00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Robnghost just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

989,440 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-01-04 22:22:58

At 1/4/14 09:47 PM, MonochromeMonitor wrote: Exactly. I thought it was active again to.

Can't you guys just reactivate it?

What is this just because a few users left?

Pretty much nobody, sadly.

also hai

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-01-04 22:42:51

At 1/4/14 09:47 PM, MonochromeMonitor wrote: Exactly. I thought it was active again to.

Can't you guys just reactivate it?

Not really, the EGB pretty much covers everything Portal related now rendering this place nearly useless except for catching the 1 or 2 submissions the EGB might miss.

What is this just because a few users left?

Not really, the redesign also brought about the end of flagging submissions, so now we have to tell Portal Mods about stolen and or malicious submissions which as I said rendered this place basically obsolete.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-01-21 00:16:51

Funnily enough, everyone we complain about leaving this place behind comes back to tell a guy that we all left. I have half a mind to brace for posts from Crawford and Sheizenhammer, hell maybe even that guy who ruined us a while back. lolowait, here I am.

I can't help but feel responsible for the downfall of this place. I'm certain only one of you knows what I'm even talking about (Tails), but even so. If I hadn't vouched for him, maybe? If Crawford or whoever hadn't been such an asshole to, what was it? KingLightning? Oh how Crawford intimidated me at the time. When I was but a young blamer with only a police badge and a terrible need to feel wanted somewhere and make a difference. If that fucking chat hadn't happened, maybe we'd have lasted longer. But after the mods got involved, Tails lost all hope. Maybe he lost it before, but for a while I've taken the blame internally and all I got was a week long suspension when I deserved dishonorable discharge in my 12 year old mind. Maybe that's why we shouldn't have ever tried a flash or a chat. It was too much. Now we've got mods for the portal.

Let's be honest though, Newgrounds is dying without us. The quality is, to be honest, the same as it always has been but with a new generation of hipsters and children and scum of the internet, it's "changed" to me. Maybe I'm just nostalgic, but holy fuck this place is begging for money.

Heed my warning or ignore me youngins, I'm just an old coot by today's standards. For all you know it's a drunken rant.

A drunken rant filled with regret.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-03-29 09:31:04

Well, it finally happened. Today I checked my profile and found that I have surpassed the limit for a combined saves and blams count to be a member here with my blams alone. I know nobody posts here anymore but it is a milestone that I always told myself I would mark here.

Missing the old times.
R.I.P. NGPD

Newgrounds Police Dept.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-03-29 10:10:08

At 3/29/14 09:31 AM, Decky wrote: Well, it finally happened. Today I checked my profile and found that I have surpassed the limit for a combined saves and blams count to be a member here with my blams alone. I know nobody posts here anymore but it is a milestone that I always told myself I would mark here.

Missing the old times.
R.I.P. NGPD

Congratulations, on reaching one of your goals.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-03-30 22:28:24

Can I be a dirty cop

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-04-01 10:00:59

At 3/30/14 10:28 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote: Can I be a dirty cop

Yes, but you must jump in the mud.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-04-11 16:55:46

At 4/11/14 01:31 PM, D-Nightmare wrote: Being a lieutenant and a regular in the portal, I'm up for a few months or so. Depending on when I go beyond the Police Captain rank.

Good luck, Policing NewGrounds is not easy.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-04-23 03:17:36

I thought Tails Prower was a fox?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-04-23 05:34:19

At 4/23/14 01:04 AM, Conal wrote: I would like to relinquish my past misdeeds and become a member of the force. What ever it takes.

I would take a Necromancer, since the Newgrounds Police Dept. has been dead for months, and even in its last months of activity no new users became full members. Your best bet is to increase your B/P rank to Private by voting fairly, get a Silver Whistle and make posts that contribute to the topics, then you are good to go to apply for the Elite Guard Barracks.

