00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Whraen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ng Level Collab

84,681 Views | 1,507 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 17:13:42

At 7/10/08 05:11 PM, WAaAzZAaA wrote: There goes nothing. :P

is that spoken? sounds realllllyyy electronic, i was trying to go for a more realistic approach...thanks...but sorry

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 17:16:20

At 7/10/08 05:02 PM, strangelyspammed wrote: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/100708/7 9233_levelscollab.php
The link is to the updated intro to my animation. Once I'm happy with it I'll start with the animation. Thanks to whoever gave me the link to the clouds thingy, cos I kinda stole it :)
Note that the bad drawing is due to the fact I do not have a tablet.

i gave the link, i use them all the time, i will in my animtion, you can also use the grass, thats good but you have to reduce the grass or there will be a slow frame rate, looks good so far but a few pointers:

the clouds are white and its night, you can chagne the colour in the actionscript it tells you how grey is best,
i will give you more feedback later...sorry

51lver- i have the beep sound Here

hmm i will have to think about the movie...

why do we need the list, oh yea we do cos we need to see how many people are here in total...

i think thats it...

funky

update in about an hour, unless i have to reply to you

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 17:17:25

well, i was tryin to appeal to the skull but here is another try.

PS. thats the same voice (mine), but without the chorus and thicknes.

Viva Mexico Cabrones

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 17:21:29

At 7/10/08 05:18 PM, zrb wrote: Hey guys I can't get the picture for level 60, can someone get it for me. I got the rest but it doesn't show up in the levels page.

umm yes it does..

The Ng Level Collab

Viva Mexico Cabrones

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 17:21:35

At 7/10/08 05:13 PM, 51lver wrote:
At 7/10/08 05:11 PM, WAaAzZAaA wrote: There goes nothing. :P
is that spoken? sounds realllllyyy electronic, i was trying to go for a more realistic approach...thanks...but sorry

me06, hi, you may have to wait a bit cos zerobeams not here atm...

52lver- i use this im not sure if you will find it helpful Click

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 17:25:53

zrb - i had that problem too, i'm not sure why some can see the image and some can't..but WAaAzZAaA seems to have it working...

WAaAzZAaA - thank you for the voice file :) it is great

funkycaveman - thankyou for the beep sound and that link might come in very usefull....maybe =p

updates within the hour hopefully

~51lver

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 17:30:54

if i can join can i do lvl 58 im already drawing up the planning for it

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 17:43:55

you dont have to use my voice, but id REALLY prefer you use ANY VOICE, except those robotic ones..theres something about them that dont sound right, and it takes the interest in the animation, at least 4 me..

you can use this one funkycaveman:
e.g.

zrb - DAMN...it was such a good idea....lets see:
30 parts that MOST are less than 1MB (mine 200KB)
30 parts * 400 KB = 12000KB = 11.7 MB +minigame (1.79MB) = 13.49 MB ++ menu lets say 1.5MB = 15MB

its kinda big but if its good, the admins can increase the filesize no?

Viva Mexico Cabrones

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 17:53:04

no update for part 26
update for Part 28
and zrb how is it so big? i made this earlier and it is only 4kb...it might be because you're using bitmaps for the images? or it is very graphics intensive....but surly you can reduce the size somehow?

and me06...check back to when zerobeam last posted the list, level 58 is already taken...

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 17:55:55

At 7/10/08 05:43 PM, WAaAzZAaA wrote: you dont have to use my voice, but id REALLY prefer you use ANY VOICE, except those robotic ones..theres something about them that dont sound right, and it takes the interest in the animation, at least 4 me..

you can use this one funkycaveman:
e.g.

zrb - DAMN...it was such a good idea....lets see:
30 parts that MOST are less than 1MB (mine 200KB)
30 parts * 400 KB = 12000KB = 11.7 MB +minigame (1.79MB) = 13.49 MB ++ menu lets say 1.5MB = 15MB

its kinda big but if its good, the admins can increase the filesize no?

ok heres my update: here
anyfeed back now would be great, quality waht good more not good whatever!

the menu is 660kb add a bit for completion = 700kb if that helps, and if we try to keep it down it may be ok, and how come the minigame is big, its important cos the load time is long with or without it, how big is the .fla, i could put it into the menu, if the game is finished, nice sums there i used to be good at maths, i still should be, lol. we have to try to keep it under 10mb to stop any hassle for zerobeam and quciker loading times...

feedback on my preview??? thanks

funkycaveman

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 17:56:16

At 7/10/08 05:54 PM, zrb wrote: Well I traced them all and yet the filesize didn't change. I don't want to increase the settings for the tracing or else the pics will lose their quality.

trace them using flash's automatic one? or by hand? because by hand makes it a bit less....i think..

