00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ng Level Collab

84,568 Views | 1,507 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-09 18:09:04

At 7/9/08 05:41 PM, Akadra wrote: Is there still a spot free for me?

If you could give us a link to your most recent work, there would be ;)

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-09 18:14:04

Zerobeam, cna you give us an updated list of everything please? =D gives us a look at how much is done/to be done and what is undecided yet...

thanks =D

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-09 20:08:44

Zerobeam, can you give us an updated list of everything please? =D gives us a look at how much is done/to be done and what is undecided yet...

i want to see the list too, cuz quite frankly i wanna do another part when im finished with mine ^_^

Viva Mexico Cabrones

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 05:06:33

i wouldnt mind seeing a list too! cos i need it to put the name into the menu, its unlikly ill do another part it depends how much time is left, look like forever! i will upload new menu today!

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 06:12:46

hi

i have now done as much as i can for the moment, until zerobeam decides on what menu design. we will have to see what K-Guare does...

Here is my Menu

Any feedback can be recived but i wont implement it yet.
hope your animations are going well!

now back to mine!

thanks again

funky

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 06:13:54

Dude are there any spaces left open? i would love to join!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 06:38:31

At 7/10/08 06:13 AM, AlmightyLemon wrote: Dude are there any spaces left open? i would love to join!

if you pm zerobeam then you should be able to get in...

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 09:06:19

At 7/10/08 06:12 AM, funkycaveman wrote: hi

i have now done as much as i can for the moment, until zerobeam decides on what menu design. we will have to see what K-Guare does...

Here is my Menu

Any feedback can be recived but i wont implement it yet.
hope your animations are going well!

now back to mine!

thanks again

funky

i like it...but one thing...when viewing the scene selection and viewing the information instead of having to go back to choose would you be able to make it so there is a next button to go directly to the next level? not sure if that made sence... or not =p but hopefully you get the idea..

other than that i really like it...but there isn't any music on it anymore

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 09:09:03

yea i know exacally what you mean and it wont take long, so i will do it quick,
whops i said i wouldnt ammend it, thanks mate anything else before i go?

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 09:28:06

At 7/10/08 09:09 AM, funkycaveman wrote: yea i know exacally what you mean and it wont take long, so i will do it quick,
whops i said i wouldnt ammend it, thanks mate anything else before i go?

nah it looks awsome xD can't wait to see this thing finished

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 09:38:51

funkycaveman - Great menu. I was thinking of trying in making one too , but the one you just showed is perfect! good job man.

51lver - Im not the leader of this collab , so I wont say whats good and whats not. But two weapons flying and touching isnt enough for a good score. Try to make some cracks on weapons or something else to make it more fun.

K-Guare - I totally agree with you, imagine 30 parts ,well , lets say 20 parts of 2 weapons fightning... Boring!

Strangelyspammed - Try harder man. Add gradient for your background. Try harder on those ''flowers''. Im sure u ccould make a better looking bat ... Add shading , details.

Zerobeam - Hi.

Im almost done with my animation ( for most of it ) and i'll show it tomorow or tonight to get some comments and suggestions.

Thanks.
AAF.

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 09:58:58

At 7/10/08 09:38 AM, AAF wrote: 51lver - Im not the leader of this collab , so I wont say whats good and whats not. But two weapons flying and touching isnt enough for a good score. Try to make some cracks on weapons or something else to make it more fun.

okay that is a fair comment xD

i'll add more detail to when they connect, add some scratches and dents in them...and the other part...i'm not having a "proper" fight....it is a bit different...so the whole collab isn't fighting...

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 09:59:44

At 7/10/08 09:38 AM, AAF wrote: funkycaveman - Great menu. I was thinking of trying in making one too , but the one you just showed is perfect! good job man.

51lver - Im not the leader of this collab , so I wont say whats good and whats not. But two weapons flying and touching isnt enough for a good score. Try to make some cracks on weapons or something else to make it more fun.

K-Guare - I totally agree with you, imagine 30 parts ,well , lets say 20 parts of 2 weapons fightning... Boring!

Strangelyspammed - Try harder man. Add gradient for your background. Try harder on those ''flowers''. Im sure u ccould make a better looking bat ... Add shading , details.

Zerobeam - Hi.

Im almost done with my animation ( for most of it ) and i'll show it tomorow or tonight to get some comments and suggestions.

