Reviews for "Riddles of Renaissance"

A mediocre game tainted by problems

The premise of the game is alright, but overall it's quite lacking. The "riddles" are mostly just questions, "A riddle is a statement or question or phrase having a double or veiled meaning, put forth as a puzzle to be solved" and you failed completely at this. The low quality images make it very hard to discern details in the paintings which is a bit of a silly problem for a game about art to have. Also the preloader sucked, you have noone to blame but yourself for all the reviews saying that the game didn't load. With such a large filesize it's no good if the preloader only appears half way through the process, it was a mistake to release the game before that issue was resolved.

Basically, premise=good, execution=sloppy

mrty responds:

I don't really get what you're talking about. None of the riddles were "questions", and many had some sort of a double meaning too.

I do realize that there were some quality issues that I couldn't fix (but am still working on), but it shouldn't really affect the gameplay much. Don't tell me you can't recognize a dog because there were pixels around it.

As for the loading issue, that happens in pretty much every game. First you see a white screen, then the preloader shows up. Also, "all the reviews" is technically just one review, belonging to a guy who just wasn't patient enough.

Thanks for the detailed review.

Uhm

I would have given it a much better score. If it weren't for the pictures to decide when the next riddle is up.<<'

Um... WHAT?

Not a Fan

It's an interesting concept, but I found a lot of the riddles to not make much sense (even after having solved it). And some of the ones that did make sense were more history questions or hidden objects than riddles.

Also, it's not a good idea to tell people how to rate. Of course you're going to lose points for bugs and glitches. We're rating based on what you submitted and placed before us, not what you intended it to be.

mrty responds:

So many people seem to be misunderstanding me... What I meant in the commentary was that I hated it when people wasted their reviews on single sentences like "lololol awesome" or "medals dont work". Many people don't know the difference between a comment and a review, that's what I was complaining about. Of course I'm going to take negative criticism.

You know what, I'm going to delete that paragraph in the commentary right now...

It won't load.

It simply refuses to load for me. It sits for 5 minutes, and it never loads.

Try refreshing.