00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Snootsnoo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Public Apology to Newgrounds.

10,512 Views | 163 Replies

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 15:20:19

At 11/15/06 03:18 PM, windows-XP wrote:
At 11/15/06 02:24 PM, MickTheChampion wrote: Who the fuck are you?
he is an amazing flash maker you NOOB

Lol. Irony never ceases to crack me up.

BBS Signature

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 15:23:41

At 11/15/06 03:20 PM, RedCoin wrote:

WTF is that ment to meen

i love bees

BBS Signature

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 15:23:46

So, you're apologizing because you said you had outgrown NG on your DeviantART page?

wha?

Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.

-Ambrose Bierce

"This sig, is fucking cool."

BBS Signature

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 15:24:22

You're the problem.

Why?

That's right, you're the typical 12 year old fan of LegendaryFrog and if you read this I'm certain you'll just say ''stfu''.

You barely were here and I think you're an idiot. Grats.

And just like that....he was gone...

BBS Signature

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 15:26:12

At 11/15/06 03:11 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
People don't understand the term overrated. Basically anything that someone doesn't like, they will call it overrated.

I've noticed this before.
It really is fucking annoying isn't it?
People are arrogant enough to think that they are the best representation of everyone's opinion, and that everyone else is wrong.

Overrated can only describe a few things, if it can actually justifiable describe anything at all.

I hardly ever come here anymore....

BBS Signature

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 15:26:35

At 11/15/06 03:23 PM, windows-XP wrote:
At 11/15/06 03:20 PM, RedCoin wrote:
WTF is that ment to meen

It means you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 15:27:48

At 11/15/06 03:26 PM, DanAbnormal wrote

cheers m8

i love bees

BBS Signature

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 15:29:58

At 11/15/06 03:27 PM, windows-XP wrote: At 11/15/06 03:26 PM, DanAbnormal wrote
cheers m8

My faith in people will decrease if you're not an alt that's here to annoy me.

BBS Signature

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 15:30:58

cheers m8

He was insulting YOU, idiot.

wtfbbqhax

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 15:32:45

At 11/15/06 02:26 PM, Hycran wrote: Your movies are free protection points, why vote low?

If you know an NGers name when you hear it, you better believe its a protection,

Whats wrong with Foamy, he has good movies that are funny rants. Sure the animation may not be all that good but him being blammed and my movie passing is unreal.

So Im now being a hater towards all haters

And Im sorry to here that Legendary frog

Every possible situation can be bashed through with a complex series of lies.

BBS Signature

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 15:33:45

At 11/15/06 03:30 PM, fwe wrote:
cheers m8

I can't tell if he realized that.

BBS Signature

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 15:35:00

At 11/15/06 03:11 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: hare reviews. That doesn't help anyone, and in turn won't allow the author to improve.

lol spelling mistake, but thats a good poitn reviews help the author in develpoing

Every possible situation can be bashed through with a complex series of lies.

BBS Signature

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 15:47:00

When the fuck are you going to finish Code Veronica.

Between the idea And the reality

Between the motion And the act, Falls the Shadow

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 15:48:11

At 11/15/06 03:30 PM, fwe wrote:
cheers m8

i know and i don't give a fuck what he thinks i don't give a fuck about what anyone thinks

i love bees

BBS Signature

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 15:51:37

I admire your courage to say that. I guess people are more or less wrong when they say the fame got in your head.

Your jokes are still old though.

<3

I don't take revenue from my profile.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 15:53:18

U DONTZ NO HU T3H LEGONDAR33 F0RG IZ!?!?!?!?!/!?!!11111/11/!?!!?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 15:53:27

LF. Don't apologize. You have outgrown NG and these little fuckin kids infesting it. This isn't the NG from 1999-2002 anymore. That time is over. I suggest you find a new site brotha. I still love ya though.

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 15:59:49

i know and i don't give a fuck what he thinks i don't give a fuck about what anyone thinks

You must have cared since you bothered enough to answer.

BBS Signature

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 16:06:25

I am a great fan of you! I remember back a while ago when I had dial-upp my brother and I would huddle around the computer and wait 2 hours just to watch your movies. In fact you are the one that got me into flashes. It's more flash artists like you that newground needs. I mean half of the artists don't even have the courage to post for fear of them being flamed like you are right now. I'm shure you can find at least 20 people that got started in flash becasue of you. I have shown my suport of you many time s before(I've imed you a couple times. I'm simpson699) and I don't think I'll ever stop supporting you. Your one of the first people to make quality flash and I think people should start respecting you a little more. Half of the people here just joined and they don't even know your other great achivements. They're just saying what they think i "cool" and people will like them for.

Wade Fulp replying to me = greatest day of my life

BBS Signature

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 17:05:31

It would be nice if you replied more when you're visiting the site.

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 17:12:13

Like you said, it's only a number.

Why the fuck should you care about how bad someone votes your movie?
Has it occured to you people eventually will get jealous of your talent?

