Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-22 16:15:57 Reply

At 2/22/10 04:13 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 2/22/10 04:08 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 2/22/10 03:39 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: very very long speech about his 2000th post
Goddam that post was way too long for a Kinsei post.
Knowing me, and how I've posted in the past, I'll probably squander my 4000th post without realizing it.
come on jonny, since when have something like this go buy with out making it somewhat flashy!.
as for your 4k post, I'm some one will remember and remind you :P

holy shit.... that was almost gibberish!
perhaps I should try again by banging my head on the keyboard o.0..... it would make more sense.....
there are some "I's" missing out of there and a "sure" is definitely missing o.0.....

damn.....

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-22 16:48:31 Reply

At 2/22/10 03:39 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: very very long speech about his 2000th post
Knowing me, and how I've posted in the past, I'll probably squander my 4000th post without realizing it.

draw a picture to celebrate, or let us draw pictures to celebrate, unlucky kinsei, woulda drew you a picture but i didnt know you were going to make such a big deal of it all

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-22 16:51:52 Reply

At 2/22/10 04:48 PM, ashman112 wrote:
draw a picture to celebrate, or let us draw pictures to celebrate, unlucky kinsei, woulda drew you a picture but i didnt know you were going to make such a big deal of it all

Naw I just wanted to do something overly dramatic.
as for jonny. sure A 4k Post picture sounds like a great idea!

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-22 18:05:10 Reply

At 2/22/10 03:39 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Now for my Epic 2000th post....

congrats, I'm definitely not going to read all that :D

PS: If any of you ever want to get me a present I suggest this

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-22 18:15:20 Reply

At 2/22/10 06:05 PM, Captain-Ben wrote:
At 2/22/10 03:39 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Now for my Epic 2000th post....
congrats, I'm definitely not going to read all that :D

PS: If any of you ever want to get me a present I suggest this

i cant tell whether thats for rel or if its a joke, the price certainly seems like a joke, but its so hardcore

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-22 18:22:10 Reply

At 2/22/10 06:05 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: PS: If any of you ever want to get me a present I suggest this

I tried to buy it for you, but I just can't get enough in student loans :(

Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-22 18:30:31 Reply

At 2/22/10 06:15 PM, ashman112 wrote: i cant tell whether thats for rel or if its a joke, the price certainly seems like a joke, but its so hardcore

It's completely legit, and that's a reasonable price for a full size and functioning marble fountain. It's just too hardcore.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-22 18:35:57 Reply

At 2/22/10 03:39 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: So to you my fellow regulars and Art form squires alike, I raise my glass of whiskey and uncork my bottle of scotch! To you I hope the path continues like my own; Long, hard, and worth every step!

And thats Where I noticed it. How Could he raise his glass before opening his bottle?
If there ever was a suspicion to rule them all, this was it.
This was the moment
The moment my mind finally opened to the seemingly implausable....
Kinsei did not drink whiskey!

quite vocabulate for a non-native speaker am I?

anyways, Congrats

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
ornery
ornery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-22 23:08:15 Reply

On the subject of organization.

I am pretty damn organized. The only mess my room/ studio really ever accumulates is random knick knacks and junk on the desk, and laundry on the floor. I am extremely OCD when it comes to my art supplies and artwork though.
I dont remeber the name of it but i believe there is a book out there that actually discusses and shows various artists and their studios and its pretty interesting to see how ones studio and home reflect on their style of work.

I would have to say that im not surprised really by most peoples responses when you see their work. Lots of times you can make a pretty good guess as to what someones work or living space looks like just by glancing at their work. It makes sense that Kraig would be disorganized and messy, look at his work, its gestural and expressive mark making isnt something i would expect to see out of a germaphobic neat freak. When ever i have people over who know my work they always see my room and say "yeah that explains alot"

Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-23 07:19:04 Reply

Day 2 with no sleep, and thus begins my descent into madness.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-23 07:23:16 Reply

At 2/23/10 07:19 AM, Captain-Ben wrote: Day 2 with no sleep, and thus begins my descent into madness.

Good God, man! Go to bed!

BBS Signature
JoeTheToucan
JoeTheToucan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-23 07:23:23 Reply

At 2/23/10 07:19 AM, Captain-Ben wrote: Day 2 with no sleep, and thus begins my descent into madness.

what a coincidence! I had insomnia for two days also. Try gettn' off the comp for a while.

No mate, no.

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-23 08:06:21 Reply

At 2/23/10 07:23 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
Good God, man! Go to bed!

