00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kazukino55 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,521,991 Views | 29,937 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-01-31 14:33:31

Don't really see Rey winning the belt here, especially because you have the Chamber PPV next month to pull the belt off of Taker should they want to do that (and it seems to me they still aren't entirely sold on doing Michaels/Taker 2). The great thing right now is WWE has a lot of things they could do tonight and it's really a coin toss as to how it's going to go.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-01-31 21:59:46

***SPOILER ALERT****

Chyna's records been broken, Beth Phoenix is in the Royal Rumble...

... AND SHE ELIMINATED GREAT KHALI!!!

My deviantART page | My Youtube page (It got terminated)

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-01-31 22:20:01

MICHAELS ELIMINATES HHH!!!!!!!!

NOW THERES SOME ACTUAL HOPE TO HBK WINNING!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-01-31 22:46:24

Edge wins

I..kinda like that

Asdf

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-01-31 23:08:59

If there was anyone else besides HBK.. I'm glad edge won
he's pretty much the only main eventer that has yet win the rumble.. this year seemed to be the right time to do it

I loved Punk preaching to the crowd and trying to recruit them, I even loved the fact that Beth Phoenix eliminated Khali then beat the shit outta Punk. A lot of stuff I was surprised about.. The Miz, Ziggler (who i was gonna predict to be the #1 entrant but didnt coz he wasn't confirmed until the match), Hardy, Jericho, Shelton Benjamin and others really didn't last very long which was upsetting

But all in all, Pretty good rumble this year.. waaay better than last years
But where does leave the Edge/Jericho fued?.. will they give Jericho the title? i dunno hopefully it all falls into place very soon

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-01-31 23:09:59

Certainly an odd Rumble in my mind. I don't like how the younger guys were treated mostly like canon fodder and it scares me for the future of this match going forward if this is what we'll be treated to without Pat Patterson booking it.

I like what I was reading about what they were doing with Punk at the beginning of it but thought it was a bad idea not to have him last longer. I like that they continue to keep Michaels vs. H a possibility. Edge winning is one of those things that as an Edge fan I dig on the one hand, but concerns me on the other. He had REALLY better be healed up to be put in such a huge position because if he isn't...it's not going to go well for anybody. This also sets up a very interesting road to Wrestlemania as it seemed a lock we'd get Edge vs. Jericho but I really don't see the strap going to him.

Nothing else really changed on this show beyond that and that's a shame, but it's indicative of why people just don't buy the shows anymore. If you aren't guaranteed something of real merit and worth is going to happen, then what is the point? Especially with the purchase price going up. I think RAW will be interesting tomorrow, Smackdown! on Friday as well. There are a couple subplots from the show I hope don't get dropped, but considering that some of them involve players like Legacy, it's just as likely it'll be swept under the rug, or wrapped up very quickly to "status quo" quickly enough.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-02-01 07:15:21

At 1/31/10 09:59 PM, Random-Her03 wrote: ***SPOILER ALERT****

Girls are epic.

If anyone wants to talk about WWE conspiricies(Jesse Ventura's show stuck), talk about it with the Conspiracy Master(ME! Woo). I'm just bored, and there's no new embarassing CM Punk stuff.

Hi, I'm a teenager who draws. Call me Wocky.

My deviantArt | My Tumblr | My Pixiv

----

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-02-01 19:02:46

At 1/31/10 09:59 PM, Random-Her03 wrote: ***SPOILER ALERT****

O_O

So they finally let her have a go against the guys for once........I was wondering how long it'd take. But eliminating KHALI!? Geez.

At 1/31/10 10:46 PM, Chiklay4 wrote: Edge wins

I..kinda like that

I knew he'd be in there. But not to WIN, though. Maybe Jericho somehow gets the title before Wrestlemania - that's the only way this makes a lick of sense.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-02-01 21:25:18

At 2/1/10 07:15 AM, MaraquanWocky wrote: If anyone wants to talk about WWE conspiricies(Jesse Ventura's show stuck), talk about it with the Conspiracy Master(ME! Woo). I'm just bored, and there's no new embarassing CM Punk stuff.

It's going to be so fun when he and Luke beat DX for those tag belts and he'll be on both shows :). That's going to be epic for me :)

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-02-01 21:37:44

OMG EDGE IS BACK HOLY CRAP YAY
Sorry gotta go to bed bye

----

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-02-02 00:30:18

Seeing the Rumble live was....Awesome! The crowd was really into it, from the bonus diva match at the beginning to the main event. There were some suprising reactions though. for starters they were booing MVP. Miz still got massive heat but MVP was not well liked either which I thought was a bit strange. Orton was clearly favored in his match and it was funny when the crowd was chanting for him to RKO Cody. There were also a lot of people wearing anti-Cena shirts like the one Miz had during his ill-fated fued with him.

Taker/Rey was a tad short but a very fun match. And when Edge came back people went nuts and went even crazier when he eliminated Cena. They also gave Edge a standing ovation for about 5 min after he came back to the ring after the PPV went off the air. It was a god moment and I think it really meant something to him to get such a strong reaction to his return.

WM 27 at the Ga Dome... Holy Crap! I hope I can get tickets. I have no idea when they go on sale though... Crap!

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-02-02 16:18:24

Probably Edge will challenge Sheamus on Wrestlemania.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-02-03 13:57:03

So they are finally dropping the ECW letters. I guess they will have to either get rid of the belt or replace it with something else. I say they sould retire the ECW title itself and start a new championship and have a fresh start with it. I think the new brand will be called NXT or something along those lines.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-02-03 14:28:41

At 2/3/10 01:57 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: So they are finally dropping the ECW letters. I guess they will have to either get rid of the belt or replace it with something else. I say they sould retire the ECW title itself and start a new championship and have a fresh start with it. I think the new brand will be called NXT or something along those lines.

I'm glad the letters are being dropped but what a piss poor way to send it off. A quick 2 minute announcement, no thanks or praise to the original guys who built the name and made it a success out of the gate (before WWE dismantled it and lowered it to the point it's at now). I get WWE is dropping the letters and changing it up because they FAILED with it (yes Vince, you are capable of such a thing). But it would have been nice to send the brand off with something better then the equivalent of when the nWo was killed off.

Also apparently there's a scottish promotion called NXT which stands for "NXT Generation" same as WWE's proposed show and trademark registration. Could WWE be headed to court over this? It'd certainly be funny.

It's going to be interesting to see how it breaks down, I imagine the ECW title does get retired (if you think there will be some sort of ceremony or something, well, I used to have dreams to). My big question is what happens to guys like Christian or Goldust who are clearly veterans and not next generation stars. Will they be moved to RAW or Smackdown!? Will they get released (I'd say Christian would be a lock to be moved elsewhere, guys like Goldust though should rent and not buy)? Are they simply going to be left on the show and it's going to be basically ECW but with a different name and more advertising on it?

The impression I got when this was originally breaking back in November was they were leaning towards a show that was completely new guys from developmental and what not on it. There are some veterans in FCW that have never debuted on WWE TV yet (so it'd be like the NBC concept of years back when they presented re-runs as "new to you" because you might not have seen them when they first aired. Hey, no disrespect to any of the folks in developmental like Low Ki or Brian Danielson intended, both great workers and this could be the chance they've been waiting for to get on a national program and turn heads), and if WWE wants to keep established names off this show and take the risks inherent in that they need to slip those guys into the mix within the first round they bring up. But most importantly they have to make this show matter and convince the audience that this is a show they need to pay attention to.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-02-05 10:22:21

One could hope for a nice sendoff to the ECW belt. I doubt it will happen but it would be nice.

I wonder if Edge and Jericho pick up their fued tonight andif Viki will get involved somehow. Man am I glad Edge is back. The ME just wasn't the same without him. Also since Batista got involved with Vince and Bret on Raw, what will his reward be? Maybe Vince has granted him a title shot or something.

Either way, SD will be good tonight.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-02-05 20:45:01

At 2/5/10 10:22 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: One could hope for a nice sendoff to the ECW belt. I doubt it will happen but it would be nice.

From what I understand it's not as cut and dried as folks might think. It's still very much a developing situation, as is the NXT show which I really think WWE is taking in the right direction if what I'm hearing is confirmed to be the case.

