00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AcekillerX67 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee

105,917 Views | 798 Replies

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-02 18:57:53

At 4/2/07 06:34 PM, ZenOfAnger wrote: Hmm, isn't it strange that in England, all the customers and crew are helpful, polite and charming. I haven't a single complaint about McDonalds.

Great topic btw.

well, I find it odd. I think I mentioned before that I have only noticed this kind of beaviour on the customers' side within McDonalds. Other fast food restaurants will have their moments, but for all I've seen, people are more calm and patient in other places. Even when I have seen other places have similar problems, the don't seem to get the same kind of violent customers we do.

I think there is predisposition from everybody, McDonalds allready has a bad reputation in that aspect, hence why it is in the dictionary as McJob for example, people automatically associate it with negative experiences and situations, and are prejudiced against it.

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-02 19:11:58

At 4/2/07 05:13 PM, NemoX wrote:
At 4/2/07 04:59 PM, Saberwulfe wrote:
Either that or a hippy. ;)
a little hippy/hobo living there for years and we don't know about him/her? that'd be quite a feat to accomplish :)

Maybe its a hippie/hobo ghost O.o Anyways I love the stories, glad you updated it again.

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-02 19:22:17

Lol this thread reminded me of a story.
So this lady went to a Chinese Food Resteraunt and ate some noodles. She brought some of the noodles home and put them in the fridge. The next day the inside of her mouth started hurting so she went to the docters. When she got to the docters the docter had a look inside of her mouth. He looked at it for a bit and said to her that he had no clue what it was that was making her mouth hurt. The docter then asked her what she ate in the last 48 hours and she replied just some chinese food. So the docter asked for a sample of the chinese food and then brought the sample to a lab. It turns out that some chinese guy cummed in her food and she had herpes in her mouth.

My Art ISU. Tell me what you think.

DeviantFart

YOU WANNA SEE SOME GOOD ART!? Well then you shouldn't click here.

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-02 19:24:52

Is there a certain time of day to go, or something that will guarantee that my food is hot? I usually get it around 5 as that's when my parents get off from work, and it's hardly ever hot. There's been times when everything was literally cold so I had to microwave it, which I don't like because it makes the buns hard.

That's not just McDonald's either. Burger King, McDonalds, all of them (except for Wendy's, but I don't eat there often) usually have warm food thats more of a chore then a pleasure to eat.

?

BBS Signature

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-02 20:28:20

To all the people who wondered "What was in them originally?" when the "Now made with all white meat!" Ad came out for the McNuggets:

When I was seven, I ordered some McNuggets. I ate through half of one, and noticed that it was speckled with black meat, something I absolutely hate. I didn't eat at McDonalds for years after that (for some reason), until about 1 or 2 years after that ad came out, and I now love their Chicken Selects.

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-03 03:21:14

At 4/2/07 07:24 PM, TakeNoPrisoners wrote: Is there a certain time of day to go, or something that will guarantee that my food is hot? I usually get it around 5 as that's when my parents get off from work, and it's hardly ever hot. There's been times when everything was literally cold so I had to microwave it, which I don't like because it makes the buns hard.

Absolutely. I can guarante you, that even though it makes it harder for us, to go during a rush period, you may have to wait a little, but everything will always be hot and fresh because we run out of everything so fast we take things as son as they are cooked. Depends on the restaurant you go to, but for us for example, the afternoon rush is between 4-5:30 ish, and another small one at around 9, and then another ne 5 minutes before we close :)

That's not just McDonald's either. Burger King, McDonalds, all of them (except for Wendy's, but I don't eat there often) usually have warm food thats more of a chore then a pleasure to eat.

LOL, you said McDonalds twice :)
but I agree with you, fast food is not meant to be microwaved, it just tastes worse if you so that, specially if the burger has lettuce in it :S

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-03 05:16:17

Wow! I love this thread! I work at McDonald's too and have been there for 2 and a half years. I'm not a manager, though, because I don't care. These stories are awesome and remind me of some of my own. I've cleaned puke out of Playland slides so many times that I don't even remember the exact number. Once, this dumbass ordered two sodas. One a Coke and the other a Sprite. They were both medium size. When I passed the drinks to this guy, he was dumb enough to ask which one the coke was. Hah. Awesome thread. Good idea!

