00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mxntjam just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,843,448 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-27 10:26:07

Apparently some people still have seen Steins;Gate or Puella Magi Madoka Magicka. Seriously how couldnt they of?

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-27 10:48:22

At 1/27/12 10:26 AM, BumFodder wrote: Apparently some people still have not seen Steins;Gate or Puella Magi Madoka Magicka. Seriously how couldn't they of?

*If that's what you were trying to post.

Well, as shocking as this may sound. There are other things to watch besides shows that came out last year, you know.

I'll let you think about that for a bit.

I've seen Madoka, didn't like it at all.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-27 13:26:08

So, just got current with Guilty Crown. At first, I have to say, it really wasn't that bad. Decent animation, musically oriented scenes reminiscent of Macross Frontier, but as the show went on, they just packed more and more bullshit in there. Endlaves, okay, their mechs, I have serious problems with these. They're remotely piloted and for some dumbass reason the designer said "Hey, let's make this shit REAL, like the MATRIX." They really don't do shit to explain how Endlaves work, but so far here's what I've deducted: They're remotely piloted. The pilots feel the pain of the robot. If your robot dies while you're plugged in, you die? That last one I'm not too sure about, but here's the real bullshit; while psycho blondie was fighting Shu in the warehouse while he was trying to protect Yashiro's little bro, his Endlave, through some freak event, gets infected with Apocalypse virus, and here this guy is probably 50 miles away, and he's got crystals growing on his face. What? "It's magic, I aint gotta 'splain shit."

Yeah okay. Here's what really just laid the nail in the coffin for me. Powerlevels. Fuck, what is this I don't even... Right before the second lost christmas incident, Inori starts singing her song that cures cancer of all types, and one of the technicians exclaims "HER GENOME RESONANCE POWERLEVEL IS OVER 3000". WHAT!? 3000!? Oh that's not all, either. Episode 14, Tsugumi pulls out a device that literally fucking measures the powerlevels of voids that it points at. The best part is her explanation of how it came about; "Oh, I picked it off some dead dude at that last battle we had." Okay, why in the fuck would some generic soldier need a void scouter? Who in the fuck would even make the thing? GHQ doesn't even really know shit about voids(and even if they do, TOP SECRET YO), and only two people can pull voids out of others that we can see so far.

Still, great OST IMO.

Cute+Funny=?

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-27 13:42:00

At 1/27/12 10:48 AM, Mendou wrote: I've seen Madoka, didn't like it at all.

lol

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-27 13:48:55

Also, pic related. Personally, I was relating Guilty Crown to Code Geass.

Funny how they all tie in to the same thing.

Anime Club

Cute+Funny=?

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-27 19:44:40

At 1/27/12 10:26 AM, BumFodder wrote: Apparently some people still have seen Steins;Gate or Puella Magi Madoka Magicka. Seriously how couldnt they of?

>implying?

At 1/27/12 01:48 PM, sean5892 wrote: Also, pic related. Personally, I was relating Guilty Crown to Code Geass.

Anime nazis are kawaii.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-27 20:23:23

At 1/27/12 07:44 PM, Sevkat wrote:
Anime nazis are kawaii.

Every time i see Naoi Ayoto from Angel Beats!, i think of anime nazis.

Anime Club

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!

REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-27 22:15:05

At 1/27/12 01:42 PM, BumFodder wrote:

lol

Thank you for the informative response.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-27 22:31:12

[10:26:45 PM] Potter: my what a lovely club
[10:26:51 PM] Hias: Fuck all the hatin' I had before
[10:26:52 PM] Hias: this is awful
[10:27:15 PM] Hias: I don't even want to post anymore, I feel disgusted to look at it, even
[10:27:24 PM] Hias: Like this isn't even intelligent discussion
[10:27:36 PM] Hias: this is fuckstupid weeaboo 4chan /a/ wannabee shit

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-28 00:30:52

At 1/27/12 01:48 PM, sean5892 wrote: Also, pic related. Personally, I was relating Guilty Crown to Code Geass.

I hope you're not saying Code Geass was bad...how could you say that?

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-28 06:26:52

I enjoyed madoka. Even if it wasn't perhaps the most original anime, and certainly wasn't the amazingly deep super deconstructing best-thing-ever that a lot of the community made it out to be last march, I certainly enjoyed it. The ending (in fact, a lot of the second half bar homura's past) was a bit predictable (and stolen from lain iirc), but the were characters interesting enough to keep me gripped. The art was novel, I don't want to say it was the best thing in the world, but it was certainly an interesting facet to the witch worlds that kept it fresh.