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 18:03:12

At 7/10/08 05:58 PM, zrb wrote: Normally, I would have traced them by hand but for 60 pictures, are you kidding me ?

lol okay point taken

perhaps....you could still do a keepy up game and the levels go up....but the ball stays the same just the background has all the levels on it? then the player isn't limited to having a maximum of 60...and they still see all the levels..

funkycaveman - i'm really not liking the perspective on the desk....sorry, try and make it umm more against the wall? it just doesn't seem to fit in too well...i like the ksy out the window...and the flashing at the bottom of the computer but the perspective just doesn't seem right =p

and for filesizes...all my parts are under 100kb so far...so either all you parts are a lot longer(not surprising) or a lot more graphical intensive...(also not unlikly)

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 18:05:06

At 7/10/08 05:58 PM, zrb wrote:
trace them using flash's automatic one? or by hand? because by hand makes it a bit less....i think..
The default trace settings make it lose quality.
Normally, I would have traced them by hand but for 60 pictures, are you kidding me ?And I'm very picky when it comes to tracing, if it doesn't look the same, I keep restarting until it does >.<

i have an idea, whats the highest score you have got? not over 60 is it, limit it down to say 30(we will have to test to see who can get the highest) and that should cut it, i was thinking about making the ball samaller it will be harder and then less levels are needed, we dont want it too hard or people get annoyed and leave before they have seen anything, apart from that, im not sure, are you able to post the minigame and we can see how we can reduce the size to 1mb or less...

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 18:07:55

At 7/10/08 06:03 PM, 51lver wrote:
At 7/10/08 05:58 PM, zrb wrote: Normally, I would have traced them by hand but for 60 pictures, are you kidding me ?
lol okay point taken

perhaps....you could still do a keepy up game and the levels go up....but the ball stays the same just the background has all the levels on it? then the player isn't limited to having a maximum of 60...and they still see all the levels..

funkycaveman - i'm really not liking the perspective on the desk....sorry, try and make it umm more against the wall? it just doesn't seem to fit in too well...i like the ksy out the window...and the flashing at the bottom of the computer but the perspective just doesn't seem right =p

and for filesizes...all my parts are under 100kb so far...so either all you parts are a lot longer(not surprising) or a lot more graphical intensive...(also not unlikly)

ok yea i have some juggleing to do, this is my first animation tho' i normally make games so its a bit different. i will make it flast then and not at an angle, thanks i might upload again tonight, it depends on the time

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 18:12:49

At 7/10/08 06:05 PM, funkycaveman wrote: i have an idea, whats the highest score you have got? not over 60 is it, limit it down to say 30(we will have to test to see who can get the highest) and that should cut it, i was thinking about making the ball samaller it will be harder and then less levels are needed, we dont want it too hard or people get annoyed and leave before they have seen anything, apart from that, im not sure, are you able to post the minigame and we can see how we can reduce the size to 1mb or less...

i scored 59...then it wouldn't go to 60 =p LOL

and i'm off to bed =( work in the morning

i'll catch up on this tomorrow

keep it up guys =]

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 18:23:02

zrb
Preview: yes
Parts: 1

Supery9
Preview: NO

sirtom93

funkycaveman
IS ALSO DOING MENU

keosan24

Darkness-Darkness

Simple-Line

BigFuzzyKitten

Trickee
Preview: Yes

strangelyspammed

awesomewhitegold
Parts: 2

Resolution

HeavyDNY86

AAF

WAaAzZAaA

K-Guare

PART IS DONE

NogginmenAnimations

FeindishDemon

51lver
Parts: 2
PART 26 ALMOST FINISHED

Dude4001

---
---

Preloader: zrb, but everybody can take a shot at this
Menu: funkycaveman
Promo-video: Everyone :)

