00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zfey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Thread: Wips & Discussion

47,675 Views | 606 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-28 20:08:32

At 11/28/06 07:56 PM, KupaMan wrote: but I'll just leave them and do another entry.

haha tits.

Be sure to put some of that blood in your next one, its the thing I like the most about your drawing. You nailed that blood texture and color.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-28 20:37:15

At 11/28/06 08:07 PM, Cereal wrote:
At 11/28/06 07:56 PM, KupaMan wrote: Yeah, I know. But now you're just double-teaming me. My ass is already sore from Pox's Maple cock.
I thought you could handle cock like a pro, atleast mind chamber didn't do this to you

dude.. you're one sick fucker.

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-28 21:35:53

POX your drawing made me wet myself...and its not even colored...

Thats the one I'm lookin' forward to so far!

Mine's comin' soon...

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-28 21:46:03

Dental Care Girl. Feedback please.

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-28 22:06:07

At 11/28/06 09:46 PM, TelaFerrum wrote: Dental Care Girl. Feedback please.

Something looks strangely peculiar with her left leg.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-28 22:44:05

TimFrommeyer is the good aye.
BoMToons is also good.
gotta <3 art contests.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-28 23:20:14

Extreme Competition which means I don't even have a chance of winning I'll think about it.

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-28 23:53:44

Would you say my dental health girl has a chance of winning? I'd like a T-shirt, don't need top five. And I could brag to my friends that I'm a good artist or something.

I've been told by my friend to wait a bit before I submit this as a final drawing. Yeah, the foot looks a bit funny to me too. I guess I should fix that. I shaded it using three different shades this time and did it slowly instead of rushing it and it still doesn't look as good as some of those other submissions. At least I'll get better with practice.

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-29 01:12:39

Deadspread83 is already a shoe in. Awesome pic.

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-29 01:31:41

This is in reply to the following question:

:Is it possible to use arrows longer than the height of the bow?

Yes, but keep in mind that when you increase the mass of the arrow, you generally want to increase the length of the arrow so it will fly straight (have enough drag at the tail), and pretty much the lighter the arrow, the farther it will go (easier acceleration). Of course, there has to be some momentum (mass as well as velocity) in order to provide a killer strike (not to mention a guard against wind resistance), so instead of decreasing your weight too much (where's the coolness in that?) you either have to increase the stiffness of the bow, or the length of the bow (as a greater length will give you more room to pull back, and consequently more distance to accelerate). But we've already ruled out the option of increasing the bow length, so that just leaves us with stuffness. So, if the bow is made from some really stiff material (high spring constant), and your chick is super strong, and the arrow itself is pretty stiff (you don't want it wobbling on the release) and properly balanced, yeah, I suppose you could have an arrow longer than the bow (as for the question of whether it will tip down when you release it because of too much weight forward of the fulcrum, this doesn't happen too much because the arrow actually clips onto the bowstring, and you usually tip it upward a bit anyway, and arrows are usually designed to be balanced correctly).

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-29 01:36:45

*Slaps forehead* I forgot all about compound bow structures! In that case, it makes it much easier to have a shorter bow with the same amount of power.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-29 03:34:27

At 11/29/06 01:12 AM, KupaMan wrote: Deadspread83 is already a shoe in. Awesome pic.

I agree. It's funny, has layered meaning, and is well rendered. Great stuff DeadSpread. Though I'm not sure how "little" she is.

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-29 03:42:41

All I gotta do now is add in a kick-arse, explosion filled background… dynamic lighting… and some flying debris… maybe fix it up here and there.

"Such is life..."

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-29 05:34:02

I might actually enter this one. Too bad my Wacom just got fucked up but I'm just as good, if not better, on paper as I am on my Wacom. I think I'll do something involving a melee weapon and this would be a good chance to test my skills on drawing women.
Though it seems like half the people who posted in the picture thread actually understood the rules and tried...

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-29 08:18:22

anyone like my little lulu one ?

"He Who Devours Your Entrails & Enjoys It" : Lobo

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-29 10:27:32

Veg, you posted in the wrong thread... but..

At 11/29/06 10:11 AM, Vegeton wrote:
At 11/28/06 10:27 PM, killa9512 wrote: did take that long lol
I don't want to throw around accusations, by why does that image seem so familiar? I could swear is was an image of one of those old "desktop buddies" that'd talk to you on your desktop and go through different animations every once and awhile. If I'm mistaken then I'm sorry.

