00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Davidmarin just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ng Level Collab

84,706 Views | 1,507 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-11 12:28:35

At 7/11/08 12:10 PM, 51lver wrote: okay i think the menun is looking great =] one thing..on the colour selection, add a colour to take it back to the origional orange stripes
-all the profile links work
-it only goes up to level 30 on the scroll bar? but when you click next it shows all 60...maybe need to fix this =p
-umm the mouse sometimes doesn't follow your mouse...one way to fix this...just put the mouse on one layer then it is the same one no matter what frame you are viewing...that is what i'd do.

i'm currently trying to see if i can make a really small size game....if not then i'll just give up on that and go back to my parts but both of mine are pretty far into development and there is no deadline so i'll slow down a bit and just "perfect" them =p

~51lver

yea i will try to get the defult colour back as well

ist not level 30 its part 30 (30 people) and they have two levels each

the mouse is a bit of a problem, if you like it i will keep it and work on it if not i will remove it

what type of minigame are you think abouti will try to think of one...

yea perfect the animations, i will soon when i have added voice...

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-11 12:33:26

ist not level 30 its part 30 (30 people) and they have two levels each

oh..lol my mistake...

the mouse is a bit of a problem, if you like it i will keep it and work on it if not i will remove it

umm it is good, and shouldn't be too hard to fix i'd have thought, but it isn't necessary..see what other people think.

what type of minigame are you think abouti will try to think of one...

i'm making a keepy up one, seeing as i have one that works fine and is only 4kb there is a link up the page in another of my posts showing it...i'm just making it more newgrounds'y

yea perfect the animations, i will soon when i have added voice...

yay xD

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-11 13:32:56

ok i have improved the animation but i have no voice yet cos the person how did it has not sent it yet but cos theres no dedline i can wait, so you will have to put up with no sound atm,

feedback on the animation would be great...

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-11 13:40:23

At 7/11/08 01:32 PM, funkycaveman wrote: stuff

okay i like that a lot now :) i presume there will be speach in the quite parts...and perhaps a little bit of music in the background.
i like how you changed the room when you zoom into it, and the poster behind the computer is a nice touch too :) oh and the broken glass is nice :)

as i was saying about the preloader game...it is a bit of a large size =/ lol 1mb atm =/
here is a link to it anyway...but it is finished so it can only get smaller in size =] theoretically

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-11 13:50:35

yea thx for feedback yea there are long quiet parts, they are where the speech will go in but there is till more to do, the prelader is nice but i also like zrb but he is gonna upload a new one later, i might make one lol, it gonna be hard for zerobeam to decide, someone can also do a trailer i started one, someone could make one to attact more people. we need about 20.

we can just wait for zrb preloader update and then zerobeam can judge it unless he wants to see more..

i will go and make a mingame now (we can have two mingames if the filesize is small, they can chose what one to play.

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-11 13:53:21

At 7/11/08 01:50 PM, zrb wrote:
here is a link to it anyway...but it is finished so it can only get smaller in size =] theoretically
Wait what, I was doing the preloader game, what the hell >:S

if you have a look at zerobeams list he said anyone can have a go, like k-guare wanted to do the menu as well, i might make a preloader game...

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-11 13:57:20

At 7/11/08 01:55 PM, zrb wrote:
if you have a look at zerobeams list he said anyone can have a go, like k-guare wanted to do the menu as well, i might make a preloader game...
Oh I see, alright screw it someone else make it then, I'd rather work on my part in the meantime.
Even though I came up with the idea for the minigame >:C

oh ok zrb, i liked your first prelader if the filesize wasnt too big

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-11 14:05:09

but it make you try harder and thus a better product in the end, it all works out, are you able to uplaod a new version?

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-11 14:20:24

Wait what, I was doing the preloader game, what the hell >:S

you can do it...i've given up on it an i'm just concentrating on my parts...i was just seeing if having the levels as a background would make much of a difference...turns out it doesn't really
so the preloader is still yours..as far as i'm concerned

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-11 14:29:34

so it looks like zrb has got it, if it helps you cos this one does not go out the top,,

see ya

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-11 14:45:29

so it looks like zrb has got it, if it helps you cos this one does not go out the top,,

only thing mine really did differently was rotate and go off the top of the screen

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-11 15:06:04

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/100708/7 9233_levelscollab.php
I hate to bug, but could someone tell me their thoughts on this (no-one replied before except funkycaveman)

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-11 15:13:58

the link doesnt work mate, check the address and put a word in like click here or animation, not the address...
then we can give feedback

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-11 15:14:47

I hate to bug, but could someone tell me their thoughts on this

it is great....for an introduction, can't wait to see the rest of the animation =]
good work so far

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-11 15:16:48

bye gtg see you tomorrow probs

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-11 16:35:30

Hi guys. :3

Zerobeam is off for the weekend (untill the 13th) and he asked me to be sort of leader for a short time. :3

Well, I'm happy to see everyone works togheter so good and helps each other! :D Most of the parts are awesome, keep it up. :)

Here are some comments:

Strangeleyspammed: Please, improve your part cuz for now, it's kind of boring and not really 'great' or 'wow'...