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-03 13:36:14

At 4/3/07 05:16 AM, AAlkaline wrote: Wow! I love this thread! I work at McDonald's too and have been there for 2 and a half years. I'm not a manager, though, because I don't care. These stories are awesome and remind me of some of my own. I've cleaned puke out of Playland slides so many times that I don't even remember the exact number. Once, this dumbass ordered two sodas. One a Coke and the other a Sprite. They were both medium size. When I passed the drinks to this guy, he was dumb enough to ask which one the coke was. Hah. Awesome thread. Good idea!

Well, I've said it before: feel free to add your own anecdotes :)
I'm sure with 2 and a half years you should have a couple, so come by now and then and share!

Also, I'm surprised you have had to clean that much, maybe in your store they aren't, but in mine, it is kinda sexist really, men are the ones who always end up cleaning anything, women are almost never asked to clean stuff like that :S

Good job surviving McDonalds, remember: if you can survive McDonalds, you can survive anything :)

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-03 17:52:23

At 4/3/07 01:36 PM, NemoX wrote:
Also, I'm surprised you have had to clean that much, maybe in your store they aren't, but in mine, it is kinda sexist really, men are the ones who always end up cleaning anything, women are almost never asked to clean stuff like that :S

Well, they aren't all that sexist where I work. The only separation is that crew members do the clean up jobs and managers do not. Simple as that. Though, I've recently relocated to a different McDonald's where the managers aren't as reluctant to do clean up jobs.

Anyway, at the first McDonald's I worked at there was a speaker in the kitchen area so that everyone could hear what went on in drive-thru. This man comes through, orders a "chocolate malt" and my idiot co-worker says "We don't have malts, sir..." The man persists by saying, "Yeah, they're on the menu. I'm looking right at them!" Co-worker says, "We don't have malts!" and he's getting really pissy with this poor customer. So the customer says, "But I'm LOOKING at them on the menu! It says you have chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry malts." We're all yelling at the guy in money that the man just wants a chocolate shake, but by this point, he was just too pissed off to care. He starts yelling that we don't have malts and that if the guy wants a malt so fucking badly he should go somewhere else. My manager goes back there to try to calm him down and to attempt keeping the customer's business. Both plans failed. The customer drove off and later complained to our region manager. The employee, meanwhile, went on a huge riot and was walking around the restaurant kicking things over and throwing dishes at the walls. Needless to say, he got fired. And he had to pay something like $150 in damages.

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-03 22:26:50

This is an awesome read.

When you have to "waste" food after 20 minutes or whatever do you just eat some of it? I have friends in fast food who say they hurry up and scarf down messed up orders or old food.

My story about Pizza Hut.

Me and my family order 2 large pies to eat inside. We get about halfway through our pizza and the waitress comes over and apologizes for giving us the wrong order. Then we thought, hey she's right (we were too dumb to notice or care).

Anyway, we ended up with about 6 pizza pies for free because of the slow service. Rock on!

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-03 23:16:20

At 4/3/07 05:52 PM, AAlkaline wrote: Well, they aren't all that sexist where I work. The only separation is that crew members do the clean up jobs and managers do not. Simple as that. Though, I've recently relocated to a different McDonald's where the managers aren't as reluctant to do clean up jobs.

Good, managers should help too. The only thing about being a manager to me, is that I have some extra responsabilities, other than that, I feel I have to work as much as anybody else, although I admit I sometimes slack off a bit and let the crew do the work, but it's only fair since I let them relax a lot too.

"We don't have malts, sir..."

We get that a lot too. People always end up using the names of burgers from other places, but you should be smart enough not to care and know what they want, that guy was just stupid :S

The employee, meanwhile, went on a huge riot and was walking around the restaurant kicking things over and throwing dishes at the walls. Needless to say, he got fired. And he had to pay something like $150 in damages.

I hate it when people get mad at things that are their own fault, both crew and customers. In your story, it was the crew's fault. what did he break that he had to pay that amount?

At 3/13/07 10:26 PM, BocesPlayer wrote:
This is an awesome read

My story about Pizza Hut.
Me and my family order 2 large pies to eat inside. We get about halfway through our pizza and the waitress comes over and apologizes for giving us the wrong order. Then we thought, hey she's right (we were too dumb to notice or care).
Anyway, we ended up with about 6 pizza pies for free because of the slow service. Rock on!

