00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Live Earth = BS

10,732 Views | 230 Replies

Response to Live Earth = BS 2007-07-10 23:15:32

The fact is there is no scientific proof of anything these pompas assholes say. Global warming is a natural accurance. You have warming periods and cooling periods. Its a cycle that happens over and over again. Do we pollute and screw things up? Absolutaly. But Al Gore can kiss my ass. He drives around in a SUV and tells us to conserve. Well FU Al Gore. Its been proven that his gay ass movie was all bullshit. But what do you expect from someone who claimed to have invented the internet.

Response to Live Earth = BS 2007-07-11 11:20:32

At 7/9/07 05:09 PM, EcilaSrennah wrote: I know, I'm probably wrong about mostly everything, I don't know much about politics and science, but those are my two cents, for what they're worth.

Two cents?

Your ignorance regarding LEDs is staggering! You present your views with no scientific or engineering data to back it up. You've provided no links to any articles or research papers to back up your conclusions. You've presented your opinions, based on nothing but your own fear, as if it were established truth.

I collect flashlights. I stopped counting how many LED lights I have, when my collection of those lights grew to over 2 dozen. And believe me, flashlight collecting is more common than most folks think it is. My collection is okay..... But it pales in comparison to what other collectors have. Some of whom are electrical engineers! I seriously doubt that they would use LEDs, if your baseless claims were true.

On a more personal level, I patrol darkened office floors for a living. (If everyone slept when it was dark out, crooks would burglarize office buildings at night). What do I use 5 nights out of the week, every week? A black 2-C cell Maglite with their LED upgrade. This isn't some tiny LED key-chain model. My full-size LED flashlight is what I've used for nearly a year! ....... With zero negative effects to my eyes.

I don't know why you have such an irrational fear of LEDs. I don't know who told you they are dangerous. (Basically, I don't know who lied to you). But whoever it was, I know it sure as Hell wasn't an electrical engineer! This whole thing reminds me of when tomatoes first became plentiful in America. A couple of centuries ago, some idiot said they were poisonous..... And for a long time, otherwise intelligent people believed it.

But LEDs have already gotten into your home. You obviously have a computer. See that tiny light on your Hard drive? Wave hello to the LED on your comp. Don't worry, he's not going to get you.

Response to Live Earth = BS 2007-07-11 11:24:27

At 7/10/07 10:55 PM, AndersonCouncil wrote: All the bands played shitty anyway.

Kanye West does not approve...

Live Earth = BS

BBS Signature

Response to Live Earth = BS 2007-07-11 11:39:28

Evidence suggests that an Ice Age could be starting.

Glaciers such as Greenland are melting but these only account for 6% of the Global Ice Mass. The Antarctic however is thickening, this is worrying because it has been melting for the past 6,000 years.

Theres also the whole Water Salinity in the Gulf stream spewl that the Day After Tommorow went on about. If the Greenland Glacier melts it will cause a rush of freshwater into the Atlantic, this will damage the circulation of the Gulf Stream essentially closing it down and possibly other warming currents will seise to be as a result, causing frozen testicles the world over.

Live Earth was a nice idea, but really was a bit fucking stupid. All these rich cunts who live unbelievable jetsetting lifestyles telling the common man he is damaging the environment. It sticks in my throat like when Bono (a cunt who wears $100,000 sunglasses and sued his ex workers for stealing a pair of his trousers) preaching to the common man that he needs to stop being selfish and give to the poor.

Then theres the Kyoto push. If every nation in the world signed it it was have a staggering affect on global temperature rise. This effect is predicted to be about 0.004degrees celsius decrease in Global Temperature by around 2015.

On the other hand C02 content in the atmosphere is calculated to be higher than its ever been in the past 600,000 years. I'd imagine we would have something to do with that.

BBS Signature

Response to Live Earth = BS 2007-07-11 12:04:29

Come on people, just take a step back for one moment and take in the glory of the Live Earth PR machine for just one moment. This is all about power flow here. How did George Bush almost single handedly push the Executive branch into the most powerful position in America. The trend was moving that way anyways, but Bush accelerated the process by light years.

How did he do this? Through effective control of information to control popular majority. Selling the Iraq War? With the information provided by Bush and those he had surrounded himself (remember, by this time dissenters like Powell were silenced or cut out of the loop of Wolfowitz and Rumsfield) In just a few months he had gotten nearly 100% of congress to agree with his plans to gain control of the Middle East. All this was possible through maintaining his personal image, and giving the sense that everyone agreed with it. Congress and America handed the reigns of power to George Bush and gave him free range for 8 years to do practically whatever he wants.

Live Earth? No difference. The fine people at powerful lobbying organization such as the Sierra Club, know that to gain political power they need to spread limited information that can be easily condensed into internet, tv, and paper formats. By gaining the upper ground of having the sense of the majority on their side, they can then control the political process and have free range to pass whatever legislation they wish. This isn't about saving the planet, it's about controlling population. By setting up world wide events like this they can easily gain access to political process through backdoor and then eventually open methods.

There will be money involved in vast sums, but like Bush who mainly wanted to create American friendly stabalizing forces in the middle to off set the Iran's and OPEC controlled nations, the Environmental Movement merely wants to dictate the policies relating to the environment. Dissenting voices will be cut out of the loops or pushed aside.

Dissenting voices like Wade Fulp. The tiny...tiny voice of Wade Fulp. Fulp your Fucked.

Response to Live Earth = BS 2007-07-11 12:26:08

As for me, i reckon it would be cool to live in the period of climate change, rather then before it started or after it ended.

Response to Live Earth = BS 2007-07-11 12:43:57

New age hippies i say.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Live Earth = BS 2007-07-11 13:02:31

Oh snap, Live Earth just got owned.

You are a dickhead faggot with no life and deserve nothing better than having your throat ripped out and your dead body being raped. Have a nice day though.

BBS Signature

Response to Live Earth = BS 2007-07-11 13:10:05

At 7/9/07 03:58 PM, Craven-Dick wrote: Jesus there just trying to help the planet they live in.

Yeah, and causing the waste of resources while they're at it.

I dont have a signature, stop bugging me.

Response to Live Earth = BS 2007-07-11 13:47:23

At 7/11/07 12:26 PM, Lost wrote: As for me, i reckon it would be cool to live in the period of climate change, rather then before it started or after it ended.

If that one site is right, and we are about to enter an ice age, I'm glad my children and grand children will be gone before it gets to bad, hopefully. In 100-200 years from now we could see snow storms that would rival anything we've seen. Can you imagine if there was so much snow falling that during the summer months, it didn't all melt? That's pretty scary. :)

It makes sense though, if the oceans continue to warm, they will pump more moisture into the air, they will hold that heat through the winter months, but the land surfaces will still get cold and the moisture from the oceans will fall as snow over land.

I follow the weather pretty closely, I even pay for a premium account on accuweather.com. We have seen some impressive snow falls in recent years, some breaking records. Now we only have records going back about 100 years, so we don't know what was going on before that, at least not detailed records.

As the Earth warms we should see more and stronger hurricanes, storms, bigger snow storms etc. Might be a good time to invest in snow blower stock.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Live Earth = BS 2007-07-11 13:50:04

At 7/11/07 01:10 PM, UltraPulse wrote: Yeah, and causing the waste of resources while they're at it.

I think the point I was trying to make is these people waste more than we could ever conserve, but having these events, putting on concerts, etc. Basically they want us to conserve, to balance out their waste. Just like Al Gore claims to buy energy credits. He pays for others to conserve, so he can feel less guilty about wasting more, when he could buy energy credits, and conserve.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Live Earth = BS 2007-07-11 14:17:04

hey there wade -

nice site you got here..

back to the point , it's essential to realise that no man can change the world - unless he is influential enough..

if the different national governments allocate more spending to conserving the environment and research on eco - friendly substitutes...we have very much of a fighting chance.

no one - not you , me or anyone in NG has that kinda power for now..

revving up the masses for something like that is hard - and i guess that's what live earth tried to propogate..

i saw the concerts on tv..and i saw those short movies too..they made me think a little.maybe i will do something about it.

but for now let's try to consider every step in conserving the environment as a good one..

hopefully something good has come out of it..

