00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rhunyc's arts?

155,662 Views | 1,235 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-01-30 22:32:08

At 1/28/14 01:19 PM, AntonOxenuk wrote: your studies appear to be the best man, keep on practicing :)
my advice would be to completely abandon the soft brush for a while
and keep opacity 50-100% most of the time
that practice helped me a lot, I think it might help you too

Thanks a bunch for commenting and leaving helpful advice. :) I have a hard time with the hard brushes on opacity 50-100%, because I'm really messy when I paint and I don't leave concise strokes down, and that I'm also terrible at blending my shades with a brush like that, it just takes me forever.

But, regardless, I still tried to do that with this study here, it looks nicer, but it took me 4 hours to do this (there's a lot more that's cropped out, going to submit the whole thing when I'm done). I got hung up on the face, faces are hard.

Anyone else notice how when attempting realistic painting or portraits, that even the slightest thing off can make the face look like someone else??? It's mind-numbingly frustrating for me, but rewarding when I figure out wtf is making it all look so messed up.

At 1/30/14 01:55 PM, hreyas wrote: this one's pretty badass

Thanks guy, I don't know which one you're referring too, but I appreciate the comment regardless. :>

Rhunyc's arts?

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-01-31 19:38:22

30 minute sketch, I came up with the idea for a friend and I to do. So basically we pick a song, and send it to eachother, the rule is that we have to listen to the song the person gave us on repeat for 30 minutes and paint to it, to see what comes out or inspires us by the song.

My friend gave me this.

Rhunyc's arts?

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-02-01 22:07:52

Here's a couple hours of me thinking purple and yellow is cool.

for some reason i'm having deja vu... can't put my finger on why...

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-02-01 23:15:33

Purple and yellow together is cool. I'm inspired.

At 2/1/14 10:07 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Here's a couple hours of me thinking purple and yellow is cool.

| Art n' animation Tumblr | R&S comic Tumblr | Follow for LIVE streams Twitter | Animation CH YouTube |

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-02-10 22:44:00

At 2/1/14 11:15 PM, maficmelody wrote: Purple and yellow together is cool. I'm inspired.

At 2/1/14 10:07 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Here's a couple hours of me thinking purple and yellow is cool.

Thanks man, glad it inspired you a bit. :>

Starting up a v-day/anniversary gift for my girlfriend. She loves batman and batgirl is her favorite super heroine, so I'm painting her in a batgirl costume. ;>

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-02-11 23:59:16

Something dumb

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-02-13 02:49:01

More of that girlfriend painting

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-02-13 02:50:10

At 2/13/14 02:49 AM, Rhunyc wrote: More of that girlfriend painting

Lol, meant to upload this version but whatever. YOU CAN SEE I FIDDLED WITH THE HANDS.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-02-13 04:11:35

PRETTY MUCH DONE WITH THIS, I'm up wayyy too late, seeing as how I have to go to work in 3 hours. But, it was worth it. Tomorrow I'll do some finishing touches and hopefully find some good place to print it at.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-02-13 22:52:10

I lied, a few more adjustments later... But there's a couple more things to do and then.... AND THEN I'M DONE. But i'll submit it here soon enough when I can. For now, this'll be the last update I throw in here.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-02-13 23:39:06

At 2/13/14 10:52 PM, Rhunyc wrote: I lied, a few more adjustments later... But there's a couple more things to do and then.... AND THEN I'M DONE. But i'll submit it here soon enough when I can. For now, this'll be the last update I throw in here.

After doing some heavy facebook dectectiving (any by detectiving I mean creeping) I can say, yeah, it looks like her :D

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-02-14 00:32:06

At 2/13/14 11:39 PM, bigjonny13 wrote:
At 2/13/14 10:52 PM, Rhunyc wrote: I lied, a few more adjustments later... But there's a couple more things to do and then.... AND THEN I'M DONE. But i'll submit it here soon enough when I can. For now, this'll be the last update I throw in here.
After doing some heavy facebook dectectiving (any by detectiving I mean creeping) I can say, yeah, it looks like her :D

Awesome! Haha, dats gooooood! Was a little worried about that, but glad to have a second opinion.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-02-18 18:53:28

Here's something I'm working on for a different thread on this board.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-02-20 23:29:45

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-02-20 23:43:10

At 2/20/14 11:29 PM, Rhunyc wrote: A demon, because demon.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/rhunyc/demon

I am loving that piece man! I think it looks great!