Part 1: Lvl 1-2: sirtom93

Part 2: Lvl 3-4:

Part 3: Lvl 5-6: funkycaveman

Part 4: Lvl 7-8: keosan24

Part 5: Lvl 9-10: Darkness-Darkness

Part 6: Lvl 11-12: Simple-Line

Part 7: Lvl 13-14: BigFuzzyKitten

Part 8: Lvl 15-16: Trickee

Part 9: Lvl 17-18: strangelyspammed

Part 10: Lvl 19-20: awesomewhitegold

Part 11: Lvl 21-22:

Part 12: Lvl 23-24: Resolution

Part 13: Lvl 25-26: <Reserved for HeavyDNY86>

Part 14: Lvl 27-28:

Part 15: Lvl 29-30:

Part 16: Lvl 31-32: AAF

Part 17: Lvl 33-34: WAaAzZAaA

Part 18: Lvl 35-36: K-Guare

Part 19: Lvl 37-38:

Part 20: Lvl 39-40:

Part 21: Lvl 41-42:

Part 22: Lvl 43-44:

Part 23: Lvl 45-46: zrb

Part 24: Lvl 47-48: NogginmenAnimations

Part 25: Lvl 49-50: FeindishDemon

Part 26: Lvl 51-52: 51lver

Part 27: Lvl 53-54:

Part 28: Lvl 55-56: 51lver

Part 29: Lvl 57-58: awesomewhitegold

Part 30: Lvl 59-60: Dude4001

---
---
Changes:
-Funkycaveman is now officially the menu guy.
-Added slot for promo-video
-Removed DominusV
-Added list of parts and previews
---
---
Aight, I'll be PM'ing everyone who doesn't have a preview yet.
Previews are essential, even if they're small! ;D

I will be gone from the 11th till 13th, so Bertn will be taking over.
Cheers! :)

Keep up the good work, guys!

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 18:36:16

ok zrb- thats great it should be better now, i could implement it now

zerbeam- hi wow great list, i can now put everyones names in it and link it to there profile, i can leave a play button as well adn i wont send u the menu atm cos i will probably want to dub it, and add my part when it is done, unless u want it now, are you making a part or just admin?

i think i willl go to bed, i can continue tomorrow, more menu(oh no) and more work guys! night

funky

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 18:39:40

At 7/10/08 06:28 PM, zrb wrote: AHA! I figured it out, now it only changes frames every 10 levels.
Best of all, 275 Kb !

lolz i cant even get to ten >.<
BUT GREAT SIZE!

Viva Mexico Cabrones

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 18:46:13

lol waazaazaza i got to 22 after about 14 goes,

a best score number could be added? is it possible

also on behalf of me06:

""" me06 wants to do part 27"""

is that ok, i know him, he should be making a preview soon...

c ya... good work!

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 20:51:55

At 7/10/08 06:23 PM, Zerobeam wrote: K-Guare
PART IS DONE

Gaah i'm so glad it's over with :D
[not that i didn't have fun in the process, lol.]

At 7/10/08 06:39 PM, WAaAzZAaA wrote: lolz i cant even get to ten >.<
BUT GREAT SIZE!

Neither can i, it certainly is challenging :D

At 7/10/08 06:52 PM, zrb wrote: Beh, I can't get past 18 :P

Hmm, well maybe then, zrb, you should make the
level frame switch every 5 frames, instead of ten.
That way impatient people (me)
Only have to click it five times to get the message that the level changes.
Know what i mean?

a best score number could be added? is it possible
Indeed I will do that.

that would be friggen awesome :D

Good job to everybody's parts, this collab is running very smoothly ;]
I just got back from Warped Tour, so,
i'm pooped* right now.
Plus i got work tomorrow, so,
i don't know the next time i'll be able to see if i can make a better menu
than the one funkycaveman made.
So g'night :]
K-Guare

*Quit snickering you 5th graders.

what

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 21:11:54

zerobeam says I have a part yet i dropped out

Check out my Art Forum!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 21:55:02

At 7/10/08 09:11 PM, supery9 wrote: zerobeam says I have a part yet i dropped out