Already Disturbed.

Response to Live Earth = BS 2007-08-02 13:53:06

At 7/9/07 05:15 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 7/9/07 05:09 PM, EcilaSrennah wrote: I think it's a brilliant idea to use them for street lights, but I mean that I'll never use them in my headlights or household. So many people think "Oh, replace all lights with LED!" and that makes me scared. :[ I like my vision, I don't want to slowly lose it because offices and stuff use LEDs. :'[
I'd really like to see you back up these claims. Do you have any credible articals you could link to about LED's damaging vision? Where have you heard this? Yes, green and blue LED's can be bad, but the new LED's are white, and they keep getting whiter. Also you're not considering the improvements made in LED's, and the future improvements that maybe made. Hopefully they will be able to develope LED's that put out full spectrum lighting, minus harmful UV, etc. At that point they should be fine for indoor use.

umm, aren't LEDs like flourescents in how they work? don't they "flash" on and off several times a second? i think flourescents go around 40 - 60 fps but im not sure about LEDs. mebbe they don't, but if they do, then they are bad for your eyesight -_-

(\__/)

(o .o)

(")_(") start a trend - list what song you're listening to when you post. Ha Ha Ha! Attention whoring.

BBS Signature

Response to Live Earth = BS 2007-08-02 14:05:43

They just want to seem nice by 'trying' to save our planet, therebuy making more money.

Response to Live Earth = BS 2007-08-02 14:08:05

Those guys are Idiots.

Response to Live Earth = BS 2007-08-02 14:09:17

At 8/2/07 02:05 PM, FallenMarine wrote: They just want to seem nice by 'trying' to save our planet, therebuy making more money.

just like the 9/11 conspiracy... or lack thereof.

(\__/)

(o .o)

(")_(") start a trend - list what song you're listening to when you post. Ha Ha Ha! Attention whoring.

BBS Signature

Response to Live Earth = BS 2007-09-05 20:30:27

At 7/10/07 11:05 AM, ButtFuckingChrist wrote: Well, I hate to sound like a prat here, but I went to the London concert, and I walked the 10 miles there with 3 friends, took all our own food, cleaned up after ourselves and walked back 7 miles, but by then we were tired as anything we called a taxi.

ah yes

that was a fun day

in a hippocrytical way

Check out ma music

NEW SONG: 'New Musick'

Feel free to use my music in ur flash, or make a request

Response to Live Earth = BS 2007-09-05 20:33:11

Yeah, I heard that the concert sucked

Response to Live Earth = BS 2007-09-05 20:38:26

At 7/9/07 03:56 PM, WadeFulp wrote:

:Think about it, for each concert they have, they may draw 30,000-70,000 people maybe more. How do all those people show up for their concerts? They DRIVE, take public transportation, etc.

You know, I've never thought of that. But it is true.

I'd love to hear from you. :3 | E-Mail: evansweeney@gmx.com | AIM: EvantheDeku | Oh dear, Dekuboy is back..

BBS Signature

Response to Live Earth = BS 2007-09-05 20:40:53

At 9/5/07 08:33 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: Yeah, I heard that the concert sucked

It was actually OK, the one in England was fucking awful...
Be glad you didn't see that!

the 'celebrities' didn't even hide the fucking helicopters...

Last.fm

Why the fuck did I like these forums again

CLICK SIGNATURE FOR DIFFERENT SONGS EACH WEEK

BBS Signature

Response to Live Earth = BS 2007-09-05 20:46:12

I'd usually agree with you, but they managed to convince Pink Floyd to play together for one last show so...

Who is John Galt?

astounding discovery!

BBS Signature