That's always fun. I love it the few times I have ordered a large pizza for delivery, and they screw up so they give me two mediums instead, so I end up with more pizza than I ordered :)

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-03 23:28:51

At 4/3/07 01:36 PM, NemoX wrote: Good job surviving McDonalds, remember: if you can survive McDonalds, you can survive anything :)

That's Marine training after Basic. The gas chamber jog is nothing compared to a week of Big Macs; they have to modify or remove your sense of taste for the better purposes of the Corps. :D

Love the American Dream, with a vengeance.

BBS Signature

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-03 23:41:38

At 4/3/07 11:28 PM, John-Wayne wrote: That's Marine training after Basic. The gas chamber jog is nothing compared to a week of Big Macs; they have to modify or remove your sense of taste for the better purposes of the Corps. :D

not to mention developing inmunity to toxic chemicals ;)

funny, I have yet to try a BigMac, even after all this time, but the smell is not addhered (sp?) to my skin :(

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-03 23:44:00

Hey I work at McDonald's too. Not a manager though, i'm part of the kitchen crew.

The worst complains are the "why don't you have any nuggets, I need my diet coke or i'll die!" things. After we explain to them how the system works "well you should have made sure you had enough", ya thanks.

Theirs also this yellow mustang guy as we call him. He basically says we gave him some code and demands free food.

I don't remember anything else atm. Mmmmmm those pop corn chicken fingers are good, their pretty good with caeser sauce.

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-04 01:10:20

At 4/3/07 11:16 PM, NemoX wrote:
I hate it when people get mad at things that are their own fault, both crew and customers. In your story, it was the crew's fault. what did he break that he had to pay that amount?

He threw a chair from the crew room at the dishwasher and busted it up pretty bad. So he had to pay for a new cover on the dishwasher, and some new machinery for the washer as that was all busted too. Plus, he broke a few coffee pots and broke some trays in half. Really quite scary to watch. We actually stopped serving people for about 20 minutes or so because we had the majority of the crew either hiding or trying to get him under control.

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-04 01:12:16

Wow!! you still work at McDonalds?

Fat, bitch stalks me on this website-2003 Suffered from Hypnophobia-2006 Popular latino whore with over 400 friends refuses to add me on friends list on facebook.com-2007

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-04 02:01:00

At 4/4/07 01:10 AM, AAlkaline wrote:
He threw a chair from the crew room at the dishwasher and busted it up pretty bad. So he had to pay for a new cover on the dishwasher, and some new machinery for the washer as that was all busted too. Plus, he broke a few coffee pots and broke some trays in half. Really quite scary to watch. We actually stopped serving people for about 20 minutes or so because we had the majority of the crew either hiding or trying to get him under control.

wow, that bad huh? Anger management anyone?
I'm guessing he didn't ge a good recomendation, if any at all.

I admit though I have had my moments in which I have felt that way...though I control myself and just work faster, get my frustration out...another reason I love working on Brower (if anybody doesn't remember, that's when the truck comes and we unload it, and organize everything in the basement, rotate it, ect - take from 3 to 5 hours depending on how big the order is and how many people are working) I just get to vent by lifting heavy boxes all night long, so it's kinda therapeutic :)

Have you felt like that before?

At 4/4/07 01:10 AM, HalfHumanHalfZombie wrote:
Wow!! you still work at McDonalds?

sure do :) I don't remember if when I met you first I was already a manager or not though, but it's been 5 years now total since I started...either I'm a masochist or it isn't as bad as people think :) it IS stressful, but manageable...for a while, lately I have been feeling I'm reaching my limit...but then I relax, give myself some room and keep going :)

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-04 02:38:29

oh man. I had a good one this winter. well good for me because i got a chuckle out of it.

so i'm finishing up for the day i got rid of the kids in my lesson and i walk upstairs from the instructor's lounge to the front desk of the lodge and there's this lady behind the counter looking right at me, almost like she's trying to grab somebody's attention to get help. so stupid as i am, i walk over and ask "may I help you?"

and right off the bat she's bombarding me with

"i demand a refund, we had a horrible experience today! first of all our kids went out on their lesson late (side note: this parent brought her kids in late herself). the morning instructor was just horrible, he said everything sucked! he said if they got lost it would "suck" and everyone at the front desk here were treating us poorly "

lets break: first of all she was late getting there and thus, her kids would be late. at least we accommodated her stupid ass and let her kids in the program despite this. It was during a major holiday period and our programs were full but we still took her kids in anyway!

