00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jnnuy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

989,447 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-08-22 17:20:00

At 8/22/12 09:09 AM, Decky wrote:
At 8/22/12 02:34 AM, Spretznaz wrote: 'Scuse me while I go bang my head against a wall for not using the preview button I took the time to add.
Preview button? What preview button? I have no idea what is going on anymore!

Xaotic made a firefox script awhile back that adds a preview button. Works like a charm, too.

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-08-22 17:25:20

Tom has indeed confirmed that a whistle system will be added soon, and they are currently working on it. As I said before, until the new whistle system is implemented, we will just have to count on you guys for reporting bad flashes and authors to us.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-09-30 09:47:35

At 9/30/12 09:11 AM, Amaranthus wrote: Decky said I've reached the proper rank to join.
Well, here I am.

That was ages ago dude, I think it is safe to say that the NGPD is dead now. I even read a comment on a Tails news post where he said he didn't come here (this thread) anymore, nobody does. I think that you have missed your chance by a few months.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-09-30 09:55:35

At 9/30/12 09:47 AM, Decky wrote:
At 9/30/12 09:11 AM, Amaranthus wrote: Decky said I've reached the proper rank to join.
Well, here I am.
That was ages ago dude, I think it is safe to say that the NGPD is dead now. I even read a comment on a Tails news post where he said he didn't come here (this thread) anymore, nobody does. I think that you have missed your chance by a few months.

It's honestly too bad. Nobody new's coming in (except spammers) and it looks like ALL the old guys have vanished. I mean, are Deadmann/Gamewiz/all the others just lurking here but afraid to post in a "dead" club? If so, they're doing the exact thing that's helping it die even further. The same goes for the people that ARE active but don't post here either.

And Amaranthus, If you really want to join, maybe you can help by posting here as well. That way this club might actually be alive enough for you to be able to join.

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-09-30 09:58:03

At 9/30/12 09:57 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 9/30/12 09:55 AM, Spretznaz wrote:
At 9/30/12 09:47 AM, Decky wrote:
At 9/30/12 09:11 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
Alright, couple of possibly-stolen games in under judgement right now.
One guy submitted two games the same day, and they look like most stolen flash.

Links?

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-09-30 10:05:07

At 9/30/12 09:11 AM, Amaranthus wrote: Portal mod beat me to it, they're deleted.

Gutted, but at least you are getting the hang of what this club is about. Just remember to post links as soon as you find them and we're golden. Maybe this place can have even the smallest bit of fight left yet.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-09-30 10:09:33

At 9/30/12 10:05 AM, Decky wrote:
At 9/30/12 09:11 AM, Amaranthus wrote: Portal mod beat me to it, they're deleted.
Gutted, but at least you are getting the hang of what this club is about. Just remember to post links as soon as you find them and we're golden. Maybe this place can have even the smallest bit of fight left yet.

Here's a perfect example:

This one's from the known shovelware site "gamergoogle." Their name's not in the flash, but it links to their site from the more games button.

Mods, I hope you're here!

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-09-30 21:40:53

Holy shit. Activity?

I've been... Busy recently. I'm finally into my Senior year of High School, and it's been pretty much non-stop going off to hang out with my friends and such. Then when I am home, I haven't had the pull to come visit Newgrounds, let alone the NGPD.

Honestly, I figured everyone had just given up, and I didn't see the point in being a lone poster in a dead thread. :/

Blammin' and Shit Postin'

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-10-02 15:53:34

I barely come across NG these days. I've been enjoying writing and doing a lot of IRL stuff for some time. As for the assumption of me just leaning back and watching this place die wasn't really something I want to do. No, I'm waiting for Tom to give us back are damn whistles so we can make a decent impact on the portal. Last time I was here, it seemed we reached a silent agreement to wait this mess out. Eh, that's hopeful thinking anyway. Don't fear, I'll always be here. To many memories to just leave behind.

Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-10-02 16:11:52

At 9/30/12 09:40 PM, Gamewiz wrote: Holy shit. Activity?

I know right, it's been a while since we had any post but it's good to see us kinda up and running again in a small way.

Honestly, I figured everyone had just given up, and I didn't see the point in being a lone poster in a dead thread. :/

Same, but i think this could be a place to post links to shovelware and other general rule breaking flashs. Like the role that the EBG has seemingly took. Although I always thought of this place as more chatty and friendly.

At 10/2/12 03:53 PM, 34Deadman wrote: Don't fear, I'll always be here. To many memories to just leave behind.

Same Deadman, I'll always be straight here as soon as somebody posts. VIVA LA NGPD!

Good to see you Game and Deadman :)

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-10-08 02:15:50

Hello sir or madam, I was curious to see if I could join the Police Department. I believe that it is a neat cause to have newgrounds members talk about voting and whatnot and I feel I could contribute positively to the police community.

I have the correct Blam/Protection points

The only problem is that I do not post on BBS very often. I will post if required on the police department thread and even the 'webuda.com' forum if I become a member. Socially I am a man of few words. I have made over 100 flash reviews though, so I was hoping maybe those could be judged as my BBS posts would have been judged.

Hope to hear from you soon!

--Joe

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-10-08 08:26:16

At 10/8/12 02:15 AM, Wojoe66 wrote: Hello sir or madam, I was curious to see if I could join the Police Department.

Hey dude, I'm Decky one of the few people who still posts in this thread, even then it's when other people bump it anyway, I'd let you join but you don't have enough forum posts, you need at least 50 good quality (not one or two lines) I'm afraid. Other then that you're a good candidate for the thread but rules are rules.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-10-08 09:10:29

At 10/8/12 08:26 AM, Decky wrote:
At 10/8/12 02:15 AM, Wojoe66 wrote: Hello sir or madam, I was curious to see if I could join the Police Department.
Hey dude, I'm Decky one of the few people who still posts in this thread, even then it's when other people bump it anyway, I'd let you join but you don't have enough forum posts, you need at least 50 good quality (not one or two lines) I'm afraid. Other then that you're a good candidate for the thread but rules are rules.

Rules are made to be broken...also did you read the part where I have over 100 flash reviews?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-10-08 09:18:30

At 10/8/12 09:10 AM, Wojoe66 wrote: Rules are made to be broken...also did you read the part where I have over 100 flash reviews?

Sorry dude, also we don't take into account reviews here. It's all about the B/P and posts.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-10-08 13:05:29

At 10/8/12 09:10 AM, Wojoe66 wrote: Rules are made to be broken...also did you read the part where I have over 100 flash reviews?

Not in my crew they're not. Sorry lad, you'll have to work on attaining the minimum requirements before you can be considered a potential recruit. As Decky said, review counts are not a factor in the recruitment process - never has been and probably never will be. What's good is that you seem to have read the OP and are aware of our requirements, however your last statement has given me a negative impression as well. Getting that minimum of 50 posts is probably the easiest criterion to fulfill in the recruitment process besides asking to join.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-10-08 22:43:35

At 10/8/12 01:05 PM, TailsPrower wrote:

:Getting that minimum of 50 posts is probably the easiest criterion to fulfill in the recruitment process besides asking to join.

That would be true if I liked this forum. Oh well. Not worth it.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-10-08 22:56:40

At 10/8/12 10:43 PM, Wojoe66 wrote: That would be true if I liked this forum. Oh well. Not worth it.

The Newgrounds forum will miss your presence greatly. This day will always be remember as when the omnipotent Wojoe66 gave in the fight of trying to enjoy this place. Pray silence please, we mourn the loss.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-10-08 22:59:22

At 10/8/12 10:43 PM, Wojoe66 wrote: That would be true if I liked this forum. Oh well. Not worth it.

Why do 8/10 of the people who apply here nowadays turn out to be worthless trolls? I think I'll try to recruit a few genuinely good posters/BPers later.

Just thought of exactly who to ask right before posting this-hopefully you guys'll see them post here in the near future.

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-10-08 23:04:09

At 10/8/12 10:59 PM, Spretznaz wrote:
Why do 8/10 of the people who apply here nowadays turn out to be worthless trolls? I think I'll try to recruit a few genuinely good posters/BPers later.

I better be the 2/10

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-10-10 07:33:50

At 10/8/12 10:56 PM, Decky wrote: The Newgrounds forum will miss your presence greatly. This day will always be remember as when the omnipotent Wojoe66 gave in the fight of trying to enjoy this place. Pray silence please, we mourn the loss.

Oh don't worry Decky. Life goes on. I might occasionally post on the forum. I just won't go out of my way to do so. You can start living life again knowing that I will always be a part of this loving and nurturing community we call Newgrounds... and I call family : D

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-10-11 18:06:58

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-10-18 06:32:44

Today is Tail's birthday! Let us celebrate if anybody still visits this place. I'm sure some activity would be one of the greatest presents we could give. Mainly because we don't see him IRL but still.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-10-18 11:09:56

At 10/18/12 06:32 AM, Decky wrote: Today is Tail's birthday! Let us celebrate if anybody still visits this place. I'm sure some activity would be one of the greatest presents we could give. Mainly because we don't see him IRL but still.

