Reviews for "Alight (in dreams)"

Wow

The gameplay is not the best, but I really liked the story. I think this should be in art games category.

Nice game.

Nice games. As pointed out by others, the dream line is quite interesting.
I've just a question: I've seen the ending on youtubes and the final lines are quite different from the ones I read in MY finale. Are there multiple finales? How many? Thx!

Very nice!

It caught me from the start! The items gave it a somewhat "choose your difficulty once you're playing" feel and the story is catchy!

I have one question, though: Is there a way to get the "Zero Candlepower" medal once you picked a candle?
I tested every item in the first level to see what was the difference, but every level I completed it with the clock and ONLY the clock, so I don't understand why I'm not getting the medal!

If the author is reading this, or if anyone has had (or has) the same problem, please answer!

Ehh, good idea, but bad gameplay

The story is really unique and interesting, (it kind of made me think of Inception) which is definitely a major part in my book. However, what tore me was the follow-up. The gameplay mechanics are just really hard to control, making any maneuvering at all exceedingly difficult and frustrating; not to mention, the first jump, I feel, is quite a bit too small. As an example, you can't even jump onto a very short pillar with JUST the first jump, you have to use 2+ jumps, wasting time, which is important in a timed run. Also, the excessive medals for ONLY the clock (as well as the bad gameplay) make it hard for the player to JUST concentrate on the story, as I think should be done with such a grave and touching storyline like this one. I also think that the detection area for the "somke" storyline locations should be widened. It's hard enough to get around them, but to have to get directly over them to see the text is annoying. And last, but not least, I think that the character's happy-go-lucky walk (I almost want to say that it's similar to if you were to take a leisurely, pleasurable walk through the park.) is due-out-of-place in this serious and reminiscent of a game.

Touching - But not entirely

I aborted a game, that made me almost cry, because the jumping parts displacing my focus from emotions to gameplay. I really love to fly around, look at all this beatiful textures, that, when you take a closer look, show you with how much love have been made. ;)
But where other games, To The Moon, Dear Esther etc. let you experience more emotion then gameplay, Alight trys to do both at the same time. Sorry, it didn't work for me that way. Maybe for everyone else, but I found it annoying to die 30 times until I could read another of these touching sentences.
I loved to play it, and will tell my friends about it, but I wont go through it. That's with me..