With regards to that chat log kisuke posted, I'm with you guys too.
At 1/28/12 12:30 AM, JaconWes wrote: I hope you're not saying Code Geass was bad...how could you say that?

Oh come on code geass was pretty mediocre. It was fun, easy to watch... but asides from that pretty terrible. The nunally plot twist mid-way through S1 was just utterly retarded, and I completely lost track of the plot by the second series. That whole shit where lelouch predicted like this guys conversation down to a word, and showed a recording of him replying while he got into position to fight... just wat.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-28 10:33:05

At 1/28/12 06:26 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I enjoyed madoka. Even if it wasn't perhaps the most original anime, and certainly wasn't the amazingly deep super deconstructing best-thing-ever that a lot of the community made it out to be last march, I certainly enjoyed it.

Either you didnt watch it, or dont even know what a deconstruction is. Also how can a deconstruction be original? Theyre supposed to take apart things in shows so as to better understand it and how it relates to Real Life.
Madoka is practically "How would Mahou Shoujo animes play out with real-life consequences applied?".

Oh come on code geass was pretty mediocre. It was fun, easy to watch... but asides from that pretty terrible.

Get out.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-28 10:34:15

At 1/27/12 10:15 PM, Mendou wrote: Thank you for the informative response.

Youre truthfully the first person ive known of who didnt like it. Did you get to the 3rd episode?

At 1/27/12 07:44 PM, Sevkat wrote: >implying?

>implying implications?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-28 11:06:40

I haven't seen Madoka or Steins;Gate because they're still too new for me to get my hands on them, and because Madoka looks like the kind of anime that I despise. Also, I've never seen Chaos;Head, which apparently, is part of the story of Steins;Gate

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-28 11:12:30

At 1/28/12 11:06 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Also, I've never seen Chaos;Head, which apparently, is part of the story of Steins;Gate

They're actually unrelated despite being set in the same world. Aside from some references, they're stand-alone stories.

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-28 11:29:01

At 1/28/12 11:06 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: I haven't seen Madoka or Steins;Gate because they're still too new for me to get my hands on them, and because Madoka looks like the kind of anime that I despise.

I get what you mean, madoka looks like a girly mahou shoujo series, but thats what its supposed to look like since its a deconstruction of one. Its actually one of the most depressing anime ive ever seen and its a definite horror.

Also, I've never seen Chaos;Head, which apparently, is part of the story of Steins;Gate

The stories are barely connected at all. Theres like 1 passing reference to Chaos;Head in Steins;Gate and its not even slightly important. Chaos;Head is still worth watchig though, the first half of it is especially good.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-28 11:56:07

At 1/28/12 10:33 AM, BumFodder wrote:
At 1/28/12 06:26 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I enjoyed madoka. Even if it wasn't perhaps the most original anime, and certainly wasn't the amazingly deep super deconstructing best-thing-ever that a lot of the community made it out to be last march, I certainly enjoyed it.
Either you didnt watch it, or dont even know what a deconstruction is. Also how can a deconstruction be original? Theyre supposed to take apart things in shows so as to better understand it and how it relates to Real Life.
Madoka is practically "How would Mahou Shoujo animes play out with real-life consequences applied?".

A deconstruction can be original. Watchmen was original, for example. Some of the pieces were ripped straight out of other material, but it was more than the sum of its parts. Like, I'd view the art direction in madoka original, for example, but as a whole, the anime wasn't that original.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-28 13:18:08

At 1/28/12 11:56 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: A deconstruction can be original. Watchmen was original, for example. Some of the pieces were ripped straight out of other material, but it was more than the sum of its parts. Like, I'd view the art direction in madoka original, for example, but as a whole, the anime wasn't that original.

Most deconstructions are close to what theyre deconstructing because thats the point. Its like saying soy milk is bad because its too similar to cows milk when its supposed to be a non-lactose version. Its just completely missing the point of deconstructions.