You're right.
http://virtualgirls.utopiax.org/kahli.html

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-29 10:27:45

At 11/29/06 03:42 AM, EkkieBurt wrote: All I gotta do now is add in a kick-arse, explosion filled background… dynamic lighting… and some flying debris… maybe fix it up here and there.

Haha that looks quality. Is that thing in her hand supposed to be on fire? Make that a little mroe obvious. I really like that it reminds of some sort of nostalgic Disney movie. Get crackin' Bert McCrackin.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-29 11:25:35

At 11/29/06 10:27 AM, Chromius wrote: Veg, you posted in the wrong thread... but..

At 11/29/06 10:11 AM, Vegeton wrote:
At 11/28/06 10:27 PM, killa9512 wrote: did take that long lol

You're right.

thanks for the heads up.. I knew it didnt look legit, but was too busy to look for proof.

PS. Stolen or copyrighted material posted in an offical contest that offer monetary prizes is called stealing , and will get you a ban.

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-29 12:04:53

At 11/29/06 11:25 AM, MindChamber wrote:
At 11/29/06 10:27 AM, Chromius wrote:
You're right.
thanks for the heads up.. I knew it didnt look legit, but was too busy to look for proof.
PS. Stolen or copyrighted material posted in an offical contest that offer monetary prizes is called stealing , and will get you a ban.

Yeah i posted in the wrong thread too. Sorry about that. I knew it was stolen. He had no other art at all, no flash and suddenly produces that. Also it's a picture of Honey Ryder from Dr no and he didnt mention it, which i found suspicious. couldnt find the original though. Good job finding it Chromius.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-29 13:21:22

Pox, I found your new favorite pic:

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-29 14:38:56

I put my best entry in so far last night. The One of the girl in the dark blasting away the hidden foes. :-D i like it alot and i had alot of fun doing it.

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-29 16:25:15

cereal is starting to like this thread

cereal uses the ultimate wepon

I hope my sig dosen't come out distorted

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-29 16:44:22

At 11/29/06 01:21 PM, BoMToons wrote: Pox, I found your new favorite pic:

:p
Maybe she's just really really strong.

linework in flash is sooooo long to make x_x I'm beggining to think it was a waste of time. And Flash sucks ass at making pronunced curves. I probably don't know what I'm doing :p

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-29 16:55:37

Is this competition strictly drawing? I'm thinking about maybe doing a photograph/digi art, and getting my friends sister to pose with a knife or something. I've done a few sketches but each time I keep thinking "This would look great as a photo!".

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-29 16:58:21

At 11/29/06 04:55 PM, Zach wrote: Is this competition strictly drawing? I'm thinking about maybe doing a photograph/digi art, and getting my friends sister to pose with a knife or something. I've done a few sketches but each time I keep thinking "This would look great as a photo!".

Carmilla on page two Poster her daughter photo shopped as a pimp, so I don't see why not, although it would be a cheap win to beat someone who worked hard to draw one :(

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-29 17:02:31

At 11/29/06 04:58 PM, Cereal wrote:
Carmilla on page two Poster her daughter photo shopped as a pimp, so I don't see why not, although it would be a cheap win to beat someone who worked hard to draw one :(

Errrm. Im pretty sure zach is capable of making a high quality photo+edit. It would not be 'cheap'

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-29 17:09:11

What I have so far more or less the line art currently fixing it and colouring it.

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-29 17:09:46

At 11/29/06 05:02 PM, fuzz wrote:
Errrm. Im pretty sure zach is capable of making a high quality photo+edit. It would not be 'cheap'

I didn't call his skills cheap, I said it would be a cheap win , opposed to working hard drawing everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-29 17:41:31

At 11/29/06 05:09 PM, Cereal wrote:
At 11/29/06 05:02 PM, fuzz wrote:

Hehe, cheers man :)

I didn't call his skills cheap, I said it would be a cheap win , opposed to working hard drawing everything.

I understand what you mean, but I can guarantee you I will be putting a good amount of time into this. It isn't just "hold this knife, look at the camera" and then upload it, I wouldn't be working hard doing a drawing, I'd be working hard taking the right photographs, with the right props, people, setting, making the right manipulations, then probably working into the image with some traditional media, so I would end up putting the same amount of work into it as most of the drawings being submitted.

I just want to know if this kind of entry is okay, as the art forum seems to be mainly drawing.

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-11-29 18:44:48

Here is what I got so far… I still need to do some work on the color and add a background…What do you guys think is it good enough to win a t-shirt or should I do another?

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/43876669/ ?qo=2&q=by%3Aattempted&qh=boost%3Apopular+-in %3Ascraps

Like me on the FaceBook :D