This is when you tell Zerobeam;
"YO ZERO I DROPPED OUT SORRY."
Don't tell us.

what

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-10 22:41:31

Bad news, I might drop out. I got projects and things. Go ahead and cut me, but if you need a person to fill that spot I'll do it. Sorry for the let down.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-11 08:36:05

hi again, i have asked for another part becuase mine is goinf well atm

Here

i will spend a lot more time on it to polish it, its 300 kb atm and will be about the same length in the final version,

bad news that people are droping out? we need some more people

any feedback on the animation will be great as it is alot more robust, i am also working hard on the menu and will upload that later, peace out!

funky

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-11 09:34:27

also with the menu we need an ABOUT ME section. it will be no more tha 10 words (maybe more if they a are short) im not sure if Zerobeam wants to do it or me, the words could be did you see this"..." or i live here and make flash animations or hope you liked my animation, noting stupid or rude or abusive or publicising or over the top.

it seems i am the only one online during the day(and night). well i have no school or work or anything as most 16 year olds do now...

cheers

funkycaveman

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-11 10:57:48

At 7/11/08 09:34 AM, funkycaveman wrote: also with the menu we need an ABOUT ME section. it will be no more tha 10 words (maybe more if they a are short) im not sure if Zerobeam wants to do it or me, the words could be did you see this"..." or i live here and make flash animations or hope you liked my animation, noting stupid or rude or abusive or publicising or over the top.

it seems i am the only one online during the day(and night). well i have no school or work or anything as most 16 year olds do now...

cheers

funkycaveman

i'm on during the day...my time (britain) just had work :(

and that is an awesome list zerobeam =]
zrb - i like the new game too just maybe still show all of the levels somehow...or people might get confused?(simple minds)

and it is bad people are dropping out =/

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-11 11:09:41

i'm on during the day...my time (britain) just had work :(

and that is an awesome list zerobeam =]
zrb - i like the new game too just maybe still show all of the levels somehow...or people might get confused?(simple minds)

and it is bad people are dropping out =/

ok work yea i should be looking for a job, becasue people are droping out i am advertising everywhere, in my sigs and other forums and on newgrounds(in news and post) we need to fill up those slots, are you home now 51lver? i have helped zrb a bit to enhance it, but we will have to find someway to show a level because showing level 1 when i have had 4 hits and it says level 4 but shows level one does not make sence, but we should find a way.

can you also check out my animation that i have been working on all day, i will upload new menu soon when i have it sorted.

51lver read up a couple of post read about the ABOUT ME section

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-11 11:48:39

funkycaveman - i like the animation =] it is coming along nicely, yeh i'm home now, and should be on for....about 6 more hours? maybe 7... if zrb doesn't mind i'll see if i can make a compressed version of his game? so the file size is still small but shows all of the levels... i'll see if i can be bothered.
the about me section....hmmm 10 words?..urmm... i'll have a think about it and get back to you.

one thing for the animation....i don't really get it...are you going to add a bit so the other level does something? or maybe he reacts to the guy flying out the window? ooh the window...when it smashes maybe make some glass fall onto the floor so it is slightly more obvious...other than that it looks good =]

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-11 12:00:04

YEA thanks for the glass i have done the pc and screen, i do have voice for both parts i will put them in i do have some touching up to do to get it perfect, such as the timing and effects buts its the best animation i have done because its the first one i have done lol. i think i will put slightly better menu up now, watch the cursor tho' you cant drag it yet so use the scrool wheel on your mouse for the box, apart from that its all good, can you text the menu to see if all the profile things work please, thanks.

here

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-11 12:10:56

okay i think the menun is looking great =] one thing..on the colour selection, add a colour to take it back to the origional orange stripes
-all the profile links work
-it only goes up to level 30 on the scroll bar? but when you click next it shows all 60...maybe need to fix this =p
-umm the mouse sometimes doesn't follow your mouse...one way to fix this...just put the mouse on one layer then it is the same one no matter what frame you are viewing...that is what i'd do.

i'm currently trying to see if i can make a really small size game....if not then i'll just give up on that and go back to my parts but both of mine are pretty far into development and there is no deadline so i'll slow down a bit and just "perfect" them =p

~51lver