I posted on the thread for the heck of it. Looking forward to a drunk tails running this place!

okay, maybe it'll be the end of us, but eh.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-11-05 15:05:47

At 11/5/12 12:41 PM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 10/18/12 11:09 AM, 34Deadman wrote: okay, maybe it'll be the end of us, but eh.
I think with 2 weeks of no activity in this club, it seems that it already is the end to be honest.

Yeah I think the time has come to officially class this thread as dead. It's a real shame as I like Lizzardis have had a lot of fun here and many good memories of the old times. We had a good run so lets not be sad and who knows, there might be a revival at some point in the future.

I wish all of the NGPD members past and (kinda) present the best of luck in their endeavours. We did a lot of good for this site in helping keep crap out of here.

R.I.P. NGPD

Newgrounds Police Dept.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-11-05 17:43:20

At 11/5/12 03:38 PM, Lizzardis wrote: So long NGPD. It's been fun.

323 pages of fun later, it's finally over. Yes, I've been here for the whole damn time, just lurking silently for most of it. :(

But... that's the thing: I can always just go back through the old times by re-reading them all. With the exception of the stuff that's been deleted by people getting their post history nuked, it's all still there. I mean, yeah, I wouldn't say no to another 323 pages of it at all, but I'm happy it happened regardless of if it'll ever happen again.

I'm not surprised it died though. Between Tails fucking off and not leaving any system for electing new commissioners behind, and the whistle system that the thread relied on for most of its activity disappearing, the chances of it surviving the current website design and activity levels were slim at best. The only ones who are interested enough in B/Ping to talk about it are usually out of the NGPD rank limits in 2 weeks, and now with the whistle gone, what else is left to discuss here?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-11-05 18:01:51

At 11/5/12 05:43 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: 323 pages of fun later, it's finally over. Yes, I've been here for the whole damn time, just lurking silently for most of it. :(

I tried to stay as active as possible during my time here even if I was only a member for 165 pages, completely dwarfed by your 323. When all is said and done I'm really going to miss my time here. Probably why I keep posting despite the fact that I've said my farewells. One final salute I guess.

*SALUTE*

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-11-08 06:48:51

140 pages I've been here, technically my first post here. I got rejected for my first application(I didn't have the best posting habits and was below the 50 posting minimal). I did get accepted at page 488 as an apprentice...thus began my joyride here. My first year here was when this club was really rolling. This stretched over a 2 year period as well, still haven't been promoted yet!

I, for one, hate to say good bye's. Mainly because I hope dearly I'll drop by this place again and it'll thrive once more. Whenever the whistles come back is when this place will do just that again. Maybe it'll be without us, but the club will eventually move on to something.

Do not take this as a good bye gents. But might as well take my chance to make probably my last salute. Until then lads, or to anyone who even graces this old relic.

*Salutes*

so many sad faces, I'll put a happy one just to mess with you guys!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-11-13 10:44:28

I, too, am sorry to hear that the NGPD is closing it's doors. While I did a lot more lurking than posting here, I was keeping an eye for the future potentials for the Elite Guard. We've been going through our ups and downs as well, but I am happy to say there are a dedicated few that keep the flame alive and still fight the good fight.

So for all of you working your way towards private, and then beyond - keep doing what you can to build up your reputation: vote fairly, make thoughtful and helpful posts, and strive to be someone better than average. When you reach Private (or better) and you think you're up to the challenge, drop on by the Elite Guard Barracks and ask to join - and if you qualify, you'll be added to our ranks.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them on the EGB Forum or send me a PM if you prefer.

It was a good run. Leave with your heads held high - there is no shame in your game!

*Salutes*

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-11-19 11:16:49

It truly saddens me to see this place die. I've been a member here for 2+ years now and feel it's somehow partly my fault that the thread has died. I've not been very active here, if anywhere on NG, due to real life commitments.

I hope that one day we revive this from the ashes.

*salute*

Sleep well, dear thread.

Things are never meant to be easy. Everything is a challenge to someone.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-11-21 22:20:24

Well, today I came onto this site for the first time in a year, it seems only appropriate I showed up in time to see this thread laid to rest. Now reading this thread I intended for this to be the final time I ever post or even go to this site. I loved this club, and I loved you guys more than people I had known personally for years back when this thread was active. Back when I joined this thread I was a silly little middle school kid, now I'm a high school senior looking forward to college. This Newgrounds is a strange place, one that doesn't remind me of the NGPD's glory years. So with this I say so long and farewell. I'll never forget you guys.

Goodnight, sweet prince.

You can't spell FÜHRER without Ü

"You know you fail in life when you fail to end your failure"