00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hooovie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ng Level Collab

84,671 Views | 1,507 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 11:39:22

51lver, how do you do that blur?! For the life of me, I can not figure out how to blur that well. I've tried playing with the blur timeline effect, I've tried making a movie clip with 5 levels of the same image and slightly lowered alphas going off in seperate directions, and I still can't get it that good. How is it done?!

Oh, and btw the animation is looking good so far. Maybe you could make it a little longer, add some shine whipping through the weapons as they move, up to you.

We are all transitional beings, a consequence of the past and a cause for the future.

My Deviant art page is HERE

XBOX Live Gamertag: ape X ape

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 11:39:48

At 7/7/08 11:31 AM, 51lver wrote: okay here is what i have so far, all the sounds added...anyone got any suggestions about what to add/take out?

thanks

ok good so far but better bg and may be some crack on the sword or hammer when they hit each other would be nice, is that part 1?

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 12:00:05

At 7/7/08 08:15 AM, funkycaveman wrote: i have been looking around for resources and here are some that i found in the flash portal:
i hope you find them useful!

Wow, those are pretty helpful, thanks man! :]

At 7/7/08 10:03 AM, Zerobeam wrote: funkycaveman
K-Guare

Zerobeam, you are officially the coolest person ever,
your the only person that capitalizes the 'G' when spelling my name.
K-guare just looks stupid. And for that, i thank you greatly. :D

At 7/7/08 10:39 AM, funkycaveman wrote: ...so i was thinking of some marketing, a promotional trailer teaseing the levels and some previews of animations, it should help raise interest.

Very nice idea, but, were
going to have to get a significantly good animator to do that./
That, and, NG regulars usually don't like seeing previews on the portal;
it'll have to be kickass.

At 7/7/08 11:31 AM, 51lver wrote: okay here is what i have so far, all the sounds added...anyone got any suggestions about what to add/take out?

Nice going! But if i were you, i'd add some awesome background music.
[to accompany the fighting]
Good luck :D

Hope everyone's part is going great, i think i'm a little
less than halfway done with mine, depending on
how lazy i wanna be with it.
-K-Guare
:D

what

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 12:01:53

At 7/7/08 11:39 AM, HeavyDNY86 wrote: 51lver, how do you do that blur?! For the life of me, I can not figure out how to blur that well. I've tried playing with the blur timeline effect, I've tried making a movie clip with 5 levels of the same image and slightly lowered alphas going off in seperate directions, and I still can't get it that good. How is it done?!

Oh, and btw the animation is looking good so far. Maybe you could make it a little longer, add some shine whipping through the weapons as they move, up to you.

umm i'm using flash 8....and it is in the filters section...any flash that is earlier than this wont have these options..and okay i'll make it a bit longer then.

At 7/7/08 11:39 AM, funkycaveman wrote: ok good so far but better bg and may be some crack on the sword or hammer when they hit each
other would be nice, is that part 1?

part 1? no it is Part 26: Lvl 51-52: but the first and only of my parts until Zerobeam grants me access to another part(that is kinda already halfway done)

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 12:05:00

At 7/7/08 12:00 PM, K-Guare wrote: Nice going! But if i were you, i'd add some awesome background music.

sorry for double post, but what music would you suggest? i can't find any short enough that seems to fit

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 12:26:14

At 7/7/08 12:05 PM, 51lver wrote:
At 7/7/08 12:00 PM, K-Guare wrote: Nice going! But if i were you, i'd add some awesome background music.
sorry for double post, but what music would you suggest? i can't find any short enough that seems to fit

Here's one that i think is suitible;
DJ Comet - Extreme Situation
I wouldn't use the beginning, though [it sounds a lot better for a fight with the drums in it]
so i'd use a portion after about 0:14 seconds into it.
(when the drums start :D)

I could cut a portion of the song for you, if you wanted.
That way the file size of your part stays low.

what

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 12:27:01

At 7/7/08 12:01 PM, 51lver wrote:
At 7/7/08 11:39 AM, HeavyDNY86 wrote: 51lver, how do you do that blur?! For the life of me, I can not figure out how to blur that well. I've tried playing with the blur timeline effect, I've tried making a movie clip with 5 levels of the same image and slightly lowered alphas going off in seperate directions, and I still can't get it that good. How is it done?!

umm i'm using flash 8....and it is in the filters section...any flash that is earlier than this wont have these options..and okay i'll make it a bit longer then.

OMG how did I ever miss this?! This might sound a bit nuby, but I never new about Filters. Now I'm gonna have to play around with this to see exactly how it works. Thanx for the REAL big help.

We are all transitional beings, a consequence of the past and a cause for the future.

My Deviant art page is HERE

XBOX Live Gamertag: ape X ape

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 12:39:45

Can i take part 22 Lvl 43-44
im a pretty good animator now but i dont have anything to show for it.
so can i do like a 10 sec preview to prove myself?