Aww screw it, you can sleep when your dead!

BBS Signature
WaterShake
WaterShake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-23 12:29:53 Reply

Ok, i'm aware I haven't earned the privilege to post in here, but TurkeyOnAStick suggested I raise the issue here. I posted a short lived thread about the topic, you can see it here

In the relatively short amount of time i've spent in this forum, I have seen many intelligent, helpful people, some very talented. I think this forums great and I'm not trying to nag anyone.

But i've also noticed that not many threads get feedback.
this thread has some really good stuff in it, however it only has 3 replies that aren't from the artist.

I understand that we don't have the time, or the patience, to comment on every drawing, painting or otherwise we see in the forum, but I think it'd be nice to see a more "active" community.

This forum is host to many regular contributers and members, and I don't think it would be the same without them. But theres a lot of less established artists as well. and I think it's a damn shame that they appear to be ignored.

I for one plan on becoming a more active member of this community and proving myself as an artist and a source of advice.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, i'll keep an eye out for responses.

nobody goes there anymore. its too popular.

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-23 13:07:56 Reply

At 2/23/10 12:29 PM, WaterShake wrote: This forum is host to many regular contributers and members, and I don't think it would be the same without them. But theres a lot of less established artists as well. and I think it's a damn shame that they appear to be ignored.

I think that is a good point to bring up, its something I have struggled with too. Still, I cant say I comment to other poeples art a lot.
I dont agree that only the less established get ignored. I consider myself quite established around here by now, still the last 4 pieces I posted in my thread received no more than 1 comment.

and, as much as I appreciate every comment, it wasnt even helpfull

I think it is something characteristic of the art forum at the moment.
I try to make a point out of posting helpfull comments, Id rather get/post one helpfull comment than 10 comments saying "that`s really good" or something like that. However, this might also contribute to the lack of replies. Ergo: Posting a good reply takes time.

One last point: examinging and looking for improvents to other poeples art, will improve your own art too!

hope that inspires everyone

BBS Signature
WaterShake
WaterShake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-23 14:03:26 Reply

Thanks for replying J-qb, i'll be sure to check out you're thread.

Ok, i'll stop posting in this thread now, so if anyone has any further thoughts then feel free to send them in a PM.

Thanks.

nobody goes there anymore. its too popular.

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-23 14:34:17 Reply

At 2/23/10 02:03 PM, WaterShake wrote: Ok, i'll stop posting in this thread now

Ha ha you don't have to "earn the right" to post in here, anyone can. There's no rule about who can and can't post in a thread. We need new meat, don't run away.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-23 14:42:14 Reply

At 2/23/10 02:34 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: We need new meat, don't run away.

New meat? Oh dear, I guess I shouldn't have eaten that green meat in the back room then...
Oh god, I'm gonna be sick *runs off*

The-Worsley-Bear
The-Worsley-Bear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-23 14:43:14 Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTKSBzg67 xs

Watch, discuss...

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-23 14:47:12 Reply

You remind me of the Butcher

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-23 14:52:20 Reply

At 2/23/10 02:03 PM, WaterShake wrote: Thanks for replying J-qb, i'll be sure to check out you're thread.

Ok, i'll stop posting in this thread now, so if anyone has any further thoughts then feel free to send them in a PM.

Thanks.

Q-bles.....you have a thread... o.0.......... I'm so insensitive I never know...

ok jokes aside.

yeah I will admit that around the forum there is this somewhat cast system of users, the regulars being at the top and the crap rolls down hill. And although this may seem cold at first like a cold lonely night, but in truth, we are more like a bunch of friendly hobos huddeled around the barrel fire atempting to keep warm. We openly welcome anyone to come in and join us.We don't ask why there here, or how they ended up on these mean street, but welcome them all the same.

and curtain

although in our defense of lack of posting in newer threads or artist that come around, you have to understand some of the shit we put up with around here to begin with. Some times we get people who are only interested in good comments and praise and for us to say something needs to be fixed or if something is not right is just asking for a fight.

I know this is more or less beating a dead horse, and possibly me asking for trouble, but lets take a look at this fellow Wesmedow
His art isn't the worst I have seen... but his attitude made it where very few of us wanted to deal with him.
This isn't the only example of the point I'm trying to make, but it's a damn good one. we sometimes have to be cautious of what we say to new people or else we just end up making fights

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-23 15:00:06 Reply

At 2/23/10 02:43 PM, The-Worsley-Bear wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTKSBzg67 xs
Watch, discuss...

