00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blacktree4 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rate this

1,324 Views | 29 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Rate this 2007-08-30 15:42:56

I made this pic as a test of my art skills (followed a tutorial). Rate me on the Newgrounds System (out of 5), and tell me whether I'm worth a damn as an artist.

Rate this

"Sit down and shut up and do as I say" -- Zeus

BBS Signature

Response to Rate this 2007-08-30 15:44:37

At 8/30/07 03:42 PM, OneWhoListens wrote: I made this pic as a test of my art skills (followed a tutorial). Rate me on the Newgrounds System (out of 5), and tell me whether I'm worth a damn as an artist.

A), Too pointy, and B), Make up your own damn characters, as Dragon Ball Z is too overused. 2/5.

"If you brought your partici-pants, put 'em on!"

|Go Here|and Here|and Here|

BBS Signature

Response to Rate this 2007-08-30 15:47:03

At 8/30/07 03:44 PM, dodo-man-1 wrote:
At 8/30/07 03:42 PM, OneWhoListens wrote: I made this pic as a test of my art skills (followed a tutorial). Rate me on the Newgrounds System (out of 5), and tell me whether I'm worth a damn as an artist.
A), Too pointy, and B), Make up your own damn characters, as Dragon Ball Z is too overused. 2/5.

As I said, I did it as a test, and dbz characters are the easiest to draw.

BBS Signature

Response to Rate this 2007-08-30 15:50:05

http://www.cablenet.ne.jp/%7ejapanime/tu torial/goku_tutorial.html

1 because i tried and +1, because something is better than nothing -0.5 if you want to check you drawing skill, please make your own character and draw FULLY extended character. (legs arm and etc...)

Total: 1.5/5

Response to Rate this 2007-08-30 15:51:24

At 8/30/07 03:47 PM, OneWhoListens wrote:
At 8/30/07 03:44 PM, dodo-man-1 wrote:
As I said, I did it as a test, and dbz characters are the easiest to draw.

Critique doesn't need an answer. Only questions do. Take critique like a real man...
Too pointy (it is, don't whine about it). Stop using line tool.
Show us something scanned if you can. I have this strange feeling you can draw better on paper.

BBS Signature

Response to Rate this 2007-08-30 15:51:26

Thats a great drawing of a chicken's cloaca.

Response to Rate this 2007-08-30 16:43:56

you didnt work that hard on this.
probably traced an already made pic and made it look crappier.
just dont use other people's ideas, cuz you cant make it any better if it already looks good.
try sketching something, copying, and tracing it on flash. This will be original, and you train ur skill at the same time.

| - - - - - - - - - - - - - | my art thread | blood & gore | doodles | I'll draw you! | - - - - - - - - - - - - - |

BBS Signature

Response to Rate this 2007-08-30 16:49:57

Here. I just went and drew this picture. I don't have a working scanner atm, so i took a pic of it, which should do, maybe?

Rate this

BBS Signature

Response to Rate this 2007-08-30 16:53:17

2 0f5 it need originallity

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Rate this 2007-08-30 16:56:13

At 8/30/07 04:49 PM, OneWhoListens wrote: Here. I just went and drew this picture. I don't have a working scanner atm, so i took a pic of it, which should do, maybe?

as long as you didnt take the photo at an angle.
it doesnt matter the quality of the image, kuz your just gona trace it. (that's what i do anyway)

| - - - - - - - - - - - - - | my art thread | blood & gore | doodles | I'll draw you! | - - - - - - - - - - - - - |

BBS Signature

Response to Rate this 2007-08-30 17:45:54

Done in MSPaint, yo.

Rate this

"Whoever said 'winners never quit' obviously never considered addicts." - Hoeloe

BBS Signature

Response to Rate this 2007-08-30 19:19:24

2 out of five, round the edges, make your own character, shade, I think its all be said.

Response to Rate this 2007-08-30 19:34:02

At 8/30/07 04:49 PM, OneWhoListens wrote: Here. I just went and drew this picture. I don't have a working scanner atm, so i took a pic of it, which should do, maybe?

Ur good.

Save up for a tablet or learn to make rounder lines.

Keep practicing. Everyone sucks when they start.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Rate this 2007-08-31 14:11:39

You Draw DBZ different for me I don't a super fan of the show but I like the budokai 3 you draw pretty good but try draw a little more realistic like this( dont see anything wrong but how sharp you draw)3/5

Rate this

BBS Signature

Response to Rate this 2007-08-31 16:08:13

At 8/31/07 02:11 PM, Fijeta wrote: You Draw DBZ different for me I don't a super fan of the show but I like the budokai 3 you draw pretty good but try draw a little more realistic like this( dont see anything wrong but how sharp you draw)3/5

NICE...nice!