It's what you think about what you've done.

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 17:14:47

At 11/15/06 03:11 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
What you have to realize is that newground voters aren't the best educated people in the world. Often times, people will just vote 5 or 0 cause it makes the most effect on a score of a movie.

I hate that. We have numbers in between 0 and 5, yet the sad truth is barely anybody uses them. Heck, even for a crappy movie that deserves to be blammed i sometimes vote a 1 instead of a 0 for example bacause it may have a thing or two going for it. Same with a decent movie, not everything is a "wow f'ing 5 blow your mind" kind of submission, so I vote accordingly, yet this is something that is obviously not done by the entire population in the NG portal except for those of us who do care.

People don't understand the term overrated. Basically anything that someone doesn't like, they will call it overrated. Unless nobody else likes it.

This much is true, although for example, I admit I like family guy, yet I do beliee it is overrated. See how that works? I don't think it is overrated because I don't like it, because I do, but it doesn't change the fact it's "funnyness" is blown out of proportion. In the case of flash movies, most people stop looking at the submission after a while and just vote based on the author (*cough*iwillpress*cough*). This is bad regardless of it being positivelly or negativelly, the flash is what matters, not the author.

People don't realize that the majority of us just do flash for fun.

pepolpe take the internet too seriously, period.

The popularity and decreasing quality trend is sort of like a cycle. Without negative constructive reviews, we can't improve. However, the majority of negative review are simply hate reviews. That doesn't help anyone, and in turn won't allow the author to improve.

Writting reviews has become problematic and controversial as well, that's why I barely bother to write them now. I will still write an ocasional one, but not really.

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 17:20:10

He's legendary fucking frog!

"I don't turn water to to wine but to cold coors light, I'm not Jesus I know, but I got that hydroponic shit that me and Judas grow"

BBS Signature

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 17:22:07

Who the hell is that?!

NARUUGH! CRAB BATTLE!

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 17:23:29

You have a 3.95~. The standards aren't the same as when you used to release your stuff en masse. And maybe the fact that videogame movies have an appeal only to those who play the game would also affect the score.

I'm sorry, I don't find your score unfair. I'm sorry you're not getting the 4+ you used to, but to be frank, I never found your movies to be worth what they are currently scored anyways.

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 17:33:16

At 11/15/06 02:20 PM, LegendaryFrog wrote:
I was angry that a movie I work hard on for months was getting treated that way. A score is just a score... But in this case the score wasn't fair.

The score was fair. Be ready to accept that certain people aren't going to like your movies and get over it. If you like it yourself and a few other people do, that should be good enough. The reason the score was so low was because of the complete lack of humor in what was supposedly a comedy, making the flash itsself seem pointless. I don't know if it's intentional, but it basically looked like you had just stopped even trying to come up with a decent script for your movies, hoping to get high scores based on your previously present fanbase. No matter how many times I see it, basing a Flash around a popular video game isn't an instant recipe for success.

And it may shock you again but I don't care if I get a negative review as long as it's constructive. But what I was seeing here were extremely low scores for no good reason. So I made a post on my deviantART page about how "I have outgrown NG." And in the case of the reviews this movie was getting that statement was true. There we're plenty of constructive reviews with lower scores, and I accept that. But the majority of them were flames, or criticism for silly reasons.

I considered it more a case of newgrounds outgrowing you at the time. That perhaps everyone had finally realised that your work isn't actually that decent. I left a review for your flash giving it a 0 because of how much you had disappointed me with it, since I figured you might have spent all that time coming up with something halfway decent, only to recieve the same thing once again. I didn't really know what else to say. I would hope that you choose to explore some more advanced animation than tweening, write a script not about video games, and make jokes that actually have tactful timing and aren't centered around muffins or pies. I was hoping that was what you were doing before, but I guess not. Maybe next time, with any luck.

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 17:38:59

Who gives a crap?

Seriously.

This is newgrounds.

The U-Bend in the toilet pipe that is the internet.
Where all the hair, vermin and fecal matter sink to and thrive.

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 17:45:48

Your potential is far away of what the WoW thingy was. You can do much, much better. Your jokes have been overused, by you and other NGers. That's why they got old. And the WoW movie was your first flash in aaaages, that's why many people hated it. They wanted something really cool.

But I think that the main problem is that you haven't developed your style, humor and animation that much. Hey, being a top-rated artist requires effort. Standards get higher. Animators get bettter and better, new artists are being known, and ALL of them improve and show new and exciting stuff.

Renew yourself, man, you can't live in the present from the past. You are able to.

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 17:50:58

Hey Ma, look at me! Im typing on the internet!
Oh wow, this sure is thrilling.

Monster Count: 2999 - Countdown to 3000

DO ANY OF YOU BOYS LIVE IN VIRGINIA?!

BBS Signature

Response to Public Apology to Newgrounds. 2006-11-15 17:54:38

You know he's not even going to look at this thread again?

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.

Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature