Reviews for "Farm and Grow"

Very nice little time waster, You should expand on this.

This game will make you ponder the meaning of life.

i'm not even joking.
i feel it sends of a very anti-materialistic message. plow, sow, harvest,then do it again more efficiently, what's the point?

even after i had a 1000 gold pieces they didn't seem to matter one bit.

so in the end i decided i was gonna spend the money on food and have as large a family as possible.
___
very simple, the music IS SPOT ON, it's important that it doesnt drone into your brain after 5 min

the game should have more upgrades, since those gave me the most incentive to keep going, it's a good formula but it needs more spice... some imminent danger, an eeeevil wizard, you must muster a large family and then play a tower defense segment ;D

It's a good little time waster, however 1 aspect of the game you need to work on is that the gravestones destroy buildings and continue to take up valuable land. it's also very much a click fest as once you've got a few upgrades you need to keep on top of the growth and harvest cycle to avoid running out of food.

Personally I feel that just changing the way the graveyards grow (possibly give the ability to build a church or something like that) would earn the extra star

basic but very nice

I will give you heartfelt, but it could use some tweaking.

The basis of the game is pretty simple, you plant crops, you farm crops, you plant trees, you chop down trees. However, the game loses it's depth in the details, which is why I only gave this a five. I like the simplicity of the game, and even after thirty minutes of playing the music was still spot on, so you nailed that aspect of the game. It felt like The Sims music during building mode the more I played the game, so that worked for me very well. But, even though I liked the music I still couldn't get over some of the other aspects of the game.

I found the fact that even though the food was a few growth cycles in, I wasn't able to harvest it early for partial food very disappointing. For the trees I was able to cut them down early for partial lumber, but I would only have the option to plow the fields if the food was ready to harvest. I realized quickly that that main priority was food, which is fine, but the way starvation was implemented is a beast. It would have been better if there was more of a yield for waiting so long for a full harvest rather than just +2 food. I would lose -1 just for planting the crops, and after waiting for what I can only presume is a full season, I would only end up with one additional unit of food. I feel that since I couldn't harvest the food early I should at least get +3 for waiting for a full harvest. I also found that it was difficult to keep up with the amount of resources on hand, so some kind of general toolbar with the amount on hand would have been very helpful rather than hovering over the house for that info. I can't tell you how many times I would plant 5+ crops only to kill a person off due to starvation, so some kind of food buffer or alert system would have been nice. It always seemed like by the time I realized food was low I had already lost a member of the family.

I also found that when family members died that I would only get +1 heart for morning the dead. It seems like there should be some kind of increased morning if multiple family members are dead, or at least something to make up for the fact that all the gravestones are taking up valuable farming area. It would have also been nice if there was some variety in the buildings, but that might be due to the fact I didn't progress enough in the game. Granted I saw a lot of different things to sell at the market, but it's possible that I just never got far enough to upgrade those things on the land.

All and all, I feel that this game has a good amount qualities that I like about, but it also has a lot of things that could use some rethinking to make it even better. I tried playing this three different times tonight, I really did want to give it a better ranking, but just felt there were enough issues that needed to be tweaked in order to make it a much better game.

Thanks for the time killer.