00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

aniMATING just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rhunyc's arts?

155,196 Views | 1,235 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Rhunyc's arts? 2008-10-21 16:25:21

Urrr, so I just submitted a flash, and while I sit here and wait patiently for it to get blammed, I thought I'd submit some of my arts and see what peoples think?

This is one I did while listening to Lamb of God. I was goin' for a more realistic kinda style, instead of what I usually do. The words up in the corner are supposed to say "Take me under your black wing." :)

Rhunyc's arts?

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-10-21 16:39:23

Well, here's another one I did a while ago. I have a morbid kind-of style, so watch out?

This one I did while listening to Job For a Cowboy, Behemoth, and Nine Inch Nails. :)

(And yeah, I don't get a lot of crit on dA, so I'm kinda expanding my feedback horizons, I guess.)

Rhunyc's arts?

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-10-21 16:57:09

I like the concept of this one a lot, and it's colored quite well. The right hand seems a bit...deformed, but you're probaby already aware of that.

My only real criticism is that it seems a bit sketchy and unfinished, and since you obviously have a basic grasp on anatomy and composition, I know that you could complete this with more detail and polish.

I hope you can get some useful critiques and criticisms on here...although, I have to say that bad art tends to get more attention than good art...so, if you don't get a lot of replies, assume that it's because people liked your work.

Also, because I'm always curious, how was this pic made? Is it hand drawn and scanned? Or was it all done on a computer? And which program did you use for coloring?

At 10/21/08 04:39 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Well, here's another one I did a while ago. I have a morbid kind-of style, so watch out?

This one I did while listening to Job For a Cowboy, Behemoth, and Nine Inch Nails. :)

(And yeah, I don't get a lot of crit on dA, so I'm kinda expanding my feedback horizons, I guess.)

BBS Signature

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-10-21 17:02:48

At 10/21/08 04:57 PM, johnnycancer wrote: Also, because I'm always curious, how was this pic made? Is it hand drawn and scanned? Or was it all done on a computer? And which program did you use for coloring?

That one was made all in Photoshop. I drew it by hand using a tablet. So, it's hand-drawn right in photoshop... I usually do that nowadays more than traditional, because it looks nicer, but mainly because it's WAY easier to edit than by erasing lines, hah. That, and I don't have to go and scan it when I'm finished. :) Thank you for the useful comment though! I appreciate that. :]

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-10-21 17:54:03

Here's one I just did. I was aiming to focus more on the background, in teh beginning. But, as I got more into it, I really love how I got the pose to look. So, I decided to focus on the character instead. But, I realized that coloring all the bits in the bg would be a HUGE pain, so I then ultimately decided to focus all my attention on the shading. :D So, it ended up being a dark-ass shadowy mess.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-10-21 18:00:09

Here's some warhammer fanart! My scanner broke, so please don't mind the crack-glass effect, lol. :(

Sorry, I'm just uploading art I have on my computer, so it's not like I'm just pumping these out in a matter of minutes. :D

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-10-21 19:12:05

I like the orc, but his hands and eyes look off.

Nice work!

Formerly PieLover61

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-10-21 20:19:51

At 10/21/08 07:12 PM, PieLover61 wrote: I like the orc, but his hands and eyes look off.

Nice work!

Thank you! :D

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-10-21 21:44:42

Omg I really love this. Your detail is great and the concept for them are really interesting.
Keep up the good work, I wish I could say more! XD

Oh yeah and you have great taste in music. ;) Please PM me all of the bands you like cuz Lamb of God and Job for a Cowboy are insane.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-10-21 22:14:46

At 10/21/08 09:44 PM, Hellknight1000 wrote: Omg I really love this. Your detail is great and the concept for them are really interesting.
Keep up the good work, I wish I could say more! XD

Oh yeah and you have great taste in music. ;) Please PM me all of the bands you like cuz Lamb of God and Job for a Cowboy are insane.

