00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiToDaAra just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writers Club

131,241 Views | 2,267 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-11 09:14:47

I have lots of experience making storys for games, but not rpg games. It will be a challenge but I'm up to it. My aim is gunground and my msn is gunground@hotmail.com , send me a message!

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-11 12:10:46

At 11/10/08 08:48 PM, MADSOFT wrote: I'll send more details on the game once I get a writer.

I'd do it.

However, I have a habit of not being very punctual.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-11 14:20:49

so, hows everyone been?

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-11 14:27:03

At 7/6/07 03:30 AM, gunground wrote: How many years have you been writing:
How many flash story's you have written:
How many real life story's you have written:
And your name (optional):

1. 5

2. None, but would like to.

3. 7, plus school.

4. Alaster

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-11 14:40:27

I have a story called Realms and I'm not sure where I should go with it right now. It's about three demons who escape Hell come to our realm. If they arn't sent back our realm ends and Hell realm owns us. Where should I go from there?

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-11 15:55:19

you should sign up to campnorth.tv . Thats a site for writers which you might get alot of info about it

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-11 20:33:41

I'm still alive, and almost done with Chapter 4. I haven't been able to work on it much because of school. And I downloaded a bunch of emulators which are way too much fun for their own good. (Curse you, old games, curse you!!!)

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Proud Demon residing in the METAL HELL!

Lay down your soul for the god's rock n' roll!

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-11 20:49:51

I've been good..

I'm needing a flash artist though =/, I've got some stories written up perfect for Flash, but being a terrible artist it won't work so good with me making it =/

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-12 14:48:23

that problem is universal for all writers. Thats why I've started a collab combining flash authors, storywriters, etc etc to make flash. Any of you sound interested?

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-13 10:50:27

At 7/6/07 03:30 AM, gunground wrote: There are many writers with unnoticed talent out there, many who are under appreciated.
I say, NOT ANYMORE!
The writers crew is for writers all out there who want to express themselves and strut their stuff with fellow writers. Win some writing contests, make some friends, and maybe even conduct a deal with a flasher to start building your writing career. Sure you may not ever become a Stephen King or E.B. White, but at least you have something to look back one day and say "I remember the day when i became famous on newgrounds for a while".
The writers crew is great for both expert writers and beginners, where you can learn the advanced and basic stradegy for writing story's from examining and exchanging ideas with other writers.
Not to mention the fact that the best writers will be invited to the exclusive group called "two black books" (the name has nothing to do with the bible). This group will work together to form stories for exclusive flash producers with top quality talent (such as qui games and tom thorton).
To join the Writers club simply post
How many years have you been writing:
Now to be in the writers club you must obey a few rules...
#1. No flaming
#2. No multiple accounts (in other words only one of your accounts per person can join)
#3. Swearing is okay once in a while but it is frowned upon.
#4. No plaguarism, use only your work or you will be banned from writers club (its okay to research other peoples stuff to try to make your stuff a bit better but don't actually steal their ideas)
#5. Don't make your buddy a good story so he can win a contest.
#6. And lastly, you can talk off topic, but please try to keep to the writing subject.
For those who are wondering contest's are a challenge posted on the forum by me or someone who has permission from me. They will base off whoever can make the best story about the contest genre and theme. Winners will be invited to the "2 black books" group.
Anybody can apply for the group, however, it is not certain that you will be accepted. Winning a contest however will guarantee a spot in the "2 black books" group.
Lastly of all, i will assign the most trustworthy members of the clan "second in command" positions to take my place if for some apparent reason i wont be online for a while.

Now remember,To join the Writers club simply post
How many years have you been writing:

Happy writing!

P.S. to all those who are wondering, yes i have written a story. I have made 6 storys for games, wrote a story for a rpg, and am currently writing a story in real life.

mmmk
how many stories i have written for flashes: 0
I have been writing since i was 3, not on paper but my intense imagination was inteltilectually superior to children my age as said by my teachers growing up.
real life stories written: not only have i done alot of great stories ive desighned all of them complex characters! i havewritten over 5 short stories and 2 novels in progress!

im up for hire.
seriously, dudeofwar121 :)
long live newgrounds
by the way im also a very good dj known as Nova or WarPig, hence my name dudeof war, i prefer to be called nova, or will. warpig is emberrasing

the epic flash master that for some reason doesnt have flash...

aka. i am hillarious but i cannot animate so then ill write scripts/plots/etc for you

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-13 17:44:32

Can you guys gimmie a little help with something?