So that's what the roller ball is used for.
That was pretty cool, I liked it.

At 2/23/10 02:47 PM, J-qb wrote:
You remind me of the Butcher

Bill the Butcher?

At 2/23/10 02:52 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: although in our defense of lack of posting in newer threads or artist that come around, you have to understand some of the shit we put up with around here to begin with. Some times we get people who are only interested in good comments and praise and for us to say something needs to be fixed or if something is not right is just asking for a fight.

Ain't that the truth man, ain't that the truth. It just gets so frustrating at times like this. You try to be helpful, but they rebuke you. You try to control your temper, ignore their curses and still give advice, when you really want to knock them upside the head and slap some sense into them. And sometimes, you just loose your cool and you snap, and some times, it's on the unfortunate ones who don't necessarily deserve the cursing, it's just that their little moment was the final straw on the haystack that broke the donkey's back that is your rage and anger.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-23 15:07:45 Reply

At 2/23/10 03:00 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Ain't that the truth man, ain't that the truth.

indeed it is, another one is Reanimator54, and although he is no longer around, he was another one who came down to the point he would snap at just about anyone who commented on his stuff, didn't matter whether it was a good comment or bad either.

there are even times when people will come around literally trying to pick fights for no reasons.

So although it might be slightly cowardly of me, but when some one new shows up I tend prefer to sit and watch what they do before I comment, or I investigate them a little, then comment, either way....

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-23 15:15:56 Reply

At 2/23/10 03:07 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: So although it might be slightly cowardly of me, but when some one new shows up I tend prefer to sit and watch what they do before I comment, or I investigate them a little, then comment, either way....

Then again, It seems to be not only the new threads, or the new users that are ignored.
It seems (to me) to be a bit of an all-round problem

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-23 15:19:34 Reply

At 2/23/10 03:15 PM, J-qb wrote: Then again, It seems to be not only the new threads, or the new users that are ignored.

Well, lets take a look here. There are, what, 20-30 people who are on the art forum regularly? We're not as big a population as general. Also, it's not like you're going to comment on every piece that gets displayed, whether by new users or by old. I try to respond at least once to almost every thread, unless I really can't be bothered, or unless the thread really doesn't do anything for me. Although I have found that most of the commenting, whether useful or useless, is done by me in most people's threads.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-23 15:22:38 Reply

At 2/23/10 03:15 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 2/23/10 03:07 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: So although it might be slightly cowardly of me, but when some one new shows up I tend prefer to sit and watch what they do before I comment, or I investigate them a little, then comment, either way....
Then again, It seems to be not only the new threads, or the new users that are ignored.

I will Ignore you until the end of time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not really, but this is getting fun :P

I admit that it is sad that some users ruin the chances of other new users,as well as there own reputations, because of their actions,

and we all could probably chip in a bit more to make some of them feel more welcome.

but I guess in that sense, the door swings both ways, sometimes the new users have to insert them selves a little to get noticed...

BBS Signature
Havegum
Havegum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-23 15:29:49 Reply

I think the rules should show up before you start a new thread for the first time!
That way we wouldn't have as many "scaot me plzz!!1!"-, and "Requesting banner for mah awesome site"-threads

(And an error message if one tries to post a new thread w/o a starter image would be nice)

But yeah, this forum could be waa-ha-haaaay more active ...

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-23 15:39:27 Reply

At 2/23/10 03:29 PM, Havegum wrote: But yeah, this forum could be waa-ha-haaaay more active ...

this is going to require us to be more social.... isn't it......

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-23 15:45:30 Reply

on that note, I think
A; we arent really having that much SCOUT MEH plz threads anymore.
B; Remember how I used to urge everyone to stop flamming the "noobs" (gosh I hate that word)? I`d like to thank you for doing just that! THANKS!

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-23 16:04:08 Reply

At 2/23/10 03:39 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 2/23/10 03:29 PM, Havegum wrote: But yeah, this forum could be waa-ha-haaaay more active ...
this is going to require us to be more social.... isn't it......

dammit kinsei your gunna have to learn how to socialise with other human beings at some point, and on the subject yes many personal threads get ignored, i believe for the reason that many people only post in their own thread, not being negative, but half of the personal threads here, the users never post anywhere else in the art forum, so we dont feel like posting there, i for one try my best to post on most of the new threads, or any thread with interesting or good drawings, but as a majority most of the crits go to either really bad or extremely good artists, mediocre artists barely only get the usual "this is good"