For the time being, everyone is welcome to post in the EGB thread to point out abusive submissions, every help is appreciated.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-04-24 21:30:27

At 4/24/14 02:56 PM, D-Nightmare wrote: Voting on reviews (Helpful/Useless/Abusive) will increase a user's whistle status, but by how much for each respective vote?

Ahh... answering questions like this reminds me of when this place was still kickin. Unfortunately I don't think anyone truly knows how many whistle points are needed to reach the next whistle level since neither the points nor level thresholds were never displayed. I've mentored in the ways of the whistle for years and I still couldn't tell you how many successful flag-deletions it takes to advance. I believe this is in order to help discourage people from statwhoring their whistles - particularly incase innocent submissions might get falsely flagged for points. The best thing is to flag obviously abusive materials (reviews were how I got mine) and hope for the best in the long run.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-04-24 23:51:46

At 4/24/14 02:56 PM, D-Nightmare wrote:
At 4/23/14 05:34 AM, Asandir wrote:
Your best bet is to increase your B/P rank to Private by voting fairly, get a Silver Whistle and make posts that contribute to the topics, then you are good to go to apply for the Elite Guard Barracks.

For the time being, everyone is welcome to post in the EGB thread to point out abusive submissions, every help is appreciated.
Silver Whistle, eh? NG Cops here have their work cut out for 'em.

Voting on reviews (Helpful/Useless/Abusive) will increase a user's whistle status, but by how much for each respective vote?

I don't know for certain, but when I was working up my whistle years ago, I only whistled truly offensive/rule breaking reviews...I think it took about 30 to go from regular to bronze, and about 50 more to get that to silver.

When flagging abusive reviews, if you find one really bad one, check that user's other reviews - they tend to generate many more abusive reviews before they are blocked from Newgrounds.

Remember, flagging a review that is borderline that is NOT deemed abusive is counted AGAINST you. So, when in doubt, ask first (over at the EGB - I monitor it daily).

And don't be afraid to use that blam button. If your intentions are to eventually join the Elite Guard barracks, it is much easier to do so when you have good stats, show an honest attempt at blamming and keeping the balance in the Portal, and have more meaningful /helpful posts. I think you're on the right track - but when you are ready, let me know....

...because I am the Chief Recruitment Officer for the EGB. If you want in, you need to make it past me first. If you pass muster, active ranking members vote on your acceptance, and we take it from there. If you keep up the good work, you have a chance.... ;)

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-04-25 01:45:07

I always found the whistle raking to be way overrated. Just do your best, and ask for help if you need it.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-05-23 12:59:52

At 5/20/14 10:44 PM, D-Nightmare wrote: So, is the NG Military still up? It's supposed to go in between the Police Dept. and the Elite Guard Barracks.

I searched for it in the BBS, but nothing turned up.

In all of my days upon hitting Private you would leave the NGPD and apply for the EGB. I assume the 'military' tag is just one given to the EGB, I was a member of both clubs years back and heard nothing of any other group (other than the DoD, which included members of both, I can barely remember its reasons for existing despite being a member of that too).

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-05-28 01:31:43

At 5/20/14 10:44 PM, D-Nightmare wrote: So, is the NG Military still up? It's supposed to go in between the Police Dept. and the Elite Guard Barracks.

I searched for it in the BBS, but nothing turned up.

Many groups have shut down, or have very infrequent updates.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2015-10-10 13:44:56

this guy raped me: http://suprememessage.newgrounds.com/
I know him in real life and last night he held me down and forced me to have sex with him while he was screaming profanities at me. im scared, what do i do

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2015-10-10 18:09:18

At 10/10/15 01:44 PM, donglepuss wrote: this guy raped me: http://suprememessage.newgrounds.com/
I know him in real life and last night he held me down and forced me to have sex with him while he was screaming profanities at me. im scared, what do i do

Contact your local police.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2015-12-16 01:57:28

Popping by here to pay respects to the PD. I was reading @Asandir's interview with @TailsPrower and the memories came flooding back. PD, you were there for me in the darker days of my youth, when I was so crippled by anger and depression that I spent most days in silence. @Dejanus introduced me to you, and Tails, you took me in. Granted, I did a lot of weird, stupid shit that I regret doing at the time. Hell, I thought we could change the world -- or at least NG.