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-02-21 16:39:42

At 2/20/14 11:43 PM, Ramatsu wrote:
At 2/20/14 11:29 PM, Rhunyc wrote: A demon, because demon.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/rhunyc/demon
I am loving that piece man! I think it looks great!

Thanks a lot dude! I appreciate that!

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-02-21 22:23:06

Somethin new

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-02-22 19:26:08

NOTHING NEW TO ADD TO MY ART, HOWEVER.

I'm in the process of getting a partner to go to a convention with me to sell my art! It's super exciting stuff that it's actually like *happening* so I thought I would blurt out my excitement somewhere.

I chose here, because at least I feel like nobody will really care.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-02-22 20:46:37

That's great! I'll be rooting for you. I've been recently looking into the con circuit too, but I suspect I need a following to make the best of having a table. That's the pessimist in me keeping me back :P

At 2/22/14 07:26 PM, Rhunyc wrote: NOTHING NEW TO ADD TO MY ART, HOWEVER.

I'm in the process of getting a partner to go to a convention with me to sell my art! It's super exciting stuff that it's actually like *happening* so I thought I would blurt out my excitement somewhere.

| Art n' animation Tumblr | R&S comic Tumblr | Follow for LIVE streams Twitter | Animation CH YouTube |

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-02-22 21:15:32

At 2/22/14 08:46 PM, maficmelody wrote: That's great! I'll be rooting for you. I've been recently looking into the con circuit too, but I suspect I need a following to make the best of having a table. That's the pessimist in me keeping me back :P

At 2/22/14 07:26 PM, Rhunyc wrote: NOTHING NEW TO ADD TO MY ART, HOWEVER.

Aw man, I hear you. I feel the same way, but nobody locally really knows who I am at all, I'm pretty introverted. The only place I really have any form of a presence would be online. So with the con, nobody will know me anyways, haha.

But it is an excellent place to get yourself out there. I went to one today just to check it out, and it was pretty awesome. I met a few artists there and it was super cool.

I'm really lucky though and I have a friend who's willing to share a table with me, and she knows a lot about what to do and how to get started with a convention, so she's my go-to for any questions I have. It's super excellent to have a guide, which was the hardest part about getting into this.

But, I submitted it:

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-02-26 16:12:50

Decided I hated the other version, so I'm redoing him to make him look less like a wimp.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-02-26 18:54:36

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-02-26 19:29:57

At 2/26/14 06:54 PM, Rhunyc wrote: And another one bites the dust

Needs more beard

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-03-07 17:40:53

At 2/26/14 07:29 PM, bigjonny13 wrote:
At 2/26/14 06:54 PM, Rhunyc wrote: And another one bites the dust
Needs more beard

sorry broski..

HERE'S SOMETHING, I used a reference to get the oddness of the pose down, I modified the pose to match what I have in mind for my image. (ref here)

Gonna work on doing a fanart for the reaper of souls contest for D3.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-03-07 22:28:53

Some terrible cropping, but whatever.

I'm realizing I don't have any set process on doing an image.. I feel like it's a brand new experience painting every time, like I have to re-discover things I should already know.

It's fucking weird.

Well maybe it's just because I don't paint everyday like I ought to...

>:

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-03-14 22:30:11

personal piece, been a while since i've done something to vent my emotions

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-03-14 22:31:17

At 3/14/14 10:30 PM, Rhunyc wrote: personal piece, been a while since i've done something to vent my emotions

Oh I would go and do that.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-03-16 16:30:28

20 minute doodle

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-03-16 19:58:33

Yay even more emotional baggage.

|:

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2014-03-17 19:06:12

Doin some anatomy studies when suddenly I realize...

Rhunyc's arts?