Madoka cant be original because mahou shoujos are very formulaic and thats what its deconstructing. I wouldnt say watchmen is very original either, as it fits straight in with the dark age of comics, which is what its supposed to be doing since its a deconstruction. I dont see any difference big enough between the two to say one is original and one isnt. You either call them original for deconstructing or unoriginal because they have to imitate what theyre deconstructing to deconstruct. If they werent imitating then it wouldnt be a deconstruction at all.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-28 17:09:44

now why couldn't you have made posts like that in the beginning instead of one sentence garbage posts?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-28 18:05:02

At 1/28/12 05:09 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: now why couldn't you have made posts like that in the beginning instead of one sentence garbage posts?

Because I wasnt discussing what it was about, I was discussing about people having seeing it. I dont need to write an essay and then have someone insult me because I didnt when its completely irrelevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-28 18:40:25

At 1/28/12 06:05 PM, BumFodder wrote: Because I wasnt discussing what it was about, I was discussing about people having seeing it. I dont need to write an essay and then have someone insult me because I didnt when its completely irrelevant.

Shut up, Fodder!

Anime Club

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-28 19:12:07

At 1/28/12 06:05 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 1/28/12 05:09 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: now why couldn't you have made posts like that in the beginning instead of one sentence garbage posts?
Because I wasnt discussing what it was about, I was discussing about people having seeing it. I dont need to write an essay and then have someone insult me because I didnt when its completely irrelevant.

Your first post came off to me as insulting people who haven't seen madoka/s;g, but that's open to interpretation i guess so whatever. Then you replied to mendou saying he didn't like it with just "lol". There a thousand ways to reply to a post that inspire discussion ("What didn't you like about it? I liked X Y Z"). Under what circumstances were you not just posting complete bullshit?

I'm done here.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-28 19:28:55

At 1/28/12 07:12 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I'm done here.

I still haven't started Stein;s Gate, or finished Madoka.
Come @ me f0dder

Anime Club

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-28 20:53:51

At 1/28/12 10:34 AM, BumFodder wrote:
You're truthfully the first person I've known of who didn't like it. Did you get to the 3rd episode?

Yes, I watched it all. That's why I said "I've seen Madoka". Because I watched it all, not just a few episodes in the middle.

I get that it's deconstruction, and I get it tries to turn the genre upside down and shake it to it's core. But that doesn't mean I have to enjoy it, which I didn't. It came off as forced and generally just a bunch of "LOOK WHAT WE DID!" moments. Making it a bitterly disappointing viewing for me in particular.

I've seen some Mahou Shoujo, I wouldn't be so fickle as to drop it because it 'seemed too girly' at first glance(I'm referring to first glances during it's original airing).

Stuff like Madoka is favored because it's shocking or original to people who are generally new to anime. Thus younger fans tend to be more encouraging about it's quality.

That's my theory, at least.

I finished Sanctuary last night, btw. Now that's a fucking good manga, I say. It's not the most complex thing out there, and it feels like an early prototype to Death Notes narrative structure(Handsome, young revolutionary continues to stump others, with the opposition continually giving 'NANI!!?' responses, which is all 'ACCORDING TO PLAN *smug face*'. That's not exactly a good thing, btw.

But it's hard to put down, and it really does say a lot about the Japanese and politics, which is something I respect a lot.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-28 21:31:44

At 1/28/12 07:28 PM, Sevkat wrote:
At 1/28/12 07:12 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I'm done here.
I still haven't started Stein;s Gate, or finished Madoka.
Come @ me f0dder

Do it f@@@@g come @ me

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-29 02:13:39

But no, seriously, Legend of the Galactic Heroes...why can't I have more epic Space Opera?

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-29 08:18:23

At 1/28/12 08:53 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 1/28/12 10:34 AM, BumFodder wrote:
You're truthfully the first person I've known of who didn't like it. Did you get to the 3rd episode?

At this point everyone has seen Madoka. I liked it personally, however their are characters that the less said the better and really it's not all that original. Dark Mahou Shoujo shit is just not as easy to recognize as it's more straight forward counterpart.

But it's not amazing... But Episode 3 did give me a legit "what the fuck."

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-29 08:35:22

At 1/29/12 08:18 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: it's not all that original.

I swear the next time someone says that a deconstruction isnt original Im going to blow my brains out.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-29 08:50:09

At 1/29/12 08:35 AM, BumFodder wrote:
I swear the next time someone says that a deconstruction isnt original Im going to blow my brains out.

Deconstruction isn't that original.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-01-29 08:53:58

At 1/29/12 08:35 AM, BumFodder wrote:

Because it's been done before, that's the thing.