Thanks.
AAF.

aaf- thanks for feedback, just a few things i need to do

51lver- working on the menu as i speak, i didnt put music cos it slows it down but i will add some

strangly spammed- use this to aid your scene, ask me if you want help Click Here

AFF- sorry for coping you

my part 3, i will add to the menu so you can see how it works...

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 11:00:33

ok i have enabled previous and next buttons and music, the music is a bit messed up atm but i can fix that later

if you press play on part 3 its my start of an animation, hope you like it, it shows how the animations will work with the menu.

Same Link As Before
thanks

hope you animations are going well,
51ver- tips for you:
* add a new layer on top then add a slight blue tint to the stage(iwht a blue mc covering the stage with alpha about 20%, this will make it look like a computer screen.

*make the level text appear on stage longer

*make the sword break in two at he end

*add a vs. between the two levels to show they are against each other

*when somthing hits somthing hard and it hits the floor maybe make the screen rumble about and add little cracks on the side of the screen for effect

if you listen to feedback and add it things will be better, such as you saying about the menu!!

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 11:55:19

okay i have updated my part so it now has:
> a blue tint to it,
> the text stays up longer,
> the sword breaks in two at the end,
> a vs. appears,
and the screen shakes on impact

anything else anyone thinks i need to add/take out?

thankyou Funkycaveman with those pointers =)

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 12:10:48

thats so much better! well done

you may need to play about with the blue tint tho' becuase its not that noticeable maybe add a radial gradient to it, with a darker blue colour in the middle.

its looking a lot better, hows the other part going!

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 12:19:04

At 7/10/08 12:10 PM, funkycaveman wrote: thats so much better! well done

you may need to play about with the blue tint tho' becuase its not that noticeable maybe add a radial gradient to it, with a darker blue colour in the middle.

its looking a lot better, hows the other part going!

okay yeh, i'll do that later though, going out for a bit now...umm other part is okay, added a slight intro and a little bit of speach..needs a lot of work though, i'll post an update on both parts later on tonight

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 14:00:14

Funkycaveman - i love your menu even more than i did before

51Iver - your animation does look better that way :]

AAF - omg, its fun to type this way!

Zerobeam - plz..the list?

To other participants - Where's your flash preview? We've only seen about 5 or less

I will post an update of my animation REALLY later tonight. PISS OUT! i mean peace out..

Viva Mexico Cabrones

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 14:49:37

funkycaveman- uploaded another even better menu, lol! Here
51lver- looking forward to your animation

Zerobeam- Where are you we are missing you!

WAaAzZAaA- i agree with you its either they are hard at work in a cage or not active and cant be bothered, i think around 30 people is a lotso we may have to do mulitple part, but theres no deadline so we got time, to improve the menu! we have seen less than 3 good ones i think.

AFF- whey!

p.s. i have just got my new mouse so i can start proably making my part and not fuss about with the stupid menu. (sorry menu)

menu is even better have a look!

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 15:16:07

At 7/10/08 02:58 PM, zrb wrote:
menu is even better have a look!
You based alot of the art on filters. Its great, but I could have been better ;)

yea not much art, but i will be send ing the .fla to zerobeam if he requires it and he can change it then, also if i put in some of my art it would be rubbish, but yea there are a lot of filters.

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 16:09:04

Just an update guys, I know I haven't been active alot in the past few days, that's because I've caught a nasty cold and my eyes feel like they will explode everytime I look at my computer screen. So as you may have guessed, not much progress has been made on my part in the animation department. But, haveing never recieved an answer from anyone with my file size dilemma, I've gone ahead and drew up new story boards for my animations with good old fashioned paper and pencil. They will be combined into one, hopefuly shrinking the overall size.

funkycaveman, very kewl menu. I was thinking, like you said there isn't much art there... maybe when this cold clears up I can use photoshop to draw up some detailed PNGs of the levels? You or anyone else that wants to use them for their menus could have them fading in and out in the background? Just a thought.

Well, my eyes are screaming with pain right now, so I prolly won't be on here very often during the next day or two. So everybody good luck and have fun.

We are all transitional beings, a consequence of the past and a cause for the future.