I remember Clock Day was doomsday. @EagleRock and the EGB were our competition, our role model, and our best friend. Silver whistles weren't that hard to get, and you could still flag stolen submissions. I remember the redesign -- hell, it warped my lady sovereign icon, and I was pissed. Andrea364 Day happened. A lot has changed.

I'll cut you some slack and save the tears. Suffice to say that I love you, PD. Always have. Always will.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2016-04-12 07:49:01

The forum and website link don't work. How do I register?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2016-04-12 12:57:55

At 4/12/16 07:49 AM, VenomationsTV wrote: The forum and website link don't work. How do I register?

Sorry, the NGPD is currently inactive. It may pick up again in the future after the whistle system is reintroduced, but no plans for it thus far. Thanks for expressing interest in joining though!

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2016-04-12 13:04:59

At 4/12/16 12:57 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Sorry, the NGPD is currently inactive. It may pick up again in the future after the whistle system is reintroduced, but no plans for it thus far. Thanks for expressing interest in joining though!

Oh okay.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2016-06-24 18:35:30

My my has time flown by here! It has been...what a few years since I visited the site, let alone this thread. To any of the old heads wandering about, ello and I wish your lives are in fantastic shape! In all honesty what was great about this club was that everyone was homey and relatively friendly. We had some smart asses but it was our quirk. In a weird way for me this club really kinda opened me up a bit. I'm a tad, or much older now, from when I was running around here. Work, school, relathionships have consumed my life now. Hell I'm a proud uncle of many munchkins and going to be a best man at a wedding soon...so much has changed. Out with the old and in with the new. Still its nice to pay homage to you miserable bastards still roaming the site and the club that gave so much for so little.

With regards and love

Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2016-06-24 22:19:35

At 6/24/16 06:35 PM, 34Deadman wrote: With regards and love

Hah you old bastard, glad to see you're not dead yet! Can't say the same for this crew, but whenever the whistle system goes back online we'll see where that goes.

How time flies indeed...

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2016-06-25 07:32:09

At 6/24/16 06:35 PM, 34Deadman wrote: My my has time flown by here! It has been...what a few years since I visited the site, let alone this thread. To any of the old heads wandering about, ello and I wish your lives are in fantastic shape!

Hello 34Deadman, It has been a while.

Work, school, relathionships have consumed my life now. Hell I'm a proud uncle of many munchkins and going to be a best man at a wedding soon...so much has changed.

I'm glad to hear the life seems to be going well for you. Nowadays I'm spending 9-5 working in a studio, working as a graphic/web designer. It's not quite the dream but it's getting closer and I still manage to log onto here at least a few times a week to pointlessly collect game medals.

Don't get too drunk at the wedding and bang the ugly bridesmaid.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2016-06-26 11:58:03

tl;dr

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2016-08-17 02:18:17

At 4/12/16 12:57 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 4/12/16 07:49 AM, VenomationsTV wrote: The forum and website link don't work. How do I register?
Sorry, the NGPD is currently inactive. It may pick up again in the future after the whistle system is reintroduced, but no plans for it thus far. Thanks for expressing interest in joining though!

Aww, really? I just got my Police badge too..

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2016-08-17 04:54:34

At 8/17/16 02:18 AM, solitonmedic wrote: Aww, really? I just got my Police badge too..

We have been inactive for quite some time now.
We're talking years.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2016-09-30 20:40:50

Newly formed officer David reporting for duty.

English is not my first language, spanish is. Saludos desde Argentina.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2016-09-30 21:22:00

At 9/30/16 08:40 PM, Dovod wrote: Newly formed officer David reporting for duty.

At ease, officer. While it's great that you're interested in joining, the NGPD is currently inactive and has been for the past few years. It may start up again in the future but don't hold your breath.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2016-09-30 22:43:30

When will this revive?