I wonder if Edge and Jericho pick up their fued tonight andif Viki will get involved somehow. Man am I glad Edge is back. The ME just wasn't the same without him. Also since Batista got involved with Vince and Bret on Raw, what will his reward be? Maybe Vince has granted him a title shot or something.

I think it's a no brainer for those two to have some sort of interaction, and Vicki to get involved with it as well. There are some really good things percolating on SD right now. As far as what Batista is getting? Certainly an interesting question, obviously not a title match on the PPV, but perhaps a slot in the Elimination Chamber? Or a title shot for later? We'll see, but it seems to me Batista/Cena 2 with Bret and Vince as corner men is the logical Mania matchup for both men.

Either way, SD will be good tonight.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-02-05 20:53:48

Oh...my...God.
CM Punk got his...*shudder*...nipples...pierced. That...really scares me. Was he drunk when he did that?
Conspiracy!!!
I'm just really bored today.

----

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-02-06 02:23:07

Interesting development with Batista. Maybe he might steal a slot? I'm pretty stoked for the Smackdown chamber. Good balance of younger stars with the veterans. I'm think Jericho wins it, so his feud with Edge will work out. I'm excited to see Morrison and Punk in their first chamber match as well.

So are the going to scramble the rosters around a little bit for the new show? Are they vacated the ECW title and making a NXT title? What does NXT even stand for? So many damn questions.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-02-06 11:34:11

At 2/5/10 08:53 PM, MaraquanWocky wrote: Oh...my...God.
CM Punk got his...*shudder*...nipples...pierced. That...really scares me. Was he drunk when he did that?
Conspiracy!!!
I'm just really bored today.

Why were you even looking at his nipple? Is there something you aren't telling us? :P

A Jericho win at the chamber would be a perfect fit for a WM match between him and Edge. Taker could move on to a program with HBK or Batista. My guess as to why Batista didn't even bother to enter the chamber match is that Vince must have given him a title shot. Maybe he gets the first match at whoever wins the chamber or something. It also looks like he will be fueding with Cena too.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-02-06 12:28:19

At 2/6/10 06:56 AM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote:
NXT is meant to stand for NeXT Generation apparently. So basically the ECW Championship seems to be about to retire with Christian which is fine.
*secretly hopes that Zack Ryder wins the title off Christian and becomes the inaugural NXT Champion however, as Christian can hardly be considered 'Next Generation'*

I thought that what they were getting at first, but in the ads they pronounce it N-X-T so I thought it stood for something. I'm hoping that there will be some small roster changes with the arrival of the new brand, so Christian can move up to another show, which works since, like you said, he isn't really the next generation. I just hope he gets a better treatment than R-Truth on whatever show he is moved to. (preferably SD! to make it all the better) I don't think he needs too much build to get into the main even scene.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-02-06 18:27:32

At 2/6/10 11:34 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: Why were you even looking at his nipple? Is there something you aren't telling us? :P

<_<
>_>
I saw something shiny. And it just happened to be on his nipple.

----

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-02-06 23:48:38

I think Maraquan has a secret crush on Punk, I truly do :p

As far as next...um...I can't outright tell you what I heard it could be. But I can hint right? Ok, I'll hint.

It's like a certain show WWE used to run on MTV and like a certain show UFC runs on Spike. The two shows have a lot in common. There we go, that shouldn't be too hard to figure out now...

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-02-07 10:17:46

At 2/6/10 06:27 PM, MaraquanWocky wrote:
At 2/6/10 11:34 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: Why were you even looking at his nipple? Is there something you aren't telling us? :P
<_<
>_>
I saw something shiny. And it just happened to be on his nipple.

What is wrong with having your nipple pierced? Why would he have to be drunk?

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-02-07 17:28:09

I FINALLY watched a taped episode of RAW ON SCHEDULE for a change. (I deleted a bunch of older ones since they were outdated.) Shatner did a good enough job, but I especially lol'ed at his Superstar Theme renditions. :P (And Trips' reaction was pretty funny.)

This Hart vs. McMahon feud is going to end up quite the spectacle. But when is The Hart Dynasty going to get involved? Do they suddenly not care now?

