00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Boayne98 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rhunyc's arts?

155,648 Views | 1,235 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-01-08 18:54:55

A commission I'm working on for somebody. ;O

Rhunyc's arts?

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-01-08 21:05:59

Something old I'm diddling around with.. An older picture i'm updating

Rhunyc's arts?

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-01-13 21:42:16

something

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-01-13 22:08:17

hah, love that napoleon one

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-01-15 07:22:56

At 11/6/12 09:57 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Here's a badass girl with a sniprar rifle

Gas masks...
There's something sexy about them.

nope, no sig.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-01-16 19:40:11

At 1/13/13 10:08 PM, Template88 wrote: hah, love that napoleon one

Lol, thanks, having fun trying to figure out colors based on oooooooold paintings. :3

At 1/15/13 07:22 AM, RogueSoul wrote: Gas masks...
There's something sexy about them.

:D True dat!

Here's something based on my current emotions. No references used.. I'm just psyched I'm able to make it how I envision it, rather than paint something god awful and settle for less.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-01-16 20:53:01

At 1/16/13 07:40 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
Here's something based on my current emotions. No references used.. I'm just psyched I'm able to make it how I envision it, rather than paint something god awful and settle for less.

Last update of this, next one will be the finished version..

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-01-16 21:49:30

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-01-16 22:30:21

At 1/16/13 07:40 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Here's something based on my current emotions.

Sorry man, but BOOBS isn't an emotion......
Unless the whole image is your emotion, in which case, when did you grow tits?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-01-16 23:07:18

At 1/16/13 10:30 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 1/16/13 07:40 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Here's something based on my current emotions.
Sorry man, but BOOBS isn't an emotion......
Unless the whole image is your emotion, in which case, when did you grow tits?

Oh I was going for the whole emotion is genderless sort of thing...

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-01-16 23:14:14

At 1/16/13 11:07 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Oh I was going for the whole emotion is genderless sort of thing...

I figured as much, but I just boobs

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-01-17 00:23:16

Thanks for the lols. On that note.. they do seem a tad low considering you already dropped the neck and raised the shoulders. May I post an image description in your thread?

At 1/16/13 11:14 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 1/16/13 11:07 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Oh I was going for the whole emotion is genderless sort of thing...
I figured as much, but I just boobs

| Art n' animation Tumblr | R&S comic Tumblr | Follow for LIVE streams Twitter | Animation CH YouTube |

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-01-17 08:15:31

At 1/17/13 12:23 AM, maficmelody wrote: Thanks for the lols. On that note.. they do seem a tad low considering you already dropped the neck and raised the shoulders. May I post an image description in your thread?

Go for it! :)

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-01-18 19:08:44

MISTEEER FREEEEMAN

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-01-20 17:40:28

At 1/18/13 07:08 PM, Rhunyc wrote: MISTEEER FREEEEMAN

froomans wat do

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-01-20 18:01:33

At 1/20/13 05:40 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
froomans wat do

WURS DEM GLASIS?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-01-23 20:37:54

At 1/20/13 06:01 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 1/20/13 05:40 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
froomans wat do
WURS DEM GLASIS?

HES HOLDING THEM, BUT YOU CANT SEE HIS HAND IN DA CROP DAWG

Here's something completely different

Doing a little musical chairs with my art :S

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-01-24 00:17:42

At 1/23/13 08:37 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
Here's something completely different

Doing a little musical chairs with my art :S

UPDATE

NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT BIGFOOT

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-01-25 16:11:15

Duuuude, thanks for taking the time to list some suggestions!! I really appreciate it. :)

At 1/25/13 06:45 AM, ImpendingRiot wrote: Good stuff Rhunyc, glad to see you're still at it. I have three suggestions.

1. I'm assuming you're using the overlay method of coloring? Doing black and white tonal drawings and then putting color on top of it? I'm curious if after you do this step, if you manually select any colors? As in putting a layer of color on top that isn't set to overlay, just using your eye? I've found it helpful to do this, especially when it comes to skin tones. Overlaying color is great to get an idea of what the color will look like, but some colors can end up looking muddy so I like to go in after and manually throw some color down. If you're already doing this, ignore me.

Normally yes, I do that greyscale first and coloring with an overlay/color/multiply layer.. However with this last one I just started shading and everything with colors first. And yeah, I do add in colors after I do the initial color overlay.. It's just now after doing it for a while I'm learning that before when I thought I was being risque with my color choices I threw in, I wasn't really.. So someone who normally paints with colors and stuff would look at it and not see what I saw while doing it, haha. It's hard to explain, but I understand what you're saying completely.. I guess what I'm trying to say is basically I'm inching my way to that point.. Haha. But that's probably a given just by looking at my art.

I just feel like I gotta progress slowly with it instead of jumping into it head first, especially since I barely know anything about color theory and what colors make sense where.. It's something I'm trying to grasp, but yeah.... It's a little over my head yet. Haha..

2. I think you'd benefit from doing a few restricted palette exercises. Maybe have 3 or 4 tones and set your opacity to 100% and try to render something as best as you can. I still feel like you're over shading in some places. It creates a bit of blurriness and diminishes some of the edges. Don't be afraid of flat colors.

I have to agree with you on this. I'll try that, thank you for the idea.

3. I'd like to see you color some of your pieces the way you did your Skyfall image. I've noticed in most of your pictures you tend to color everything with its associated color. Skin is fleshtone, blood is red, etc. I'm not saying go completely wild (or maybe I am) but try to experiment with more cinematic lighting. Use unexpected colors.

Yeah I'll have to say I'm guilty of that... Like I said earlier in this long reply, I'm just too uneducated in ways of coloring skin tones in a realistic fashion off the top of my head without using associated colors... That was a mouthful.. But yeah. Any suggestions or tips on recognizing them? I mean, I've watched videos on warm and cool shadows and colors.. but for some reason I'm having a hard time figuring out how it all works together.. It's just something I don't think about logistically... And looking at things, it's hard for my brain to pick out the actual colors, rather than the colors that my mind thinks they are.

It's just guess work for me right now. >.< So yeah, gonna have to get shit together here with that..

Maybe I'll try that color pallet thing... No blending of two colors usually?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-01-25 21:15:05

At 1/25/13 08:38 PM, ImpendingRiot wrote: No problem, man. I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit. Don't worry about color theory so much, just experiment a bit :) The movie still thing is a good exercise for you. Even if you steal the colors from some of the stills until you're more comfortable.

Yeah definitely... It's something I find myself doing a bit of in the beginning of the coloring, but then i start adjusting and picking my own different variations and such.

Here's an update on that military guy

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-01-28 21:28:58

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-01-28 22:49:41

DOODLE

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-02-12 17:47:50

Finished that commission

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-02-28 22:17:36

Yeah some more freemans... playing with colors

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-03-25 21:48:52

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-03-25 22:45:44

At 3/25/13 09:48 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Because blue/orange.

I can't be the only one that saw this.

Mind you, blue/orange is a fucking radical colour scheme.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-04-04 23:11:20

At 3/25/13 10:45 PM, Lintire wrote:
At 3/25/13 09:48 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Because blue/orange.
I can't be the only one that saw this.

Mind you, blue/orange is a fucking radical colour scheme.

Lolololol.. Yeah I couldn't help but feel like I was doing something wrong with the lips... Usually I don't notice those things until AFTER I've posted it everywhere... This case was no different.

Here's a crop from a painting of a movie still I'm working on atm.. Getting tired so I'm calling it quits on it for today.. I'm sort of going all out and going to flesh out everything in the image, instead of just doing the main character and filling in the rest lazily... So it's taking me a while. But I figure it's best to practice full on environments

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-04-04 23:12:48

And here's something I did yesterday... More studying... I studied this thing, and made up a pose for it

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-04-04 23:45:37

At 4/4/13 11:11 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Here's a crop from a painting of a movie still I'm working on atm.. Getting tired so I'm calling it quits on it for today.. I'm sort of going all out and going to flesh out everything in the image, instead of just doing the main character and filling in the rest lazily... So it's taking me a while. But I figure it's best to practice full on environments

Hope there's a lot more coming here, because Anton's face looks like he's melting lol.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2013-04-05 00:07:10

At 4/4/13 11:45 PM, bigjonny13 wrote:
Hope there's a lot more coming here, because Anton's face looks like he's melting lol.

OH THERE IS

I'm just taking a break for a couple of days. I've mostly been working on the background and depth, but i want to go back and work on his face to make it look better, cause it's pretty off from what i've been noticing