00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

958,266 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-27 15:13:29

@ Kinsei: Very cool
@ Jonny : Very sad

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-27 15:49:58

Regarding the Art Request Thread

Since we've been talking about the rules recently and possibly shaking a few things up in this forum, I have to ask you regs how you feel about the current request thread. Is it working? Have there been any success stories? Are the requirements too strict?

We would love some input.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-27 16:27:40

At 10/27/10 03:49 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Regarding the Art Request Thread

Sadly I haven't taken up many projects from the request thread. But despite that, I think the rules are pretty good over all, if anything needs to be reinforced is the payment/reward for doing the work. The payment/reward is the one thing that seems to get left out the most.

Now this is just for the kicks.

On the other end, I think that us artist should take more jobs from the thread. I suggest a public posting of a weekly, biweekly or monthly tally of how many jobs each of us do.

Only getting the mark on completion of course...

Inspire a little friendly competition between us.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-27 16:57:21

At 10/27/10 04:27 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 10/27/10 03:49 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Regarding the Art Request Thread
Sadly I haven't taken up many projects from the request thread. But despite that, I think the rules are pretty good over all, if anything needs to be reinforced is the payment/reward for doing the work. The payment/reward is the one thing that seems to get left out the most.

Now this is just for the kicks.
On the other end, I think that us artist should take more jobs from the thread. I suggest a public posting of a weekly, biweekly or monthly tally of how many jobs each of us do.
Only getting the mark on completion of course...
Inspire a little friendly competition between us.

I can actually see this working for the smaller requests; say if someone wants a quick graphic or a logo design or a menu background or whatever, and cant really pay anything, they could drop it in a special thread, so that the art request thread could be saved for the more serious, bigger requests. Or perhaps they should be combined, I dont know. I think there should be a artrequest.newgrouds.com account to watch over the scoring though.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-27 17:12:21

I think the biggest problem is the fact that most people are asking for full game art or partial game art.
I think if they were smaller, part time things more people would want to do them

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-27 17:43:54

At 10/27/10 05:12 PM, M-Vero wrote: I think the biggest problem is the fact that most people are asking for full game art or partial game art.
I think if they were smaller, part time things more people would want to do them

We were thinking of creating a thread in the collab forum and redirecting stuff like that there... and keep the request thread here for things like... I need a logo, tattoo, t-shirt designs, etc. Maybe it should be renamed:
..:: Art Commissions Thread 1.0 ::..

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-27 18:22:26

At 10/27/10 05:43 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: We were thinking of creating a thread in the collab forum and redirecting stuff like that there... and keep the request thread here for things like... I need a logo, tattoo, t-shirt designs, etc. Maybe it should be renamed:

that would be better, commission implies payment, request means freebies, although you could have a freebie thread for small stuff if people are desperate and want to try their luck

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-27 18:56:58

At 10/27/10 06:22 PM, Ashman wrote:
At 10/27/10 05:43 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: We were thinking of creating a thread in the collab forum and redirecting stuff like that there... and keep the request thread here for things like... I need a logo, tattoo, t-shirt designs, etc. Maybe it should be renamed:
that would be better, commission implies payment, request means freebies, although you could have a freebie thread for small stuff if people are desperate and want to try their luck

Probably wouldn't amount to much, but yeah, that isn't too bad an idea. However, I've yet to really bother to take a single request, myself, and I don't really know any regs who have - like M-vero said, nobody really want to straight-out take the time to plug in a full-set of game art and the like, smaller requests would work better, although it wouldn't deal with the million or so request threads that seem to pop up.

That, and telling the difference between the two threads to people new to this forum might be a little confusing.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-27 19:53:33

I would be much more interested in smaller things, like single character commissions or small group things, you know, commission stuff.

what most people here would probably consider commission stuff at least.

My only concern would be reliability with payment, something that I've seen as pretty common place is half before the commission, half after, or all at the start, to avoid getting shafted.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-28 23:59:29

Woo got my second one done and votes are already going well :D

Excess votes can't hurt any :3

so come on guys :D

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-29 00:02:37

At 10/28/10 11:59 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Woo got my second one done and votes are already going well :D

this was inevitable, your subconscience needs are leaking into your work

next will be bewb pumpkin

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-29 00:09:55

At 10/29/10 12:02 AM, Ashman wrote:
next will be bewb pumpkin

....either what you said is true...
-or-
the lack of sleep lately is finally catching up with me..... cause that sounds like a good Idea..... >.>.... I wonder if I can get another pumpkin before Sunday >.>

NG Contest Here I come!!!!!!!!!!!.....
its probably the lack of booze, sleep, sex and caffeine o.0'.....

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-29 00:13:05

At 10/28/10 11:59 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Woo got my second one done and votes are already going well :D

That's awesome Kinsei! I wish I knew how to carve pumpkins. Imagine the things I'll be able to do with those things.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-29 00:18:04

At 10/29/10 12:13 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Imagine the things I'll be able to do with those things.

I'd rather not imagine.... cause in my head it would probably end up with you having a restraining order against all vegetables....
o.o'....

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-29 01:12:14

wait....the pumpkin is potions, damn i thought it was beer :( teach me to read before it post

in my eyes it is beer, and shall always be beer

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-29 01:33:49

At 10/29/10 01:12 AM, Ashman wrote: wait....the pumpkin is potions, damn i thought it was beer :( teach me to read before it post
in my eyes it is beer, and shall always be beer

Bullshit. Those aren't potion bottles, those are wine bottles.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-29 10:08:24

Happy birthday Vero.

Someone needs to get onto making a thread for him.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-29 11:40:20

At 10/29/10 10:08 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Happy birthday Vero.
Someone needs to get onto making a thread for him.

hBay Vero!!!! thread i would make but all i have for creation of art atm is ms paint & tracker pad

also gumby's birthday tomorrow apparently, joint bDay thread perhaps? thread would be 2x as aweso

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-29 11:50:13

Happy birthday Mr. Vero! Hope it's a good one!

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-29 12:04:42

Oi Vero!
Happy B-day!
Go out and get smashed and post the photos.... we'll laugh with you, we promise. :3

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-29 18:23:38

At 10/29/10 10:08 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Happy birthday Vero.

I don't have much time to make proper drawings lately, so I'll make up for the lack of attention with money.
Here's what I bought you for your birthday, Vero.

It's a Louis Vuitton, and they are goddam expensive.

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-29 19:20:41

Happy Birthday Vero!

.... and no, there's no witty comment following.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-29 19:57:16

Happy birthday wishes vero!

How old are you now?

every morn I awake from the cavernous night

look at my pictures

look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-29 20:46:10

Happy birthday Vero!!!

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-29 21:19:25

Thanks guys, joe the bag is fabulous, my old one was getting a bit worn and torn.

ladies

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-29 21:23:34

Happy Bday, Vero!!!

don't worry the cake's all for you!

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-29 21:29:41

At 10/29/10 09:19 PM, M-Vero wrote: Thanks guys, joe the bag is fabulous, my old one was getting a bit worn and torn.
ladies

It makes whoring that much easier.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-29 22:19:52

happy birthday Vero.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-29 23:11:15

Happy birthday, Vero, have fun being eighteen. Perfect reason to get completely drunk and go on a popcorn-consuming rampage.

In other news, I stubbed my pinky and the nail on it split in half. That's the second toe that's happened on, first being on my big toe (which is now going ingrown). Are my feet being targeted, or conspired against?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-30 00:16:09

New day, new birthday. Happy birthday gumby.