00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

tippy104 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rhunyc's arts?

155,851 Views | 1,235 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-04-09 18:03:53

Here's that study.. Just got tired of working on it. I want to try something new now.

Rhunyc's arts?

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-04-10 21:20:04

Here's something I did in 4 hours tonight.. Really stoked with it so I kept going, and now I'm done working on it.

Rhunyc's arts?

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-04-18 22:06:39

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-04-18 23:48:12

At 4/18/13 10:06 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Some brighter colors..
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/rhunyc/damaged-batman

We sure that's not Two-Face under the mask?
Cause the right side of his face appears rather ravaged.....

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-04-22 21:56:59

At 4/18/13 11:48 PM, bigjonny13 wrote:
At 4/18/13 10:06 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Some brighter colors..
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/rhunyc/damaged-batman
We sure that's not Two-Face under the mask?
Cause the right side of his face appears rather ravaged.....

It could be!

Here's something else

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-04-22 22:28:12

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OKJXzZEGQzE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think I saw somebody post an embedded video on the forums, so hopefully this works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKJXzZEGQzE&feature=youtu.be

IF it doesn't work, then fuck.

Also shit.

But yeah, it's on my userpage anyway.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-07-18 21:37:42

I needed to do something.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-07-29 23:18:16

At 7/18/13 09:37 PM, Rhunyc wrote: I needed to do something.

Got a cintiq 24HD.. Moar art ensuing..

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-07-30 08:05:35

At 7/29/13 11:18 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Got a cintiq 24HD.. Moar art ensuing..

So you got it set up alright then?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-08-07 21:05:51

At 7/30/13 08:05 AM, bigjonny13 wrote:
At 7/29/13 11:18 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Got a cintiq 24HD.. Moar art ensuing..
So you got it set up alright then?

Yep, suuuuuure did!

Here's a 3 hour long study

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-08-10 18:06:52

Here's a study of something I've been diddling away at for the last few days. It's from a photo reference, just some practicing lighting/darking color values and such. Also trying to learn details different military items to maybe improve my own stuff... that sort of thing.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-08-12 00:00:42

Okay here's something else I've been working away on, but the thing is there's quite a few things wrong with it.

So maybe after I post it here I'll get a grip and realize what it is I'm doing wrong. I know his face is fucked up.

And I think his head is too high up.

Something like that.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-08-12 08:08:11

At 8/12/13 12:00 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Okay here's something else I've been working away on, but the thing is there's quite a few things wrong with it.
So maybe after I post it here I'll get a grip and realize what it is I'm doing wrong. I know his face is fucked up.
Something like that.

Head is also really tiny

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-08-12 16:38:29

At 8/12/13 08:08 AM, bigjonny13 wrote:
At 8/12/13 12:00 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Okay here's something else I've been working away on, but the thing is there's quite a few things wrong with it.
Something like that.
Head is also really tiny

Okay I even made it bigger than what it originally was gonna be.. My proportions are always fucked. I'll make it bigger :x Thanks for pointing that out though, I was having a tough time deciding whether not i was off on that.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-08-12 17:20:52

At 8/12/13 04:38 PM, Rhunyc wrote: My proportions are always fucked. I'll make it bigger :x Thanks for pointing that out though, I was having a tough time deciding whether not i was off on that.

When in doubt, take a picture of yourself in the same pose to use as a reference.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-08-14 21:51:44

At 8/12/13 05:20 PM, bigjonny13 wrote:
At 8/12/13 04:38 PM, Rhunyc wrote: My proportions are always fucked. I'll make it bigger :x Thanks for pointing that out though, I was having a tough time deciding whether not i was off on that.
When in doubt, take a picture of yourself in the same pose to use as a reference.

Good tip.

However I went back into black and white. Going to re-go at the colors and tweak some values in greyscale before I do the colors though. It's so much easier to define in greys than it is to in color. His face is getting more gordony but I gotta get something right.

I also lol'd at looking at it before, it totally looks like it was hank hill in a hev suit.. I want to photoshop that so bad now. :X

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-08-14 22:35:15

At 8/14/13 09:51 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
At 8/12/13 05:20 PM, bigjonny13 wrote:
Good tip.

However I went back into black and white. Going to re-go at the colors and tweak some values in greyscale before I do the colors though. It's so much easier to define in greys than it is to in color. His face is getting more gordony but I gotta get something right.

I also lol'd at looking at it before, it totally looks like it was hank hill in a hev suit.. I want to photoshop that so bad now. :X

I have mixed feelings about your work. From what I can tell, you know what you're doing for the most part, but when you do things that aren't studies, or long processes, your proportions are kind of iffy, and your values are kind of midrange all over. In areas, it'd help to have stark differences in value. to make things pop a bit more. I dunno for sure though, I'm just getting back to newgrounds, and I kind of just glanced over your recent works.

BBS Signature

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-08-14 23:54:24

At 8/14/13 09:51 PM, Rhunyc wrote: I also lol'd at looking at it before, it totally looks like it was hank hill in a hev suit.. I want to photoshop that so bad now. :X

I bet that the combine would like some of my propane

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-08-25 00:13:40

At 8/14/13 10:35 PM, gween123 wrote: I have mixed feelings about your work. From what I can tell, you know what you're doing for the most part, but when you do things that aren't studies, or long processes, your proportions are kind of iffy, and your values are kind of midrange all over. In areas, it'd help to have stark differences in value. to make things pop a bit more. I dunno for sure though, I'm just getting back to newgrounds, and I kind of just glanced over your recent works.

Thanks for being honest man. I hear ya though on what you're saying.

I'm trying though! I'm trying. Also, thank you for taking a look at my thread, it's appreciated.

At 8/14/13 11:54 PM, bigjonny13 wrote: I bet that the combine would like some of my propane

And propane accessories?

Here's a newly updated picture

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-09-01 00:30:53

Derd Sperce

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-09-26 19:21:41

Starting a new Dead Space fanart. I'll try to keep posting updates as I make it so you guys can see my process

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-09-26 19:52:58

Some basic color lay downs behind dem lines

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-09-26 20:02:48

Adding more values for details, and then this happened. Soups' cool. Specially since I haven't saved any of this.

Guess I'm gonna have to take a screen shot of what's in my screen and use that as a base.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-09-26 22:46:32

At 9/26/13 08:02 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Adding more values for details, and then this happened. Soups' cool. Specially since I haven't saved any of this.

Guess I'm gonna have to take a screen shot of what's in my screen and use that as a base.

After frustratingly going through phases of trying to re-do it, trying to paint over the lines, trying this and that.. I've finally decided to keep going with the original idea, also I flipped it.

Been adding more details and values here and there, trying to get the proportions and anatomy right as i go..

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-09-27 20:09:31

More stuff

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-09-27 21:15:02

Gettin' therrreee

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-09-27 22:27:56

At 9/27/13 09:15 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Gettin' therrreee

It's...it's like watching a beautiful Pokemon evolve...

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-09-27 22:42:54

At 9/27/13 10:27 PM, spirit9871 wrote:

Your w.i.p. is evolving!!...

It was a success!

Your w.i.p. is now a Dead Space!

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-09-28 14:00:55

At 9/27/13 10:42 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
At 9/27/13 10:27 PM, spirit9871 wrote:
Your w.i.p. is evolving!!...

It was a success!

Your w.i.p. is now a Dead Space!
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/rhunyc/dead-space

Lmfao XDD

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-10-05 01:44:07

:D

Here's some late night sketches

Rhunyc's arts?