Hah! Ok. Thanks for that! And yeah, what you said is way better than nothing. :) I'll compile a list of bands I'm a fan of for ya.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-10-21 22:26:35

Here's one I did that has an actual story behind it... It's rather long, so if you're longing for a story, check it out HERE!
:) That and you can see the huge-ass version of it. x]

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-10-22 19:35:08

At 10/21/08 10:26 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Here's one I did that has an actual story behind it... It's rather long, so if you're longing for a story, check it out HERE!
) That and you can see the huge-ass version of it. x]

Totally awesome. I read your DA post and I really got myself in the story, I'm being 100% honest. Very interesting! :D
And the pic is awesome, I really like your choice of colours and shading.
Thumbs up with a enthusiastic happy face -> :) lol

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-10-22 21:42:12

At 10/22/08 07:35 PM, Hellknight1000 wrote: Totally awesome. I read your DA post and I really got myself in the story, I'm being 100% honest. Very interesting! :D

Hah, thank you! :) I appreciate ya checking that out, sir! It keeps me goin. :)

I'm also glad you got into it! It makes my day knowing something I made interested someone so much that they get into it. :) Totally appreciate that. :]]

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-10-22 21:48:24

Wow! I love your macabre and horror style!

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-10-22 21:54:37

At 10/22/08 09:48 PM, Eye8UrBrains wrote: Wow! I love your macabre and horror style!

Hey cool, thank you! :D I'm glad you enjoy it!!

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-10-22 23:20:04

At 10/22/08 09:42 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
At 10/22/08 07:35 PM, Hellknight1000 wrote: Totally awesome. I read your DA post and I really got myself in the story, I'm being 100% honest. Very interesting! :D
Hah, thank you! :) I appreciate ya checking that out, sir! It keeps me goin. :)
I'm also glad you got into it! It makes my day knowing something I made interested someone so much that they get into it. :) Totally appreciate that. :]]

Hey np, I'm glad that 'gets you goin'' lol It must feel good to create something, then sit down and work on it to share with people who show interest in it. A huge accomplishment indeed.
I hope to see some more posts from ya, keep it up. ;D

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-10-23 05:36:22

At 10/21/08 10:26 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Here's one I did that has an actual story behind it...

Awesome! Love the way the roots are placed and the curves. :)

Click HERE to go to my DeviantART

BBS Signature

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-10-23 09:19:03

At 10/21/08 10:26 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
) That and you can see the huge-ass version of it. x]

Nice to see. I like these artworks, most of them are pretty detailed, deep too, lots of visions to find in them.

The latest: Hexa #95 (Mar)

BBS Signature

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-10-23 22:27:57

Awesome! Love the way the roots are placed and the curves. :)

:D Thank you! Glad you think so. :]

:Nice to see. I like these artworks, most of them are pretty detailed, deep too, lots of visions to find in
:them.

Glad you like them, and find the detailed bits I put out!

It's always fun to read feedback, whether it be good or bad. :) So I appreciate it whenever it's good!

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-10-23 22:46:26

What else is there to say... A TRUE ARTIST maybe try drawing a picture a little more happy to try somthing different
:)

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-10-24 00:43:59

I like it. Cool stuff. Might want to work on your hands and getting a bit more detail in them. Don't be scared to zoom.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-11-25 18:46:16

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate that as always. And I know I need to work on my hands... Blegh. I'm terrible with hands, though I have been practicing, so hopefully I can fix that in time. :) :)

But yeah. I've been working on my Flash skills as of late, and playing Warhammer online, so that's why I haven't updated with anything new in a while...

But here's a doodle I've been doing at work of a madness character! :O :D

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-11-25 19:29:14

At 10/21/08 06:00 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Here's some warhammer fanart! My scanner broke, so please don't mind the crack-glass effect, lol. :(

Sorry, I'm just uploading art I have on my computer, so it's not like I'm just pumping these out in a matter of minutes. :D

love it, like how you kept to the Orks overkill theme just need to add more to the bottom and maybe colour and a background and you'll have awesome picture

Drop Ya Pants and Grind, with M to the C

The Greatest Story Ever Told

BBS Signature

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-11-25 19:43:46

At 11/25/08 07:29 PM, Grind wrote:
At 10/21/08 06:00 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Here's some warhammer fanart! My scanner broke, so please don't mind the crack-glass effect, lol. :(

love it, like how you kept to the Orks overkill theme just need to add more to the bottom and maybe colour and a background and you'll have awesome picture

Thanks! I was thinking about doing that one of these days. I just gotta muster up the motivation... xD

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-11-25 21:04:50

At 11/25/08 08:25 PM, PrinceFlea wrote: Dude I just don't know how to say this correctly but your art work is just freaking awesome ... These dark and illusive concepts are pretty damn original but just how do they just come up in your mind like that?