Show and.........Miz? I thought Show HATED him...... Hm, must be desperate. I expect to see more regarding the accident over the ref on tomorrow's show. Maybe not a full-blown feud with Kofi, but possibly a rematch.

I don't expect Edge to be a complete face - he still has too much heel in him to be anything beyond a tweener. Either way, he's still great on the mic, as proven on SD.

In speaking of that, the only reason I can see why Batista would give up his slot is if, like Outlaw said, Vinny guaranteed him a title shot or something. Otherwise, it's really stupid.

I'm quite happy with the Chamber rosters on both sides, much like the rest of you are; more younger stars get a remotely nice push just by being in there. I'm actually a tad shocked DiBiase got in - even moreso that he pinned MARK HENRY, of all people. Granted, Henry's jobbed a few times, but usually in matches where he's up against more than one person. And jobbing to Ted......they must really want DiBiase vs. Orton for WM (as I expect him to pin Orton in the Chamber). R-Truth needs this kind of a push, given that he's majorly over with the fans.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-02-07 17:46:01

Yeah, with how hell bent Dave has been on getting the title (it being the reason he turned heel in the first place), they'd better have a good reason for him not trying to enter the Chamber.

They could say that Vince promised him a shot if he destroys Bret (and beats Cena at mania or something), and that way he gets to have a one on one match with someone, rather than in such a "career ending match" against 5 people.

Saying that, Batista's meant to be a monster, so unless they make him a chickenshit corporate sellout, I dunno if it'd be believable he'd be scared. Whatever.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-02-08 11:38:04

At 4/18/03 07:25 PM, MrTrivia wrote: It sucks how the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) sued the World Wrestling Federation (also WWF) for the right to use the abbreviation WWF. A simpler solution would be to put a panda (World Wildlife Fund's mascot) in spandex and let it maul people. I, for one, would actually pay to see that.

Yeah, think of all the things that stand for TLC. The TV channel, Tables Ladders and Chars matches, Tender Love and Care, also a TLC snackbar. It's ridiculous.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road and not have their motives questioned.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-02-08 11:39:10

At 1/31/10 10:20 PM, Random-Her03 wrote: MICHAELS ELIMINATES HHH!!!!!!!!

NOW THERES SOME ACTUAL HOPE TO HBK WINNING!!

Yeah. I really wanted him to win. But they had to let Edge win. It was stoopid.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road and not have their motives questioned.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-02-08 14:41:53

At 2/6/10 11:48 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
It's like a certain show WWE used to run on MTV and like a certain show UFC runs on Spike. The two shows have a lot in common. There we go, that shouldn't be too hard to figure out now...

Remember when Sunday Night Heat was on MTV? Too bad I know that isn't what you meant. I'm not as interested in it now.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-02-08 19:16:27

At 2/6/10 11:48 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: I think Maraquan has a secret crush on Punk, I truly do :p

No!!
...maybe...
Yes. :'(

If WWE buying UFC...? I don't understand...

At 2/7/10 10:17 AM, Shaun wrote: What is wrong with having your nipple pierced? Why would he have to be drunk?

Well, I'd have to be drunk anyway. -_-
It's just weird for him to...you know what? It isn't weird at all. AT ALL. La de dah! The guy who's tryin' to look like Jesus got his nipples peirced! That isn't strange at all, is it? IS IT?!
Now do you know what I mean?
Oh yeah. Also. Punk isn't just annoying. He scares me. He stares at the bald lady. And Luke Gallows grabbed Punk's butt last week. *shudder*
P.S. Never say "CM Punk" and "butt" in the same sentence.

----

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-02-08 22:54:57

just saw Santino Marella's new t-shirt.. oh my god i have to have it!

anyways I hear that when ECW ends every ECW wrestler is going to be split up to either RAW or Smackdown
here's what I reckon should be done

RAW
Abraham Washington
Ezekiel Jackson
Gregory Helms/Hurricane
Rosa Mendes
Tony Atlas
Vladamir Kozlov
William Regal
Vance Archer
Zack Ryder

Smackdown
Caylen Croft
Christian
Goldust
Savanna
Shelton Benjamin
Tiffany
Trent Baretta
Yoshi Tatsu

BBS Signature