the instructor her children had in the morning was handed two more kids in the middle of his lesson and thus was delayed, she actually made it less convenient for the other children in the lesson. In fact the instructor was a high schooler, a really docile kid and probably meant "it would not be fun for you or me if you got lost, because it is very confusing and hectic on the mountain today" not "if you get lost, sucks for you" as the parent seems to of taken it.

thirdly. I WAS THE FRONT DESK in the morning and i'm the largest ass kisser there. I crack jokes with the parents, make comments about how unfortunate the lines are today and everything to get them to smile, and that lady was no different from anybody else in the morning. if i were really that grouchy do you think she'd be the only one standing there demanding a refund?

now back to the lady,

she was still ranting and at this point i feel that she realized that she was in no way justified in her demands and started making shit up (well that sort of started with the comment about the front staff because if she hadn't, she probably would have noticed it was me):

"my kids said they weren't fed lunch and they were in the wrong level! the afternoon teacher was fine (as he walked by behind me, might i ad) but everyone else has been snotty and mean. We didn't know where to pick the kids up either" (by now my boss had snuck up behind me and took over the ass kissing for me. thankfully she told the lady that she was lucky her kids got into a lesson in the morning and that she didn't have the power to refund her) (oh, she actually does have said power ^_^)

and back to what the lady said:

to pick up your kids is a little hard because you need to go in and go down some stairs and wait for them, but i made it extremely obvious, not to mention if you're really confused its a good bet to just go back where you dropped them off. i also stated that you could wait at th ebottom of the hill for your kids to come back!

also, those kids were fed. the morning instructor made sure of it, since its his job, but since he only had a handful of kids that day he remembered feeding those kids. and the kids didn't look to be complaining to me, they actually looked embarrassed for how their mother was acting.

and the level! how would this lady who's never skid a day in her life know what lever her kids is supposed to be in?! fuck, we tell them off the bat its on the paper work its on loop on TVs all around, we group the kids in ability and age - NOT by friends, though we try but ultimately we try to make the experience the best for the kid and their skiing. she probably said they skid better then they did, in the morning they went out with that more advanced lesson and in the afternoon had to be dropped down to an appropriate level. the kids had more fun in the afternoon according to her, so chances are we did our job in that aspect.

i feel bad that some people try to do something nice for their children and turn it into something ugly and downright sad because they dont like the price tag. i agree the mountain has some poor policies on pricing, but they came here, they purchased it - if they didn't like it they didn't have to give the money to the ticket booth guy, but they did.

either way, the mom made an ass out of herself and didn't get her money back. next time she comes late i'll smile and explain that in her reservation packet it stated to be there by 9:30 and that they are infact showing up at 10:15, lessons have already left but you may sign them up for the afternoon and bring them back here BY 12:00.

gah.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-04 04:50:49

I happen to work in a Mc-Grits As Well As Many Of You, I May Not Have Worked There As Long As Many, But I Still Have Seen Some Interesting Shit.

One Night, (I Prefer Working Nights Over Mornings, You Get The Day To Yourself And You Can Sleep In) There Was A Bar-Fight Just Down The Road, In A Strip Mall By My Location, So A Drunk Walks In, Bloody Hand, And Orders His Meal, I Don't Remember Exactly What He Said, But It Was A Big-Mac, And A Quarter-Pounder. He Orders, And Leaves For Twenty Or So Minutes To Wash The Blood Off. So He Comes Back, Sits Down, When Some Of The Pricks I Used To Work With (They Were Fired), Go To Sit With Him. And After A Few Minutes, I Look Up And He (The Drunk) Is Whaling His Hand Upon The Wall. The Prick I Mentioned, Is Convincing Him To Hit His Hand Harder, Until He His Hitting It SO Hard, He Stars Screaming Random Obscenities.

---------------------------------------------
-

Just Last Night Or So, This Guy Came Throught DT, Harassing Me About Why We Don't Have Onion Rings, Nothing Unusual, Right? Wrong. I Was Having Enough Of This Shit, So I Closed The Window, And Walked Away. One Of The Girls Working, My Ex-Girlfriend, Who I Am Decent Friends With Still, Mentions That He Has Come Through The DT Almost Every Night, And Whenever A Girl Is On DT, He Gives Her A Gift, One Girl Got A Towel. My Ex, He Offered To Flash Her, As A Present. Almost Just As She Said It, He Looked Away And Drove Off......Some People, Got Some Nerve.....