My Deviant art page is HERE

XBOX Live Gamertag: ape X ape

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 16:21:10

At 7/10/08 04:09 PM, HeavyDNY86 wrote: Just an update guys, I know I haven't been active alot in the past few days, that's because I've caught a nasty cold and my eyes feel like they will explode everytime I look at my computer screen. So as you may have guessed, not much progress has been made on my part in the animation department. But, haveing never recieved an answer from anyone with my file size dilemma, I've gone ahead and drew up new story boards for my animations with good old fashioned paper and pencil. They will be combined into one, hopefuly shrinking the overall size.

funkycaveman, very kewl menu. I was thinking, like you said there isn't much art there... maybe when this cold clears up I can use photoshop to draw up some detailed PNGs of the levels? You or anyone else that wants to use them for their menus could have them fading in and out in the background? Just a thought.

Well, my eyes are screaming with pain right now, so I prolly won't be on here very often during the next day or two. So everybody good luck and have fun.

oh nasty a cold in the summer tho' to much screen time, looks like im up till 2 am doing my animation, as we all do, heres a slightly better one, dont judge me on this, i dont want to be chucked out of the collab, here
i am going to spend hours on it, i have the voice, just waiting to be sent.
yea it would be great if HeavyDNY could draw out the levels, i was gonna ask for them from each individual author, that will take time and be inconsistant, we can talk later about that, if Zerobeam formally gives the menu part and the whole updated list of everything then we can start to progress.

if you want give feedback on my animation buts its crap atm so i prefer not to unless you have any good ideas that is.

yea the menu is not arty but its functional and not that boring but still keeps to the newgrounds theme.

so i mayt post later tonight when 51lver does if not i will be in my room doing my animation

thanks...

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 16:28:28

okay
update Part 26
it now has a radial gradient blue tint...as requested..
update Part 28
the text in this isn't actually going to be there, i just need to find a voice actor who wants to do it... i also need to add an ending, hoping to make it so they are watching a film on newgrounds...and 55 is late as usual and "evil" 56(as shown by his colour) is not to happy about it...making a fight...

HeavyDNY86 ~ sorry to hear about your cold, hope you get well soon
Funkycaveman ~ i already have drawn out 4 of the levels for my part, so if you want i can go over them all in the same style? upp to everyone else too, if they don't like the style and what not =p

~51lver

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 16:58:25

51lver- the first part you did is great, the blue tone adds to the effects, and frame rate was better?
the second made me laugh, "late again" lol, and if you have time, (we will all have time) add a bleep over the swearing it might be better and it keeps the rating down, i am and K-Guare has also, its up to you, if you want a good bleeping sound ask me. the NG movie could be one subbmitted by somine on NG, like a madness or somthing, im not sure about the levels atm if i want all neutral or different, what do you think? what will loook best? i am going great on my animation atm, level 6 is gonna be playing the helicopter game and he crashes, and stuff after happens, i wont say atm.(its a surprise!) maybe make your bits longer, the filesize is probably low atm, but adding 2 secs can make a difference. mine probs gonna be 30 secs(its a guess)

anyone else- howdy!

funkycaveman- post a link of your animation later on tonight...

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 17:02:53

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/100708/7 9233_levelscollab.php
The link is to the updated intro to my animation. Once I'm happy with it I'll start with the animation. Thanks to whoever gave me the link to the clouds thingy, cos I kinda stole it :)
Note that the bad drawing is due to the fact I do not have a tablet.

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 17:05:01

the text in this isn't actually going to be there, i just need to find a voice actor who wants to do it...

i'll do it! gimme a sec..

Viva Mexico Cabrones

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 17:05:25

yeh it really does help :) thankyou for the advise about the blue tint =D
okay i'll add a bleep then, that is a good point, keeping a wider ranged audience...could you give me a pointer to a good bleep sound?
i have no idea what theywill be watching yet....i was thinking about just showing the NG tank rollling over some hills with the skylin in the background...but i don't know...
length yeh they are REALLY small, part 26 is about 90kb at the moment lol....i'm not sure how to make it longer though...and tips from anyone would really be much appriciated :)

anyone else got any updates/comments?

and Zerobeam please can we see a list of whats happening so far? when you have time

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 17:06:59

At 7/10/08 05:05 PM, WAaAzZAaA wrote:
the text in this isn't actually going to be there, i just need to find a voice actor who wants to do it...
i'll do it! gimme a sec..

YAY =]

sorry for double post guys

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 17:11:00

There goes nothing. :P

Viva Mexico Cabrones

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 17:12:22

ill join but ill be lvl 12 when ive finished, im new to flash so ikl just keep it simple with no sound =D