I've got a great idea for a not-so generic Zomie Apocalypse story, but I have hit a snag.

I can't think of a decent beginning.

Should I just jump right in to the story of the first character, or give a little first-person narrative first?

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-14 20:46:16

I really want feedback on anyone of these articles - http://peacefulhermit.blogspot.com/.

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-14 21:25:18

Hey guys, long time no see.
Thinking about writing a story now that I have privacy and internet access in my room.

happy page 69.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-15 14:28:31

MONKEY! I cannot tell you have happy I am to see you again. While you were gone so many things happened and the two black books productions is booming. Are you interesting in re-joining?

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-18 11:08:50

At 11/13/08 05:16 PM, Aci6 wrote:
At 11/8/08 11:46 PM, TheThing wrote:
At 11/7/08 09:48 AM, WritersBlock wrote: I'm attempting to write a novel.

Does anyone here have experience with writing a lengthy work of fiction?
Personally, you should work a lot on short stories and get feed back on those. Usually jumping right into a novel is not only hard, but a time waster if it isn't good.
Ach, I've attempted many times when I was young to write a novel, unsuccessfully too.
These days I love just writing small anecdotes, exerts and poems, I'm hoping to link them together and eventually have a compilation of it all.
Moving stuff too, its mostly dark shit.
Good luck with your novel though, just write and write even when you think you're writing shit- its why they invented editing on a computer.
Write ten pages a day until you are done- Stephen King.

The ideas are coming through steadily enough, but I haven't done much writing yet. On... page 2. But I think once I get past the first chapter, things should slot into place a lot easier. I've done a ton of "I should write more today" and not enough of "I've written a lot today", so maybe I should take that quote and tattoo it onto the insides of my eyelids and actually put my nose to the grindstone and start chiselling into it.
I too had plans to compile my stuff, but I read through some of it, and while I liked the content, I though the execution of the writing was nowhere near what I expected of myself.
I'm going to write a few more pages today, fingers crossed I can stick to King's words of wisdom.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-21 21:44:38

So has anyone here checked out campnorth.tv yet? The more people that I recruit to that site the more camper coins I get :D

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-21 23:35:41

At 11/13/08 05:44 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: Can you guys gimmie a little help with something?

I've got a great idea for a not-so generic Zomie Apocalypse story, but I have hit a snag.

I can't think of a decent beginning.

Should I just jump right in to the story of the first character, or give a little first-person narrative first?

It depends on when the story is beginning. If it starts after the initial outbreak (like 28 Days Later), then give a diary or journal entry about what's happened. I'd start it like the day after the initial outbreak, then go to the story that starts the week after or whatever. It doesn't even have to be from one of the characters.

If not, you should just go into the story.

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-22 16:38:01

I want to join

How many years have you been writing: on and off for 10 years but really started writing alot the past week
How many flash stories have you written: none but hope to have my next post made into a flash
How many real life stories have you written: At least 30 or 40 mostly short ones
And your name(optional): its my fursona's name, Sakonay

\__/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into

(O.o ) your signature or comment to help him

(> < ) on his way to world domination

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-22 21:08:47

My name is Calin Watson, and I've had a passion for writing since I was seven or eight. I'm fourteen now, so I suppose that would make it six or seven years. I've never written anything for flash, but I have written stories.

My main issue in writing is knowing how to put my ideas down on paper, and just by browsing some of these pages I've picked up a ton of useful tips. Could I please join? This is probably the most useful thread Newgrounds has ever seen.

Gamertag: VI-Chuckles-IV || Gamerscore: 6,000 || Zone: Recreation

I love you guys.

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-23 10:18:21

How long have I been writing: 2 months... give or take.
How many flash stories have you written: 0
How many real life stories have you written: 1
Name: Wendel

So....
Hey everybody. I was just browsing through all of the forums, when suddenly...

I CHANCED UPON THIS GEM! Here's a glimpse of that one story I have written. Enjoy!

(P.S Story's called Mad Men btw)

*BANG*

Carter fired his weapon at the horde of undead in front of him. "How did this street get so crowded so fast?". He hammered the trigger with all his might, until he heard a disheartening click. "Damn...last clip, too." he murmered. He took a quick glance at the nearest corpse, a mutilated form of what may have been...a police officer? He couldn't tell for sure, for the remains of those it had devoured had formed an elaborate cloak of sorts around itself. "Like the royalty of the damned," Carter thought, "and I'd kill myself before I joined their ranks.".

Carter through his weapon at it, hitting it square on the nose. The zombie fell backwards, and a satisfying crunch ensued. Carter smirked. Maybe he should have joined a professional baseball team. He knew he had the pitching arm for it... A rotting hand on his shoulder reminded him of his situation at the moment, but a hard kick to the chest sent the hand and it's owner tumbling into the rest of his kind. " I need breathing room, and I need it now." Carter looked around, taking in his surrounding's. "Okay, lets see... zombies...more zombies... AH HAH!". Down the street, probably only 60 yards away was an aging three story house, the only one on the block not demolished. He measured the odds of him making it without a bite. After all, the only thing that stood between him and the house was a legion of undead. "Enough thinking for now. Time to act."

He aligned himself so that he was pointing directly at the house. He pushed his foot agaisnt the ground for all he was worth, gaining as much momentum as he could. The first thing he hit was a man whose face looked as if it had caved in to itself. He thought he could see maggots crawling through the remnants of the man's brain, and, pushing this thought from his mind, barreled through the rest of the undead. He through anything in his way into the rest of the zombies, all the while trying to stay in his feet. He couldn't trip, or slow down, or else it would all be over. He could feel his temples throbbing, his heart beating in his ears drowing out everything else. He felt as though his lungs would explode, and just when he thought he was going to fall to the ground, he broke through the last wall of undead. He ran with renewed vigor, adrenaline pumping through his veins. He cleared the distance left between him and his salvation, and leapt to the top stair. He reached the door, twisted the knob, and pulled...to no avail. It was locked. And when he tried to ram it down with brute force, his failure told him it was boarded as well. "Get, or I'll start shootin! And if I hear some moanin', I'm gonna tear this door down and beat ya back to hell with my own two hands!" a burly voice said from behind the door.

Carter thought about asking again, but reasoned it would only get him into more trouble than he was in already. He stepped back and started looking for another entry point. That's when he noticed the gap the undead had closed since he had turned his thoughts to getting into the house. "Shit...". Carter shot a look to his left and right. He grinned when he saw an unboarded window to the far left side of the house. He ran over, and taking a few steps back, launched himself at the window. With a splintering crash, he landed in a sea of glass. His entire body was bleeding, yes, but at leats he could rest for a moment. He rose slowly, and looked up...to the rather large shotgun barrel staring him in the face. "Boy, you just made the worst mistake fo your life."

Sorry for the length of it. I was on a writing spree at the time. Comments are appreciated :p

Sig courtesy of QuikFox

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-23 11:30:56

Hello, names Chandel(it's my surname at least), I don't know if I can join because writing isn't my top interest. But I sometimes scribble up some poor excuse for a vignette here or there. I just want to ask the real writers, How bad is my writing?

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-23 12:01:20

I like to write sometimes. I'm pretty creative and I try to use big words. Also, my stories can be pretty lengthy. If anyone has some time to blow, stop by my userpage (entry before my current one) and read by story about a hipster octopus, Jay. I got an A for it in school and it was named very adventerous and unique.

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-23 14:55:47

Here is part of a story im writing, I plan putting more of it on my page so check it out sometime

Two armes are standing across from each other on an empty field. One army is composed of men, women, and even a few children, allof them frightened at the opposing army. Before them were thousands of wolves of many different breeds and colors, snarling and howling at the humans. When it finally seemed the humans would turn and run one human rushed towards the wolves. She was a young woman, about nineteen or twenty, she had long blonde hair that flowed behind her as she ran, she also wore a suit of black leather armor and had a sword belted to her side and strapped to her back. As she was halfway across the expanse between the two armies a wolf ran towards her. His fur blue-black and across his left eye was a scar that stretched down his face. When they met they embraced each other, the humans and wolves looked on at this shocking sight. How could a human fall in love with a wolf, the one thing mankind has hunted since they were created. A small howl echoed across the field and a young boy ran out to them. It looked like a dark-skinned boy but as he got closer it became clear that this was no human boy, it was part wolf and part human. It ran to it parentsand stood by them. All three of them stood there looking around them at the humans and wolves. Suddenly, a man and a woman walked over to them. The wolf bared his teeth and snarled at the two of them, but they never flinched. The two of them started to talk to their daughter about how her son was an abomination and should not live. The man drew his sword and was about to attack the wolf-boy, but the wolf lunged at him at bit his arm. The man flung the wolf and pushed his daughter out of the way, the wolf-boy stood there unafraid even as the man raised the sword. He brought it down but did not strike the boy, he struck his daughter. As she fell something strange happened, the boy began to age until he looked as if he was seventeen. The man attacked the boy again, but the boy moved out of the way and then picked up the man by his throat. He then ripped out the man's throat, the woman screamed and run but he quickly caught up with her and broke her neck. He stood over her looking around him, the wolves and humans looking in horror at what he had done. He then looked at his father who was standing over his mother. He then began to cry and then howled and ran into the nearby woods. The boy stayed in those woods for many years, avoiding every living thing. When he was close to death he was visited by a golden she-wolf, a soft light seemed to emanate from her. When she spoke it was like the wind blowing through the trees and like a thousand brooks trickling over the rocks. She spoke to him about how her masters, the gods, had shown him mercy and said they would allow him to be reborn again and again so that he could forget that terrible day and they would also make him blind so he could never see the world that shunned him. So he died that day with a smile on his face.

\__/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into

(O.o ) your signature or comment to help him

(> < ) on his way to world domination

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-23 15:10:01

At 11/21/08 11:35 PM, TheThing wrote: It depends on when the story is beginning. If it starts after the initial outbreak (like 28 Days Later), then give a diary or journal entry about what's happened. I'd start it like the day after the initial outbreak, then go to the story that starts the week after or whatever. It doesn't even have to be from one of the characters.

That actually sounds pretty good.

I think I'll do something a little akin to that diary of the scientist that you find in the wardrobe in the first Resident Evil.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-25 20:14:51

Holy Crap!!! A lot of new people have joined, and most of them correctly this time!!! Wow.

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Proud Demon residing in the METAL HELL!

Lay down your soul for the god's rock n' roll!

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-26 00:29:25

How many years have you been writing: I don't know.
How many flash story's you have written: None.
How many real life story's you have written: I don't know

I don't know how good at writing I am, nor do I so much care. I've come here to get better at writing and maybe write more. I can add this place to my sig... I guess, I don't post much anyway. -_- Here's a link to a story I wrote in the last chaos creative writing forum: (Note- this is a game, you don't have to click the link, you don't have to play the game, and I am not advertising it, simply proving I have written SOMETHING). http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.p hp?t=169517
I don't care how "mean" you sound criticizing any story or writing work I have or will make, I only ask that your productive and you actually give me something to work with.

Derp.

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-26 12:30:25

So besides improving on our literary skills, what else is there to do? By the way, when's the next contest? :)

Sig courtesy of QuikFox

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-27 02:38:01

At 11/26/08 12:30 PM, Yumaseven wrote: So besides improving on our literary skills, what else is there to do? By the way, when's the next contest? :)

I would assume that we could provide links to char generators or the like, share past writing works, things similar to that, of course I'm assuming and can be completely wrong.

Derp.

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-27 11:08:29

We need people to post some more stories. I'm getting bored of my own stuff...

Sig courtesy of QuikFox

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2008-11-27 16:50:38

At 11/27/08 11:08 AM, Yumaseven wrote: We need people to post some more stories. I'm getting bored of my own stuff...

Have any suggestions on what type of story? I might try to write one in my spare time.

Derp.