-

Some Of The Guys I Work With, Broke A Hole In The Change Room Wall, And Buried A Guys Cell Phone Inside It So Far Down You Couldnt Reach It, But Then Someone Took A Knife, And Dug A Hole Through The Other Side Of The Wall, So They Could See Into The Girls' Change Room, I Swear, The Hole Is About Fucking, One Inch, By Half An Inch, So All Of The Girls Know, And Change In The Washroom Instead.....

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-04 06:06:57

Why do you feel the need to capitalize every word?

Visit my blog and click my ads! Link

If your IQ was any lower, you would trip over it.

BBS Signature

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-04 12:57:52

At 4/4/07 06:06 AM, Ytangon wrote: Why do you feel the need to capitalize every word?

Force Of Habit, I Always Have Done It

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-04 13:29:01

Gawd these are too funny!

wish i had some stories

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-04 14:11:31

At 4/4/07 01:29 PM, dajudge wrote: Gawd these are too funny!

wish i had some stories

you have never been to a restaurant or any kind of bussiness where you got bad service? you are lucky. I t seems to happen everywhere :)

At 4/4/07 02:38 AM, Malachy wrote:
oh man. I had a good one this winter. well good for me because i got a chuckle out of it.

yeah, when people realize they are being stupid, pride will make them start looking for more and more dumb excuses :) glad to see you dropped by.

At 4/4/07 02:38 AM, Oper-Xero wrote:
I happen to work in a Mc-Grits As Well As Many Of You, I May Not Have Worked There As Long As Many, But I Still Have Seen Some Interesting Shit

drunk people are always fun to talk to. They have some interesting insight to life :) Problem is when they are the violent type, and are being edged on by morons like the ones you described. I feel sorry for you on that regards.

And the other story...I don't think I understood the punch line, I got confused after the exgirlfriend part :(

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-05 12:13:53

Read enite 10 pages... Stayed up til 4 AM one day too... Anyway, write more.

I dont have a signature, stop bugging me.

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-05 13:31:14

At 4/5/07 12:13 PM, UltraPulse wrote: Read enite 10 pages... Stayed up til 4 AM one day too... Anyway, write more.

I Did The Exact Same Thing xD

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-05 13:32:19

At 4/4/07 02:11 PM, NemoX wrote: And the other story...I don't think I understood the punch line, I got confused after the exgirlfriend part :(

My Ex-girlfriend Was Just About Flashed By Some 60 yr Old Man, He Was Trying To Hit On Her

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-06 17:06:10

At 1/23/07 09:11 PM, NemoX wrote: What made me roll my eyes the most is when they decided to get a 20 piece because “it is only 8.50”…do they realize that means each nugget is costing them about 2.35? what do they mean by only?!?! people are stupid when it comes to math don’t they?

Yep, people sure are dumb when it comes to math.

Dead.

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-07 02:09:52

At 4/6/07 05:06 PM, Elfer wrote:
Yep, people sure are dumb when it comes to math.

Don't even say it...... :(

I realized this a while ago, I tend to exagerate when I'm angry, and made a mistake. I know the math sucked, but it's besides the point, it is still too expensive :)

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-07 04:11:10

Today, I officially ate a pounder (4 quarter pounders in 1) and it took exactly 7 minutes and 16 seconds. I rock so hard.

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2007-04-07 07:27:26

Wow i read all your stories and they were awesome. Damn some people can be soo stupid.
My dad can be really impatient sometimes with people and has to say stupid stuff to them.

One time we went to a hungry jacks through the DT to get an ice-cream and their machine was broken so we didnt get anything and were told to drive through. But there was a car in front of us taking forever to get their order and we were stuck behind them. Finally they got what they wanted and left and as we were driving past the window my dad had to stop and say, "Your machine was broken so we didn't get anything and were waiting behind them for that whole time". So the girl apologises and we drive off and I say to him "Why do you need to say that? Its not her fault that we had to wait and its not like complaining about that is going to fix anything." He didn't know what to say to that.

Also what's the difference between the meat in the Big Mac and Quarter Pounder?