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 12:54:15

ok K-Guare im gald you found thoses resources useful i havnt done any of my part yet i will proabbly start when all slots are full, i have to think of some ideas...

i will be working on a trailer soon as well i have a really good idea!!!

i will post the menu today, looks like everyone uses spamtheweb to upload, i will probs do the same, this collab is going rapid atm

btw what player are we using? 8 or 9 or does it matter?

At 7/7/08 12:00 PM, K-Guare wrote:
At 7/7/08 08:15 AM, funkycaveman wrote: i have been looking around for resources and here are some that i found in the flash portal:
i hope you find them useful!
Wow, those are pretty helpful, thanks man! :]

At 7/7/08 10:03 AM, Zerobeam wrote: funkycaveman
K-Guare
Zerobeam, you are officially the coolest person ever,
your the only person that capitalizes the 'G' when spelling my name.
K-guare just looks stupid. And for that, i thank you greatly. :D

At 7/7/08 10:39 AM, funkycaveman wrote: ...so i was thinking of some marketing, a promotional trailer teaseing the levels and some previews of animations, it should help raise interest.
Very nice idea, but, were
going to have to get a significantly good animator to do that./
That, and, NG regulars usually don't like seeing previews on the portal;
it'll have to be kickass.

Nice going! But if i were you, i'd add some awesome background music.

Hope everyone's part is going great, i think i'm a little
less than halfway done with mine, depending on
how lazy i wanna be with it.
-K-Guare
D

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 12:56:17

kk ZeroBeam, got you a preview pic hope you like it

The Ng Level Collab

I have to get up and fight teh Aliens.

No chief you are teh alien

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 13:00:24

At 7/7/08 12:26 PM, K-Guare wrote:
At 7/7/08 12:05 PM, 51lver wrote:
Here's one that i think is suitible;
DJ Comet - Extreme Situation
I wouldn't use the beginning, though [it sounds a lot better for a fight with the drums in it]
so i'd use a portion after about 0:14 seconds into it.
(when the drums start :D)

I could cut a portion of the song for you, if you wanted.
That way the file size of your part stays low.

umm yeh if you could cut the section of the song you think fits and e-mail it to me at
stu_cooke@hotmail.co.uk
that would be great thanks :)

and HeavyDNY86 filters are fun, but don't over use them as they just look shite

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 13:12:55

Ok, I will work on the menu as much as I can today, BTW do you like the BG and button design, I am going to have a bolder font and rounded cornors

Check out my Art Forum!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 13:36:22

At 7/7/08 01:00 PM, 51lver wrote: umm yeh if you could cut the section of the song you think fits and e-mail it to me at
stu_cooke@hotmail.co.uk

Hah, i'll do that now dude;
it doesn't take very long.
+ your welcome :D

what

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 13:38:15

At 7/7/08 12:54 PM, funkycaveman wrote: ok K-Guare im gald you found thoses resources useful...

haha dont thank me XD

btw what player are we using? 8 or 9 or does it matter?

I think Zerobeam has Flash CS3, because he
never said in the first post weather to post it as a Flash 8 document or not.

[and sorry for double post, guys:(]

what

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 13:56:29

thanks

Nice work! ;)
I'm expecting a high quality work here :D

------
No problem, K-Guare :P
------

At 7/7/08 12:39 PM, blood-leach wrote: Can i take part 22 Lvl 43-44
im a pretty good animator now but i dont have anything to show for it.
so can i do like a 10 sec preview to prove myself?

That would be nice, yes! ;D
You're okay at stick animation, but this is a Level Collab, so make sure you can handle that too! :)
Anyway, i'm waiting for a preview! :)

At 7/7/08 12:54 PM, funkycaveman wrote: btw what player are we using? 8 or 9 or does it matter?

That doesn't matter since I'll be compiling the collab, and I have CS3.
That means you can send any version! :)

At 7/7/08 12:56 PM, LoveShineHero wrote: kk ZeroBeam, got you a preview pic hope you like it

Erm, I don't want to offend, but what has that to do with the collab?
It's a guy... And another guy with a Z on his head...
Are those levels or what? :S

---------
Everybody, please cut the songs!
It decreases size, and I don't have to do it :D
---------

Aight, guys, I'll make the Word document with all guys now.
I'll do some big PM'ing this night.
Just keep on working, but most importantly;
Have fun! :D

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 14:04:53

Hey everyone, glad to see things are coming along nicely.
(Not to sound like Zerobeam or anything... XD)

Since I'm leaving tomorrow and won't be getting back until July 12th, I've spent the last two days animating in order to get my first draft done. I'm thinking about making a few changes but I can't due them today and I'm afraid I won't have too much time after I get back due to an unexpected incident in my schedule. :|

Part 8 is no longer in its early stage so please offer up some criticism. I still need to add sound (fighting and bg) so if anyone finds some good background music, I'd be thankful if you could PM me with a link.

Thanks!