Response to Rate this 2007-08-31 16:49:50

At 8/31/07 02:11 PM, Fijeta wrote: You Draw DBZ different for me I don't a super fan of the show but I like the budokai 3 you draw pretty good but try draw a little more realistic like this( dont see anything wrong but how sharp you draw)3/5

nice tracing.
:dont feel like going through copying the original pic.

BBS Signature

Response to Rate this 2007-08-31 17:01:57

i dont really like the cuts and scrapes on it, they dont go with the roundness of the character. they're too.... straight and out of place. and the criss cross bruises just make it look worse.

basically the drawing would of looked better without the cuts and blood.

Response to Rate this 2007-08-31 17:12:13

like this?

Rate this

BBS Signature

Response to Rate this 2007-08-31 17:37:14

At 8/31/07 05:12 PM, Dookiemaister wrote:
like this?

i was thinking this (changed it up a bit with a clone brush), i dont think its traced, its just ugly with blood. now that all that stuff is off the pic looks drawin really long. the character has a really long neck.

Rate this

Response to Rate this 2007-08-31 19:00:43

nice tracing.
dont feel like going through copying the original pic.

No I Didn't trace it I drew after seeing a DBZ DVD
i ususally don't draw DBZ because people think I trace it

BBS Signature

Response to Rate this 2007-08-31 19:03:17

i give it 2 penises out of 5

CHECK MY BLOG, PENIS HELECOPTER ATTACKS RUSSIAN SPEECH!!

PENIS-COPTER

BBS Signature

Response to Rate this 2007-08-31 19:05:22

At 8/31/07 07:03 PM, penis-plant wrote: i give it 2 penises out of 5

god i hate you and you're...whateverf you do ways!

alright. round out rth edges.. and make the colors harder ^_^

WHERE'S THE DIX?

Response to Rate this 2007-08-31 20:03:03

2.5- chin is to pointy, eyes to far apart.

not bad over all!

Response to Rate this 2007-08-31 22:50:56

I drew this picture like 4 years ago butmy scanner is jacked up so I took a quick snapshot

Rate this

BBS Signature

Response to Rate this 2007-08-31 22:58:56

At 8/31/07 10:50 PM, LackofSlfCntrl wrote: I drew this picture like 4 years ago butmy scanner is jacked up so I took a quick snapshot

ok this blood effect is better than the other guys but i still think it totally ruins the drawing. what is it with the overdose of blood. sure a little is fine but u gave the guy more open wounds than needed. people dont bleed from every nook and cranny of the face imaginable. pick a spot for blood and leave it at that, dont add the it to both eyebrows, both eyes, both sides of the jaw ect. one spot is decent. im surpised hes not dead from blood loss.

even the actual dragonball z episodes dont use that much blood

wow i did a rant, and for DBZ, i must be tired.

Response to Rate this 2007-08-31 23:07:07

At 8/31/07 10:58 PM, narf109 wrote:
At 8/31/07 10:50 PM, LackofSlfCntrl wrote: I drew this picture like 4 years ago butmy scanner is jacked up so I took a quick snapshot
ok this blood effect is better than the other guys but i still think it totally ruins the drawing. what is it with the overdose of blood. sure a little is fine but u gave the guy more open wounds than needed. people dont bleed from every nook and cranny of the face imaginable. pick a spot for blood and leave it at that, dont add the it to both eyebrows, both eyes, both sides of the jaw ect. one spot is decent. im surpised hes not dead from blood loss.

even the actual dragonball z episodes dont use that much blood

wow i did a rant, and for DBZ, i must be tired.

LOL yeah to be honest I agree with you but this was like 4 or 5 years ago maybe even longer, when I liked DBZ alot and liked drawing the characters covered in copious amounts of blood ,I was like 16 and I liked violence.... Ill have to draw something new with alot less blood lol,

BBS Signature

Response to Rate this 2007-08-31 23:37:30

ok Narf here is a quick sketch I just did took me like 15 minutes and there is no blood

Rate this

BBS Signature

Response to Rate this 2007-09-01 00:00:28

At 8/31/07 11:37 PM, LackofSlfCntrl wrote: ok Narf here is a quick sketch I just did took me like 15 minutes and there is no blood

yay, it's a good drawing too. the blood rant was just for all the blood hungry artists out their, didn't mean to go after ur stuff in particular. ur DBZ stuff is the best on this thread so far. so don't be ashamed of the 4-5 year ago pic .

However for the sake of all the blood lovers, sometimes just adding some red color everywhere isnt always the best approach.

Response to Rate this 2007-09-01 00:05:02

i remember when i was a young wipper snapper....drawing dbz......i dont have anything from my past cause my nephews where pyros and so on so fourth....you drawing uses the line tool in all the wrong ways....your chin is wayyyy to pointy like he's gonna stab his own throat ,where his lip is supose to be its a really big bottom lip man.....and dbz eyes they usually have them near center when showing anger....almost cross eyed but not.....and shading and lighting could use alot of touch ups......giving the score a 0.5/5