Sweet! Thanks a lot!

And you know, it's really hard to muster up ideas like these for me on free will, because they're mostly emotional-based. It's kind of my way of releasing my inner-turmoils and whatnot, rather than talking to a friend or letting someone know I'm upset, I just think of ideas and concepts that match how I'm feeling and put them to life.

For instance, the picture where stuff's coming out of his mouth, that was a picture I thought up while I was upset over jealousy. When I feel absurdly jealous, I get this feeling in my chest, like I could literally throw up a bunch of shit from my insides. I hate the feeling of being jealous, because it's not right. It's like an inner-demon-kinda thing controlling the way you feel, to make you dislike somebody for something you really shouldn't. So, the picture is my way of showing my inner-demon-thing, I guess... Or my jealousy. It's wrong, and disgusting, and so I tried to match it.

Another way I come up with ideas, is through music. Music/Emotions are 98% of my art. With music, sometimes a song will inspire me, it'll sound so freakin' cool that I like to imagine a scenario or object or person that'd look bad-ass while the song is playing, you know? Like, trance music and dark/death metal are reallllly good producers of that inspiration. :) Slower acoustic songs also do the trick. :)

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-11-25 21:09:09

Here's one I did almost a year ago, and I even wrote a short story behind the picture, to give it a little more depth and feeling. :) It took me a long time, not because it was difficult to draw necessarily, but because it was one of those drawings I just drew at my own leisure... I didn't rush it at all and it's one of my best pictures. :)

Story:
Appreciating life is a lot easier when you've given up everything but the clothes on your back and you're on a train to nowhere. Somehow, you realize that you've never had it all before. Once you take a look at all the untouched beauty, you realize that everyday luxuries aren't comparable to experiencing life first-hand. When you have nothing to worry about, and all the time in the world, you can appreciate things more greatly than before.

Until this idea sparked in my mind, I had thought I had it all. But, as this mission grew, I started to realize how much more I could gain through giving up most of all that I own. I couldn't be happier with the decision I've made.

Of course I'll go back home. Maybe. But until then, I'll appreciate what God has given us, and have it all. Because, once I go back home, I'll be pulled to a lifestyle where I have to sleep at a certain time, work at a certain time, eat at a certain time, and see only certain things at certain times of the day. I won't be able to move freely, wherever and whenever I like. I'll have to measure what I do, for it all has a cost in that lifestyle.

So, until the day comes where I'll need to return home, I'll fall asleep to traintrack lullabies and wake up to sunrises that could change the world..

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-11-25 21:47:16

Great work! I love your use of black in some of them, you pull off the gothic/horror style rather well. Your watermark in some of the pictures really takes away from the final result, are you that worried about someone stealing your art?

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-11-25 22:00:58

At 11/25/08 09:47 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Great work! I love your use of black in some of them, you pull off the gothic/horror style rather well. Your watermark in some of the pictures really takes away from the final result, are you that worried about someone stealing your art?

Thank you! I appreciate that. :D

And I'm not really worried about it, I just don't want it to happen at all. The ones that have my name in opaque letters aren't watermarked on my deviantart account, (well they are, but the image is a lot larger on dA, and the watermarks are tiny [just a little something to prove it's mine]).

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-11-25 22:09:52

Just wanted to say that I'm lovin' your stuff. Very inspirational-- it's not often that I respond emotionally to artwork. So keep up the great work!

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-11-26 07:10:43

At 11/25/08 10:09 PM, Jaex wrote: Just wanted to say that I'm lovin' your stuff. Very inspirational-- it's not often that I respond emotionally to artwork. So keep up the great work!

Well I feel very honored. I appreciate that. :) And I will, no worries! :]

Here's a WIP I started at work today on my 15 minute break. :) I'll probably add more tomorrow night.

Rhunyc's arts?