51lver: I like your style of animating, it's very good. :D Good graphics overal.

funkycaveman: Your part is average and could be fun but sometimes it really gets boring so, faster action and less waiting. :D Made the PC scene much shorter and start with the action sooner. :3

zrb: About the funny preloader game, please DON'T only make it go a level up every 10 levels cuz that makes it to hard. I can't even get to the first level! :') And filesize isn't that important, make a 'preloader game preloader' like in the Pirate Collab! ;D

HeavyDNY86: Awesome part, good and smooth animation AND funny, good job! :3

WAaAzZAaA: awesome part! :D I freakin' love the intro and I like your style of animating, good job and keep it up! :D

-

Sorry if I missed someone but please everyone, keep active cuz that's the only thing that keeps a collab alive! :3

Bertn

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-11 17:33:20

At 7/11/08 05:15 PM, zrb wrote:
zrb: About the funny preloader game, please DON'T only make it go a level up every 10 levels cuz that makes it to hard. I can't even get to the first level! :') And filesize isn't that important, make a 'preloader game preloader' like in the Pirate Collab! ;D
Alright, excuze moi for being a noob but how would you load the preloader game and then the movie, unless you load the preloader and then use the loadMovie function to load the movie from an external source.

Don't worry, that's not noobish. (:

I also have no idea how to do it, an Australien friend of me did it, I'll ask it to him tomorrow and post it here as fast as I can. :3

Also, I love the idea and it's fun even if I can't even beat level 8 :')

Bertn

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-11 20:01:17

Sorry to kind of barge in. But in zrbs minigame is it just me or does upside down angry face looks like a frenchman.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-12 05:09:42

i like the mini game, it keeps to the newgrounds theme, but is it possible to have a sound of the ball bouching cos there will be no music, (it will be loading) so maybe a bounce sound would be nice, there are load here

its good that bertn is keeping us organised, and i will make my ani better, i will upload a new version later hopefully woth voice and ?speeded? up a bit i think its about 30 secs atm

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-12 07:11:17

i can make a minigame loader if you want

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-12 16:01:00

At 7/12/08 02:10 PM, zrb wrote: Sorry for double post but funkycaveman wanted me to tell everyone he got banned off the forums for 3 days, so he won't be able to post.

omg lolz why?

hey sorry 4 not posting but i had to go out of town and well havent made progress, but i'll be doing something today! XD

P S. SO MUCH GOOD STUFF IMPROVED WHILE I WAS GONE. YAY!

Viva Mexico Cabrones

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-12 21:58:31

ololol

i havent posted anything.. not since i said: ill join
i forgot about that i was in this. and i just made this..
its not done

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-12 23:33:06

I have to drop out. I have another away camp next week, and I just got back from camp. I had no idea, and my parts are not nearly complete.

Sorry.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-12 23:37:05

i forgot about that i was in this. and i just made this..
its not done

Aww cool, I like where this 1 is going. Nice choice in music btw.

Hey everybody, I'm feeling better. Like I predicted, I didn't make any progress with my animation though. But now I will be getting back to work ASAP. I do have alot of other stuff here in rl to deal with this weak, but I will do my best to get some work done soon.

We are all transitional beings, a consequence of the past and a cause for the future.

My Deviant art page is HERE

XBOX Live Gamertag: ape X ape

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-13 07:38:00

im taking levels

43-44 im still working on it il have a preview soon

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-13 16:56:14

Err..Bertn. That wasn't the whole animation it was the intro.

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-13 17:25:39

HAI!

Sorry I haven't made a post in a while, I was away at my uncles. I see you gave me part 24, I'll start right away ^_^

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-14 12:49:29

im too busy to work on my animation right now. Ill finish it probably this week or next week.

...I hope so...

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-14 13:43:05

glad you remembered us :)
your part is looking pretty good so far can't wait to see the finished result.

zrb - if you're still doing the preloader game i just had an idea of what it could be, if it is a smaller file size than the keepy up one..
how about a space invaders style game, where your ship is the NG tank and you shoot away the levels...so for level one of the game you shoot the level 1 icon, for level two you shott the level 2 icon..etc... just an idea, but i don't know if it'll be a smaller size or not.

my parts are coming along slowly, i think part 26 will be finished very soon only a few tweaks left to add and part 28 still needs a bit of work, i'll post updates soon

~51lver

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-14 17:01:36

It no longer takes up too much space.

that is awesome :)

UPDATES
Part 26
i think this part is basically finished now, unless anyone has anymore tweaks that i should add/take out?
Part 28
this part i know needs some tweaking, but do you guys have any comments on it at all?

~51lver