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 14:09:17

I liked it

Check out my Art Forum!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 14:13:09

At 7/7/08 01:36 PM, K-Guare wrote:
At 7/7/08 01:00 PM, 51lver wrote: umm yeh if you could cut the section of the song you think fits and e-mail it to me at
stu_cooke@hotmail.co.uk
Hah, i'll do that now dude;
it doesn't take very long.
+ your welcome :D

Grr, i'm trying to send it, but Yahoo! Mail sucks :[
I'll upload it to my web server instead, and
just give you the URL to download it that way. How's that?

And here's a pic of how much Yahoo! Mail sucks, lol.
It gives me this message when i'm trying to send your email, 51lver.

The Ng Level Collab

what

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 14:15:44

lol yeh okay, try the web URL thing...if not then you could try my google mail?

stucooke1@gmail.com

if not then...i'll see if i can get a program to cut the song down myself

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 14:28:27

Part 8 is no longer in its early stage so please offer up some criticism. I still need to add sound (fighting and bg) so if anyone finds some good background music, I'd be thankful if you could PM me with a link.

it looks like you just created some symbols and moved them around the screen dude.. i mean, c'mon..
since there is no time limit, take your time, no ones rushing you, ANIMATE the whip and the chain, and it would look better if you didnt have the lvl ICONS, you already introduced them and you already drew them so whats the point.

im tryin to help, not just criticize

Viva Mexico Cabrones

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 14:55:12

Sorry Ive been gone but i had been doing projects and stuff. Im working on my right now. :3

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 14:56:16

At 7/7/08 02:28 PM, WAaAzZAaA wrote:
it looks like you just created some symbols and moved them around the screen dude.. i mean, c'mon..
since there is no time limit, take your time, no ones rushing you, ANIMATE the whip and the chain, and it would look better if you didnt have the lvl ICONS, you already introduced them and you already drew them so whats the point.

I see your point. Now that I watch it again, the whip seems bland and not very well done. I tried curving and breaking up the chain but I don't think it got across how I wanted it to. The level icons were there just for show, I just wanted to add a little to the background but I'll try to do something else.

I know I have time, it's just my schedule is filling up with some stuff and I don't want to let everyone down. I think I'll do a revision of the flash and see what I get.

im tryin to help, not just criticize

I don't take anything personal, and I appreciate the help. ^^

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 15:01:41

okay heads up guys but i'm designing a background for my part and it is basically the NG background so i don't know if anyone else wants it but when it is done i'll post a sample and a link to the .FLA
also it means that the part in the top right(where it says logged in as blah blah and all that) we can put our names then it is slightly organised...i don't know what your thoughts are one this..but it is an idea as there is no curently set BG

51lver

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 15:18:45

Ok great il start wokring on a privew of what i can do .

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 15:32:45

At 7/7/08 03:28 PM, zrb wrote: Ok update, I'll make a few changes soon enough but this is it. Its a simple kickups game in which you go up levels while keeping it in the air.

i love it, but when in the air it seems to bobble a bit and stop drifting across and come straight down, i'm not sure if this is due to the low frame rate or not, other wise it is a fantasticly unique idea and i personally like it

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 15:32:58

At 7/7/08 03:28 PM, zrb wrote: Ok update, I'll make a few changes soon enough but this is it. Its a simple kickups game in which you go up levels while keeping it in the air.

Nice dude! If i end up making the menu, i hope i
can come up with a style good enough
to follow that up. :D
kg.

what

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 15:35:29

Ok update, I'll make a few changes soon enough but this is it. Its a simple kickups game in which you go up levels while keeping it in the air.

omg! is that for your part? or for the loading screen? cuz for the loading screen it would be perfect!

Viva Mexico Cabrones

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 16:59:52

this is the background i was talking about that i am using....i just though it would suit the collab and there is a space in the top right where we can put out names.... not saying anyone has to use it as it isn't my collab, i just thought it would look good for those that do =]

.FLA

51lver

The Ng Level Collab

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 17:35:53

Hello guys! :D

Some of you may know me from 'the Pirate Collab' and if you don't, my name is Bertn. I'm a good friend of Zeroballs (Zerobeam :D) and I'm helping him a lot with this collab cuz it was mine idea. :3

Anyway, I've watched everyting, I've read everything and I know everything from this collab so far and I think it's going very good. :D I've seen some awesome parts (Ninja Stars and Hamer+sword (needs BG)) and I'm looking forward to see more of this stuff BUT, I've also seen some bad stuff...

Anyway, I told Zerobeam how to handle it and I'll make a post with comments on everyones part soon. :3 (I'm a sort of leader without asking CO-authoring. :D)

Thanks for reading,

Bertn

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 17:40:29

Zrb - Really nice mini-game. I really liked the idea and since not everyone know every level , they may just vote 5 cause of it ... :P

51lver - Really nice Background, could be really usefull for menu or just a normal bg.

Posting a part later tonight, im always at jobs or with friends so its pretty hard to submit it. I have to go eat right now.

CIAO ~

AAF