm glad you incorporated medals to earn.
I definitely hope you make more games like this down the road.
Keep up the good work!